[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bloodborne vs DS3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: 1460277275924.gif (859 KB, 500x286) Image search: [Google]
1460277275924.gif
859 KB, 500x286
Now that the dust has settled, which is better? Bloodborne or DS3?
>>
DS3. However almost no one has played BB and the few people who have feel the need to overrate it constantly so you will not get any honest answers here
>>
>>335802423
if I wanted honest answers I wouldn't come to /v
>>
>>335802313
Bloodborne, OP.
>>
>>335802313
Bloodborne
>>
>>335802313
They are both pretty different from eachover yet similiar.

I personally prefer BB. But DS3 is very amazing too.
>>
File: 16335467563_6836b81332_o.jpg (1 MB, 3840x1620) Image search: [Google]
16335467563_6836b81332_o.jpg
1 MB, 3840x1620
>>335802313
>Now that the dust has settled, which is better? Bloodborne or DS3?

Both do some things well, some things terribly.

I found DS3 to be much easier, far worse balanced and less original (DS3 is filled to the brim with references and throwbacks) than Bloodborne however, which makes me personally like it less.
>>
Well, BB is fun in it's own regard. I definitely feels more fast paced, but it's just not as rewarding. When I PREY SLAUGHTERED, it didn't give me the same joy or rush of YOU DEFEATED in Dark Souls.

But I'm someone who like to parry a lot, and that's super easy to do in BB.

I'm also someone who like Online interactivity. If I was playing offline, I'd probably say BB.
>>
>>335802313
i'm only halfway through ds3 so its hard to tell yet, but bloodborne's faults are:
-lack of armors
-lack of weapons (the dlc addressed this)
-free healing if you attack after getting hurt
-chalice dungeon multi is a mess

i'm already feeling that ds3 has too many bonfires like ds2, but we'll see later i guess. i doubt it will even have anything like a chalice dungeon though.
>>
>>335802313
Personally, I dislike Bloodbornes mechanics and how it "emphasizes" offence by copying the DS formula and just watering down core mecanics relating to defence while adding nothing of its own core mecanics other than parrying being a ranged, easy, press of a button that takes minimal skill. However, with the DS3 shitshow of Balance with not having traditional poise and poise only increasing the hyper armor for heavy weapons in the 2nd half of the swing, DS3 feels like playing Bloodborne with some of the dark souls dwpth added back, but it plays all wrong in PvP and PvE, despite PvE feeling easier. Things that worked in Bloodborne dontdon't feel right in DS3. Plus the DS3 bosses are mostly gimmicks and disappointing as shit. I don't like Bloodborne but objectivly it's better.
>>
>>335802313
Bloodborne, Pc players will sing DS3s praises because it isn't exclusive. I personally prefer BB half of the game isn't reused assets and I couldn't care less if you say "times convoluted" or "it's great we get to go back here and there" It isn't I was bored because I knew what to do in some areas from previous experience like the Anor Londo archers for example. BB was entirely new and nothing was reused besides the basic control scheme and the normal souls/blood/upgrade materials.
>>
>>335802313
Bump
>>
>>335802313
For me, I would rather prefer Bloodborne, for it has a much better story, environment and PvE. DaS3 has a better PvP, though.

Anyways, both are good games.
>>
DaS > BB > DaS 3 > DeS >>>>>>>> DaS 2
>>
I personally like das3 better because of it setting, but BB had the whole trick weapon mechanic which was cool as fuck
>>
>>335802313
Bloodborne. DS3 is great, but it's ideas feel played out. Bloodborne was refreshing with different weapons and alot more. Bloodborne had far superior music. Many bosses in DS3 copy Bloodborne. BB moved the soulsborne games foward while DS3 was a back step
>>
>>335807539
Reused bosses? Explain
>>
>>335806791
Stop with DaS top tier shit. The second half sucks and you know it. DaS3 is a overall more complete and better game. Don't spout connected world shit either. After anor londo the game is just three DaS3 style paths
>>
>>335807779
Did not say reused. Just some copied elements. Primary example is second phase abyss watchers is maria light
>>
File: LOLHEVERYERE.png (208 KB, 327x316) Image search: [Google]
LOLHEVERYERE.png
208 KB, 327x316
bloodborne <never ever>
>>
>>335802313
>Character/armor:
I would say that ds3 has bloodborne beat in this area, given its variety. I mean, it's explained lore wise with Bloodborne why they only use cloth armor, but I think it'd be interesting if they had added heavier armor with more defensive capabilities just to add it in the mix. However, as said, the armors in ds3 looked better, especially with the added flame affects which looked fucking amazing. However, I take a few points away from DS3's armors because alot of them were just rehashed for nostalgia purposes.

>weapons
DS3 has more weapons yes, however, playing devils advocate, while BB had less, literally no two weapons were alike and in that sense there was a sense of diversity and variability. Whereas with DS3 nearly every greatsword had the same moveset, same with all swords, all daggers. It almost seemed as though DS3 had too many weapons without enough umphf to make them their own.

