[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't understand how the Wii U failed. Look at the Vita.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: 2719476-8498450221-origi.jpg (610 KB, 2089x1169) Image search: [Google]
2719476-8498450221-origi.jpg
610 KB, 2089x1169
I don't understand how the Wii U failed. Look at the Vita. It wasn't a rousing success because:
>Proprietary memory cards
>False advertising at the start (with what little ads it even got)
>That ridiculous staring price of $300
>A pretty terrible line-up starting out
>Tons of promises that fell through, losing the trust of many.
Yet, it's still financially successful and outliving the Wii U. What the fuck happened?
Did they just pass off the management of the Wii U entirely to interns or something? I love my Vita now and all that due to getting some of the best games now, but I was hoping the Wii U to last long enough to produce quality too. I'm hoping the NX delivers. I'm planning on selling my Wii U soon before the price of it drops to rock bottom.
>>
File: mfw 32.jpg (35 KB, 310x383) Image search: [Google]
mfw 32.jpg
35 KB, 310x383
>>335845313
When I first saw the WiiU in a store I was shocked because I thought it was a /v/ joke.
Imagine my surprise when it turned out to be real.
>>
>>335845313
people bought the vita for it to be hacked
>>
File: 1398021452612.jpg (22 KB, 225x254) Image search: [Google]
1398021452612.jpg
22 KB, 225x254
vita and wii u are both in pretty similar situations, wii u is being supported entirely by nintendo while sony threw the vita out to third parties for the most part. they both have their own niches and still make profits. only reason vita is 'outliving' wii u is because nintendo wants to bounce back as fast as possible with NX so they're cutting it off a year early
>>
>>335845313
It would have been successful if came like 5-6 years earlier, when tablets were not a thing.

The main point of its failure it's because it lacks innovative ideas and appeal.
>>
>>335845313
wiiu was a shitty vita clone - go home
>>
File: 1454012156686.jpg (11 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1454012156686.jpg
11 KB, 256x256
>mfw craigslist is gonna have all kinds of dirt cheap Wii U's within a couple of months
>>
>>335845313
vita gets weeb games
wiiu gets nintendo games
>>
>>335845313
Sony stopped supporting the Vita quite a while back but luckily it's the stronger of the 2 handhelds so it still gets support because of that and it's easy to port from/to.
WiiU on the otherhand had a shitload of potential and nobody willing to put in the work, we already know that the attach rate for some of these games is fucking ridiculously high and nintendo is really good about keeping it's hardware owners in the loop of things.
Fuck I just wanted my DnD clone and a Trauma Title how fucking hard is that 3rd party devs?
>>
File: le falseflag.jpg (63 KB, 555x472) Image search: [Google]
le falseflag.jpg
63 KB, 555x472
>>335845313
>vita is financially successful
>the wii u isn't
lmao, neoga/v/ is real
>>
It failed because it didn't have the games people buy a Nintendo system for in the launch window.

Their biggest title was a NSMB, which is already on Wii, DS and 3DS.

Because it didn't sell well, nobody made any games for it, so it continued to not sell well.

This is why it's so important that Nintendo wait for Zelda to be ready before launching NX, and for them to have a Smash port and Mario Kart within the first six months. Those will inflate the initial install base and make publishers do original NX games and ports.

Despite what a lot of people here think, publishers releasing games on a system has nothing to do with power, gimmicks, how easy or hard it is to develop for, or any of that crap only gamers care about. It's entirely dependent on how big the audience is.

I guarantee that if the NX launches within six months of a Smash and Mario Kart game, most multiplats releasing in the following year will all have NX versions, and likely a lot of multiplats from the last year will get ported to NX as well.

With the Wii U Nintendo stupidly counted on third parties to carry it through the first year or so until they could get their big games on it. They know now that with NX they have to get the big games on it first, THEN comes third party support.
>>
>sub-par marketing
>weakest console this generation
>didn't reduce price when it needed it
>possibly lost sales of wii U by allowing smash to have an alternative on 3ds
>no must own main line mario game
>both big sonic games they got were bad
>did virtually nothing with the gamepad
>couldn't do 4 gamepads at the same time
>lied about smt x fire emblem
>lost the last hope of wii u sales influx by announcing paper mario sticker star 2 and Zelda U coming to NX

The only things they did right were Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon. Had these 3 games not occurred Wii U would be a fucking train wreck bigger than virtual boy.
>>
>>335848194
This anon gets it.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.