[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best tales game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 235
Thread images: 59
File: togf-us-box-art-full.jpg (906 KB, 1565x1829) Image search: [Google]
togf-us-box-art-full.jpg
906 KB, 1565x1829
What's the best tales game?
>>
GC version of Symphonia
>>
Also why is the series going to shit?
>>
>>335783494
Symphonia for the gamecube

>>335783584
Baba
>>
>>335783621
>>335783579
I haven't played them all but the more I play the more I'm thinking that's true.
>>
>>335783494
Arguably Vesperia. Graces has fun combat, but as soon as you master it you will never get hit again and can stun lock bosses even when they are in eleth mode.

Personal favorite is either Hearts non-R or Abyss.
>>
>>335783584
Baba. That's why I assume Berseria will be at least better than zestiria since he isn't the main producer.
>>
>>335783641
Same. I'm just play Vesperia and I'v got to say if the teammates ai was any worse i would just solo every fight.
Well except vesperia is the hardest tales game I'v played.
>>
>>335783494
The Abyss
>>
>>335783671
Graces story felt like a copy of vesperia's. Most big story/setting elements in vesperia has a nearly identical counterpart in Graces. Really disappointing. I think graces had some of the best characters in the series though.

>>335783772
some of the bosses were way way harder than the enemies in their area. That shit threw me
>>
>>335783830
>I think graces had some of the best characters in the series though.
I hope you're not counting Asbel into that statement.
>>
Never played a Tales game so I might as well get some recommendations here. My friend tells me to start with Tales of Symphonia: Chronicles for the PS3 (supposedly the PC version is a bad port). Is that good advice?
>>
>>335783963
Yes.
Don't play DotNW tho.
Then go to abyss then vesperia.
>>
>>335783963
He's right. Most people starting with the newer games have a hard time adapting to symphonia gameplay which is the gateway between the old 2D and new 3D.
>>
>>335783494
Graces is pretty good. I don't get the hate for it.
>>
>>335784069
Story and Asbel is pretty shit. At least it's not Tempest. Fuck Tempest.
>>
>>335784069
Story is shit
>>
>>335783963
its a good starting point but they are like final fantasy in the way that they are all different
graces is totally different from xillia

if you enjoy the series and get to zestiria get the pc version, i have it on ps3 and the camera in battle is atrocious
pc version might have a mod to fix it
>>
>>335784143
>>335784171
You guys are acting like any Tales stories is good. All Tales story is pretty shit.
>>
>>335783962
Asbel isn't that bad. He makes the game pretty shonen but he's nowhere near as hatable as pascal, raven, everyone in dawn of the new world, etc. I'm going through the games chronologically and I'm expecting worse out of some of the next protagonists

>>335783963
The ps3 port is ugly but cheap and accessible. Definitely worth getting.

>>335784036
ToS is pretty fast at least. Vesperia had shittier gameplay imo, granted I know that some people who are really good can whup ass with vesperia's combo system

>>335784069
From what I heard about it I was expecting way more sci-fi. It ended up being super conventional mostly but the sci-fi parts were great. Overall kinda disappointed
>>
>>335784007
>>335784036
Thanks, Anons. There's a compilation including Symphonia and Graces F for about the same price. Is Graces worth playing at some point?

Also, Abyss is on 3DS, correct? Does it control well on a handheld, or should I get the PS2 version?
>>
>>335784324
Graces is pretty good. Go for the bundle.
>>
>>335784236
There is meh, and then there is shit. Graces' story is shit, while most other are meh. Vesperia is okay but nothing game changing.

>>335784324
Despite me saying graces story is shit, it's still worth playing for one of the more fast paced combat in the series and some hilarious skits.

And yes, Abyss is on the 3DS, but I'd rather recommend PS2 emulation.
>>
I really loved Graces. I know why people don't like it and I think the complaints are valid, I just happened to really enjoy the game.

