[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls 3 V.S Bloodborne
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Decent Enough Image.jpg (175 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Decent Enough Image.jpg
175 KB, 1280x720
I hate how i have to write V.S but thats the only word that comes to my mind for the pros and cons of what Im about to do for both and whats objectively better game. I think everybody has played Dark Souls 3 by now and has a fresh input of the game.

Lets start
Bloodborne Pros
>Trick Weapons (superior to DS3 weapons)
>Guns(Kind of Cheap to use but fun)
>32 Bosses in Vanilla(Including Chalice Dungeon Bosses.) +5 more bosses in DLC
>Faster Combat and Rally System.
>A lovecraft World
>Chalice Dungeons (They suck to do but if you do PVP and PVE becomes a breeze. And so much more boss fights that arent in the regular game.)

Cons
>Smaller world feels like Im being funneled from one boss to the next. No back trekking or real exploration.
>Some bosses in Dungeons are just beefed up regular enemies.
>Not much Build Quality. Builds revolve around the weapon from the get go not vice versa.
>Stupid Bell System.
>Vanilla Game doesn't have much weapons(DLC fixes issue)
>No Mini Bosses.
>Not as many Rings(Runes) or Armor Sets.
>>
They're both good and probably the best games in the souls series
>>
I've only played ds3 and BB. I don't remember being able to literally sprint past every enemy to the boss in BB. it seemed harder.
>>
>>335805135
>I don't remember being able to literally sprint past every enemy to the boss in BB
But you can
The only game you couldnt do this was DS2 because enemies could interrupt you while interacting with objects
>>
>>335804545
Dark Souls 3 Pros

>A lot of weapons.
>A lot of armor sets.
>Big open areas. Exploration is fun and on top of it demanded.
>lots of Mini Bosses. Havel is one, the Demon who guards his armor is another, The 3 Hunters before the Prince, Many NPC Invaders, The Demon Dog in Boreal Valley and others im forgetting.
>Summoning help is easy and quick.
>Lots of NPCS you meet on your adventures.
>feels like a real world your exploring. Not a night on the town Bloodborne feels like

Cons
>not as many bosses. Nor are they actually any good. Only a few bosses were fun to fight. Aldrich, Dancer, Champ, Soul of Cinder, Pontiff.
>Weapons either are shit or amazing tier. There is no in between.
>same with armor.
>The games setting and lore is really hard to wrap around and break down compared to DeS or BB.
>>
>>335805135
You can sprint through the entire game at level 1 in BB, just every Souls game
>>
>>335804545
DS3 = BB
Both have pros and cons, but both are amazing. I really hope BB gets a sequel, this time with development time put into actual areas and not chalices.
>>
>>335804545
What the games both do that is very amazing is.

>MUSIC IS GREATEST IN VIDYA HISTORY.
>Both are demanding and rewarding.
>Boss Fights are fun and engaging.

What it comes down too is your personal taste. Do you want a lovecraft world of nightmares where there is no happy ending?

Or a being a Hero and try to save the world by relinking the flames in an epic tale of adventure and adversity.

One game is like a short horror poem written by Edgar Allen Poe.

And the other game is like Homers Olysuess or Illiad. Where you go on a epic tale with gods and other men as your opponent in a rather epic story thats spans.

Me personally I preferred BloodBorne. Its whatever you want to be honest though.
>>
>>335804545
Id love to hear other peoples opinions though and inputs. But im just tired of reading stupid comments going

>HUUR BB OR DS3 IS BETTER CAUSE BLAH (Stupid as reason included.)

Or PC fanboys getting mad and overly defending Dark Souls 3 compared to Bloodborne.

Or Sony making it sound like Bloodborne is the greatest game of all time.
>>
>>335804545
>No back trekking or real exploration
Forbidden Woods to Iosefka's Clinic
Lumenflower Garden to Grand Cathedral
Yahar'gul to Old Yharnam
Healing Church Workshop to Cathedral Ward
I'm sure I'm missing some more, but that's off the top of my head
>No Mini Bosses
Suspicious Beggar
Bloody Crow of Cainhurst
Henrik
Djura
Beast possed Soul
More if we count the Chalice Dungeons
>>
File: Good Hunter.jpg (284 KB, 1472x828) Image search: [Google]
Good Hunter.jpg
284 KB, 1472x828
>>335804545
I don't care about pros and cons, I wouldn't even care if DaS3 was vastly better (which it isn't)

It doesn't feel new, it's same old same old. You get on an area of face a boss and you CAN'T help but compare it to every other SoulsBorne game.
80% of the armor/weapons/rings/shields are the same as previous games, you don't get a glee in your eyes when you find a fucking broadsword does like you do in BloodBorne when you get a Logarius' Wheel or Amygdalan Arm, because you already know what a Broadsword is, you had it ALL the previous games and you know most of the moveset is exactly the same.

I'd rather have a game with more suprises and flaws than a straightforward "polished" ride. DaS3 was boring because it only did what I expected of it and nothing more. Anor Londo made me want to puke, the fan service is already discusting but that was just too much. Like many say, It's a "Greatest Hits" album, it may conatin some of the best shit, but no one would think highly of it.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.