[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Smash 64 has the best original stages >Melee has the best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (141 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
141 KB, 1280x720
>Smash 64 has the best original stages
>Melee has the best gameplay and best original music as well
>Brawl has the best single-player content and by far the best music remixes
>Smash 4 has the best graphics, online and roster, but nothing else

Can we at least agree on this /v/? Project Meme not allowed
>>
>>335919000
remove roster and then i will agree

nice trips. PM has best roster desu
>>
Why do you have to make these shit comparatives? Can you just play the game you like the most and fuck off?
>>
Agreed. Smash 4 felt unpolished as hell compared to Brawl.
>>
>>335919248
This. Melee is so different from the rest of the ''smash'' games that it could be considered something entirely different.
>>
>>335919000
TRIPS
CONFIRM
>>
>>335919000
Unless you miss The Mushroom Kingdom 64 stage that much, I wouldn't really say Smash 64 has anything going for it that wasn't done better in the later games. We already got Dream Land, Peaches Castle and Hyrule Castle in Smash 4.

64 still has the most hype Announcer, though.
>>
>>335919489
FREE FOR ALLLLL
>>
>>335919489
it had the best bonus stages in the classic mode and the game plays differently enough to go back to it from time to time
>>
>>335919489
Original stages - meaning reoccurring stages in later games don't count, they're still original 64 stages.
>>
>>335919000
64 has the best sound effects
Anything on melee that isnt the gameplay is inferior to most games
I agree with everything you said about brawl
4 has is the perfect balance between brawl and melee
>>
>>335919000
>sm4sh
>good roster
>ever

>No King K Rool
>No Ridley
>No Isaac
>No Wolf
>No Sami
>No Knuckles

Instead we get shit like
>Palutena
>Dark pit
>Bayonetta
>Robin
>Greninja
>Nintendos Lightning
>MII FIGHTERS
>GANONDORF STILL A CLONE

What an AMAZING "roster" :^)
>>
Brawl's single player is awful. Half the characters are just not conducive to platforming, so shoehorning everyone into a platformer is stupid.

It's a fighting game, the single player should be centered around fighting. Or partying, whatever, just the way it was done in Brawl felt like a shitty hack.

All the Subspace OC stuff was uninteresting as well. You have access to all of Nintendo's IPs and you limit the enemies and worlds to donut steel crap no one cares about? The single player has the potential to include lots of stuff that otherwise wouldn't be in the game, and to do things that you can't do with normal stages. Think about all the "tour" stages in U that move around to different areas within a single level, in a single player mode you could have fights naturally go through a wide variety of areas instead of having a big platform carry everyone around.
>>
>>335919818
>anon
>making god bait posts
>ever
>>
>>335919000
>>Smash 64 has the best original stages
Dreamland is GOAT tier. I don't really care for the 64 stages besides that. Too many rooftop stages and Saffron City is about the worst possible way to represent the pokemon series.
>>
Your making it sound like Sm4sh having the best roster is somehow bad

We have a ton of fresh gameplay styles and it trumps everybody else
>>
>>335919704
>>335919724
Good points, I forgot about Board the platforms. Probably my favourite bonus stage in the series now that I remember. Break the targets will be missed too.

>>335919818
You act as if Brawl or Melee had any of those characters you listed.
>>
>>335919164
It has all the characters anyone gave a shit about from previous entries minus Snake and I guess Ice Climbers, plus loads more

How does it not have the best roster
>>
No, melee had the best single player. The events were much better designed and adventure mode was very enjoyable. Brawl had a lot of stuff to do in single player but most of it wasn't that great, the only part I enjoyed was the boss battles and doing the trophy disc capture hunts.
>>
>>335919818

>No characters that haven't been relevant

Go suck a dick

>>>>>Still upset about Dark Pit
>>
>>335919818
lets not forget about Nintendo's Elsa and the yellow marshmallow that she uses
>>
>>335919742
>64 has the best sound effects
they need to bring them back.
>>
>>335920265
this.

