[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nintendo confirms that they will continue to support the Wii
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Nintendo Direct.jpg (5 KB, 250x140) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo Direct.jpg
5 KB, 250x140
As I mentioned earlier, I cannot speak about the details of NX today. If I mention every detail of what we are newly thinking, it could be persuasive but it could also give other companies the opportunity to come up with counterplans or implement the ideas that they find interesting. There may also be the possibility that it will spoil the sense of surprise for consumers. Of course these factors are all against the interest of the entire company and they would ultimately harm the interest of our shareholders, so we appreciate your understanding in this respect.

Regarding your concern about what will happen to Wii U or what will happen to Nintendo 3DS, NX is a new platform, so the installed base will have to be built up from zero. When NX is launched, there already will be a certain volume of Nintendo 3DS and Wii U hardware widely existing in the market, so from a software business perspective, it would be highly inefficient to stop releasing titles for Nintendo 3DS or Wii U right after the launch of NX. Therefore, while we are preparing NX for the future, we are discussing within our internal development teams as well as with the second-party developers we co-develop software with and also with third-party software publishers about how to continue creating software for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS.

BTFO.
>>
Isn't this exactly what you'd expect them to say?

We wont know for sure until after NX launches.
>>
>>335916027
If they were really cancelling Wii U due to poor sales, don't you think they would tell us that?
>>
>>335915772
Old source

>highly inefficient to stop releasing titles for Nintendo 3DS or Wii U right after the launch of NX
Right. Thats why new Zelda is on WiiU. But they wont develop NEW games for it. And obviously the 3DS is still going to get games.
>>
>>335915772
just like the DS :L
>>
>>335916079

No, they would not. They trot out this little song and dance all the time. And every time, they word it in such a way that they can weasel out and do the exact opposite whenever it pleases them.
"we are discussing within our internal development teams as well as with the second-party developers we co-develop software with and also with third-party software publishers about how to continue creating software for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS." can just as easily mean, "How do we continue making WiiU software? Er, we can't. Okay, let's move on."

I enjoy Nintendo's games, even the weird experimental stuff, but it's not hard to parse what they really mean here, especially since they did the exact same thing so many times before.
>>
>>335915772
but eeeveryone knoows its bullshiiiit
>>
More like they're committed to patching out new exploits well into the NX cycle.
>>
>PR shit

Woooow no shit, faggot.

What were you expecting them to say?

>lol we will stop supporting Wii U once NX launches. Pls buy our new hardware

Are you retarded, OP?

>muh support
One year of leftover projects like the DS in 2012
>>
File: 1457043621162.png (278 KB, 500x381) Image search: [Google]
1457043621162.png
278 KB, 500x381
Why is it always Nintendo that attracts these fucking leakers and the gullible faggots here who believe them even for half a fucking second?

I've got a leak for you, a hot leak; the NX is going to be the Wii U except with an Xbone-powered innards and remote play streaming so you can carry your Wii U Gamepad-type controller around with you wherever you go and play games.
>>
Of course they will support if for at least a little while.

Literally every company has done this when launching a new console. Hell, Sony and MS supported the 360 and PS3 for years after the new gen came out.

Thanks for the "insider" info, you dumb fuccboi.
>>
>>335915772
You're just one of those shitheads with a savior complex that spreads fake information to instill false hope on a sinking ship.

You don't know anything, you're just distraught with feelings of calamity and doom whenever anons are fed up with Nintendo's decisions.

Go snort Iwata's ashes you pig.
>>
>>335915772
It would be stupid not to port some NX titles to Wii U. It's not like the NX will have a larger install base at launch.
>>
>>335915772
Literally every post you make contradicts one you'd made a week ago.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.