[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Find a flaw.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 10
File: 51-sTAVzeFL.jpg (46 KB, 355x500) Image search: [Google]
51-sTAVzeFL.jpg
46 KB, 355x500
Find a flaw.
>>
Pacing!

That intro sucks!

Also exploration is weak as fuck.
>>
>>335796674

Ocarina of Time is better because my nostalgia goggles say so
>>
Empty overworld.
Wolf form is underutilised.
Too few side quests.
Brown everywhere.
>>
Archaic.
>>
>Wii version

Atlheast scrub the shitstains before presenting us something OP.
>>
>>335796674
Story
Bad world/character design
no open world fun
repeated boring use of the same areas
barely any quests
wii waggle crap
>>
Waggle
no midna x wolf link sex scene
>>
>>335796739
Pretty much all of these.

At least the combat was fun once you got all of the abilities.
>>
>>335796750
Ocarina is better because it gets to the fucking point.
>>
40 min intro minimum, it's fucking boring

Wolf form is shit and underutilized

Gigantic Overworld, but nothing in it

Wolf form twilight sections.

New, expanded moveset, but no enemies really take use of most of them
>>
Human midna
>>
Wii waggle was bad.

Also my completely subjective view on the matter is, that I prefer 2D Zelda games over 3D
>>
>>335796674
>Wii
>>
Which Zelda has the best gameplay?
>>
>>335796674
the dungeons get easier as the game goes on, the first three are basically the hardest ones the game has to offer, with the last stretch of the game being straight line corridors

too many amazing items that you never use outside of their respective dungeons

zant, what the fuck?
>>
>People think the GC version was good
2 item buttons was a terrible idea, especially when you have the lamp/iron boots passively filling one for the first half of the game.
>>
>>335797156
>Gigantic Overworld, but nothing in it
Biggest problem with the game
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 744x1962) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 744x1962
>>335797217
>flaw
If you say so
>>
>>335797436
Probably MM. It certainly has the most variety and things to do.

It's my favorite for those reasons, anyway.
>>
The intro takes way too fucking long.
>>
File: 1416161022877.png (119 KB, 547x609) Image search: [Google]
1416161022877.png
119 KB, 547x609
>>335796674
Takes too long to get going
Boss battles are very formulaic
The Spinner was a huge letdown outside of the Arbiter's Grounds
Overworld is very big, but very empty
Combat is great in Human Form but makes Wolf Form absolutely awful in comparison (it wouldn't have killed them to give us wolf-versions of hidden skills)
Lol the bad guy was Ganon the whole time!

Combat is fun, dungeons are great and creatively made, weapons are good with a few exceptions, Midna is cool, enemies were actually fun to fight at times like Darknuts and Aeralfos, but the game isn't without its fair share of flaws.

>>335797217
>flaw
Spot the queer
>>
that's easy

>wolf combat sucks and has no variety to it, on top of being forced during the entire game
>wolf """platforming""" is terrible QTE-esque bullshit
>collecting tears of light multiple times is blatant padding
>some items like the spinner barely have an use outside of the dungeon, and it has zero use in combat
>>
>>335797436
Depends on what aspects of the gameplay you're talking about.
>>
wii tp is literally the best version. you fucking gamecube losers need to kill yourselves. gamecube has replaced dreamcast as the meme console. wii u will be the same in 10 years
>>
>>335802458
fuck off
>>
>>335796674
Part-copying from other anons:

Pacing
Bloated intro
Gimmick wolf segments
Unutilised items
Cock-up release on Wii before Gamecube
Too much brown'n'bloom (not the worst offender but clear cut)
Uncanny valley model/skin dichotomy
Boring plot (surprise! it's ganon again)
Zant's breakdown could've been executed better
>>
>>335797559
You know, fuck. Palace of Twilight and Hyrule Castle really were senselessly bland. At least the pre-mirror dungeons had interesting layouts that knotted back on themselves and interesting geometry. Remember the shoot-out in the Mines? That could've been in all the dungeons, just getting more tricky to navigate.

