[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the most gruesome JRPG you've ever seen?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: latest[1].png (343 KB, 941x600) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
343 KB, 941x600
What is the most gruesome JRPG you've ever seen?
>>
>>335859093
I dunno. Parasite Eve?
>>
File: 1461634667379.jpg (234 KB, 3532x687) Image search: [Google]
1461634667379.jpg
234 KB, 3532x687
>>335859093
Gonna need a name if your pic is a JRPG, SMT while not graphicly gruesome can get pretty brutal, watching waifus get eaten or commit suicide
>>
looks like xenosaga based on the outfits.

Gonna have to agree that the series can be pretty gruesome at times.

its pretty fucking great.
>>
>>335861235
Xenosaga 3 this scene was censored in the english version
>>
>>335861876
So Parasite Eve is the winner.
People bursting into flames. rats transforming in horrible inside out monster.
A large crowd of people becoming a large mass of blood and organs Every enemy you see shows a FMV of it transforming into some monstrosity that spits in gods face.
>>
Wasn't there one JRPG where a dude cuts off someone's head, and it was censored in the West, but all they did was remove the knife, so instead it looked like the dude just fucking ripped the head right off?
>>
>>335862213
Xenosaga 3 and the guy did it to himself but he could regenerate himself. There was even a scene of him blowing his own head off with a gun as a kid.
>>
>>335862213
That would be Xenosaga.
>>
>>335862437
Whoops, yeah it was the first game, not 3
>>
File: latest[3].gif (3 MB, 300x215) Image search: [Google]
latest[3].gif
3 MB, 300x215
>>335862213
>>
>>335862864
Leave it to censorship making a scene more horrific by accident.
>>
>>335862864
where is the knife supposed to be? this still makes no sense.
>>
>>335863897
thats the censored version mate. Instead of using a knife they just make him use his hands.

Makes him seem even more psychotic which means the scene more disturbing.
>>
>>335863897
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlE7pMkjSiY
>>
>>335864173
Damn it, fucked it up again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg9OYyPIYNk
>>
>>335864465
aside from a lot of the scenes missing blood, especially in 3, I actually love how the localization team handled albedo's scenes.

>instead of a knife to cut off his head, he uses his own hands
>emphasizes his insanity
>instead of a gun, child albedo uses magic to blow off his head
>fits more in line with the sci-fi universe and reinforces that he has magical powers
>>
Xenosaga III any good?
>>
>>335865423
1 is by far the best, 3 is a close 2nd, 2 is a goddamn abortion but worth it enough for the jr/albedo arc.
>>
>>335862864

I still dont know what the fuck these games were about, but it was a fun ride.
>>
Pissed me off, the durandal crews were your bros since the first game.
>>
>>335865548
is it turn based gameplay?
>>
>>335864465
Is this guy just /v/?
>>
>>335865593
xeno games are about existentialism and how humanity deals with forces beyond their control and still manage to persevere.

>>335865659
yes, with a slight twist. It's completely turn based but you have "combos" based on which attacks you do, such as close range, long range, high, mid or low target, ether or physical, blah blah.

Its turn based but has a bit more nuance to it in some ways.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.