[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we get an early morning Grim Dawn thread? Can we talk about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 2
File: Untitled.jpg (696 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
696 KB, 1920x1080
Can we get an early morning Grim Dawn thread? Can we talk about this game?

Post builds you're enjoying or working on.
Post items you want/need.
Post lore.

Post anything related to the game and let us discuss this.
>>
Welp I'm likely at page 10 by now.
>>
>>335791049
>early morning
where are you from, seppo cunt
>>
>>335791049
My HC Druid died yesterday so I'm taking a break form the game to soothe my buttmad.
>>
ded on arrival
>>
>>335792701
I'm from America, friend. Specifically, CST.

>>335792763
>HC
Nah, son. I've actually started a generic super-tanky retaliation sword-n-board Warder on HC but that's the only thing I would play on HC.
>>
>>335792847
What are you, casul?
>>
>>335792920
he is a seppo cunt
>>
>>335791049
Haven't played much since I got to Ultimate, but I've racked up about 260 hours playing different characters. Mostly just waiting for the new patch for more content.
>>
Any word on when they're making the expansion?
>>
>>335792920
If you want to interpret it that way.

>>335793017
I wonder when it'll even release and what kind of specific content (besides the basic things they have said) will be included.

>>335793086
No idea, boss. I think they said they were going to take a break of a few months to iron out release stuff like polishing, bugs, etc etc, but then again, we're getting that free content update sometime soon-ish maybe so who knows.
>>
>>335793172
To be honest I played GD so much I got burnt out, so I'm not bothered waiting for the patch. I wanted to level a sword-and-board soldier but I was finding the levelling process so tedious with them compared to Shaman and Demolitionist.
>>
>>335793360
Word. I've got 358 hours myself. Not all of that is strictly playing but I do have several different characters as well that I'm now working on trying to level. And getting sidetracked with others and so on. Joy.
>>
I just want a gunslinger class and a necromancer class.

Is that too much to ask?
>>
>>335791049
Great fucking game. Have a server playing with 4 friends. Magic builds compliment melee builds fantastically. Honestly better than Diablo.
>>
>>335793576
Necromancer will probably be one of, if not the, first additional Mastery created since the main head of the game wants one.

>>335793589
Ye it's baller.
>>
rip
>>
>tfw too many build ideas
>>
>playing gd when tq exists
>>
>>335795412
Yeah. Why not, nigga?
>>
>>335795412
GD is pretty much a straight upgrade from TQ so I don't really follow your logic.
>>
>>335795553
because it's worse

>>335795571
*downgrade
>>
>>335795642
You are entitled to your opinion, friend.
>>
>>335795703
*facts
>>
>>335795642
>>335795779
Do ypu have any actual arguments why you prefer TQ or are you just here to shitpost?
>>
>>335795865
He is clearly here to shitpost. At least it bumps the thread. Not much use else for his presence ITT.
>>
>>335795865
>he doesn't agree with me so he is shitposting
shhh everyone has a guilty pleasure
>>
>>335795967
If you're just complaining for the sake of being contrary, without any reasons or arguments, that's shitposting.
>>
>>335796239
Don't argue with it, baka.
>>
>>335796239
if you're using a strawman you're shitposting.
>>
rip again
>>
quick, post builds
>>
>>335798430
Well my main ones are a
>Dual-wield Fire Pistol Wizard (Ultimate)
>Dual-wield melee bleed build (Elite)
And then low leveled/still in Veteran are
>TSS and Devastation caster (leveling with TSS and OFF atm, shit's bananas)
>Primal Strike lightning Warder
>Sword-n-board retaliation tank man
And at some point I'd like to level a poison build and a Callidor's Tempest build.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>nobody else posts builds
;_;
>>
I played a good few hundred hours of TQ
I liked it, tried out a load of characters/builds but could never finish it because it got really tedious/repetitive/boring after a while
I think the furthest I got was somewhere in china
I've looked at GD but not sure if its worth a buy
Any recommendations?
>>
>>335800896
If you like the genre then you'll enjoy the game. I don't believe that GD is anywhere near as long as TQ in terms of a start-to-finish run through of one difficulty--at least it doesn't feel that way--and the environments are definitely more varied.
>>
File: 20160415000856_1.jpg (498 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160415000856_1.jpg
498 KB, 1920x1080
>>335798430
>>335799602

Pure cold caster with OFF/TSS/Wind Devil. Tanky as all fuck but good luck killing anything that's immune to freeze.
>>
I'm still trying to get the game to stop loathing my 800 dollar Radeon card. Fuck me.