Also I meant "boring plot resolution" here >>335803947

>>335802387
This. I reckon contenders for "general" would still ultimately be ALttP and OoT.
>>
>>335803947
The brown and bloom was fantastic.
>>
Too little to spend rubbies on.

Wolf bug-hunting sections are pretty stupid and completely detatched from the rest of the game.

Gannondorf "twist" was handled poorly.

Too heavily derivative of OoT.
>>
>>335797156
>Gigantic Overworld, but nothing in it
But that's fucking wrong.
As someone who's been marathoning the games recently, I noticed that Twilight Princess easily had more to do and find in its overworld than any other 3D Zelda game.
>>
>>335804632
You mean the bloom was fantastic. The brown was just boring. You want good brown/grey/gritty by Japanese developers, you have Shadow of the Colossus.
>>
>>335804745
Economy is a flaw in the series in general, has been ever since ALttP. One of the biggest things multiple difficulty settings could do for the franchise is making item drops rarer and shop prices dearer.

Nintendo definitely took the backlash against WW too hard and tried to make the game superficially "OoT.2: now looking more like LotR!".
>>
My main beef was the items.

Good designed items have a variety of different uses, both in and out of combat.

The OoT hammer was good for combat, rocks, and switches. The TP Ball and Chain was good for ice blocks, and occasional fun in combat.

Meanwhile, if there isn't a specific place for specific items like the Dominion Rod and Spinner, you have no reason at all to ever take them out.
>>
>People arguing about the games artstyle

Get over it you fucks. Artstyle is fairly subjective and there were no objective flaws in TPs
>>
>>335803947
>Unutilised items
>tfw never get to use dominion rod outside of temple of time, except for moving owl statues

>Boring plot (surprise! it's ganon again)
To be fair, Ganon is the main villain for most Zelda games. It's more of an issue with the series than it is TP (if you even consider it an issue)
>>
>>335796674
everything that wasn't the dungeons

and a couple of the dungeons
>>
>>335805121
I agree with you about the rod and spinner, but I don't necessarily think it's a problem. Those things were a lot of fun when you actually got to use them, so I didn't mind their uses being pretty limited. Plus there were a ton of other items to make up for it.
>>
>>335801440
>>335803947
>>335804745
I will never understand the problem people have with Ganondorf being in Twilight Princess.
He's foreshadowed as fuck very early in the game and it's not surprising that they'd want to use him again in the last branch of the story where there's a loose end they can capitalize on ("what happened to Ganondorf after being arrested).
Were people seriously that attached to Zant being a boring Ganondorf retread in personality?
>>
>>335805167
It is subjective, but that doesn't stop people from disliking it. My subjective opinion is that I don't like the artstyle very much, and so for me it's a flaw.
>>
>>335805369
I don't care that he's in it. I care how he was in it.

It felt like they made a game without gannondorf and then hastily and lazily threw him into it.

It was just handled really stupidly.
>>
>>335805376
Well, people who can't keep out the really subjective parts when complaining about a game don't really have worthwhile options to begin with.
>>
If I was involved with "autism studies" I could write my whole dissertation on why the game was shit today.
>>
For the Wii version? Sub par controls. In general? Not much, maybe the fact that it was trying too hard to be dark. I also didn't enjoy playing as a wolf, although I guess that's more subjective.
>>
>>335805369
They should have just dropped Zant to begin with and had only gannondorf or vice versa.

By trying to force gannondorf in they just ended up creating a game with two shitty villains instead of one decent one.
>>
>>335805369
Hyrule Historia wasn't made until well after TP, and the whole "official timeline" shenanigans weren't exactly a thing until then. I think most people didn't care about the continuity of every game fitting together, since it was more or less implied that every game is the same story retold by a different people or in a different time - the details change, but the themes don't. So when we got a villain that wasn't Ganon for a change, I thought it was a nice change of pace until he shows up again at the end.

