[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which system is the better investment?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: xbox-one-vs-ps4-970-80.jpg (35 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
xbox-one-vs-ps4-970-80.jpg
35 KB, 900x506
Which system is the better investment?
>>
PC
>>
These are consoles, not stocks.
>>
Vita, best 2016 lineup hands down
>>
>>335796097
Tee-hee
>>
>>335794918
Do you want Halo 5 or Bloodborne?
>>
PC obviously
>>
A PC. If you already own one, another PC.
>>
>>335796097
>>335796771
>>335797386
PC has no games

>>335794918
Get a PS4.
>>
Going to be a bit serious here. PS4 if you like imports. And if not, Xbone would be the better choice if no PS4 exclusive title catches your eye. Xbone, while use to being somewhat of a joke, improved greatly over the years. Free backwards compatability unlike the PS4 for starters.
>>
File: 1447035712011.webm (2 MB, 814x1080) Image search: [Google]
1447035712011.webm
2 MB, 814x1080
>>
>>335794918

I own both.

The Xbone is the worst console I have ever owned, and I have owned a lot of consoles. Last year I bought like 2 games for the Xbone, I haven't bought one this year and don't plan on buying any either.

The PS4 isn't amazing and still needs a lot more games, but it's still a lot better than the Xbone. Last year I bought 5 PS4 games, have bought 2 this year and plan on buying 3-4 more.

I'm someone who buys consoles for the games. For me PS4 has been the better option, but if I can I'll buy games on PC first.
>>
>>335797687

>backwards compatibility

Yeah, ps4 has that they are called remasters and they look and play better than originals.
>>
>>335797687
>>335797706
tl;dr your mileage may very depending on what you actually like.
>>
>>335798024
Yeah, but can't put in your PS3 disc in your PS4 and play your PS3 games. You have to rent them. Even if you bought the full games on the PSN.
>>
>>335798172
You can't with Xbone either.
>>
>>335797552
It has game desu
And PS4 doesn't have Microsoft Office and Adobe Photoshop
>>
>>335798265
Yes you can.
>>
>>335798265
Xbone does have backwards compatibility
>>
>>335798086

The only advantage Xbone has is backwards comparability. But what most people fail to mention is that it's a small pool of mostly indie shit with a few of the most popular Xbox 360 games thrown in (150 or so total) and most of them run worse than they did on the Xbox 360.
You're not missing anything at the moment.
>>
>>335798363
>>335798370
No, Xbone can't play PS3 games
>>
>>335798426
The only game I own that runs bad on the Xbone is Halo Reach. But then again Microsoft rushed it. Xbone also can have your other consoles hooked into it and play them like that. Have my PS4 hooked into mine.
>>
>>335794918
Buy both
>>
PC is the best gaming platform. When a multiplatform game is available for PC then always get the PC version.

But if you can't afford a decent gaming PC then consoles might be your only option. You look over which of the two has the most exclusives that you want to play and go for that. If you are into Halo and your friends play online games with an Xbox One then go for that. If you want to play through bloodborne and like Uncharted then get a PS4.

Excluded the Wii U because it doesn't get multiplats and should not be considered your primary gaming platform. It's a companion console if you're really into Nintendo. Same can be said of the PS4 if you do have a good gaming PC but want to play it's exclusives. If your PC has Windows 10 then you don't really ever need an XB1. Though you should checkout their controllers for PC. If you have the money the elite controller feels like a dream.
>>
>>335798485
Uh,duh.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.