[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I wanna get into the Ninja Gaiden series but I'm not sure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: ng3-char-ryu[1].jpg (119 KB, 980x1400) Image search: [Google]
ng3-char-ryu[1].jpg
119 KB, 980x1400
I wanna get into the Ninja Gaiden series but I'm not sure which games are worth picking up.

I heard that some of the sequels are shit. And there's remakes or releases that are better or some shit.

So which ones do I get? Also, I only have a PS3.
>>
Generally you start with the first one you giant fucking retard. Do you need someone to hold your hand?
>>
>>335833694
No shit you giant faggot. I never asked where to start. I asked which ones are worth playing cunt.
>>
>>335833476
Honestly only Black is good
>>
>>335835513
Ok, are you saying specifically the Xbox version of the game, or did Sigma fuck it up as a port?
>>
>>335835780
Sigma is a fine alternative if you can't get Black but people on /v/ suck off Black specifically a lot because of a few minor changes and additions Sigma has.
>>
ninja gaiden 1
ninja gaiden 2
ninja gaiden 3
>>
>>335835870
Aight, thanks for the insight senpai
>>
>>335836003
It's no problem, I'd stay away from NG2 and 3, both are mediocre
>>
>>335836062
>2
>mediocre
fuck off retard 2 was pretty good
>>
>>335836198
Nah, it was shit, especially compared to black 3 was especially a joke and showed the series was better off dead.
>>
>>335833476
buy a 360 for cheap as shit and get Ninja Gaiden Black

everything else is shit in comparison
>>
just bought razer edge because i heard 3 was easier and im am a casual bitch

if that game is easy i realy want too see the hard one

took me hours to beat that fucking T rex
>>
>>335836198
>>335836290
2 was good, sigma 2 was shit

sigma 1 is not as good as black, but not bad
>>
>>335833476
play
>Ninja Gaiden (NES)
then consider playing
>Ninja Gaiden 2 (NES)
then play
>Ninja Gaiden Black (Xbox)
then consider playing
>Ninja Gaiden II (Xbox 360)
then you've played everything of value in the series and you can stop
>>
>>335836290
>it was shit
give me 5 good reasons
>>
Ninja gaiden black, ninja gaiden sigma 2, ninja gaiden 3 razors edge (if you feel like you have to play all of the newer ones. avoid regular NG3 at all costs)
>>
Am I the only one who likes 2 more than Black? I just felt Black was clunky. NG2 was just a pure fucking bloodbath with better controls. I still cant believe people cant beat it on the easiest difficulty. I also had a save that was at the very last aave point with no main weapon use for the easy cheevos.
>>
>>335833476

Listen to this >>335836423
NG Sigma works in case you cant play Black or the original. There's also a vita version, however that is

Avoid NG Sigma 2, avoid NG3, avoid NG3 Razors Edge
>>
>>335837013

What am I missing out on by playing Sigma instead of Black?
>>
>>335837124
ps3 is weaker so there is less enemies
>>
>>335836467
Not him but
>Camera is obnoxious the entire way through
>Level design is boring and feels like a bunch of copy pasted corridors
>nothing requires strategy anymore thanks to Obliteration techniques
>Higher difficulties are only challenging because you're just trying to stay in I-frames
>Just overall a less fun experience in Master Ninja mode than in Blacks due to offscreen attacks
It's really a large disappointment compared to Black
>>
>>335837646
>camera is obnoxious
same camera system as the first game
>level design """"FEELS""""
opinon
>OT
in the first game as well
>higher difficulties are bullshit
exactly like the first game
>less fun
subjective

can you give me a real reason or not?
>>
>>335837871
I'm really not interested in trying to debate with someone who's incapable of actually discussing a games shortcomings and just deflects with half ass attempts at throwing away valid points by memeing, no.
>>
>>335837427
More like the 360 had constant framedrops all over the place so they toned it down to have a smooth framarate on the ps3. Besides the enemy number the ps3 version is graphically superior on every level almost to the point of it looking like a new engine
>>
>ng1
has new game+ and an exclusive outfit. the game got dlc called hurricane packs but they were taken down
>ngb
includes all the dlc and puts the new enemies into the game starting at hardmode. added a mission mode and other extras
>ngs1
slightly sloppy port of ngb. game is made easier and some puzzles were removed. fire dragon has no archers. however the game is an ok substitute if you don't have black. rachel is added to the main campaign to be playable briefly.

