[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should Bethesda devs kill themselves over the bards college quests?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41
File: image.jpg (42 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42 KB, 320x320
Should Bethesda devs kill themselves over the bards college quests? Can anyone think of a shittier, more useless quest line In the history of gaming? I was litteraly cringing continually throughout the entire thing.
>>
I just wanted to sing some songs and play the lute.
>>
>>335832335
No because if this were a possibility they would already be dead from the College quests.
>>
>>335832335
>Should Bethesda devs kill themselves

Yes, regardless of the reason. Mostly because they let the modders finish the game for them.
>>
>>335832335
>everyone at the college is doing something musical
>you go digging through ruins
I feel like it was a missed opportunity, but then again, so did every other joinable group.
>>
>>335832458
the college intro was really cool

I imagined there would be so much shit going on in there but it was just some shitty predictable "MUH ARTIFACT, MUH UNDERCOVER EVIL WIZBOY" and nothing memorable happened. I did like that you had to cast a spell to prove you can into magic to enter but then I remembered how big of an ordeal the mages guild recommendations were in Oblivion and this is just a cheap cop out in comparison.
>>
Is this the one where you burn the effigy?

This quest completely broke the entire city of Solitude for me.

The guy who was supposed to light the fire, would just loop endlessly with his little "lighting the fire" animation and would never finish. The entire town is there for the ceremony too, so I was fucked for anything that involved anyone who lived there.

BRAVO TODD
>>
>>335832335
>Should Bethesda devs kill themselves over the bards college quests?

neo-/v/ in a nutshell
>>
File: TESV 2015-08-28 22-34-39-27.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
TESV 2015-08-28 22-34-39-27.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>335832575
>you go digging through ruins
full of draugr*
>>
>>335832575
Yeah I guess looking back on it pretty much every faction is lame, terrible dialogue and worse voice acting. I hope anybody a Bethesda responsible for this game dies of stomach cancer.
>>
>>335832575
Then it would be over even faster for even less effort

>hey new guy, what rhymes with faggot?
>hey not-so-new guy, do you think I should use a lute or a flute for this song?
>hey up-and-comer, can you write me some new lyrics?
>ALL HAIL THE NEW GOD OF POETRY
>>
>>335832575
How many quests in this game were just "go get ancient, legendary [quest item]. It's in some ruins full of Draugr".

I'd say a solid 75%.
>>
>>335832790
>I did like that you had to cast a spell to prove you can into magic to enter
Can't you just pay the bitch off and get in anyway?
>>
>>335833238
And every single dungeon happens to have a secret exit taking you to the beginning right after the big treasure chest.
>>
>>335833238
More than that. Having put 400+ hours into the game, I'm having trouble thinking of any quest that wasn't like that.
>>
>>335833426
i don't really get the hate for that. one of the worst things about oblivion was, apart from the fact that every dungeon was literally cut and paste, you had to waste 5 minutes running back to the start of the dungeon with nothing to do just to sit through a loading screen to get back into the world.
>>
>>335833426
That was somehow simultaneously good and bad in my eyes. Like it wasn't bad from a design perspective. But it felt insanely cheap.
>>
File: 2078474-1323009845.jpg (169 KB, 1364x768) Image search: [Google]
2078474-1323009845.jpg
169 KB, 1364x768
There needed to be a quest to go to a dungeon full of fine draugr bitches and rehydrate their dessicated asses
>>
We should take this discussion over to /b/ and see if we can get anonymous to dox the devs and their families and ruin their lives.
>>
File: 1406499797973.gif (499 KB, 450x296) Image search: [Google]
1406499797973.gif
499 KB, 450x296
>>335833841
>>
>>335833775
Putting draugr robes on my character and drenching her in beast cum is pretty great to be honest with you famalam.
>>
>>335832790
If your speech is high enough you can bullshit your way in.

It's possible to complete the entire college quest line and become the new head of the college without ever directly casting a spell, upping your magika, or knowing any spells beyond what you start with at level 1.

The only time you ever need to use magic at all is during the final battle which requires you to use the staff of magnus in order to make the boss vulnerable.
>>
>>335833737
I'd rather have an exit dungeon spell or the ability to fast travel out of a cleared dungeon.
>>
>>335834048
i feel like fast travling out a dungeon would be even worse because then it's not even you playing the game, you're just warping around using a metagameplay mechanic.
>>
>>335834048
A grappling hook and rope maybe to hook on one of those millions of holes to the surface that let sunlight in but are invisible from the surface.
>>
>>335833938
You have to use telekinesis once. Literally the only time in the game it's either required or useful
>>
>>335832790
I thought it was kinda neat how you could just shout and the gatekeeper would sperg out and let you in, but the questline itself was really shitty (just like every single Skyrim quest)
>>
>>335834217
That could be cool
>>
>>335834171
I see what you are saying but I would still prefer it to cookie cutter dungeons.
>>
>>335833925
If she isn't all bony and dry it's not the same
>>
>>335832335

>Can anyone think of a shittier, more useless quest line In the history of gaming?
All the quest lines in Skyrim besides the Vampire one.
>>
Seems like every day I find new reasons to hate this game.
>>
>>335835306
What was yesterday's reason?
>>
>>335835306
Well, when the developer of a roleplaying game isn't great at making roleplaying games, that sort of thing does happen.
>>
>>335833238

Let's do a hard count of the main quests

>"Unbound"
>In which you escape from a town full of an opposing army

>"Before the Storm"
>In which you travel to Whiterun through roads full of wolves

>"Bleak Falls Barrow"
>In which you get a legendary item from ruins full of Draugr

>"Dragon Rising"
>In which you defeat your first Dovah in a field full of guards

>"The Way of the Voice"
>In which you meet the Greybeards by traveling up a mountain full of trolls

>"The Horn of Jurgen Windcaller"
>In which you get a legendary item from ruins full of Draugr

>"A Blade in the Dark"
>In which you travel to a Dovah burial site with Delphine

>"Diplomatic Immunity"
>In which you retrieve a ledger from an embassy full of Thalmor

>"A Cornered Rat"
>In which you find a legendary man from a sewer full of thieves

>"Alduin's Wall"
>In which you seek out a legendary palace within ruins full of Draugr

>"The Throat of the World"
>In which you meet Paarthurnax on top of a mountain full of trolls