That being said, I do like his TP design quite a bit, and the final duel with him was pretty sweet. I just didn't like how he just shows up almost out of nowhere in the last hour of the game.
>>
>>335805470
That's retarded, Ganondorf's presence is fucking huge in TP.
Literally every cutscene involving Zant after his initial introduction goes "WHERE DID ZANT GET HIS POWER" and "MY 'GOD' IS SUPER RAD."
He gets an entire extended cutscene about his backstory and how he came into the plot, an entire dungeon leading up to him saturated in his leitmotif (unless you're somehow under the impression that Hyrule Castle was meant for Zant's fight, rather than the fucking Twilight Palace), and a FOUR PHASE BOSS FIGHT, full of unique assets.
What's more, we were literally told, by Aonuma, like a year away from release, that Ganondorf was going to be a part of TP's plot.
Maybe you don't like how Ganondorf is involved in TP, sure, but acting like they just dropped him in at the last second is just being stupid.
>>
>>335806071
That's exactly what I'm talking about.

Gannondorf had basically zero presence except for a handful of lines of dialogue where he was ONLY implied.

That's how it feels when a character is thrown in at the last second rather than made an actual part of the game.

Compared to TP where he has a constant presence from the very beginning and everything is tied DIRECTLY to him.

Even gannondorf's dungeon felt like a stupidly rushed together mess.
>>
>>335805985
>Hyrule Historia wasn't made until well after TP, and the whole "official timeline" shenanigans weren't exactly a thing until then.
>it was more or less implied that every game is the same story retold by a different people or in a different time - the details change, but the themes don't.
That is some fucking absurd revisionist history if I ever saw it. Nintendo officially acknowledged split timeline hijinks as far back as WW, they basically had to since it was a direct sequel to one of OoT's ending forks.
Leading up to release, they outright stated that TP was going to be a sequel to OoT's other timeline.
>>
>>335806376
Proof on any of those claims? Because you're full of shit.
>>
>>335806369
>Compared to TP
What?
>>
>>335805167
If your sole argument is "I like it", there's a whole load of people who have big issues with it. They can say "We dislike it" louder. Try harder.
>>
>>335805121
>>335805201
I'll share my thoughts again that the Dominion Rod could've easily been used as an enemy controller and added a league of depth to combat. Total missed opportunity.

>>335805369
>>335805201
On Ganon, it's the execution. There was a total deflation of buildup to Zant. The final confrontation blew no-one away.
>>
>>335805985
You should've been on GameFAQs through the 00's. Timeline spec and arguments were RAMPANT.
>>
>>335806071
Okay, but that's just missing another opportunity to expand Zelda's lore. Like we have supernatural beings of darkness invading the world already, who's to say Zant could have found an ACTUAL GOD in the Twilight Realm and used its power to fuck everyone up instead of Ganon's. We've already got eldritch horrors like Majora running around in some far-off dimension, why not use the opportunity to make another and just have it slip out of Zant's control at the end and make a home in Hyrule Castle? Ganon just seemed like a boring choice here.

>>335806376
I'm aware of the fact that some games were supposed to be direct sequels, like Zelda I and II, WW to PH, and OoT to MM, for example, but I don't remember hearing anything related to timelines until Hyrule Historia came along, but that might just be lack of information on my part. I honestly think everything fit better when the overall story was left ambiguous, since reincarnation ensures we always get the same three characters going at it there's nothing that says you couldn't put them in any order and then just stuff a few thousand years between each game to account for the changes in geography/races/setting/technology.
>>
>>335806369
You learn who Ganondorf is and that he must be the one responsible for the plot before the midway point of the game.
That's literally the event that kicks off the second act.
You're acting like Zant dies and then Ganondorf pops out of a closet and goes "BOOOO IT WAS ME ALL ALONG!!"

>>335806464
From a 2002 interview with Gamepro before the release of Wind Waker:
>Aonuma: Oh, right, let me elaborate on that. Ocarina of Time basically has two endings of sorts; one has Link as a child and the other has him as an adult. This game, The Wind Waker, takes place a hundred years after the adult Link defeats Ganon at the end of Ocarina.