>ng2
blood and explosive shuriken everywhere. the hardest ninja gaiden game and the framerate takes a huge hit sometimes
>ngs2
terrible port. rather than trying to fix ng2, the guy in charge of the port decided to do whatever he wanted and even changed how the game plays. enemies per mob are much less have buffed health. some sections were outright cut. missions mode from ng2 was replaced with co-op missions. all trials of valor were removed.

>ng3
terrible game that feels like it was made by an unrelated western studio. was patched later to have 2 more weapons from the start but its still bad.
>ng3re
a decent attempt at trying to fix ng3. gameplay and and even story scenes were altered. worth playing if you like ng2.
>>
>>335838647
You forgot to add that NGB was the easy mode enabler by allowing you to charge attacks without essence
>>
>>335833476
are you a bad enough dude to play the original trilogy first?
>>
File: Ninja Gaiden.jpg (733 KB, 1707x960) Image search: [Google]
Ninja Gaiden.jpg
733 KB, 1707x960
>>335833476
First one for Xbawks was amazing.
I think ninja gaiden black came out for ps3 aswell. It's basicly the same game, just harder.
>>
>>335838905
ironically its easier to just do UTs with essence
but yeah ngb did add ninja dog mode with those ayane ribbons for causals
>>
so is NGS2 realy that bad?
totaly gonna get NGS now but i heard NGS2 had the blood and gore censored

i realy REALY fucking like razor edge

its the most fun i had in a game since the prince of persia ww.
>>
>>335839067
Yeah it's almost the same they cut the tedious "puzzles" that broke the pacing of the action in the ps3 release.
>>
>>335839374
The co-op missions in NGS2 are the hardest challenges in the whole series when you play them solo The last 5 missions are bullshit never completed the two mysterious ninja masters missions with the a.i
>>
File: 1460655015603.jpg (15 KB, 179x300) Image search: [Google]
1460655015603.jpg
15 KB, 179x300
>He plays ninja gaiden on PS3
>>
File: ngs2_ng2.png (1 MB, 569x717) Image search: [Google]
ngs2_ng2.png
1 MB, 569x717
>>335839374
>i heard NGS2 had the blood and gore censored
its weird
there's still blood in ngs2 but its a small amount and also purple energy
>>
>>335840104
I'm not gonna buy a fifth 360 just so i can pretend to be hardcore.
>>
Play NGB and NG2. Don't even bother with anything else in the series. Except maybe NGDS for curiosities sake.
>>
>>335838314
thought not
>>
>>335841416
Cute, but I'm not surprised the fanbase is so bad it's incapable of an actual defense
>>
>>335841545
"I didn't like it" is not an argument
>>
File: file.png (287 KB, 390x350) Image search: [Google]
file.png
287 KB, 390x350
>>335841336
>only maybe playing the best ninja gaiden game
>>
What about the blood and gore in 3 and RE?
>>
>>335841937
Good thing none of the arguments were presented like that, do you want to try again or keep living in delusion that your game was perfect?
>>
>>335833476
NGB > NG > NG2 > NG3: Razor's Edge > NG3 (avoid)

can't speak for sigmas since i never played them
>>
>>335841937
No one on /v/ is going to write out a paragraph to support their shitty opinion, why are you here?
>>
>>335842483
I never played enough of it to form a strong opinion. It seemed pretty cool what I did play of it.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.