>"Elder Knowledge"
>In which you get a legendary item from ruins full of Falmer

>"Alduin's Bane"
>In which you learn Dragonrend by watching some people deal with a mountaintop full of Dovah

>"Season Unending"
>In which you talk to a room full of cockheads

>"The Fallen"
>In which you capture a Dovah in a castle full of guards

>"The World-Eater's Eyrie"
>In which you look for a legendary door in ruins full of Draugr

>"Sovngarde"
>In which you go through a field full of Nords

>"Dragonslayer"
>In which you kill Alduin in a field full of Nords
>>
>>335835601
>"Alduin's Wall"
>In which you seek out a legendary palace within ruins full of Draugr

Wrong.
>>
File: 1461136896270.png (17 KB, 882x758) Image search: [Google]
1461136896270.png
17 KB, 882x758
>want to have magic school slice of life since harry potter was a thing
>like not even 10 quests until you are headmaster of the college
>qt dark elf waifu has like 4 lines of dialogue
>>
>>335835748

Right, sorry. Now I remember that it was a ruin surrounded by Forsworn.

>"Alduin's Wall"
>In which you seek out a legendary wall within ruins surrounded by Forsworn
>>
should I reinstall skyrim? I get the feeling every year to reinstall, play for a few weeks then stop until next year
>>
>>335833484
The drinking contest that ended with the fantasy equivalent of the Hangover was worth a few laughs.
>>
>>335832335

Realistically, they should probably kill themselves over ALL the guild quests in that game.
>>
>>335835839
>didnt level up magic at all
>became headmaster because i finished quest line
great game
>>
>>335836240
It's why, as much as I love Skyrim, they need to go back to stat and skill requirements Morrowind had to let you rank up
>>
>>335836240
>lead the mage college
>magic is barely required at all to get there
I honestly don't think there's a single faction in game that I didn't dislike the quests for. I do think some of the ideas were good, but Bethesda's execution were terrible.
>>
and the college wasn't even the worst of the skyrim factions
that one is reserved for the thieves guild (don't count bards as a full fledged faction)

I mean what the absolute fuck, forced to sell your soul to a daedra for zero reasons and the final quest is just a god damn dungeon

why couldn't it have been something awesome like the heist to end all heists where you literally steal luck from Nocturne
>>
>>335832335
>>335832575
ugh i miss when i was so fresh playing oblivion
I remember the first thing I did related to the mage guild was get kicked out.
>be in anvil
>recharge weapon at that guy in the guildhouse
>wait in a chair there for day or something
>get in trouble cause I'm just an initiate for being in the house overnight
>get put on suspension
>go get us 15 monkshood and 20 tiger lillies
>have no idea where plants are
>run up and down the roads looking for them
>learned what they look like by heart
>eventually got back in
>feel a bit nostalgic when i see tiger lillies now even irl

you'll never see shit like that in skyim or fallout 4
>>
>>335836670
i got kicked out too.
but i didn't want to go flower picking so i used the paintbrush glitch to create a staircase all the way over their walls so i could sneak into their spell making buildings and use them.
>>
>>335836554
Because the Gray Fox already did that :)
>>
>>335836670
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpJEg6MTPzc
>>
>>335835960
Side note: Those Forsworn eventually respawn.
>>
>>335836787
yeh but still it was fairly bullshit that the final quest in the thieves guild was yet another god damn dungeon
and no that it was filled with falmer instead of draugr did NOT help

the only questline with a satisfying ending was the dark brotherhood one, infiltrating the ship was fun and the emperor was a good character
>>
>>335832335

I... I can't remember anything about the Bard quests. Were they just, "go to dungeon, kill Draugr, bring back Mcguffin?"
>>
>>335835502
Broken quests and bugs. Yes I made a thread about it.
>>
>>335836991
yes, they didn't even try
>>
>>335832335
Did you seriously think you were going to do anything fun when you joined the BARDS COLLEGE????

I'm actually pretty sure content was cut.
>>
>>335836554
You didn't have to use sneak in the thieves guild quest either, you just kill everyone and it's still ok. You can even totally fuck up the very first quest and they will still let you in.
>>
>>335836770
lol i used that glitch too to get over the wall early
this was before wizard's tower was even out.

I remember i made an evil ass spell for getting a bunch of souls. It was enrage and souldrain and invisbility for me. I remember casting it in the guild it was crazy.

>>335836809
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQsC5IEXDag
>>
The thieves guild questline in Skyrim is beyond fucking goddamn stupid

It takes concentrated effort to create writing that terrible
>>
>>335837217
Fuck sneak, you didn't even have to steal anything in the Thieves' Guild questline

Not until the very end when you're Guildmaster and it's your sole responsibility to restock the guild's communal goldpot
>>
>>335836991
And those were the best ones.
O, Olaf, our subjugator, the one-eyed betrayer;
death-dealing demon and dragon-killing King.
Your legend is lies, lurid and false;
your cunning capture of Numinex, a con for the ages.
>>
>>335837217
at least the thieves guild had that one goldenglow estate quest, that was pretty fun
mages guild, companions, bards, those have literally nothing but dungeons full of trash
>>
>>335837363
what would have made for a fun story would be an alternate questline where you infiltrate the thieves guild to take them down from within

I mean the skyrim thieves guild are absolute dicks and don't deserve anything but swift justice so that sort of quest would have been awesome, especially if the sneak skills all came into play where you could be so sneaky you could actually stealthily fuck up all their operations AND shift the blame on someone else
>>
>>335836140

Most of the Daedric quests were bretty good, in fact.

>Traveling into Azura's Star
>Sacrificing a follower to Boethiah
>Returning Clavicus Vile's dog only for him to ask you to kill it
>Reconstructing Dwemer blood for Hermaeus Mora
>Killing the last Mythic Dawn cultist for Mehrunes Dagon
>Luring a follower of Boethiah into a house dominated by Molag Bal
>Joining a cannibal cult for Namira
>Navigating the realm of the Shivering Isles dedicated to Pelagius
>>
>>335836809
>>335837275
why doesn't skyrim have a single piece of music as memorable as these? the only ones that stand out for me were the dragonsreach and sovnguard themes
>>
Beg me and I won't post the rest.