To answer the question, I think Vesperia. Still need to really ait down and finish Abyss sometime though.
>>
>>335783962
Sophie makes up for Asbel.
>>
>>335784309
>Vesperia had shittier gameplay imo, granted I know that some people who are really good can whup ass with vesperia's combo system
Depends on what you see as good. Vesperia has better control, linking and limit is fucking broken.
Symphonia is pretty slow and no control over the 3D environment makes some battles a little stupid, but they are still manageable. It keeps the spirit of the older games even with the 3D.

I also liked Pascal and Raven. Pascal for being unique (I can't remember a single character being like her), but also funny likeable. I liked Raven. He, Yuri and Rita were my personal favorites in the game. Patti was kind of weird.

>>335784535
True. I liked the cast in general in graces. But Asbel was really annoying and since you had to deal with him at all time as the main character made him a bit unbearable.

TL;DR Graces is a hate love relationship with me.
>>
>>335783772
I guess you haven't played any of the newer titles? Xillia1&2 and Zestiria AI is driving me nuts. Doesn't help, that you only have one strategy setting, so you can switch. Seriously, what the fuck is that? Why would you gut such a crucial and simple aspect of a game series, it makes no sense.
Not that Tales AI was any good to begin with. Estelle went into the front line just as much as Raine for no reason. It makes Mint look like a good AI, which is just sad. Sure it's 2D, but that shouldn't happen.
>>
>abyss is not on PS store
>ps3 vesperia will never be released in the west.
>>
>>335783772
Eternia is the hardest one I've played. Some of the bosses were pure bullshit vs. the level you fight them. I legitimately were stuck on the final boss for four hours.
>>
>>335784864
xillia ai is fine just set to link often and support the rear with watch hp and tp

symphonia on the other hand is a different story
>>
i thought zestiria was ok except for the bullshit final boss. the parts where you had to stun him before he instakilled your whole party made me want to throw my controller across the room. it was the first time i ever switched the difficulty to easy in a tales game.
>>
>>335786461
Zestiria was okay other than the story and Sorey. Gameplay wasn't bad, but it didn't bring anything new either other than armatize. Upgrading weapons were also a hassle.
>>
>>335786461
Is the normal final boss supposed to be hard?. I just play normally and I beat him easily without any gameover. As for the true final boss I did cheese hem using almatized Mikleo
>>
File: 1461791469362.gif (150 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1461791469362.gif
150 KB, 500x333
>>335783579
>>335783621

Symphonia babbies at full force

just because your lazy copypasted Eternia+phantasia with horribad outdated graphics and shit models was your first tales doesn't mean you have to ruin the series for the rest of us.

Hearts R / Vesperia / Destiny R / Abyss / etc and even graces are overall much more enjoyable games (unless you think running and pressing one button 4 times into sword rain for 60 hours is fun gameplay)

>b..but the gameplay isnt so bad

if you are going to pull that card on me, fine, Abyss. Eternia, even Vesperia can suffer from the same syndrome, but at least they have better stories, soundtracks and graphical presentations.

Symphonia is that annoying stain on the series we will never get rid off.
>>
>>335787418
TL;DR
>>
>>335787538
TL;DR He hates symphonia because it's popular.

While I agree it has flaws, it's far from an annoying stain on the series. It also has some of the better telling story in the series. It's at some level consistent.
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (13 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
13 KB, 320x180
Fuck those old games. Lets just discuss Berseria baby
>>
Tales of Phantasia.

Narrative wise, it's probably the most solid in the series.

Combat wise, it's shit. But that's to be expected of a fucking SNES era ARPG.
>>
>>335783579
Dreamcast version
>>
>>335784864
My problem with the ai isn't because the healer tries to 1v1 bosses.
It's more about how you have to stay on top of their reckless item consumption and arte usage.
Karol and Repede blow through mp like it's going out of style.
In most tales games the ai will go attack, attack, attack, arte, run away. but in vesperia the ai goes arte, run away or attack arte arte run away and instead of attacking the enemy to regain mp they try to munch on your gels that are specifically for Estelle or Rita or take a hit and try to munch a melangle gel.
A teammate dies.
Karol wants to use life bottle
LB
Estelle wants to use life bottle
LB
Also Estelle can't seem to heal properly. She will heal a Karol with 75% hp over a Rita with 50% hp. Does she judge off point loss or percentage?
>>
>>335787418
> thinks phantasia wasn't revolutionary
> did live audio on a super famicom
>>
>>335784864
Xillia1&2 weren't so bad.