From a 2006 interview with Nintendo Dream before the release of Twilight Princess:
>Interviewer: When does Twilight Princess take place?
>Eiji Aonuma: In the world of Ocarina of Time, a hundred and something years later.
>Interviewer: And The Wind Waker?
>Aonuma: The Wind Waker is parallel. In Ocarina of Time, Link flew seven years in time, he beat Ganon and went back to being a kid, remember? Twilight Princess takes place in the world of Ocarina of Time, a hundred and something years after the peace returned to kid Link’s time. In the last scene of Ocarina of Time, kids Link and Zelda have a little talk, and as a consequence of that talk, their relationship with Ganon takes a whole new direction. In the middle of this game [Twilight Princess], there's a scene showing Ganon's execution. It was decided that Ganon be executed because he'd do something outrageous if they left him be. That scene takes place several years after Ocarina of Time. Ganon was sent to another world and now he wants to obtain the power..

The split timeline was not something they only acknowledged with Historia, they were the ones who sparked the debate in the first place.
>>
>>335796980
Ocarina is better because it has a point to get to. Twilight Princess' focus is all over the goddamn place, and ends up actually paying proper attention to nothing at all.
>>
>>335796674
Barren world.
Disjointed story.
Filters.
Delayed for a year and a half for no gains.
>>
>>335806071
Complexity =/= quality
Scale =/= quality
>>
wolf shit
midna
>>
>>335805369
The whole game builds up Zant, not Ganon. Most people did expect Ganon to appear after that totally-not-foreshadowing-what-a-surprise backstory in the Arbiter's Grounds, but Ganon has nothing to do with the story outside of granting Zant some Ganon Juice. He's got no connection to the characters or world, the game just gives up on the bad guy that it had been threatening you with and thinks Ganon is more climactic because he had been before.
>>
>>335807081
Honestly, last-minute "BOO GANONDORF!" would've been more satisfying, rather than acting like it had been built up. At least that'd include a sequel hook, however cheap.
>>
People want to fuck that stupid goblin
>>
>>335807397
The game builds up Zant by explicitly stating "he used to be a fucking chump, how did he get so powerful" and by having Ganondorf use him as a meat puppet.
Did you not find it strange that Zant's tone changes only after his "god" has been revived and left his body? You were always seeing Ganondorf's personality shining through, since the very beginning.
>>
>>335796674
Its is an exclusive
>>
>>335796750
I heard somebody said Ocarina of Time for the 64 was better than 3ds version despite 3ds did everything better.
>>
>>335796674
The game was way too easy.
>>
>>335807869
Nice theory, it'd be a shame if it made more assumptions that similarly-evidenced explanations and thus violated Occam's Razor
>>
Wolf form.
>>
>>335808824
A literal spirit-ball version of Ganon flies up to Zant and goes "I shall house my power in you," and then his personality makes a total 180 and he starts acting just like "Ganon lite". There's hardly an assumption to be made there.
>>
>>335809203
You're selling me on it a bit now, but "the writer's fucked up" remains a strong contender. What changed that allowed Ganondorf to exit Zant? Why was this not showed or highlighted? When everything else is so on the nose, why was this left up to the players to deduce? Making a random thing "mysterious" is no guarantee of improving the plot. Folly pass OR better.
>>
>>335809910
Ganondorf was only using Zant so he could become powerful enough to return to the Light realm in his own body, which he had lost after years of wandering the Twilight Realm. Zant literally states outright that his god has been "reborn" by the time you meet him in the Twilight Palace and that he is no longer within him.
Christ, when was the last time you even played this game?
>>
>>335801440
wolf link is mostly better at fighting than human link. The attacks are stronger and it takes less hits to kill enemies with the wolf field attack than it does with links normal attacks. The mobility you are afforded with the wolf also makes up for a lack of specialized moves.
I spent maybe the first half of the game being in wolf even after I got the master sword and could be a human again. I just found it easier to kill a lot of enemies that way.
If you struggled to with wolf link, you suck at the game.
If you couldn't make the wolf work
>>
>>335810365
I think you missed the point of that post if you thought "when" was the prime issue.
>>
>>335811029
I don't see what could possibly be hard to understand here.
Ganondorf gets thrown into the Twilight Realm, which fucks him up and leaves him as a weird fiery spirit ball. He possesses Zant, who he uses to escape and slowly regenerate his body so he can return to the Light Realm.
>>
>>335805985
>Hyrule Historia wasn't made until well after TP, and the whole "official timeline" shenanigans weren't exactly a thing until then