Olaf grabbed power, by promise and threat;
From Falkreath to Winterhold, they fell to their knees;
But Solitude stood strong, Skyrim's truest protectors.
Olaf's vengeance was instant, inspired and wicked.
>>
>>335837363

The thieves guild wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't for the hours of slow dialogue you had to get through. But then, the same can be said of any of the quests in Skyrim.

I still haven't finished the game because after doing the thieves guild, I ended up going to the mage's college. And after 2 hours of shitty dialogue there, I couldn't take it anymore.
>>
>>335837617
the hermaeus mora was the worst one
made up for by the dragonborn xpac though
>>
>>335837668
because they literally just remixed morrowind music
>>
>>335836770

There were literally a dozen easier ways to do that, even on console.
>>
>>335837668
they tried too hard to make it sound epic and shit but it ended up being boring and generic
the sovngard theme is super good though
>>
File: ceasca.png (302 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
ceasca.png
302 KB, 400x300
>Quests to learn Thuum
>Have to go through ruins

>A village has a problem
>Fix it by going through the nearby ruin

>Necromancer is doing some fucked up shit
>His lair is in a ruin

>Mage Guild quests
>Most of them are sifting through ruins while all the action happens off-screen

>Fighters Guild quests
>Game turns you into a furry and makes you go yiff in ruins

>Rogues Guild quests
>Spend most time in ruins and not stealing anything

>Bards Guild Quest
>Ruins

>The Radiant Quests they were so god damn proud of
>Either rescuing someone from ruins or killing sabercats or bears in houses whose doorways are smaller than their models

Why do normies even like this pile of shit.
>>
So ends the story of Olaf the liar, a thief and a scoundrel we of Solitude commit to the fire. In Solitude bards train for their service, they also gather each year and burn a King who deserves it.
>>
all who wish to be bards must retrieve legendary lutes from the draugr. it's a very practical skill when stringing violins and giving head
>>
>>335837751
>>335837668
have you heard the Morrowind Rebirth songs? because they're great
>>
File: nostalgia.jpg (233 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
nostalgia.jpg
233 KB, 750x600
>>335837915

It was their first free roaming game.
>>
>>335838023
what the fuck were they thinking, seriously
>>
>>335837502
The way that verse reads is actually very similar to how old english sounds when you translate it into modern english.

Example from beowulf:

LO, praise of the prowess of people-kings
of spear-armed Danes, in days long sped,
we have heard, and what honor the athelings won!
Oft Scyld the Scefing from squadroned foes,
from many a tribe, the mead-bench tore,
awing the earls.
>>
I role played as a stealth archer.
>>
>>335837915
>Game turns you into a furry and makes you go yiff in ruins

lol
>>
>>335835601
to be fair, a lot of the quests in Oblivion was just a pattern of
>meet someone
>get legendary item from ruins full of skeletons
>>
>>335838357
What, did you even play the dark brotherhood quest line?
>>
>>335838284
Ah, the noble art of Stealth Archery

Is there any profession greater?
>>
You guys should play final fantasy or something if you don't like skyrim. You'll never have to go on ruins in those games.
>>
>>335838357
Either we didn't play the same Oblivion or it's starting to blend with Skyrim in your mind, because I remember the sidequests were the best part of it.
>>
>>335836953
The DB one honestly wasn't that bad overall. I think they tried their hardest for it because of the love the DB got in Oblivion but it still turned out sorta mediocre
>>
File: Centra_Ruins_1.jpg (59 KB, 320x224) Image search: [Google]
Centra_Ruins_1.jpg
59 KB, 320x224
>>335838594
why would you do that

just go on the internet and tell lies
>>
>>335838892
>>
Kill this man
>>
>>335838357
Oblivion's side quests were stellar though. Sure, they're limited by the limitations of the engine, but they were dressed up in the best ways possible and worked with what they had. Skyrim just outright had "go to dungeon x and get axe from chest".
>>
>>335836953
At the very least, you're allowed the alternate route in dealing with the Dark Brotherhood in the fact you can fuck Astrid up, report to a guard in town, and purge the fuck out of them. There aren't a lot of things I'm going to say were purely positive with Skyrim, but that was one of them.
>>
File: 0.png (6 KB, 256x224) Image search: [Google]
0.png
6 KB, 256x224
>>335838471
>>335838736
>reply to a post that specifically mentions main quests
>dude the side quests in Oblivion were great
>>
>>335839024
Oops forgot the pic
>>
Has anyone ever played a game of Skyrim where you just went around killing every single person you encounter? Including everyone in town and every quest giving NPC?

I'm seriously at the point in my game where I want to do that. Because aside from maybe two NPCs, everyone is too fucking stupid or annoying to even listen to. And this is coming from someone who usually plays lawful good in everything.
>>
File: image.jpg (108 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108 KB, 640x960
>>335839124
Oops forgot again
>>
>>335839119
Either way he's still incorrect unless the entire main quest was just that Sancre Tor quest.
>>
>>335839216
Well if you're playing the unmodded one, good luck with almost every npc being special
>>
>>335839216
I'm pretty sure you can't even clear out the first village without finding someone Essential
>>
>>335839119
>specifically mentions main quests

he didn't. Besides, the main quest was also pretty good. Not as good as the rest of the quests perhaps, but still better than Skyrims.
>>
File: toddmeister.png (671 KB, 575x803) Image search: [Google]
toddmeister.png
671 KB, 575x803
>>335839216
literally the first person you meet in unkillable
>>
>>335839379
>the main quest was also pretty good
is this how low our standards have dropped, it's completely boring with nothing special about it at all. at least Skyrim's had all of Blackreach and going to Sovngarde.
>>
>>335839326

I'm playing with mods. But even without mods, I remember multiple NPCs dying for the most stupid reason. Not just dragons killing them, but just random vampires or theives sweeping through a town and then suddenly a shopkeeper never appears again.