Zestiria were fucking awful and hard to control if you wanted to use fusion effectively.

abyss still has the best IA in the series.
>>
>>335783494
Gameplay : Tales of Eternia
Other : Tales of the Abyss
>>
>>335788089
cant you just tell the IA not to use items and do it yourself. also, disable the melee arts so the spell casters stay the fuck back when you tell them too.
>>
>>335783494
Your first Tales game
>>
>>335787418
I don't even bother trying to reason that people go Symphonia/Abyss when someone ask for the best Tales.
In /v/land "the best" usually translates to "my first" for some reason.
>>335787975
It is? Plenty of people complain about Dhaos characterization.
In reality, the book that was used as basis for TOP, Tale Phantasia, has three arcs and Tales of Phantasia is just the second arc.
The first arc has Dhaos bonding with a girl and things going to shit, which would explain why he is such jerkass towards humans during Phantasia.
This is not present in any game, but I think there is a short novel with a similar scenario.
>>
Berseria looks great so far. Might be the first GOOD Tales since Vesperia.
>>
>>335788254
Zestiria's fusion combos were wonky because they just don't flow.
Iron curtain into rock throw was a horrible idea.
>>
>>335788089
As that other anon said, disable items during regular fights, manage them yourself. Luckily in endgame Vesperia (or Tales in general) you don't have any TP problems anymore if you use a final symbol. Or you use PS3 Rita with wondersymbol and see how much you can stay in overlimit. Thanks to Patty, overlimit is more of a normal state anyway.
>>
All Tales games are mediocre, except Legendia which is mediocre but with the best fucking soundtrack on earth.

What a fucking waste when you think about it, guy could've made the OST for Final Fantasy 12 or something and gained eternal fame but no. Tales of.
>>
File: 1450451216914.png (848 KB, 1792x1084) Image search: [Google]
1450451216914.png
848 KB, 1792x1084
Zestiria
>>
File: 1452146702389.jpg (18 KB, 320x242) Image search: [Google]
1452146702389.jpg
18 KB, 320x242
>>335783772
As much as I like Vesperia the AI in that game was atrocious.

>Set Rita to only use magic artes, no regard for TP or anything else
>She just goes up and uses melee attacks instead

Oh and the opponents' AI was arguably even worse. Almost every fight there is one or more monsters that just walks around in a circle along the edge of the battlefield. They don't try to attack anyone, they are just focused on running away. If it's a fast enemy or a flying one the bots have no chance to catch up with it. Queue yakety sax and everyone running after that one enemy and attacking the air. That shit makes me so mad.
>>
the one you first played

so most likely symphonia considering how much of this board is a nintenbabby in their teens
>>
>>335783494
I can tell you what the worst Tales mini game is, and it's red light, green light.
>>
I don't like symphonia.

Rec me something with fast paced combat like Hearts R.
>>
>>335783772
the AI is fine in vesperia, if they don't act how they want want, it's because you didn't tell them to do exactly as you want in the strategy menu
Now Zestiria, has one of the most retarded AIs ever because the strategy menu is so limited as to what you tell your party what to do
The AI is purposely bad so that they die more to offer artifial dificulty in the game and to lower your grade in battle, which will cause you to grind more grade and play the game longer, which is complete bullshit

>>335790228
why didn't you just just change strategies and set her to defend or use an item to restore her tp?
>>
Is there any reason to get the PS3 Symphonia if you already have the gamecube game? It's on sale for $12 on psn
>>
>>335792258
I'v actually seen zestiria ai fuse to live through massive damage attacks from bosses. Which killed the seraph.
Shit is stupid as fuck.
>>
>>335792258
>why didn't you just just change strategies and set her to defend or use an item to restore her tp?
The issue was that Rita wouldn't stay back and use magic artes. She would just go up and hit the opponents with ordinary melee attacks even if she had full tp. I've rarely had any issues with the bots in Vesperia running out of TP, because they use so few artes. Aside from in long boss battles or similar that is.
>>
>>335792467
you think that's bad?
>ai fuses
>immediately defuses
>now they both have less bg
for what purpose?

