[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Ocean: First Departure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: FirstDepartureUSAcover.jpg (98 KB, 640x1110) Image search: [Google]
FirstDepartureUSAcover.jpg
98 KB, 640x1110
Holy shit why does this game have so many bullshit requirements for recruiting party members?
>>
>>335881520
It's a Star Ocean game.
>>
>>335881520
>Holy shit why does this game have so many bullshit requirements for recruiting party members?
Its great isn't it?
>>
git a guide
>>
>>335883193

RAWKETT PAUNCH
>>
>>335881520
Replay value.
>>
>>335881520

To sell strategy guides.

Literally no other reason.

>>335884281

Fuck off retard.
>>
>>335883193
>>335884508
What a shame the internet has sort of made guides redundant now.
>>
>>335884281
Wasn't the game rather short by JRPG standards too?
>>
>>335885589
Which standards? I've played alot of jrpgs this year (and in general) and most by far have been 20 hours or less. Few over 20 hours. Fewer still at 30 and beyond.

First Departure took me about 18, if you count that as short? I think the fact that it's filled with backtracking to pad things out says more about its length than anything.
>>
>>335885817
SNES standards which usually were in the 20-30hr range. Actually not sure how much the PSP remake of the game changed or added though.
>>
>>335885901
>SNES standards which usually were in the 20-30hr range
Shining Force, Earthbound, Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, DQIV (if we can count the DS port?), and some others are sub-20 hours as well. afaik SO:FD a few animated cutscenes, new party members, and the painful slow to traverse SO2-esque overworld. I imagine the original was much less painless to travel?
>>
>>335886715
The original had no overworld to my recollection, it was just running through tilemap environments between locations, usually 2-3 of them.
>>
>>335886759
That'd make the backtracking much more palpable and the game length even shorter for sures. Late in the game you're set to go fight the big boss and head to his island... only to immediately be sent back to some town, which mercifully was done automatically. The unmerciful part was not being warped back to the island automatically afterwards.
>>
thats why its called first departure
>>
>>335883193
But even with a guide it's impossible to get all of them. Hell apparently just by having unlocked one character means you can't unlock another. The fuck is this shit, tri-Ace?
>>
>>335887558
>But even with a guide it's impossible to get all of them.
duh? theres 8 character slots and 4 are mandatory characters

of course you can't get them all in the same playthrough

fwiw erys and welch weren't in the original game
>>
>>335887820
>fwiw erys and welch weren't in the original game

I see. Guess I won't bother with them in this playthrough.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.