Yet another reason I want to just kill everyone. The game has so many bugs. I guess I'll just give up and say the game isn't worth finishing.
>>
>>335839119
The main quest in Oblivion was also better than Skyrim. I didn't like it that much originally, but in retrospect it wasn't bad. Besides, the >Go to ruins and kill skeletons bit is a lie, because there's exactly one instance in the MQ where you go in a ruin, and you fight the ghosts of Blades there.
>>
File: facepalm_rassie.png (568 KB, 559x597) Image search: [Google]
facepalm_rassie.png
568 KB, 559x597
>>335839439
>>335839369
>>335839326

>can't kill a story NPC no matter how much you hit them
>random stray arrow can kill your companion
>>
>>335839740
nope, your companions are immortal as well unless you give them the finishing blow
>>
>>335839982
nah, if anything hits them whilst they're downed they'll die. they just generate 0 aggro in that state so they'll only be killed by an enemy on accident like an AoE or missed arrow
>>
>>335839982

That's the point. If you have a melee focused companion, they try and walk right between you and the enemy. And so you have a good chance of hitting them with a final shot. Especially Ladja or whatever her name is.
>>
>>335839740
Your companions can't die, either. One time Lydia got sent into the sky by a giant and I thought she died, but ten days later I found her back at my house.
>>
File: RSzOnOS.jpg (401 KB, 1753x1800) Image search: [Google]
RSzOnOS.jpg
401 KB, 1753x1800
>There is no option to tell the Daedra to suck a fat cock and serve the Aedra. You can't join the Vigilants and kill daedra worshipping fags.
>>
>>335840097

>Your companions can't die, either.
Tell that to Ladja who is lying naked in a nord dungeon right now.
>>
i'd love it if i could play a quest without my immersion being ruined by a horrible bug or the AI going full retard
>>
>>335836554
>it was a Daedra curse all along
>another Daedric Lord has a claim on your soul
>Thieves Guild quests are easily completed by rampant murder
>can't wipe out the Ragged Flagon like the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary
I suppose it could be worse. I'm not sure how, but it could be.
>>
>>335840474
>has a claim on your soul
You're a Hero, only one person gets your soul and it's not any of the Daedra
>>
>>335840097

your attacks can kill them or if they still get damaged while kneeling. doesn't matter anyways because chances are they'll just fucking disappear at some point.

10/10 buggiest game series ever made
>>
>>335832984
What mod quick!
>>
File: 1461374520120.png (22 KB, 415x356) Image search: [Google]
1461374520120.png
22 KB, 415x356
All the salt in this thread lmao
>>
All I know is that I avoid picking up that fucking lute (wherever the fuck it is) on every playthrough because I'm stuck with the fucking thing until I do the bard's college quest.
>>
>>335840474
>Implying Akatosh won't just punch every Daedra in the face and claim your soul after you die.
>>
>>335839439

nice pic, you know all those skills are actually in the game right? they are perks you dumb fuck
>>
>>335840909

Akatosh is a bitch. Hell he needed mortal flesh to take physical form when all dagon needed to do was wait until the dragonfire went unlit.
>>
>>335833841
kill yourself
>>
>>335840909
every daedra save for Sanguine and Sheogorath
the former just thought you were a fantastic drinking buddy and gave you the staff as a reminder and the latter knows better than to try and claim your soul
>>
File: 1451615860593.jpg (30 KB, 296x317) Image search: [Google]
1451615860593.jpg
30 KB, 296x317
>>335840265
>Find the Hall of the Vigilant
>Run around trying to interact with everyone in it to see if I can join it
>Barely any unique dialogue, no option to join them, absolutely no quests related to them

What was even the fucking point of having them there
>>
>>335841323
So they could all be killed when the vampire DLC was reelased
>>
>>335841441

This.

Dawnguard was supposed to be part of the base game and the Zenimax went all like "well we've got this whole release date thing and why don't we just go ahead and jew these motherfuckers out of an extra $15?"
>>
The best thing about Morrowind was how clear the main quest goals were without the use of intrusive shit like map markers.
You just intuitively knew to get on a silt strider and go punch Vivec in his smug fucking face.
Short game, but much more enjoyable than the later ones.
>>
My biggest problem with the game was setting people as essential and limiting player options.
I understand not wanting them to die to random shit, but they solved this with followers. They are essential, unless the player wants to kill them.
Why couldn't they do that with quest NPCs?

FONV let you kill anyone and the game kept rolling.
>>
File: 1405534667557.jpg (21 KB, 156x163) Image search: [Google]
1405534667557.jpg
21 KB, 156x163
>there are people on this very imageboard who join the Brotherhood of Shadow in any TES game
>>
File: 1450402068156.jpg (5 KB, 250x187) Image search: [Google]
1450402068156.jpg
5 KB, 250x187
>>335833841

No, fuck off faggot.
>>
>>335841819
The who-now?
>>
>>335833841
Fucking autist
>>
>>335841807
because FONV's NPC's were completely static and had no schedules that caused them to leave their cell into a dangerous area where they could be killed. though in truth, Skyrim had more essential characters than oblivion and there were much more oblivion characters with more complex schedules
>>
>>335842407

They basically gutted the radiant AI out of Skyrim.
>>
File: 1459566342594.png (539 KB, 300x447) Image search: [Google]
1459566342594.png
539 KB, 300x447
>>335832335
it's a better questline than Fallout 4
>>
>>335837617

>Navigating the realm of the Shivering Isles dedicated to Pelagius

I thought you were inside Pelagius' mind through Daedric bullshit of some sort
>>
File: d96.jpg (43 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
d96.jpg
43 KB, 500x500
>>335837617
Molag bals intro to the quest was simply devine
>>
>>335841085
The real disappointment to Sanguine's quest is if you're already married to Ysolda. You'd think your wife would care that you asked for a ring from her to propose to someone that isn't her after you're already hitched. Besides that, the ring's not even valuable in the first place.

