[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/v/, what's your opinion on the Phoenix option in Fire Emblem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: mqdefault.jpg (8 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
8 KB, 320x180
/v/, what's your opinion on the Phoenix option in Fire Emblem Fates?
>>
I object to it existing.
>>
>>335801968
I understand there being a casual mode, but a mode where death has literally no consequence is insulting
>>
its pretty dumb but whatever.

I'm more upset that revelation sucks in every possible way. No reason for it to be as dull as it is.
>>
>>335803297
How does Revelation suck? The maps are odd, but the story is an absolutely perfect explanation for Birthright and Conquest.
>>
File: lobster riding a lobster.jpg (248 KB, 600x662) Image search: [Google]
lobster riding a lobster.jpg
248 KB, 600x662
Considering I never touch the ridiculously easy modes in any game, I forget it even exists until someone whines about it.

It's not even thrown in your face like the "die 5 times, and get the option to use this invincible powerup" in modern Mario... But even then, you could never touch it if you didn't want it.
>>
>>335801968
The only way to access Phoenix mode is to play on "Normal", so I don't see the problem. It completely ruins the game, yeah, but if you're casual enough to be playing on Normal then you probably don't care about the gameplay anyway.
>>
File: default.png (57 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
default.png
57 KB, 256x256
>>335801968
I never used it myself but my little brother said that he died much more often using it than when he went back through on Casual. I'm not sure if it's because the stats are balanced against you on Pheonix since you'll come right back, or if it's because he got better.
>>
>>335805325
It's more like a slap in the face. Birthright leaves a lot to be desired, Conquest leaves a lot to be desired, and then Azura explains everything in Chapter 7 of Revelations. It only serves as a perfect explanation because the stories of the other two were purposely botched.
>>
File: 1375225293398.jpg (73 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
1375225293398.jpg
73 KB, 600x300
>he fell for the FE14 meme
>>
It's the golden tanooki suit of Fire Emblem.

I'm not surprised they did it but it's completely optional and lunatic + classic remains so I can't be too annoyed by it's existence.
>>
>>335805325
>perfect explanation
>said explanation is retarded and actively hurts the other two routes.

The maps being "odd" is wrong, the maps are just fucking terrible. Also the unit balance is trash.
>>
>Caring about casual modes and cheating options

Anons, it's not for you.
>>
File: 1461425893343.jpg (43 KB, 411x411) Image search: [Google]
1461425893343.jpg
43 KB, 411x411
Casual mode was already easy as all fuck, so it baffles me why they felt the need to make it even easier

seriously, taking permadeath out of Fire Emblem in the first place makes it incredibly easy and in my opinion it kinda destroys the identity of the series, since you don't have to care as much about defensive measures as you do offensive measures.
I'm not the most hardcore fan of FE, I have just played the Fire Emblem 7 on GBA and half of Awakening, but even I can see how large of an impact permadeath has on the gameplay
>>
File: [Hee ho].jpg (16 KB, 338x215) Image search: [Google]
[Hee ho].jpg
16 KB, 338x215
>>335808365
I remember when I first played FE7.
Everyone but the lords and Serra were dead by the time I got on Fargus' ship.
>>
>>335808365
Would changing casual to game over if a single unit dies sound a more fair middle ground? Your units all stay alive because you went through the maps perfectly.
>>
>>335801968
May as well make a mode where death can't even happen in the game, just sent back to the start of the map with 1HP on the next turn with nothing else to punish.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.