I've tried just about everything to get Grim Dawn to run well on this machine, including the 4GB patcher, but it doesn't seem to matter what I do.

If I get even 15 enemies or so on screen doing ANYTHING, the framerate just fucking tanks, my specs be damned. For a little while, I got to play the game on an older PC with a GPU that was six years out of date, and it ran BEAUTIFULLY, no need for any fucking around at all. Max settings across the board, 60 FPS LOCKED.

Does anybody have more tips I could attempt? I've been looking through forums and the community site for weeks now.
>>
>>335791049
>I'm still trying to get the game to stop loathing my 800 dollar Radeon card. Fuck me.
>
>I've tried just about everything to get Grim Dawn to run well on this machine, including the 4GB patcher, but it doesn't seem to matter what I do.
>
>If I get even 15 enemies or so on screen doing ANYTHING, the framerate just fucking tanks, my specs be damned. For a little while, I got to play the game on an older PC with a GPU that was six years out of date, and it ran BEAUTIFULLY, no need for any fucking around at all. Max settings across the board, 60 FPS LOCKED.
>
>Does anybody have more tips I could attempt? I've been looking through forums and the community site for weeks now.

Conform. Get Nvidia
>>
>>335801204
Yep I noticed that too when leveling my cold guy. I drop TSS and hope things work out.

>>335801535
I don't have a top-of-the-line build or anything but my setup is above what is needed for GD and I still get FPS drops like mad, too. Honestly aggravating shit and half the drops don't even make sense (stopping my character (from running), mousing over a drop, items dropping period, etc.)
>>
>>335799602

Sorry, friendo. I'm >>335801535 and all of my characters were nuked when my previous machine ate shit. I've been trying to get characters going again, but the performance issues I deal with just aggravate me too much to sit down and play the game.

I had a 70 Blademaster that was pretty good, and the furthest I ever got with a single character. My gear was tragically out of date, but it still did the job quite satisfactorily. Blade Spirit is a great fire-and-forget source of damage, even at 1 point thanks to scaling from damage bonuses and all that.

I want to try out a physical oriented Warder, too. I had a Lightning-focused Warder that was level 40 or so, but found that compared to my Blademaster at the same level, its damage was laughable even though it would routinely hit for 8,000+ damage per hit with Savagery alone.

Meanwhile, Blademaster was hitting for 3-4k, but so goddamn fast, and with so many weapon pool skills, that it blew my Warder out into space.
>>
>>335801535

I'm running it on an R9 280x with no issues whatsoever. No idea what could be the issue. Check if your setting aren't being overwritten by radeon settings.
>>
>>335801765

The old card I mentioned was a Radeon, too, though. It was just old.

>>335801932

Aggravating really is the word for it. There's no good reason for any of it, but here we are. I get outright hang-ups from time to time while just exploring and it makes me want to tear my hair out.

It has nothing at all to do with the graphics settings, either. Even dropping absolutely everything to off or low will result in no change, and the same applies to max settings. The issues are totally segregated from it, which is why I've been trying so hard to find the magical tweak that will suddenly make the game realize it's fucking retarded and has the resources available to sort itself out.
>>
>>335802465

Then it's prob your hdd dying or background processes eating up all your memory.
>>
>>335802309

I had a profile for the game at one point, and specifically instructed it to let the game control all the settings based on indicated preferences. Then, I read that having a profile established for the game can actually cause issues with it regardless; so I just deleted it.

On the other hand, some people had better results when the profile was established and handed control to the application, which is why I originally made it.
>>
>>335802069
Ouch. I don't know what I would do if I somehow lost all of my characters. Probably stop playing. Eesh.

Yea my bleed Trickster right now makes things absolutely fucking melt (as long as it isn't a goddamn Aetherial or skeleton.) My ranged dual-wield guy clears faster I think but he is about twelve levels higher and has a few legendaries. Still, beats me as to why ranged is always inferior to melee regarding GD builds.

>>335802465
Right. Becomes grating after a while. I know there were some issues with having cloud saving on, and something else somewhat related maybe that were related to FPS drops but changing them or turning them off never fixed my issues either.

It's so fucking temperamental.
>>
>>335802593

I have 24GB of RAM, and the machine is brand new. I seriously doubt the HDD is eating shit.