Sanguine's quest was a great concept with abysmal execution. God damn.
>>
>>335842849

You were supposedly in his subconscious mind or some bullshit. It was stupidly easy to get the wabbajack. Other artifacts were more difficult to get and not nearly as valuable unless you had a very specific character build.
>>
File: 1414512257011.jpg (10 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1414512257011.jpg
10 KB, 250x250
>>335832335
>Should devs kill themselves?
what are u, 12?
>>
>hear a lot of great things about the DLC
>install Dawnguard since it's first
>you can join the ancient vampire clan referenced in previous books as awesome ice vampires who can reach out through frozen lakes and pull you down
>You get to be this awesome vampire lord with unique perks and skills
>join the said vampires
>they're just bullshitting around a castle
>Vampire lord is just slightly more powerful standard vampire powers
>turn into bats that's the same as that windsprint voice power or mist
>no actual ice vampire shit
>they send you to a bunch of, you guessed it, Draugur ruins, to find shit for them
>sometimes there will be enemy vampires in it because lol we dont want to change it for each faction so we'll just say they're weak non pure vampires your vampire boss doesn't care if you kill
>eventually have to go find momma vampire hidden right there in the castle
>think oh boy secret castle passages
>it's just a sewer full of "not draugur" aka stronger skeletons and you solve the puzzle by finding a few plates hidden in bushes in a 15 ft radius
>the secret area is "not draugur" skeletons with gargoyles

I haven't gone into the soul cairn yet. Does it get any better or more interesting? What about the morrowind dlc? I was interested in the whole not ilithid mindflayers area of oblivion.
>>
>>335844298
Soul cairn is fine you get to meet an old friend there and solsthiem isn't on the level of bloodmoon not even close but it's also fine, I'd recommend you pass through them, it's not like they're long
>>
File: TESV.exe_DX9_20160425_065152.jpg (255 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
TESV.exe_DX9_20160425_065152.jpg
255 KB, 1600x900
>>335844298
Solstheim is fun for exploration but the main quest there gets boring fast with that same old Oblivion gimmick.
>>
>>335844298
the area looks nice but be prepared to fight more skeletons, slightly bigger skeletons and a reskinned dragon
also there's a bug related to a side quest in the soul cairn, if you start it and leave the cairn without completing it first your game might start crashing pretty often until you complete it
>>
>>335837915
>The Radiant Quests they were so god damn proud of
>Either rescuing someone from ruins or killing sabercats or bears in houses whose doorways are smaller than their models

I never got any of those radiant quests. It was always "go get my iron helmet/shield/sword from bandit cave #127"
>>
File: 1449285076354.png (197 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1449285076354.png
197 KB, 800x800
>>335837915
>>Fighters Guild quests
>>Game turns you into a furry and makes you go yiff in ruins

The fucker who designed that entire questline should be fired, knowing bethesda it was probably that hack Emil.

>join fighters guild
>oh fuck yeah, let's do some beowulf shit and kill some monsters
>wait I don't want to become a werewolf, I just want to protect the peop- oh too late now I guess

And let's not forget you destroy an entire organization that protected the common folk from werewolves in the questline.

Thanks Bethesda, I really feel like a hero!
>>
>>335841085
>Sheogorath is blind
>he's mad but still a good person
>fixed Mad Palagius mind so he could find peace in the afterlife
>knows you're mounting Talos and just gives you a staff to spread some madness without turning you mad

Sanguine was great to. No dungeon crawling. Just trying to piece out what shenanigans you and him got up to while black out drunk. He even gives you a staff to command some of his personal daedra for being such a boss at drinking and partying. You literally went to a shrine of dibella, fondled her naked statue tits and desecrated it, then sold a goat to a giant, and had beer goggles so strong you seduced, fucked, and married a hagraven.
>>
>>335843519
Inches deep in your moms ass? Why yes I am.
>>
>>335845115
Different quests from different places. Still, it's not like it's terribly exciting or worth your time in the vast majority of cases anyway. Maybe if the rewards were decent or the radiant quests would send you to places you haven't visited yet, they'd be better.
>>
>>335845803
>be a werewolf
>go find that other werewolf and go to that bloodmoon cave place
>no reference to you being a servant of hircine or werewolf
>>
>>335845803
>No option to join the Silver Hand and kill the dirty dogs sitting in the middle of Whiterun
>>
>>335847127
>can purge vampires but not werewolves
>can destroy the Dark Brotherhood but not the Thieves Guild
>>
>>335844298
I went with the Dawnguard faction so I don't really know much what happens at the end of the vampire line. But the Soul Cairn is pretty good I guess, a bit tedious but you get a free horse summon and another dragon to call (mine is permanently bugged though).

If you played ESO you will recognize where the inspiration for their equivalent of "Draugr Ruins" replacement came from.

The vampire boss fight was a bit more satisfying than killing that dragon fucker in the vanilla main quest but still nothing to remember in your memoars.

And I don't want to spoil anything but getting the bow felt like you really were on an adventure unlike any of the other quests in Skyrim.
>>
>>335847634
Not being able to take down the Thieves Guild pissed me off to no end
>>
>>335842826
>radient AI
>existing
>>
>>335847675
i started ESO when it went free to play. I never left the first area. I went with the Thalmor so I was plucking around on the summerset isles. It was mostly respawning sea elves, ghosts, and feral vampires.
>>
>>335844298
People generally liked dawnguard for the vampire waifu follower.
>>
>>335832335
>can't even play any instruments
If the NPCs can do it, why can't I?
>>
>>335848647
I have ONLY heard negative about Serana, she was a shitty character who was devoid of any personality and her every line was made to pander to deperate /v/irgins.
>>
>>335848001

They promised something more comprehensive but it would have been a clusterfuck to code along with having the construction set.

A lot of simple mods would have made game-breaking glitches if they had done what they wanted to with Oblivion.
>>
>>335848435
>free to play
>>
one thing I liked about dawnguard was that area with the lake housing two dragons and the whole cavern system nearby. That shit was dope.
>>
>>335848647
>Try to get her to not follow me at one point
>"Haha nope not until you blah blah at the blah blah"
>Try to kill her
>lolessential
>>
I finally got around to starting Morrowind last week, and it's awesome. I love how the world doesn't owe me shit, it doesn't revolve around me. Also like the lack of fast travel and map markers. Makes exploring actually feel like exploring. I just stumbled upon a shrine to Morag Bol and barely made it out alive after killing the worshippers. Five minutes later I raided an ancestral tumb with a dremora in it that came this close to kicking my ass. No level scaling, no hand holding.
>>
>>335847975
I don't understand how you can take steps to clean up the skooma problem for Riften, but you can't deal with the Thieves Guild. What's worse is you taking over the Thieves Guild doesn't even open up anything cool to do.
>>
>>335834319
When did this happen

I don't recall ever needing to use telekinesis
>>
>>335849737
I don't remember having to use telekenisis. I do remember the ice and fire walls that you have to use flames and frost once to get through though. I don't know if the related dragon shouts work though, but to be fair who's going to have both unless they're already full of dragon shouts and souls.
>>
>>335849117
>can't marry her because she hates churches

Sometimes I Think Todd is the most brilliant troll in existence.
>>
>>335849727
but anon, you get to make a cool hat by stealing the gems from all the wealthy and influential people of skying. Well...You don't actually steal them because none are owned, but you do have to find them. Just roll play that you're stealing them. It's fine...it's fiiinee.
>>
At least the Dark Brotherhood questline was cool.

