[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
holy shit the division died out so fast, not even /vg/ bothered
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9
File: the-division-638110.jpg (62 KB, 590x350) Image search: [Google]
the-division-638110.jpg
62 KB, 590x350
holy shit the division died out so fast, not even /vg/ bothered with keeping up the general.

WHAT WENT WRONG?
>>
File: the division.jpg (35 KB, 606x100) Image search: [Google]
the division.jpg
35 KB, 606x100
literally todays patch notes.

how do you want your game familia?
>>
Let's start at the beginning at the top of the list...

UBISOFT
>>
Tom Clancy game. IE: the villain was doing stupid shit for indiscernible reasons and nobody acts like a human would. The characters are flat and the conflicts are flatter.

When was the last time a Clancy game made your jaw drop because the design was so pretty? Never for me, I think they're quite dull
>>
>>335909284
This. The bugs are completely ruining the game and causing people to drop it. I stopped playing until whenever they decide to get it together and fix that shit. However, that is unlikely.
>>
They tried to pull a destiny 2.0, the problem with those kind of scams are they only really work once in such a large fashion.
>>
rainbow six vegas is the only good tom clancy game
>>
>ubisoft
>refuse to fix game breaking bugs on a "MMO"

i know that this was gonna be a destiny cop-out.

people who are crying deserve this.
>>
File: 1452888538754.jpg (199 KB, 640x1623) Image search: [Google]
1452888538754.jpg
199 KB, 640x1623
>>335909234

It's ok to tool around in the DZ with friends, but it's getting stale fast. There's literally nothing to do once you've geared up. They somehow made a worse version of Destiny.
>>
File: Ciri Sweat.jpg (60 KB, 407x401) Image search: [Google]
Ciri Sweat.jpg
60 KB, 407x401
Knowing /vg/ it was dropped for 2 reasons

>No ''Waifus'' in the game
>No one in the game was named Ciri
>There was no love choices in game allowing the player to be a full blown ''cuck''
>>
>>335910056

>top seller everywhere
>breaks new IP records
>it didnt work guys! haha! it totally didnt work!

at least face the facts and accept it
>>
>>335910552
>largest marketing budget of any videogame ever

>nothing but promotional deals and commercials for a whole year and a half before release

Eat shit, shill.
>>
>>335910552
bungie defence force never misses a beat, huh?
>>
>>335910750
>>335910842

what?
are you retards?

i was saying that Division sold tons and worked just as well if not better than Destiny

bunch of retards
>>
>>335909234

Crafting changes are awful, PC version is full of hackers. I've seen screenshots of hack forums complaining that they can't even play properly with hacks now because of other hackers - thats how fucked this game is.
>>
>>335910980
Division didn't break any IP records and wasn't close to a top seller, you fucking faggot.
>>
I don't understand how anyone ever gave a fuck about this game. The setting is so fucking bland, why would you want to play it for dozens of hours?

Plus it's just humans shooting humans with boring guns. There isn't a single interesting thing happening in this game. Plus the mechanics are bland and it's glitchy.
>>
the division as of now shares a lot of resplendence with the original pile of horse shit that was Diablo III. It pretty much has the exact same problems.
>>
>>335911085

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-division-breaks-more-sales-records-passes-dest/1100-6435683/
>>
File: nGHWjdY.jpg (27 KB, 640x479) Image search: [Google]
nGHWjdY.jpg
27 KB, 640x479
>>335909234
WHERE IS /tcdg/!? RRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: I laughed.png (6 KB, 390x470) Image search: [Google]
I laughed.png
6 KB, 390x470
>>335911336
>Gamespot
>Passes Destiny
Holy shit that mad me chuckle.
>>
File: 1460081940515.jpg (113 KB, 1280x533) Image search: [Google]
1460081940515.jpg
113 KB, 1280x533
>>335911510

>bungiefag in denial

literally google "division break records"
you're gonna get more articles than your shitpost count will ever reach
>>
>>335911336
>this game sold that much
>literally no one plays it or talks about it

Seems fishy to me, remember when like AC3 or something had "RECORD BREAKING PRE ORDERS" and now ubisoft pretends that game never happened.
>>
>What went wrong with The Division?

It's Client-Side. Meaning you can hack and not get banned.
>>
>>335911702
Leave me alone cock sucker
>>
>>335911702
>He believes viral marketing

You know these are faked sales numbers to fool shareholders, right?
>>
>>335911702
Won't change that it's literally not enjoyable.
Just proofs that people have no standards anymore.
>>
>>335911708
>>335911809

https://www.vg247.com/2016/03/14/the-division-breaks-11-year-uk-sales-record/

Yes, im positive everyone lies and everything is a corporate conspiracy.