>>335792532
Just gotta check your strategy menu man, something is messed up in there that's causing it for sure
>>
>>335792258
>Ai dies to lower your grade
I fucking beleve they made it like this intentionally It's fucking bullshit.
>near end boss
>grinding grade for ng+
>fucking ai just stands there and takes a deathblow
>shit was an easy dodge
>i have not started a ng+run yet
help me
>>
Best combat goes to Xilla 2 IMO, but plot wise id say Abyss or Phantasia.

I have a soft spot for Eternia though due to it being my first in the series, though i didnt know ti was a series at the time. the pre-standardized voice acting is so fucking bad though.
>>
>>335792961
>starting zesty ng+
Don't do it
You have more entertaining things to do like flip through Netflix or do the laundry
>>
>>335792961
you wanna know what the worst part is?
the AI in both Graces f and Zestiria don't dodge

They don't dodge in game with the combat being all about DODGING
They either stand there and take the hits to die or they dodge like once in the direction the enemy is attacking from
>>
Destiny
>>
>>335793306
Oh don't worry abou that after i killed Evil guy(the plot is so bad i did not pay attention to who the fuck he is) i deleted the game off my ps3.
>>335793341
Graces F i could tolarate as most of the time the enemys are stunlocked. But fuck zest who was the retard in QA that passed it.
>>
>>335784143
>At least it's not Tempest. Fuck Tempest.
The good thing about Tempest is that it's not Zestiria. Fuck that game.
>>
>>335787830
I like the town they've shown so far.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vylSOFDvBXw
>>
>>335787418
Why do people always get so triggered over someone liking Symphonia? It's not my favorite (Rebirth fag) but there are far, far, worse Tales games to stan for.
>>
File: best.jpg (153 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
best.jpg
153 KB, 500x750
Destiny R
>>
>>335793793
I fucking so hope that it's good. But i have seen someone round here say its set in the same world as zest is that true? what about all the evil gas shit?
>>
>>335790221
>still posting this
>>
tales of my dick in ur mums hairy asshole
>>
>>335794163
You can even see Aizen and Lailah there so yeah
>>
>>335783584
The mentality that everything good about the last game has to be thrown out and everything bad has to be reworked so it's even worse

>linking was annoying and gimped multiplayer
>LETS MAKE IT EVEN MORE NECESSARY

>>335783830
>I think graces had some of the best characters in the series though.
Is it even possible to actually hold this opinion? Just...how could you possibly think that? They're not the most likable, they don't have any unique dynamics as a group, they're not well-written...I just don't understand how you could possibly think Graces' characters were any good at all, let alone the best in a franchise known for strong characters.
>>
>>335794424
Sorry should have made myslef a bit clearer i mean is it before or after zest?
>>
>>335784324
If you can emulate the PS2 version, that's for the best. On original hardware the world map is full of loading issues and framerate dips. There's an overworld dungeon that becomes a serious nightmare thanks to this. The 3DS version fixes these issues but it looks worse (though not bad considering how shitty hardware-wise the 3DS is) and is locked at 30fps, while the PS2 version runs at a pretty solid 60, even in bigger battles.

