[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8
File: Nintendo-Logo.png (68 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo-Logo.png
68 KB, 1920x1080
What went wrong?
>>
Architecture.

When you've got two x86 consoles on the market and you're using a weird AMD one, of course you're not going to get any 3rd party support.
>>
NINTENDO DOOMED
LOL SONY WINS AGAIN
>>
>>335868353
Triggered heart excelica
>>
>>335868295
>course you're not going to get any 3rd party support.
And their polices of pretty much not giving a shit about 3rd party developers or offering them any real support.

Even Microsoft and Sony know better, and according to what is going on with the NX Nintendo still isn't going to learn from and fix their shit.
>>
TRANSFORMATION
>>
>>335868295
It's not really architecture. It doesn't help, but if they had processing power on par with the others and a larger install base that actually bought third party games, they would get third party games.
>>
>>335869451
>the Wii U was sold at a loss on launch
>>
The decisions they make are archaic and stupid, they could easy make the right decisions and being steering the company in the right direction with the invaluable resources, tools and knowledge at their disposal but they choose not to and almost seem adamantly against the idea of commercial success in the video game industry. It's akin to a giant continuously trying to hack off his own arm which instantly grows back again only to justify the self-defeating freak show because if only because the arm grows back a little smaller. Nintendo currently insists on digging themselves deeper into the hole they've created and they can keep going for all I care. I gave up on Nintendo years ago and it's clear they game up on themselves around that time as well. I'm really reluctant to say but this is the effect Sony has had on the company, Sony has crippled their vision and capabilities to produce great video games by indirectly exposing them as last generation indie developers they've become.
>>
File: Jesus.png (595 KB, 708x2012) Image search: [Google]
Jesus.png
595 KB, 708x2012
>>335867949
gimmick shit
broadening their audience
>>
>>335867949
Japanese business hierarchy.
>>
>>335868353
FUCK VIDEOGAMES DID YOU SEE THOSE SALES MAN!
>>
They're far behind in technical shit like graphics, UI, etc.
Most importantly, their games are also not as good as they used to be
>>
File: Iwata.jpg (49 KB, 494x586) Image search: [Google]
Iwata.jpg
49 KB, 494x586
>>335867949
>>
The obvious answer is the pandering to the casual market. Why would you base your profit on an audience that only c a s u a l l y engages in your product?
>>
>>335871982
It's sad, even though they took fat shits into the mouths of core fans last gen, a residual number of them STILL stick around and will literally justify, apologize for and shill any-fucking-thing and everything the company squeezes out of it's ass.
>>
>>335867949

>Abandoning CDs for overly expensive Cartridges

>Using Mini Disc with Half of the space on them as the competition

>Not allowing a wide range of Third party Support

>Going Full Motion Support without a NORMAL controller included with purchase.

>No decent online structure

>Too many Peripherals

> Bad Advertisement for your new console( Wii U)

Nintendo makes Great games but poor business decisions.
>>
>>335872570
that's where all the money is. just look at xbox 360 and ps4
>>
>>335872365
>They're far behind in technical shit like graphics, UI, etc.
They always have been. But that fucking Nintendo quality always impressed. They're just running out of ideas. Even with the great formulas they've created, they can only be switched up and used again so many times.
>>
>>335867949

I feel the problem was the Wii. Why? Because the Wii sold incredibly well, and Nintendo think that the only way to make that lightning strike twice is more and stupider gimmicks.

The Wii might have been the biggest success Nintendo's had in a while, from a financial standpoint. But the crowd they sold their soul to wasn't one willing to stick around for their next machine.
>>
>>335872570
>Why would you base your profit on an audience that only c a s u a l l y engages in your product?
Because that's where the money is? Look at all the retards who bought a PS4 for FIFA and CoD.

"hard core" gaming is niche as fuck. Nintendo actively censors and butchers its core games which in turn pisses off their hard core audience. I'm done with Nintendo, but like >>335872645
said, some Nintendo fans are just die hard fanboys who will defend every stupid thing they do.
>>
>>335873031
>Nintendo USED TO make Great games

Ftfy
>>
>>335872489
>>335871982

this
>>
>>335873279
Personally, I think the gimmicks are a sort of built in piracy protection. Regardless of your thoughts on the game, think about how difficult it would be to pirate Skyward Sword.
>>
>>335873061
>>335873410
I'm not talking about those people. I'm talking about Wii Fit soccer moms. People that pick it up for gimmicky shit don't want to play nearly as often as FIFA and/or CoD kids.
>>
Thanks for reminding me...Nintendo went back to their old logo.