This is wrong. The official timeline was acknowledged and talked about long before the release of Hyrule Historia, we just didn't know the EXACT order for every game in the series until then.
>>
File: Bugs wtf.png (255 KB, 354x367) Image search: [Google]
Bugs wtf.png
255 KB, 354x367
>>335796674

>No voice acting
>>
File: 132942885117.jpg (106 KB, 554x439) Image search: [Google]
132942885117.jpg
106 KB, 554x439
>>335796674
The only major flaw I had with the game was the overworld and sidequests being so fucking underwhelming. Stellar dungeons are awesome, but I'd also expect stellar side content to come along with that and Twilight Princess simply didn't have it.
>>
File: Daddy.jpg (5 KB, 217x232) Image search: [Google]
Daddy.jpg
5 KB, 217x232
Who is Emily Rogers and what does she do?
>>
>>335811418
Now you're shifting to completely different things that weren't even in question. Stop looking for evidence for your notion, and start looking for evidence against it.
>>
>>335812768
The question was "What changed" and the answer was "he was ready to be reborn." This isn't subtext or anything, the game literally says this.
Seriously, what the fuck do you want from me?
>>
>>335813157
>What changed?
>he changed
Gee whiz, so much was answered. What exactly made Ganondorf ready to be reborn then, that wasn't so already? How did it relate to Link and Midna's actions, or the events of the game, at all? How are we meant to care about some invisible timer that's never introduced?
>Seriously, what the fuck do you want from me?
Discussion, explanations for your own arguments, a good attitude.
>>
-Wagglan
-Mirrored
-Right-handed Link
>>
>>335797436

Squidward Sword

Anyone else telling you different is a contrarian hipster.
>>
>>335797436
Twilight Princess

best swordplay at the least
>>
Hidden Arts were great, but because most were optional, they didn't balance the game around them. This made them feel underutilised or overpowered, depending on the situation.
>>
>>335796674
Midna's tight little body is too perfect
>>
File: 1460279936611.jpg (23 KB, 403x403) Image search: [Google]
1460279936611.jpg
23 KB, 403x403
>>335814537
>implying contrarian hipsters aren't the ones who LIKE Shitward Sword
>>
>>335813753
Okay, now you're just asking for a bunch of totally arbitrary qualifiers.
Ganondorf no longer had a body in the Twilight Realm, so he leeched off of Zant's life force until he could restore himself completely, which happens while you're collecting the Mirror of Twilight pieces.

I don't know why you're being so difficult about this, this isn't some abstract concept. It's like asking "why doesn't an egg just hatch right away?"
>>
>>335797436
If you're boring and want a balance of everything, Ocarina of Time.

If you like exploration and side content, Majora's Mask and Wind Waker are good choices.

If you like dungeons, go with Twilight Princess.

If you hate your life, Squidward Sword.
>>
>>335796674

It's not the Gamecube version.
>>
Awful animation.
Empty overworld that isn't that big, even by 2006 standards.
Generally forgettable soundtrack.
Mediocre story, even though it's one of the better zelda stories.
Combat is so brainded easy, they might as well have removed it altogether.
Lackluster, pushover bossfights.

There are probably others, these were only on the top of my mind. That said, I enjoyed the game, but it's a 6/10 at best.
>>
>>335815278
No, I'm asking for coherency from the story. It's great that Ganondorf is using Zant, but it is never impressed on the player that they, eg/ need to act quickly before Ganondorf is strong enough to revive, or Ganondorf is stealing light while Zant is in reality, or Zelda needs protecting or else her essence will be used to power Ganon.

These are all plausible connectors in the plot - in fact, that last would make that scene where Zelda mysteriously dissolves considerably heavier, as Zelda would be accepting the cost of speeding up Ganon's ressurrection for Midna's sake.

Instead, the story acts like Ganon's ressurection is not only inevitable, but not even interesting. It's Zant with mysterious power, then Zant with Ganon's power, then ??? then Ganon and Zant's useless, no addressal. This isn't good writing.