Emulation fixes all the issues with the PS2 version, which is why it's the best option.
>>
>>335794556
Before. Could be thousands of years like Symphonia and Phantasia.
>>
>>335794498
That anon probably really liked the skits. Main storywise, Graces's cast was mostly shit but they played off each other very well whenever the game made attempts at humor. Makes me wonder what happen if a Tales that was made to be a parody of the series as a whole was made.
>>
File: 2014-12-14-182423.jpg (134 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2014-12-14-182423.jpg
134 KB, 960x544
Which tales game do you guys think has the best party members? I really liked Hearts R's party, they interacted pretty well with each other despite the game being extremely cheesy.
>>
>>335794186
>Being mad about best game winning
>>
>>335796843
Innocence's party minus Luca and mid-game Iria
>>
>>335783494
They're all pretty darn awful.
Symphonia is a little less awful.
>>
>>335796843
I know people knock them all for being dicks but I really liked Abyss' party
By the end of the game they had a really good dynamic going and it felt like they had actually put their differences aside to achieve their objective, unlike most games where everyone's just an amiable fellow who happily joins the quest to save the world because hey why not

That said, I think Vesperia's cast was really fun too
>>
>>335792295
>Is there any reason to get the PS3 Symphonia if you already have the gamecube game?

no. unless you want to plat the sequal.
>>
File: Tales vote.jpg (176 KB, 1414x793) Image search: [Google]
Tales vote.jpg
176 KB, 1414x793
>>335797043
>implying
>>
I enjoyed zestiria, why do people shit on it so much. Sure its not goty material or anything but its fun and entertaining
>>
File: talesof.png (715 KB, 1678x1222) Image search: [Google]
talesof.png
715 KB, 1678x1222
Graces.

Currently playing Hearts R and it's quickly becoming one of my favorite.
>>
>>335798972
Combat, which is the best thing Tales has going for it, was terrible. There are plenty of other problems, but that is what bothers me the most
>>
File: 1445987204132.jpg (316 KB, 626x3149) Image search: [Google]
1445987204132.jpg
316 KB, 626x3149
>>335798796
>photoshoping an image