I get the same issue in Dragon's Dogma, as do a huge number of people, with framerates just eating shit while in specific locations, usually towns with a large number of NPCs idling around, and the FPS only dips while moving the camera.

Grim Dawn has an extremely finicky window of optimal performance, and older hardware falls into it much more easily than newer. All of my buddies I play the game with run older builds, and none of them have even one of my issues, just as I had no problems when I played with a nearly decade old machine.

Now, with this new box I bought to start upgrading with, it's just been headaches. No wonder I'm such a consoleclown. I clearly have no idea what I'm doing.

>>335802694

I really like the game, so I'm entirely willing to stick out and just get back to where I was, much as I'm sad to lose six Legendary items I had in storage.

I have yet to really build a satisfying ranged character, though I do like them in hack and slash games. I was going to try a Knife throwing Spellbreaker, but I'm not sure it's still viable with all the updates.
>>
>>335803471
>24GB of RAM
What the dick are you using your rig for that needs that much?
>>
>>335803471
I do too but damn that is a shitload of progress to lose spread across X amount of characters. At least legendary drops were improved so they do drop a whole helluva lot more now compared to how they used to be.
>>
>>335803749

It was just cheap, and I had enough space to throw that shit in, so why not? That was literally my thought process. I have a tendency to overcompensate because I predict I'll have problems, just like right now.

As you can see, my precautions do not often bear fruit.

I don't want to completely derail the thread with my woes, though, so anybody got experience with a Witchblade? I ran one to level 40 or so once, but it just performed acceptably. That was pre-devotions, though, so it's likely a bit different now.

On the other hand, Cadence is no longer as viable as it was thanks to Discord being changed over to Elemental damage instead of Chaos damage, making it more beneficial to Arcanist, Shaman, and Demolitionist sub-types now. I have no idea what to do to increase melee damage satisfactorily, other than just using Cadence without the benefit of Discord and doing without.
>>
>>335803825

>they do drop a whole helluva lot more now

Speaking of legendary drops, they start dropping at 50 but do ALL of them drop from 50 onwards? Set items included that usually need lvl 75 too? Or do you need to be past those certain thresholds for them to drop?
>>
>>335803825

About 240 hours, yeah. A lot of it was experimentation throughout the development period, though, so it was only when the game finally released and I got that Blademaster to 70 that I really made solid progress in the content of the game.
>>
>>335804221
>I don't want to completely derail the thread with my woes
Meh don't worry, it would likely die otherwise since this is a tough game to generate discussion toward.

I personally have no experience with a Witchblade but from the build compendium thread they seem more gauged toward chaos/vit melee builds.

Savagery is great for melee damage.

>>335804287
As far as I know, yeah. I think you would likely get higher-leveled drops depending on the mob. And drop rates may be a bit bugged or something; I've had a legendary drop on a level 49 character once. No idea why.

>>335804393
A lot of mine is from beta too. Got gifted the game not very long before SoT was implemented and the level cap was 25, IIRC. Fun times.
>>
>>335804619

Yeah, Chaos and Vitality damage is primarily what you're shooting for. I haven't tried a melee Conjurer yet, but there are weapons that exist for it, like the Scythe of Tenebris. That thing is fucking insane. Used to have one. Over 200% increased Chaos Damage on a single piece of gear, holy shit.

They said I could be anything, so I became WENDIGO.

I remember the level 25 cap. I had seven different characters all tooled up about as good as it got back then. I remember when Splinter Shot or whatever for Demolitionist was attainable around that range. Now it's a 50 point Mastery bonus.
>>
>>335805132
My ranged Fire pistol wizard has a good chunk of Chaos and Vitality damage too, mainly Chaos. Everything dies in a blaze of purple fire.

Wendigo Totem is nice on my Trickster. Only way I can stay alive anywhere as long as I do.
>>
>>335805337

What devotion path do you typically go for when trying to hit Chaos Damage/Defensive benefits? I haven't done a lot of sitting down and looking at the flow for getting the Devotions unlocked in a helpful way during advancement just yet.
>>
>>335806305
I'm the wrong person to ask because I'm completely retarded when it comes to creating my own builds.

This is the ranged build I was talking about if you'd like to look through the Devotion options chosen: http://grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31535
>>
When are they releasing the modding tools?
>>
>>335791049
>they've still not sent me a DRM free copy even though I bought from the site before launch

Getting pretty pissed off here desu senpai
>>
>>335806673
Soon. There are multiple Grim Dawn Misadventures threads about it.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.