That example about the egg is completely backwards. It's like the story has this big mystery about what an egg is going to hatch into, and then suddenly the hero is fighting the monster that hatched out of the egg. The audience is going "what, no hatching sequence?", the very opposite of waiting the egg to "hatch already".
>>
>>335816129
I meant to include, the ??? is like the Underpant Gnome's plot from South Park. It's a non-plot, a trail that leads to nowhere. Like Marx and how to implement communism.
>>
>>335796674
Marble mini game.
>>
>>335797228
>Wii waggle was bad.
Idiot spotted.
>>
>>335796674
it is better you ignore the wallets than to attempt to grab the bugs for agitha or build the malo mart. rupees means jack squat.
>>
>>335816129
Okay. I'm going to break down TP's plot as simply for you as I possibly can.

Ganondorf gets banished to the Twilight Realm, which strips him of his body.

Ganondorf possesses Zant to do his bidding while he regenerates.

Zant/Ganondorf (Zanondorf) curses Midna, warps into Hyrule, and covers everything in Twilight. Zelda is rendered captive, but protected from Ganon's power by the Triforce of Wisdom.

Midna tries to collect the Fused Shadows in order to take them on and recruits Link to help her.

Zanondorf steals the fused shadows and has Midna poisoned by light exposure, but they're whisked away before he can finish the job.

Zelda gives Midna her spirit/Triforce piece, which removes her protection from Ganon, who immediately pulls her and Hyrule Castle itself back under a Twilight Barrier. Later on, we learn from the sages that this is where Ganondorf has been accumulating power over the second half of the game.

They can't break the barrier without the Fused Shadows (and they really need to kill Zant anyway), so they have to chase him down after he retreats into the Twilight Realm.

Once they finally catch up with him, he taunts them by saying they're too late and that Ganondorf is fully revived, but they beat his shit in and return to Hyrule to finish the job.

So what are you still having trouble understanding?
>>
>>335804820
>more than wind waker
come on anon, really? i'll p much agree with you on all the rest, but that's just incorrect
>>
>>335797436
I really like WWHD's gameplay, but the replay value is ass because there are so few decent optional islands, and most of the dungeons kind of suck. Like, the idea of Wind Waker is perfect, but the execution was way off. Still like an 8.5 for me, honestly. That said, MM.
>>
File: 4-5.png (54 KB, 225x268) Image search: [Google]
4-5.png
54 KB, 225x268
>Just finished TP
Should I keep emulating GC games and play Wind Waker next or should i get ready to deal with motion controls and play Skyward Sword?
>>
>>335818531
If Zelda gave away the Triforce of Wisdom, what would Ganondorf do with her? Was she needed to erect the barrier around the castle? If so how? This isn't a huge point because Hyrulian royals have special light power stuff.

If that stuff holds up, then the narrative just about holds together. The "Zelda allows Ganondorf leeway in order to revive Midna" notion I suggested actually happened, and the moment Zelda relinquished her power, Ganon left Zant to hang out inside the barrier and rebuild strength. Of course, if I recall this all occurs before the encounter in the Arbiter's Grounds, where Zant behaves largely as-usual and displays big powers. Another whatever really.

This is brushed upon in the game, albeit clumsily. It's a mark against it, but more like a C grade than an E.

If you had brought up the barrier earlier rather than being a snot, this conversation could've been far more productive thus far.
>>
>>335796739
Is there a single 3D Zelda with good exploration?
>>
>>335805110
WW has a decent economy, actually. COuld've used even more, but you could hold up to 5000 rupees eventually and for a little while, you actually have ~1000 rupee items to spend them on, with bait and auctions to spend them on in between. They actually were really headed in the right direction as far as making rupees worth something, shame they went back to their old ways afterward.
>>
after 20 minutes of playing
PRESS A TO JUMP BRANCH TO BRANCH
SHITTY SOUNDTRACK
EASY ASS GAMEPLAY
LITTLE TINY AREAS WHEN OBLIVION IS SUCH A HUGE FUCKING WORLD.
HAND HOLDING THROUGH OUT THE WHOLE DAMN THING