Zestiria is the best and you know it. Just look at all these reviews praising it.
>>
>>335799497
>best
You do know that one of the VAs publicly apologized for it right?
>>
>>335799771
I was being sarcastic, anon
>>
>>335799873
Sorry my bad there, should have read the posts you replyed too
>>
>>335793989
It's like someone saying DBZ is the best anime of all time.
>>
>>335800335
It's more like someone saying 7 is the best FF
>>
>>335784920
>he doesn't have a CFW PS3
>>
File: 1.jpg (66 KB, 506x700) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
66 KB, 506x700
Which game has the coolest, flashiest aerial combat? I want to fuck monsters against the ceiling and look like a sick motherfucker while I do it.
>>
>>335800726
Xilla 2 in my opinion ludger looks like a boss when he does it
>>
File: mikleo sorey3.jpg (516 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
mikleo sorey3.jpg
516 KB, 1200x1200
>>335799497
>Mikleo keeps cooking me snacks...
>10/10 best wafu
Everytime.
>>
>>335800726
The Xillia and Hearts R
>>
File: tear2.jpg (185 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
tear2.jpg
185 KB, 640x480
>>
>>335788475
I believe the Nakiri Dungeon X remake kinda touches on it in some of the animated sequences as well as the interaction with Rhodi and Dhaos before you fight him in that game.
>>
Destiny R has the most fun combat
Rebirth has the most strategically satisfying combat
Phantasia, Destiny R and Eternia are my favorite complete package
>>
>>335783494
Vesperi, no contest.
>>
>>335803474
*Vesperia
>>
File: zaveid lailah.jpg (75 KB, 593x700) Image search: [Google]
zaveid lailah.jpg
75 KB, 593x700
>>
Ludger a shit.
>>
>>335798494
The thing with abyss' party is that they had a reason for being dicks to luke.
He fucking dropped a portion of a continent into the miasma after being warned several times to start thinking for himself but he kept being a din du nuffin retard and killed thousands
>>
File: zaveid.jpg (518 KB, 816x1232) Image search: [Google]
zaveid.jpg
518 KB, 816x1232
>>
Threadly reminder that if you play Tales of games for the story, you are the cancer killing video games
>>
>>335806840
Then why would you play a tales game to begin with.
The story is really all the games have besides a garbage combat system.
>>
>>335807336
>Then why would you play a tales game to begin with.
>Why would you play a game if not for the gameplay?
Well gee, I have no idea
>>
>>335807490
>he can't read the whole post.
It's combat system is garbage. They have no good gameplay to them and they all play the same.
>>
>>335807650
And I think they are the best ARPG combat systems JRPGs have to offer. You can disagree all you want but if you think the stories are worth it, you have problems. They are retarded with no focus or theme to them. And in some few cases where they exist, they fall flat and don't say anything worthwhile.
>>
File: 1457241739280.png (106 KB, 350x425) Image search: [Google]
1457241739280.png
106 KB, 350x425
>>335807854
>And I think they are the best ARPG combat systems JRPGs have to offer.
You should probably play more video games.
Just saying.
>>
>>335808112
Give examples. If you can point me into better systems, I would be glad to try them out
>>
>>335808325
There is no point in me giving you examples because as per usual it'll end with nuh uhs and no it isn'ts and I'm not going to waste my time.
Go play more video games so you can actually realize that the tales combat system isn't all that great.
>>
File: 50611bf9a761c3a26c90882f1878c476.jpg (355 KB, 1000x1024) Image search: [Google]
50611bf9a761c3a26c90882f1878c476.jpg
355 KB, 1000x1024
>>335800726
Why are the titty monsters always best girl?
>>
>>335806840
I play them for the whole package.
>>
>>335783963
Play Dawn of the New World. It's a good fun game, no matter how much people shit on it.
>>
>>335808510
Not him but really, give examples. I can't even think of many action JRPG in general, would love to hear some.
>>
>>335799497
Can we get a firing squad for each one of those shit-eating retards?
>>
>>335799497
>Mikleo
>cook
>waifu
But he's not actually...
But he's not...
But HE...
but...
>>
>>335808780
Not him but I'd argue KHIIFM is as good as it gets. Not that Tales isn't also great.
>>
>>335808780
Not him but I'd argue KHIIFM is as good as it gets. Not that Tales isn't also great.
>>
>>335804923
He just wanted to protect the loli's smile
>>
>>335808510
Like clockwork. Everyone always says that "NO, THERE A BETTER GAMES!" but always fail to give examples
>>
>>335809140
See, it's not that hard and I'm going to agree. KH2FM is good.
>>
>>335809140
>>335809269
Hold the fuck up.
Isn't Kingdom hearts owned by Disney?
Wouldn't it be a wrpg?
>>
>>335809140
>>335809141
Critical mode is too perfect man, difficult and fun without being cheap.
>>
I've only played Symphonia and Innocence, and I enjoyed Symphonia more.

BTW, Zestiria (PS4) is on sale at Best Buy today -- $20 ($16 with GCU).
>>
>>335809169
This didn't require being an overpowered party locked self-insert.
>>
>>335800726
Phantasia when Cress or Suzu are high leveled honestly
>>
File: leia.jpg (94 KB, 600x839) Image search: [Google]
leia.jpg
94 KB, 600x839
>>
>>335812146
Such a great design wasted on a bad game.
>>
File: 1.jpg (78 KB, 480x677) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
78 KB, 480x677
>>335812226
I liked the Xillias a lot. Easily in the better half of the series.
>>
>>335809348
Don't be a fucking kike anon
>>
>>335812439
Xillia should've been the one to get an anime.
>>
>>335783494
I've only played Graces, both Xillias and Symphonia, so here are my pleb opinions
Xillia's gameplay was great, Symphonia story was good/decent and Pascal has been the character I've had the most fun playing her fighting style was literally the only reason I finished Graces, fuck that game, the whole long range melee, close range mage was really fun.
>>
File: 1460674479444.gif (1 MB, 371x209) Image search: [Google]
1460674479444.gif
1 MB, 371x209
>>335783494
Vesperia
Graces f
Xillia 2, would be better if the first game didn't exist at all and if the little girl wasn't your fucking parrot for the entire game.

