[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post video games that aren't 'bad', but you just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: link.jpg (2 MB, 5120x2875) Image search: [Google]
link.jpg
2 MB, 5120x2875
Post video games that aren't 'bad', but you just don't 'get'

I don't get The Legend of Zelda. The puzzles and combat seem very simple, and it just doesn't click with me.
>>
Cave Story

It felt like a completely average platformer to me. No special moves or any interesting mechanic, just a few different weapons.

And why do people praise the story in this game? Granted, i didn't play until the end, but it felt like another run-of-the-mill game story as far as i got
>>
>>335891486

Secret endings, waifu, and it was made by one dude.
>>
>>335891782
>Secret endings
I didn't play enough for a single ending, so that doesn't do anything

>waifu
Don't care at all

>made by one dude
It's certainly impressive and i commend the guy for his hard work, but it's not gonna change anything
>>
Thief

I get that STEALTH is the point of the game and it introduces all these kinds of arrows and tools to let you STEALTH harder, but I found it easier to knock out/kill all the guards and loot the level at my own pace
>>
Strategy games, I just get no enjoyment out of any of them.

>>335891030 is one of my favorite series, on the other hand. I love tight level design and pacing in video games, and that's the draw for me, even though it's not challenging at all
>>
Monster Hunter.

I played MH4 for 20 hours with a friend and while it was fun I don't see the appeal of taking 0.00005% of the monster health bar every hit while the weapon's durability is wearing down and health items are getting sparse. Seems like they wanted to inflate the gameplay time. It's just not very interesting to hit the same 'boss' with the same tricks for 40 mins. I don't mind long 'bossfights' but in MH shit just takes too long.
>>
All FPS games. Guns just aren't really very "cool" to me, and the first-person view feels like the opposite of immersion, it's just constantly reminding me I'm a floating box with a gun in place of my nose.
>>
Try this, OP.
>>
>>335891030

Visual Novels. Are they games or just interactive books?
>>
League of Legends

I don't get how people can judge a game where you have to rely on four other people to not screw up as a test of skill. Meanwhile fighting games and even FPS are far more competitive but outside of a few examples they're nowhere near as popular with the casual audience.
>>
>>335892876
team-based games are only competitive when you're an actual, you know, team. Same with CS and actual sports like basketball and football and stuff.

nobody seriously thinks playing with random team-mates is anything other than a fucking crapshoot.
>>
>>335892832

The second one. They let you have choices, but that just turns them into choose-your-own-adventure books
>>
>>335892876
MOBAs in general make no sense to me desu, they're so widely popular but the concept just doesn't make sense to me.
>>
>>335891030
Final Fantasy 7. I just couldn't get into it, it actually just made me want to replay Chrono Trigger.
>>
>>335891030
Uncharted. I don't understand why Sonyggers worship it.
>>
>>335892597
That's why the battles don't last 40 minutes but 5, 10, 15 max if you're bad.
>>
File: Box_Art-MH3U_WIIU_NA.jpg (461 KB, 1067x1500) Image search: [Google]
Box_Art-MH3U_WIIU_NA.jpg
461 KB, 1067x1500
I bought MHFU, barely played it
Bought this, played it long enough to hunt a big monster but still got bored of it

Series just isn't my bag
>>
>>335892832
Play Ace Attorney
>>
>>335892714
Hello Bernie Sanders voter. Don't you have a bull to prep shitlord? Why are you shitposting on /V/ while the bull remains unprepped even? I mean, it's 2016, come' on!
>>
>>335892876
>more competitive game
>less popular
Gee is that realty so surprising?
>>
File: COMEATMEBRO2.png (289 KB, 530x727) Image search: [Google]
COMEATMEBRO2.png
289 KB, 530x727
A reason to post this again!
>>
>>335893957
>demon souls
>catherine
>shit

Dumb PCuck with horrible taste and 1000+hrs on assfaggots detected. Prove me wrong faggot. You easily can just post your 'steam profile'.
>>
>>335891030
I used to love zelda but now it's way too easy. It's also very juvenile
>>
File: league family feud.jpg (83 KB, 550x440) Image search: [Google]
league family feud.jpg
83 KB, 550x440
>>335892876
We surveyed 100 league of legends players. Top ONE answer is on the board:

Why do you think that League of Legends is more popular than shooters and fighting games?
>>
>>335894158
I could easily not post my profile too.

Dota 2 is garbage. The camera angle sucks.
>>
>>335893957
minecraft and dayz are the only shitty games there faggot
fuck off
good bait
>>
>>335894158
and catherine was shit. The 2nd time I played the game was a 4 1/2 hour marathon in which I beat it.

Got a shitty ending, but yeah, it was garbage. Thank god I got it used at gamestop for 55 bones instead of 60. I got all 55 of that back 2 days after buying it.
>>
>>335894368
Girls play it?
>>
>>335892597
You just really sucked at the game. Hunts should never take more than 10 minutes, 15 max if you're having a tough time. Any longer than that and you're just terrible at the game.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.