3/10 GAME AT MOST
>>
Although I enjoyed alot of the boss fights they felt a bit easy. Also some of the music they had playing for a few of theme felt underwelming; Darnut, those flying lizards with the sheids you clawshot, and Agnork being some that stuck out for me
>>
>>335819402
Technically speaking, all Zant does at the Arbiter's Grounds is show up, make a vague threat, and then put a big magic sword in Stallord's head so he can immediately run away, without even attempting to stick around to see if it actually kills Link.
Zant goes from being willing to try and kill Link and Midna while they're in possession of the Fused Shadows to not even wanting to stay in the same room for longer than necessary while he holds all of the cards.
>>
>>335819720
Fairly put.

>>335819581
The auctions were a good feature, as was Beedle's shops. I'll need to think about whether Tingle's maps were a pro or con to WW's economy.
>>
this looks 10 times better and seems to be developed better than the whole neo nintendo zelda team combined

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgbGgtq-NMc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH3rNFUEU3E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d100lwy3NVA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPKXkv5kbR0

Fuck neo nintendo for betraying their fans.
>>
>>335819402
If you're actually the same person who wrote >>335808824 then I don't think you're in a position to be calling anyone else "a snot".
>>
Midna as a whole
>>
>>335819927
Kind of depends on how you play. If you go explore the entire map and do everything before getting the maps deciphered, or if you do them slowly one at a time, you should be alright. The big issue is that your first time playing, you won't know that you're gonna have to spend like 400 rupees a few times to get to the end. Once you've played through once, you can plan it out and it's not bad at all. But having no indication it was coming the first time probably pissed a lot of people off.
>>
>>335819931
>dropping a Hyrule Warriors model into an OoT/aLttP environment slapped together from default UE4 assets
>"better developed"
>>
>>335820430
1 man did this

The whole team at neo nintendo cannot make this game as solid as this is.
>>
>>335804820
>As someone who's been marathoning the games recently

Apparently you haven't, because MM, TWW, and even SS beat TP in general side content so much it's not even fucking funny.
>>
>>335820048
You've got alien fucking sensibilities if you think the little immature displays around/at the start/ends of >>335818531, >>335815278, >>335813157, >>335811418 & >>335810365 strike you as less snotty than a gag.
>>
>>335821610
>YOU FUCKED UP
YOU FUCKED UP
>YOU FUCKED UP
YOU FUCKED UP
>>
File: 1453373565097.png (259 KB, 353x290) Image search: [Google]
1453373565097.png
259 KB, 353x290
>>335810539
>implying
Wolf Link was good at killing Redeads and Poes until you realize that Bomb Arrows and the Ball and Chain fuck Redeads up without risk. That's fucking it. That's the ONE thing that Wolf Link is good at, and Poes are a useless collectible anyway.

Human Link has the Back Slice, the best attack at dealing with Darknuts, the Helm Splitter, the best attack at dealing with Lizalfos and Dinofols, and the Mortal Draw, which is a one-shot on anything you can land it on, which should be most things. You also get a shield, which is a big fucking deal, and access to items that deal specifically with certain enemies, like the Gale Boomerang being able to sever Deku Baba stems, or the Clawshots being able to disarm Helmasaurs. The issue wasn't whether people could make Wolf Link work (they could, it was easy) it's that Wolf Link is FUCKING BORING and has fewer options than human Link and basically reduces gameplay to either "hold b for big energy field" or "waggle the remote to do a couple lunging bites". Wolf combat was bad because it felt awful, not because it was impossible to use.
>>
>>335815667
>Empty overworld that isn't that big, even by 2006 standards.

This. I've played games with overworlds that were much bigger than TP's before TP was even released.

It only takes about 2-3 minutes to cross the entire map on horseback.
>>
#1: Waggling
#2: Bland
#3: Forgettable

Twilight Princess made me move on from Zelda so I avoided Skyward. Thanks Twilight.
>>
>>335816530
And its you.
>>
>>335796674
the starting farming missions. holy crap I got this game + wii day one and for a while i almost felt like i regretted my purchase. i remember legitimately passing out because the beginning of the game was unbelievable BORING.
>>
>>335819453
Zelda U
also all of then
Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.