The only thing Brawls single player did better then melees adventure mode was cinematics and boss battles
>>
>>335920085
Not at all, but wouldn't it be weird if it didn't have a better roster than its predecessors? It's natural it has it, just like better graphics and online.
>>
File: drinking your tears - rosalina.jpg (54 KB, 668x540) Image search: [Google]
drinking your tears - rosalina.jpg
54 KB, 668x540
>>335920265
At this point anyone that says that has nostalgiaglasses or is just a meleefag
Both Brawl and PM have better 1player stuff. Hell, even 64 might do so
>>335920391
>>
>>335920391
>Not knowing "Nintendos Lightning"
>>
That's more or less correct, though improvements can be made on all fronts.

Yes, I don't know why Smash 4 wasn't that "best of all world's" game. If I had to say, it's because Smash 4 was on a shoestring budget and Sakurai wanted to do all of his terrible "ideas."
>>
>>335919000
>Smash 4
>best roster
You are a disgusting weeb faggot and you need to kys this instant
>>
>>335920542
I do miss the tutorial/time attack nature of Board the Platforms/Break the Targets. Taught you how to use the characters effectively.
>>
>>335919000
sure
>>
>>335920918
>Only 12 characters
Melee
>The proportion of clones for a roster this small compared to Brawl and Sm4sh is ridiculous and it started the ''Ganon had to be a clone of Falcon'' trend
Brawl
>Good stuff. The irrelevant characters were either cut or replaced by more relevant characters. All the clone characters from Melee that made it to Brawl were decloned quite a bit. Plus Sonic and Snake.
Sm4sh
>Although losing Snake and the Icies hurts a little, the fact that you can play as Mario, Mega Man, Sonic, Pac-Man and Ryu in the same game more than makes up for it.
>>
Nah, Smash 4 def has the best roster.

Brawl has the best remixes.
Melee had the best stages.
64 has the best sfx.

[spoilers]but PM will always be the overall best[/spoilers]
>>
>>335919882
>You have access to all of Nintendo's IPs and you limit the enemies and worlds to donut steel crap no one cares about?

That shit was the worst. The first signs of Sakurai showing he was a hack.
>>
>>335921878
PM is unpolished shit.
Some of the animations look pretty fucking lame, the movement is not as good as melee's, it feels overall as a fucking beta
>>
>>335920391
You mean Disney's Rosalina.
>>
>>335921979
Imagine if people with as much competitive know how as the Project M team worked with someone with as autistic attention to graphical details as Sakurai.
>>
honestly what is everyone's hard on for melee's gameplay? Is it just cuz it was everyones nostalgia game?

its fucking clunky and all its tech is derived from unintentional design shit.

Smash 4 is the best of everything aside from stages

and if there was a way to play with no items 64 had the best gameplay
>>
>>335919882
I mentioned this on both TV Tropes and Youtube, and you wouldn't believe the hatred and arguments I got into because everybody loved the OCs and thought making a Nintendo character be the big villain of SSE was making them be out of character and more important than Bowser and Ganondorf and other inane shit.

At least Smash Run sort of does that with most of the enemies being from Nintendo games, too bad 1/3 of the enemy roster is Kid Icarus shit, several SSE Heartless are there too, and there aren't any major miniboss-style fights involving bosses from the various Nintendo games.
>>
>>335922301
It's fast, it's hardcore, lots of mindgames, lots of options for movement, and the competitive scene adores it.
>>
>>335922803
It also got an infinite skill ceiling because you can never be truly TAS.
>>
>>335922803
but do they only adore it because its what they played as kids?

isn't the changes and additions made to smash 4 just as good for mindgames/movement?
>>
>>335920105
Wolf was in Brawl, dummkopf.
>>
>>335922923
Along with the steepest fucking difficulty curve for anyone wanting to get into it
>>
>>335922927
>isn't the changes and additions made to smash 4 just as good for mindgames/movement?

You already know the answer to that anon.
>>
>>335922927
Smash 4 is not Melee, therefore it is the worst shit to ever poop out of Sakurai's panties.
>>
>>335923065
I find the movement and controls of Melee to be unintuitive and annoying
>>
>>335923027
That's why I listed Melee as well.
>>
>>335923267
But it still has more options for mindgames/movement when compared to smash 4. whether or not you're capable of taking advantage of them is a different issue.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.