[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the most immerse game out there?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Lag in stalker explained.jpg (114 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Lag in stalker explained.jpg
114 KB, 1280x720
What is the most immerse game out there?
>>
>>335880084
That's cool as fuck.
>>
>>335880084
Not even a SSD fixed the stutter.
>>
>>
>>335880084
Some say the Elder Scrolls series.
>>
>>335880084

mario
>>
>>335881957
which one though.
>>
>>335880084
>goes voluntarily to the most radioactive place on earth
>I don't want to leave this place retarded or something.
>>
>>335880084
Some future Extreme super hardcore VR sim where the flow of time is slower so you don't actually waste any IRL time, but then you immerse so hard you realize you're in a VR sim within a VR sim.
>>
>>335882203
iirc have to get a very high dosage of radiation for it to effect your brain.
>>
>>335880084

STALKER is up there.

Me personally, DayZ got really immersive as well.
>>
>>335880084
Personally, I found Pathologic the most immersive of any game I've played.
Most people would probably not think so, though.

>>335882094
some say Morrowind
>>
>>335880084
I was going to say S.T.A.L.K.E.R but nevermind
>>
>>335880084
>>335881957
>>335882094

I'd say Morrowind is pretty great immersion wise for two reasons:

1) the world is not centered on the "chosen one". Wherever you go people will be absorbed in their own business. The fact that you're the reincarnation of an ancient elven hero is unknown to most and never a major point in any but the main questline. Even without the main quest, Morrowind wouls still be a dazzling place to explore because eveything is realistically intertwined and independent at the same time, from major political struggles to townsfolk petty problems.

2) The physical is just a part of the world, and most of discovery on the player's side comes from the exploration of the metaphysical.
Morrowind's lore is not something you only read in books. People and Gods have been living side by side since forever and the terrestrial realm, which is per se pretty alien, is but a returning point. It's funny how people were all hyped by Skyrim's "see that mountain? You can climb it" when Morrowind was pretty much "see that otherwordly realm? You can warp to it"
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.