[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: warlords-of-draenor-1920x1200.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
warlords-of-draenor-1920x1200.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
What went wrong?
>>
Nothing, everybody died but Grommash was forgiven anyways. Besides, it all took place in a convoluted, alternate past-dimension's future so it didn't really have much to do with the actual azeroth
>>
>>335896561
Better question would be what went right
>>
File: 1461050343940.jpg (189 KB, 923x679) Image search: [Google]
1461050343940.jpg
189 KB, 923x679
>it will be different next expansion, this time for real!
>>
Bgs with friends are fun
Whats everyones problem with woD .
>>
>>335896561

Something must be real wrong with WoW because they just upgraded my Cataclism account to Warlords of Draenor
>>
>>335896561
Everything that wasn't raiding or leveling content.
>>
>>335897427
They're giving it for free now + 6 days free game time
>>
File: 1461926916418.jpg (513 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1461926916418.jpg
513 KB, 1920x1200
>>335896561
>>
>>335898472
Yeah but that's only for people who haven't payed a sub for more than two years.
>>
File: WoW 2010-04-07 02-29-43-55.jpg (270 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
WoW 2010-04-07 02-29-43-55.jpg
270 KB, 1680x1050
>>335896561
As an Arms Warrior who enjoys PvP, they removed too many mechanics with the ability strip. My opponent and I can't really react to each other anymore, so I lose interest. Just watching their health bars go up and down isn't game-play.

I want to
>disarm them when it breaks their mechanics
>improve hamstring snare a hunter mid disengage
>Just time a bladestorm to break a kidney shot or deep freeze
>Banner charge
>overpower a rogue's evasion
>Overpower with Unrelenting Assault to half their magical damage and healing on top of mortal strike.
>Swap weapons to Shield Bash a magical buff or daze them with shield bash.
>Victory Rush for a meaningful amount of health.
>Retaliate

All of these little things gave the game meaning, because if I wanted to struggle, if I wanted to excel as a warrior. I could. There was always something else I could do better. In WoD, 90% of the time all I can do is hit harder or heal more. The cooldowns are too basic and have no depth or room for complexity and deeper understanding.

And so, I lost my niche in WoW with Wod.

The game's reward structure went to shit in TBC imo. I preferred vanilla's simple and unforgiving way of just making things rare and unfair and/or painful to acquire. Every item had a lot of emotional weight to them.

TBC and onwards improved the game-play in many ways though, for pve and pvp.

The art, music, and world is and has always been wonderful.
>>
>gul'dan.jpeg

...everything...
>>
>>335899629
>not Guldan.gif
>>
>>335899712
True. That part where takes his hood off was pretty tits. I'll do better next time.
>>
Garrisons did too much and there was no incentive to hang in hubs or do world PvP/objectives and Tanaan came too late. Leveling experience was fun, most of the classes were still fun to play, the raids were amazing (HFC less so, besides Archimonde) and the dungeons were gorgeous, but it just felt like a raid simulator and didn't have the illusion of social interaction that previous expansions had. Legion is shaping up to be fantastic and I've enjoyed the changes in the Alpha so far. The prune of Brewmaster has been good because they honestly had an ungodly amount of buttons that did random shit and the new talents keep the buttons at a nice level while also making Brewmaster feel distinct. Artifacts look great, will really depend on how fast you can get artifact power though. Class Halls are a good idea SO LONG as there are hubs where you'll also see other people, so your only interaction with non-class members isn't just World Quests.

MoP was best expansion followed by Wrath.
>>
Lack of shields. I fucking love shields. I love fucking shields.
>>
>>335899401

Beautiful post. I feel you.
>>
>>335899712
>not Guldan.webm
Might as well sit and grunt at each other like fucking cavemen
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.