FUCK YEAH
>>
>>335873583

I see your point, but considering Dolphin supports Wiimote emulation, not too difficult.
>>
They lost direction. They used to be about making well crafted games that you could spend hundreds of hours in because they were so well made and full of interesting content. Now it seems they are trying too hard to pander to an audience that isnt children but also isnt their older fans, causing a disconnect between what is delivered and expected. Theyve made some success when they actually polish a game like splatoon, star fox, and smash, but they also are turning othrr franchises into obvious and mediocre cash grabs like mario tennis, mario and luigi, and zelda.
>>
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 846x257) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 846x257
>Nintendrones shit on the PS4 and Sony for so long
>"Sony is losing money and going broke!"
>Meanwhile, Sony's PSN sale profits were larger than Nintendo's earnings as a whole
>Sony made 1.3 billion dollars
>Nintendo is selling off their ownership of that baseball team they own
>>
>>335873698
They didn't lose direction. OIwata's blue ocean strategy deliberately went for casual shit. Learn your history.

Everything went to shit because of the Fagwata.
>>
>>335867949
Everything.

Its been run by a bunch of fossilized old men who refuse to move beyond 16 year old technology.
>>
How did you not see this failing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEMz4ZieCwM

>Wii U
Seriously
>>
>>335873875
Personally, I'm excited to finally be seeing what Kimishima will do at the reins. Everything we've seen up until this point have been projects that were started under Iwata.
>>
>>335867949

Nothing because they're about to make a huge splash in the mobile scene.

Oh, you mean for US?

>too focused on gimmicks instead of being tried and true to what works
>Apple Syndrome: Products with n unbalanced Price-To-Performance ratio
>Nintendo of America went full retard and no one is putting them in their place
>very small third party support
>>
>>335873875
>Iwata dies
>this e3 Nintendo literally only has 1 game
>>
>>335867949
They thought that they could get away again with minimal effort but the normies didn't bite.
>>
>>335874131
Everything from them only showing the gamepad and not the console at first to them showing off New Super Mario Bros. U could not have been any more confusing.
>>
Went back and turned my Wii U on today.

Know what games I wanted to replay?

Bayonetta
Wonderful 101
Donkey Kong
Fatal Frame

That's all it had in 5 fucking years besides Roms.
>>
>>335874596
I turned on my PS4 today.

Know what games I have to play?
>>
>>335874963

Bloodborne

That's it I think.

Doesn't change the fact that the Wii U was also shit.
>>
File: Snapshot 14 (2-1-2016 11-00 PM).png (693 KB, 1134x638) Image search: [Google]
Snapshot 14 (2-1-2016 11-00 PM).png
693 KB, 1134x638
>>335867949
when the n64 happened then it went down hill from there
>>
File: 1461170200907.png (60 KB, 606x530) Image search: [Google]
1461170200907.png
60 KB, 606x530
>>335867949
>>335868353
It's....... not..... *coughs*........ FAIR!!!!!!!
>>
they stuck to their guns and attempted to focus on what matters: making games

unfortunately this industry has gone to complete shit and that's not okay anymore apparently
>>
The fact that they've got literally two first party games confirmed coming out for Wii U from now to march 2017. One is a japanese game that sold 50k in its home country, and the other is a paper mario game that the fanbase is throwing a fit about.
>>
File: 1435573759064.png (409 KB, 626x683) Image search: [Google]
1435573759064.png
409 KB, 626x683
>>335875163
>they stuck to their guns and attempted to focus on what matters: making games
Yeah. Except for the fact that they completely stopped making games.
>>
File: Snapshot_19.png (255 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Snapshot_19.png
255 KB, 640x360
>>335868353
>NINTENDO DOOMED
LOL SONY WINS AGAIN

no anon everyone except nintendo wins
>>
>>335875352
quality takes time, sonygger
>>
No difficulty in games
Takes 5 minutes to master a game
5 minutes to get bored.
They are developing games for 40 year olds who do not have time to play games.

Not developing for kids who get home and want to figure out a game and get rewarded for challenging gameplay
>>
>>335873742
>owned.
>>
how about Nintendo and their shitty friend code system just do what everyone else is doing like psn and xboxlive

fcking old fart nintendo
>>
>>335875448
yeah, that star fox was a 10/10 top notch game right?
>>
>>335875448
It takes 7-8 years? Fuck off I've never even owned a Sony console

this
>>335875779
guy is right as well
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.