People like to talk about how awesome the Oblivion DB questline was (and it is), but they forget that it culminates in a shitty cramped fight in a fucking basement in front of a statue.

Skyrim's DB questline ends with you assassinating the FUCKING EMPEROR and rebuilding the Brotherhood from literal ashes.
>>
File: 1455788352434.png (25 KB, 210x271) Image search: [Google]
1455788352434.png
25 KB, 210x271
>try to play the main quest
>game crashes whenever I get anywhere near the next objective, which I think was some tower
>try to play dawnguard
>game crashes whenever I enter that one cave where you rescue a guy
>end up doing almost every quest besides two of the three major story ones

I was always confused by how the game kept giving me opportunities to be a dick but never let me ruthlessly exterminate the criminal scum instead
>>
File: Finding_the_Thieves_Guild.png (3 MB, 1634x1048) Image search: [Google]
Finding_the_Thieves_Guild.png
3 MB, 1634x1048
I don't get it, how did they manage to make such a good Thieves Guild questline in Oblivion and then make such a shitty one in Skyrim?

In Oblivion you actually had to find the Thieves Guild, you could fin them by bribing beggars because they secretly worked for the Gray Fox or you could get invited if you were sent to jail for stealing.

In Skyrim they were no longer a mystery, everyone in Riften knew about them and that their base of operations was in the fucking nasty sewers, they also invited you to join them as soon as you entered town because you "looked like you never worked a day in your life".
>>
File: 1443925651325.jpg (110 KB, 793x976) Image search: [Google]
1443925651325.jpg
110 KB, 793x976
>>335840936
>bu...but they're in the game as perks
I wonder who's behind this post
>>
>>335845803
Emil didn't write The companions

He only wrote the TG
>>
>>335849557
>Also like the lack of fast travel and map markers

This is why I hate /v/
Literal retards
Nothing in Skyrim prevented you from removing the HUD and not using fast travel
>>
>>335851098
He's not wrong
>>
>>335841819
You're thinking of Fable, not TES
>>
>>335850714

The Dark Brotherhood (or the Morag Tong) is always a great quest-line because it basically writes itself. The only flaw it had in Skyrim is that it started more like a bunch of fetch quests.

I mean, you started out killing fucking hobos for no fucking reason at all. Considering they no longer took their orders from the night mother.
>>
>>335851071
The dialogue changes when you enter Riften and actually have some money on you. He says something like "you didn't earn a penny of that legitimately."
>>
>tfw TES VI will be all radiant quest

Why Bethesda
>>
>>335851071
>guild about thieving
>do far more killing than stealing
>barely required to use stealth
>pickpocketing and lockpicking are hardly factors
I don't think Bethesda planned things through with Skyrim.
>>
>>335851174
The quest givers don't tell you jack shit about locations. They'll tell you to go to a cave and give literally no information on where it is.
>>
>>335849737
There is one ruin where you find the spell book in the same room as a locked gate or something that you can only unlock using the spell. It's like one of those places you have to use whirlwind sprint to speed through the closing gates.
>>
File: 1449087357194.jpg (32 KB, 640x600) Image search: [Google]
1449087357194.jpg
32 KB, 640x600
>>335832575
>expected you would actually learn to play an instrument
>get a fetch quest instead
I had little faith in Bethesda at that time, but I lost everything after that quest.
>>
>>335851469
I thought /v/ hipsters hated handholding?
>>
>>335851435
I do not expect Bethesda to do justice to any realm they make a game for in the next 12 years.
>>
>>335851469
This.
>>
Not sure how much i'm looking forward to playing the next game with a speaking voice. I wonder if they'll have race selection. It's clear that it'll be an adventure game with roll playing elements. And by elements I mean +20 health and +10 damage dealt. Nothing will change the way you play the game. At least in skyrim you can be a board and sword tank or a glass cannon archer/mage. And there's a little room to play with a mixture of at least two.
>>
>>335851552
I'm taking about Skyrim quest givers. You have to use the compass marker because you're told nothing about where you're going.
>>
>>335851713
Really now?
You literaklly just have to use the fucking map
>>
File: 1459384283766.jpg (15 KB, 466x350) Image search: [Google]
1459384283766.jpg
15 KB, 466x350
>>335851487

Not to mention that an instrument playing mechanic would have allowed you to make a pretty hilarious sex mod.
>>
>>335851248
Yes he is

The game isn't an RPG. It's an FPS with a big map
>>
>>335837668
Skyrim soundtrack is epic

https://youtu.be/r3rmcSzb6XE
>>
>>335851840
The map with the big arrow pointing right at where you're supposed to go. Instead of being told, say, "follow the river southwest out of town and turn east at the bridge," you just get a big flashing neon sign put on the map and compass.
>>
>>335851840
The map is a GPS that tells you exactly where to go, retard
>>
File: zombiesbild01[1].jpg (144 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
zombiesbild01[1].jpg
144 KB, 1024x768
Why did they remove all the spookiness and unsettling atmosphere while dungeon diving in Skyrim?
>>
>>335852056
Yes

But skills are literally perks in fallout 4
>>
>>335852206
The only time I was unsettled was when I first saw a Falmer creeping out of the dark in a Dwemer ruin.
>>
>>335852206

The Falmer do that for sure.

I guess you just chose not to be immersed like that. I mean they're basically mutated cave people that live with giant insects. The fuck more do you want?

Turn out the lights, get rid of any torches of light-giving effect and change the saturation and brightness on your screen.

If you're not spooked out in Skyrim dungeons you're not doing it right. Or else you're playing as a stealth god.

I mean I can go with a stealth character in Skyrim and be basically untouchable by level ten.
>>
>>335852338
Yeah, I attempted to go into Skyrim blind when it was released, so I didn't know the Falmer were in game. I noped the fuck out, then wondered what the fuck was going on and why were Falmer still in existence.
>>
>>335852261
No they aren't. Doesn't work the same way, at all.