>story
Bloodborne hands down, but I'm a whore for Lovecraft. I mean, ds3's story was cool, but I was never too drawn into the story like I was with bb. It didn't have the same pull.

>pvp
I'm honestly not one for pvp, so I can't speak much on this. However, it seemed to be more one v one in BB, or at least for all the times I was ever invaded/did invade, whereas with DS3 you're always ganked. Like I said though, can't speak much on this

>bosses
Bloodborne wins, only because alot of DS3's bosses were too gimmicky, too underwhelming. The Dragon in the dragon place was probably the biggest disappointment. Literally one hit on the head. Yohrm the giant could've been cool, and he was asthetically, were it not for the sword which never really made much sense? Like, why is this one sword just there and can easily kill him? Didn't make much sense.

So bloodborne wins in my book. Story is better, weapons are more unique, bosses are better, pvp seems alot more fair, and asthetically it's much more pleasing.
>>
>>335802313
Bump
>>
if we're talking just the base games then i vote ds3, but bb is on top right now due to TOH.
>>
File: DS363.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DS363.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>Best final boss in soulsborne:
Soul of Cinder

>Most versatile boss in soulsborne
Soul of Cinder

>Most spectacular boss in soulsborne
Nameless King

>Best music
Twin Princes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFRaZs6ri7s [Embed]

>Best atmosphere in a boss
Oceiros, Consumed King

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4KjLWUZkbU [Embed]

>Most beautiful areas in soulsborne:
Irithyll of the Boreal Valley, Archdragon Peak

>No soul memory unlike DaS2, therefore pvp is better

>Best bosses in any first release content for a souls game

Pontiff Sulayvahn, Abyss Watchers, Aldrich, Dancer of the Boreal valley, Champion Gundyr, Dragonslayer Armour, Twins, Soul of Cinder, Nameless King

>every single boss feels unique from one another, none feel redundant

>Best consistency in area design of any soulsborne game

>Best area in any soulsborne game, Lothric Castle/Grand Archives

>best Npc's in any soulsborne game

And a laundry list of BB's flaws to discredit it further:

>One Reborn, celestial emissary, micolash, rom, wet nurse, shadows of yharnam, and the majority of the shitty chalice dungeon bosses being awful
>Chalice dungeons existing and being unused potential
>healing system is atrocious, and always nags on you, removes game flow
>having to teleport TWICE to go to area to area or even reset an area
>rune system in BB is massively inferior to rings
>Arcane is underdeveloped, hunters tools have nowhere near the versatility or utility that dark souls has in terms of defensive, offensive and general function miracles/pyromancies/sorceries justifying all the points into intelligence/faith
>arcane at launch was largely justified by meaningless weapon scaling
>games content at launch was depressingly short
>everything after amelia in the release game is awful except ebrietas, logarius and gehrman

BB babbies justify their game solely through the DLC, which was actually good, but let's not pretend for even a second that what was launched originally wasn't shit.
>>
>>335802313
Both
>>
NioH > Dark Souls > Bloodborne > Demon's Souls > Dark Souls 3 > Dark Souls 2
>>
Dark Souls 3 is my first and so it's pretty fresh for me. Looks beautiful and the aesthetic suits me more than the whole victorian thing. I won't get a lot of the references until I play earlier games though.
>>
>>335810602
Thats also a meme.

Like look my friend.

The problems with Vanilla Bloodborne were this.

Not enough trick weapons that conpliment different builds. For example Strengh and Bloodtinge was now possible via DLC BloodLetter. Giving more possible variations to gameplay. Same thing for Arcane and Skill and ect.

The Old Hunters DLC gave us then even more story and finishes off the lore of bloodborne. What happend to Ludwig, and Lawrenece. What the healing church did to become or become great ones.

The story behind Germans best student Maria and her story.

Bloodbornes Story is self contained and finished in One Game.

I hope theres a Bloodborne 2 but i dont see how its possible
>>
Both are objectively good games and it really comes down to personal preference.
>>
I gotta say Bloodborne, but that includes the DLC so it's not fair to DS3. I doubt the DS3 DLC will make me change my opinion though, I thoroughly enjoy Bb and I'm currently considering returning to finish my BL4 run. It's a fantastically well greased machine of fun.

I'm not touching DS3 until the straight sword and estoc nerf comes around, I'm too much of a tryhard to use anything else.
>>
Dark Souls > Dark Souls 3 >>> Demon's Souls > Dark Souls 2 > Bloodborne
>>
>>335802313

Ds3 starts off string as fuck, but the final area is disappointing and it suffers the same lack of replay value as 2.

BB is a consistent performer but half its bosses are tied into a shitty dungeon crawl mode.

Overall, I preferred BB, but felt more hooked by DS3
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.