[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zelda NX
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (377 KB, 1439x2043) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
377 KB, 1439x2043
Is this game nintendos last chance to redeem themselves? The last chance to prove that they still can make a masterpiece if they try hard enough?
I just realized that, if this game is going to blow us away, every single negative thing that has been said about them these past 4-5 years, will disappear. But it has to be the next OoT to do that. (in the sense of wowing the world and setting a higher standard for every single game in that genre. Not talking about copying it).
Everybody will talk about it and forget about everything else. It needs to generate hype that hasnt been seen since e3 2004.
Will they deliver?
>>
Nintendo is literally Blizzard in console form.

>You think you do, but you don't
>>
>>335812916
No. Nintendo is still running on 90's money.
They haven't even started tapping into the Wii's and nds's bank of unlimited funds.
>>
>>335813082
Not even that. They haven't lost money on the Wii U.

>Bu-but that one year they posted a loss!

That was due to purchasing a whole bunch of shit to expand their business.
>>
>>335813243
>>335813082
Thanks, ndf guy. But this doesnt answer my question.
>>
The fact that it's the ONLY playable game at E3 indicates they must think it's something special, but somehow I doubt it's going to revolutionary. I'm half expecting an easier Dark Souls clone with horseback mechanics and Zelda aesthetic.
>>
>>335812916
If it's truly as open world as they claim and they allow you to choose the order of dungeons (with maybe 1 or 2 being set as part of the story) then I can see this game blowing TP and SS out the water at least.
I have confidence that we will finally have a better game than OoT as long as we remove the nostalgia goggles
>>
>>335812916
The average gamerdude has grown out of Nintendo and views them as a baby game company now. Sad but true. They spat in the face of their core audience during the Wii years and there really isn't a way to get that same audience back.
>>
File: 1445031891819.png (524 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1445031891819.png
524 KB, 1000x1000
>>335813567
A pebble in a puddle would blow SS out of the water.
>MFW No Metroid
>MFW No F-Zero
>MFW No Advance Wars
>MFW No 2016 Zelda
>MFW No proper 3D Mario
>MFW 2D kiddie platformers up the whazoo
>>
>>335813384
It kind of does.
They have all the expendable income to try again. Even if the game sucks you know damn will that this same thread will pop up in a year for the next big Nintendo title.
This is kind of the reason why Sony and Microsoft don't actually try competing with Nintendo. Because for one the games they sell are going to be different and two even if S/M won against Nintendo, it wouldn't mean a loss for Nintendo as a whole.

Nintendo ain't sega. A few minor setbacks won't knock them out of making consoles.
>>
even if it's a good game it won't convince people to pick up a dead console or take a gamble and pick up the new NX
>>
>>335813567
I dont like the idea of choosing the dungeon in any order you want. Because there is no difficulty progression. That being said, zelda dungeons are pretty random when it comes to difficulty. That and the story can and will suffer from this any order you want-thing.
If they manage to pull it off nicely, respect yo.
>>335813614
They shat on our face with the wii, but the wii u wasn't much better.
>>
>>335813531
Who said it was the only playable game?
The picture just says it will be the focus.
>>
>>335813614
The average gamerdude plays sports games and CoD. If their girlfriends tell them a new Zelda is coming out (girls love Zelda) and they see all their sports games and CoD are on the system I don't think they'd hesitate in order to get some action. Dudebros don't pledge brand loyalty, they buy what plays their games of choice the best (except for PC because a normal person doesn't want to spend $1500 just to play CoD)
>>
>>335813793
I dont mean for them to redeem thenselves in a financial way.
>>
>>335813885
>Who said it was the only playable game?
They clearly stated it's the only playable game. Companies are focusing less on E3
>>
File: Angry Little Elf.jpg (190 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Angry Little Elf.jpg
190 KB, 640x360
>>335812916
>last chance
>even though the Wii U had an overall bretty good library
Literally the only Nintendo system with weak 1st party entries is the DS. Even the Wii had some godly games like Galaxy 1-2, Prime 3, Smooth Moves, DKCR, Xenoblade, etc.

Am I going to day one a NX? God no. But I am probably going to get it if Nintendo provides five great games. And that always happens.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
>>335813818
I recently bought a used xbox for 70$ with ninja gaiden black and a controller. Just to play ninja gaiden black. I am sure a lot of people buy a console for one game. Honestly, price isn't the issue for people who work. Not meant to be "Le i have a life!"-guy.
But yeah. I skipped the wii u entirely. Mostly because smash 4 was a huge disappointment. Hopefully they learned their lesson with the NX and focus on their core nintendo audience, for real this time.
>>
looks just as bad as the last 3 zelda games and they still havent shown any real gameplay or said anything concrete about what it's going to be, so i have zero hype for this.
>>
>>335814001
And I never said financially. They have all the money in the world to keep trying to get their fame back.
A few flops wouldn't put people off to Nintendo.
Look at The Wii U. It itself is a giant flop. Nintendo still rolling and people still looking forward to their games. The new zelda sucking (It probably won't but people will say it sucks and deem skyward sword great just like every new release of a zelda.) won't put a stop to people hoping for a new game from Nintendo.
>>
>>335814245
Who is "they"?
>>
>>335813990
>this kind of delusion

you just described maybe .0001 percent of the gaming population, and thats being generous. the average "dudebro" as you called it isnt going to have a girlfriend thats dying to play zelda, its just not going to happen. hes gonna spend his money buying his girfriend something not video game related. and the off chance she does want to game he'll get her a game on the console hes already got, or at the most maybe buy a 3ds
>>
>>335814417
Is your camera from the same decade as all your consoles?
>>
>>335814549
are*
>>
>>335814739
Didn't answer my question nigger.
Keep side stepping.
>>
>>335814676
kek. It's an iphone 4 that has fallen down more times than your mother has failed to cook correctly.
I dont know why it still works. But many things got fucked, including the camera.
Now why dont i get a new phone? It still works i guess.
>>
>>335814895
question(,)* nigger.
>>
>>335815086
In short nobody said shit and you are making shit up, and the only retort you have is correcting my sentences

Got it.
>>
>>335815272
retard*
>>
>>335812916
I don't think I want new Zelda to blow everyone away because then they'll think that was the thing that saved them when Nintendo had some problems, but was doing just fine all along. They'll ignore the good games we got like Splatoon and the like and bury them in some kind of Dark Age.
>>
>>335815324
I didn't say retard, faggot.
I said retort.
>>
>>335815747
ah just shut the fuck up dude. Nobody cares about splatoon anymore. You know why? Because it's yet another shallow, non challening, non-satisfying modern nintendo game that offers nothing more than the same basic gameplay it introduces you to the first 10 minutes of the game and tries to build on that.
>>
>>335815747
I know that Nintendo is doing fine money wise, but are they actually doing fine fans wise? Are they possibly losing the favor of their loyal fans as we speak?
>>
File: 1387401101176.jpg (101 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1387401101176.jpg
101 KB, 500x375
>there are people that bought a WiiU at launch for a Zelda exclusive
>got two retextured older games with zero new content
>an inferior version of HW with 90% of it DLC
>Zelda U is on NX at launch
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
>>335816802
>There are people who bought a WiiU
enough said
>>
>>335816802
>there are people that bought a WiiU at launch for a Zelda exclusive
>ever buying a system for a game that isn't out
thats hilariously retarded
>>
>>335814969
Alright
>>
>>335816802
We all know Nintendo going to pull bullshit with the Wii U version. They are going to pull a Twilight Princess, promise dual release, few months later come out about delaying the GameCube version but Wii version unchanged. Just to push Wiig sales
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.