Previously, having a high enough skill allowed you to choose a perk associated with that skill.

Now you just choose whatever you want.
>>
>>335852445
Stealth is so fucking broken. Pair Stealth with Illusion and fuck, I was literally walking around those Dragon Priests in Solstheim.
>>
>>335852616
Every single playthrough of mine devolves into stealth archery.
>>
>>335851464
it's not that they didn't plan it out. It's that they wanted to make a game that was approachable by all gamers. That meant making a game that could be completed by dude bro shooters or gamur girls. People who when they hear roll playing perks or open world feel freaked out or overwhelmed. They wanted a game with no barrier of entry or complex thinking.

I have friends who bought fallout 3 and couldn't get out of the vault. And the few that did couldn't understand the perk and level up system, and special completely through them for a loop.

You see it in Fallout 4 as well. One of my friends was hyped for skyrim from the marketing and fantasy setting but didn't understand why he couldn't blaze through it on master difficulty by charging through with dual swords. Even the regen health wasn't working for him because the enemies charge if you try and find cover because the enemies still come at you and it's slower when in combat state. And as soon as he got out of helgen and there weren't any invisible walls he just noped out.

But he loved Fallout 4. It was a first person shooter without any perks that change the game. He didn't have to figure out schools of magic, enchanting or smithing. He could just grab a gun and run out into the world with basic armor and hold his own because he loves destiny. He understood that you could pick up guns and armor but they didn't change the game. You just picked the one with the biggest number next to it. You could craft armor and guns, you could play a stealth sniper. But you could just pick up a gun and play the game from beginning to end without thinking.

I'm not saying that's the ideal way to design a game but it is what Bethesda wants to do.
>>
>>335852796
>couldn't get out of the vault
I was 13 when Fallout 3 came out. Your friends are seriously dumber than a barely teenager?
>>
File: vorpal edge.jpg (467 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
vorpal edge.jpg
467 KB, 1920x1080
This guy would go ape shit in skyrim lel.
>die fetcher!
>essential
I can just imagine him crying on the streets of whiterun, begging the gods for answers.
>>
>>335853116
>playing as a Breton
>any game
>ever

And then Anon is the biggest fucking faggot of them all.
>>
>>335852774

What they didn't anticipate with this game is that most people would choose the path of least resistance. That is by far an archer assassin character.

If you haven't tried full magic yet then you should. Mages in Skyrim have the potential to level up much more than physical characters because you have the whole range of magic to use. Go legendary with something that you don't always need (like illusion) and you can basically make Vivec look like a slouch.
>>
>>335832335
Nothing is worst than the Thieves Guild Quest Line
>>
>>335832335
>>335853282
Forgot link
http://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=14422
>>
>>335853206
>implying
breton master race

i bet you play orcs. enjoy getting shat out of boethias asshole?

seriously though fuck orcs
>>
File: 1460945761346.jpg (355 KB, 1280x1034) Image search: [Google]
1460945761346.jpg
355 KB, 1280x1034
>>335853486
No, Anon, I'm glorious master race. The only race worth playing.

Agreed, fuck Orcs.
>>
File: redguard.jpg (68 KB, 624x351) Image search: [Google]
redguard.jpg
68 KB, 624x351
>>335853486
>>335853572
Redguard master race
>>
>>335853026
They're halo and gears fans who played on 360. Maybe its disingenuous to say they're too stupid to learn the carry weight and level up progression as it is to say they didn't have the patience for it. They thought it was an open world shooter and all they'd have to worry about was ammo count like other shooters.
>>
>>335853572
>>335853738
Dunmer are the true inheritors of Nirn.

I can even handle scummy altmer, but orcs? Back to your reservatio- oh I mean "stronghold"
>>
>>335850219
Wasn't that hat bugged?

Did it even do anything?
>>
>Tfw I always want to play a generic warrior in Skyrim, with a slight twist each time like being a battlemage or battlehealer
>Only time I've got through most of the content AND the DLC is when I played a dagger assassin

Fucking strange how that's the most entertaining way to play. I guess you actually have to use your brain for something else instead of attack spam.
>>
>>335853738

they're only special in concept, really.

"samurai negro pirates from persia" sounds cool but it never comes up in games in a cool way.

only race that actually lives up to it's lore reputation is Khajiit, because you're always a pain in the fucking ass to everyone around you.
>>
>>335853282
The funniest part of the Thieves Guild is how you're told not to kill people and then killing your way through its quests is not only viable, but highly efficient because of the lack of repercussions.
>>
>>335853221
back 4 or 5 years ago we'd have fallout NV and elder scroll roll play threads where people would share their characters back story. Almost all of them would create these neat or interesting characters, like an ex NCR scout who decided to become a mercenary and uses honest hearts ranger armor because it's old school.

Or a Breton mage who spent all day fucking around with souls and soul gems and basically enchanted himself into a god. You still had plenty of glass canon archers who dumped everything into sneak so they can't be seen and do ludicrous damage with sneak multiplyers, but there are a few people out there that enjoyed roll playing and experimenting. I mean Dick Thief was a legitimate meme for a time.

While I didn't really care for the college quests I did like playing around with the schools and using it to enhance my "head cannon" playing as an evil dark elf who worships Molag Bal that enjoys soul trapping black souls and summoning Daedra to do my evil biddings. That said Skyrim didn't really give you too much to do with it.
>>
>>335854149
>implying there's any more skill required unless you purposely gimp yourself to an idiotic level
Do I have to get out the webms of "STEALTH"? If anything it takes more tactics just charging in.
>>
>>335854149
There's nothing tactical about stealth in Skyrim.

Hell charging in is more tactical because you have to at least make sure you have some potions first or something. Stealth is just crouch, stab for 305345389478395678349689346893486938469 damage, win
>>
>>335854223
the marks and book of marks was a neat idea. Those glyphs that they use to lead the way for other thieves.

But they never did anything unique with them. Every house in a city had the "loot inside" glyph and the abandoned or beggers row had the "No loot" inside.

I think I saw maybe two danger or friend of thieves glyphs. The danger one being on the people who are involved with the guild and the friend being for fences. They stopped being special when literally every single home or dwelling has a loot glyph on its door.
>>
Anyone got lore questions regarding Skyrim?
Most people underestimate how much new lore it has
>>
>>335854907
I have lore questions about TESO.