Especially true, when you dont like it, because you favorite nippon game didnt even sell 100k.
>>
>>335909234
Matchmaking is stupid, I joined a party for a specific mission and the other guys didn't even bother showing up for it, but fucked off and did something else. Nothing to do at endgame so if you have friends who already had the game, they aren't playing it anymore and probably playing Dark Souls or something.
Fighting isn't particularly interesting. No matter what gun you use the same strategies apply, and everyone uses the same talents/skills.
>>
File: SFW.webm (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
SFW.webm
1 MB, 320x240
Y'all bought the wrong Tom Clancy game.

Why buy generic Alex Jones cash in RPG grind shooter, when you have the high skill ceiling FPS tactical CQC game of Rainbow Six Siege?
>>
>>335911972
>vg247

Seems like a reliable site that can't be bought. Call of duty is a popular game, people play it and I know they do, same for skyrim and even destiny to an extent.
This isn't even semi-popular, though it's supposed to be a record breaker, why haven't I even heard a single normie talk about it or ask me of I've played it? You're probably a shill yourself, tbqh.
>>
>>335912118
whos that girl?
>>
>>335912238
Jessy Dubai.
>>
>>335910552
>sales are more important than quality.
I assume you bought a ps4?
>>
>>335912118
When you're right you're right. I regret my decision.
>>
Its a game requiring friends to be fun, but i know no one on /v/ has those.
>>
>>335912203
>This isn't even semi-popular

of course it isnt when you dont leave the basement

>>335912338

>sales are more important than quality.

i never said that

>I assume you bought a ps4?

PC+PS always. :)
Xbox and Nintendo is pure shit.
>>
>>335912574
Wow you're a huge faggot. The division is shit mate, no one plays this game and ubisoft won't fuck your wife for defending them
>>
>>335912118
Does Rainbox Six: Siege have that Call of Duty shit where if you aren't playing from day one you are woefully obsolete in gear from everyone else who is playing?
>>
>>335912574
>you never leave the basement

this comeback makes no fucking sense, especially when I just said "no one askes me if I've played it". Try harder, faggot.
>>
>>335912663
>The division is shit mate

i never said it was good
nice reading comprehension though

>>335912768
>no one askes me if I've played it

how could they if you dont leave your mom's basement?
>>
I don't get it, it has damage value pop ups, a levelling up system, motion blur, achievements, sidequests, grinding, cover based shooting. All those things are bound to make it a successful game right? I mean it's got all those things all those other popular games has so it has to be good right?
>>
File: rb6.png (39 KB, 567x91) Image search: [Google]
rb6.png
39 KB, 567x91
>>335912724
In a way, yes.

You spend your game points you get by playing on Operators, there is 4 operators per unit, 2 defenders and 2 attackers.

Each operator you unlock from each unit, despite atk or def increases in cost. 500, 1000, 1500, 2000.

Once you buy the operator, they come with a loadout you can customize, but there is no additional equipment to add, that's that.

But, you can't have 2 of the same operator, so if one of your 4 teammates chooses the operators you have unlocked, you have to choose recruit, which isn't terrible as they have access to every single weapon, just no special gadget.

But, the currency comes quick and easy, and once you have a good handful of different operators unlocked you wont have to pick recruit as often.

The only downfall to recruits is, you can add sights/skins/silencers/grips to increase your weapons performance slightly, which can cost another 200-600 points per operator load out, depending on how far you want to pimp it. The most expensive sight is like, 250, and the other options are only like 100 or so.

I'd say I had every single operator unlocked by the time I reached level 40, but since then they've added DLC operators which you can pay money for, or an expensive 25,000 in-game credits. They add 2 a season, though. So, once you get all the initial cheap operators, you can try and get those.

I barely had enough to buy both of them when they came out, and I don't currently have enough to buy the next batch that's due next month, but hopefully will by the time they release.
>>
>>335913232
Thanks for the information, maybe I'll pick it up.
>>
I stopped playing divison, after 70 hours. Got my money's worth. The game is too boring, loads of running around, boring cover / shooting over and over and over and Silly RNG like destiny.
I feel in terms of content, destiny (which I played for over a year) and destiny are on par.
but due to the magical elements destiny kept me entertained longer.

Plus the networking DELTA/MIKE issues I kept having with division and falling through the floor and hackers, turned me straight off.
>>
Theres nothing to do. me and a friend got the best gear from the incursions via glitch because its next to impossible doing it with people in matchmaking, Im not going to lie, but I have the gear and it feels no different from before, theres no gimmicks, your numbers just go up, everything still feels the same. Theres nothing to work for or play around with, they fucked up by making the vector and ak 47 the best weapons and readily available as soon as you hit 30, meaning youre not grinding for a weapon you like and can build yourself around even, because you already have it, so everything you do actually pick up just gets trashed to make another vector or ak, and when you dont use these weapons you feel massively underpowered

Stupid as fuck design for a grind game right there, make the best weapon something you dont grind for but already have, what the fuck are you grinding for when you have the best stuff right off the bat. Try to use something else? Youre now a severe weakness to the team because youre not doing enough damage.

Its a game of grind with nothing to actually grind for, youre just doing it because thats all there is to do in the game.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.