Like why does it exist at all?
>>
>>335854907
What new lore?
>>
>>335854458
Yeah but at least I can pretend I'm doing something more than just rubbing up against a draugr/bandit like a magnet and whacking them with my Styrofoam weapons.
>>
File: 102 KB.jpg (102 KB, 781x750) Image search: [Google]
102 KB.jpg
102 KB, 781x750
>>335833841
>>
>>335853572
WE WUZ CHIMER
>>
File: todd.jpg (63 KB, 500x529) Image search: [Google]
todd.jpg
63 KB, 500x529
>>335832949
IT JUST WORKS, OKAY?
>>
>>335855282
Thats the weakest argument I've ever heard.
>>
Someone in another thread said that apparently, all of the guild quests were originally supposed to be radiant. Someone on the team convinced them that was a bad idea, but they only had time to slap together the rush-job quests we see in the game. Anyone here know if there's any truth to that?
>>
>>335854906
Not like the houses with loot were even any good. Sure, you might get a unique item to sell to Delvin, but most of the places you cleaned out just had generic crap in them that you can find everywhere.
>>
>>335854907
why can't I dual wield shields. I am a mighty turtle gosh dangit.
>>
>>335834613
The uniqueness or cookie-cutter-ness of a dungeon has nothing to do with whether or not it includes a shortcut back to the overworld at the end.
>>
>>335852796
your story makes me sad that there are people out there like that
>>
>>335855794
the most expensive loot in those houses was usually a mammoth tusk that was worth like what, 150? maybe 200 with a high speech skill? I don't know I never bothered with speech skill because there was never any point to it. The only real value I could see to it was investing so I wouldn't have to sleep a day to reset their bank so I could get rid of all my dragon bones and scales.
>>
>>335837668
focused a bit too much on being "epic", I think. With every piece of music being so grandiose it tends to make each individual one feel kinda dull and unmemorable.

My favorite track on Morrowind/Oblivion/Skyrim is Road Most Traveled. Thankfully it returned in Dragonborn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2n2_z5CuGI&index=3&list=PLC_RvlDzjL-bi4nTmqx-sZvMsmRg77RWU
>>
is there a good mod for oblivion guards to turn them into Roman-like legions?
>>
>>335855778
i don't think they were meant to be radiant so much as they were shoehorned to fit into that "You can be anything and everything you want!" marketing line.

You can be a battlemage who's perfect at magic and fighting so join both guilds.

You can be a sneaky mage who can turn invisible and steal and assassinate everyone so join all the guilds! And so on.
>>
>>335856195
You can find jewelry worth a couple hundred gold every now and then, but by the time you do, gold is completely irrelevant because you're drowning in it.

The part that really pissed me off about thieving was having hired thugs sent after you. I can see it if you stole something and got caught, but even if you didn't, you still get thugs.
>>
>>335856081
Ummm yes it does. You should explain your point in more detail because I'm having trouble figuring out how repetitive patterns contribute to uniqueness.
>>
>>335832335
What I really wonder is how Fallout 3 got so damn successful.

It didn't have anything appealing

it was just some dumb sequel to a series from a decade ago
>>
I have to wonder though, can you really get quest variety when you are playing an FPS? I don't see what else can you do besides "kill this man" or "press E on item to do something"

Like i'm asking for every FPS game ever with quests, i'm wondering what FPS has the most variety in quests
>>
>>335857075
>"You can be anything and everything you want!"
I wish Bethesda would stop this, it just makes the game world feel shallow like every single thing in the universe is put on hold until the player comes along
>>
>>335856285
>focused a bit too much on being "epic", I think

Happened with DA:I, too. Too much focus on being "badass" in scenes and it really became absurd.
>>
>>335857306
There are retards who play Skyrim in FPS view rather than 3rd like intended?
>>
>>335836670
>get in trouble cause I'm just an initiate for being in the house overnight

I don't think that's supposed to happen. One of the benefits of joining a guild is that you can sleep there, so why would you get kicked out for hanging around there overnight?
>>
>>335857556
The shallowness is what kills it for me. I'd go so far as to say Bethesda had some decent ideas in place, but they never did anything with them because of their desire to make the game accessible.
>>
>>335857145
Two dungeons can both have a shortcut at the end but be entirely different otherwise.
>>
>>335857693
FPS in combat and dungeon diving. 3rd when exploring and in cities. You also drop your armor for clothes when in cities
>>
>>335837668
Unbroken Road and One They Fear are pretty memorable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2erY9UyBlU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybq_waDfyDI
>>
>>335857693
3rd person has a shit camera perspective, at least 1st has the ability to actually to see whats in front of you instead of having to look straight down, you also don't have the burden of watching your gay ass prancing around doing a thousand spins while fighting
>>
>>335845115
The radiant quests he was talking about come from the Companions, so if you didn't join them, you won't get those quests.
>>
>doing guild quests
>not just hanging out in your house all die eating ingrediants getting high off your house all day and coming out to sell narcotics

It's like you don't even want to be Hei S'enberrg the crazy Khajit skooma dealer
>>
>>335837915
I was going to say people like Skyrim for the mods, but I'm not sure how much that applies to normies.
>>
>>335858250
>FPS in combat

But that takes all the fun away
In FPS view, combat just look like a tard swinging a weapon around
In third view, it can look really neat provided you sometimes use your sword to block

FPS should be limited to archery
>>
File: Strangle.jpg (51 KB, 290x384) Image search: [Google]
Strangle.jpg
51 KB, 290x384
>>335837363
One of the worst parts for me was how forced it seems.
The faggot in the middle of town that walks up to you and tells you you look like you've never done an honest day's work to get the things you own. Can't even beat the shit out him for insulting me since he's literally invincible.
Then after calling you a thief he wants you to frame someone for the lulz so you can join his sooper sekrit club. I just helped said person rediscover their family heritage, so I decide I'd rather not have my new buddy thrown in jail.
Despite saying no, the quest gets stuck in my journal forever anyway so I reload and avoid him. I have to avoid the center of town, where all the merchants are, so this fucker won't creep up on me and clutter up my journal with his bullshit.
I come back later and the main quest asks you to deal with him because you need his help to find some old fucker. I say fuck it and find the old man in the sewer myself.
Fuck the Skyrim thieves guild, they can sit on a cactus
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.