Abyss is typical, and everyone except Guy is unbearable/generic. Luke goes from being an asshole to being a suicidal emo because he was tool, Tear was just there, Jade was just the smart guy who always has something smart and snarky to say when he's at fault, meanwhile every single fucking character in the game recognizes him as THE NECROMANCER, ARE YOU THE NECROMANCER, YOUR THE FAMOUS NECROMANCER, like holy shit who fucking cares, there was no flashback or real reason for the player to care about his title just that "he killed so many people oh my gosh murder".

Anise is the child character that pretends to be an adult, and Natalia was the princess character who did absolutely nothing, she was just there, taking up space. Even Estelle from Vesperia was more useful than her. Fucking Legendia had a better cast.
>>
>>335813587
>I'm going to simplify every character's personality to make it seem like they have no depth!
Could you put in a little more effort? Abyss is the opposite of "typical" for a JRPG, it even subverts the whole chosen hero trope.

Tear actually had plenty of internal conflict/character development due to her connection with Van and was one of the main drivers of the plot. "Just there"?
>>
>>335814360
>"It's deconstruction of a thing X!"
Like it magically makes something good. It doesn't.
>>
Can we all agree that Sorey was a breath of fresh air after coming from Asbel?
>>
File: Ivar, please..gif (3 MB, 199x141) Image search: [Google]
Ivar, please..gif
3 MB, 199x141
>>
>>335817059
Did this nigger ever get his come uppings for activating the Lance of Kresnik in some side materials or something?
>>
File: 1431822391195.jpg (251 KB, 577x600) Image search: [Google]
1431822391195.jpg
251 KB, 577x600
>>
>>335817312
Well on Jude's side
Later you give him a good beating
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKo72ysbRSk
>>
>>335816613
>not wanting to PROTECT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENWn4tQYfD4
>>
>>335799148
What the fuck is there so good about the true ending of Xillia2? Also are you claiming the bad ending is the one where you murder all the other party members? If that's the case yeah, that was pretty neat.
>>
>>335806716
I would've never finished Zestiria if it wasn't for Zaveid. Literally best chad. No homo.
>>
>>335783494
Tales of Lymphoma
>>
>>335818361
In the True Ending Ludger does something he would actually do in that situation.
>>
>>335787418
>Abyss
>better story

Yeah, no. Akzeriuth and everything resulting from it is some of the worst writing ever put in a video game.
>>
File: image.jpg (128 KB, 566x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
128 KB, 566x800
>>335808525
They just are
>>
File: 1458915055180.jpg (583 KB, 800x976) Image search: [Google]
1458915055180.jpg
583 KB, 800x976
So far Graces f
I didn't play every game in the series yet
>>
File: 918bbaa1.jpg (731 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
918bbaa1.jpg
731 KB, 1920x1080
>>335793989
>Rebirth fag
>They exist
>>
>>335805023
Luke was a literal 7-year-old groomed from birth to have a hero complex by his father figure who used him a tool for his own ends.

If a father gives his 7-year-old son a gun and tells him it's a magic wand that heals people when you point it at them and pull the trigger, you don't blame the child for the resulting death.

Luke LITERALLY did nothing wrong.
>>
>>335820314
>Rebirth will never be translated
>>
File: Tales of Fans.png (685 KB, 732x2304) Image search: [Google]
Tales of Fans.png
685 KB, 732x2304
>>335787619
>He hates symphonia because it's popular
It's just like Final Fantasy though. People will scream and cry about how FF# is the best and anyone with a different opinion is horribly wrong. Vesperia is popular too. And so is Abyss. And so is- do you see where this is going?
>>
>>335820442
and everyone else deflects the blame while Ion goes "shucks I wish I could have helped you bro"
Ion is the only person with a heart in that cast
too pure to live
>>
>>335821047
Can Alishafags be added to this?
>>
>>335783494
It really depends if you're playing alone or with friends.

I'd say graces for 4 players
Xillia 2 for 2 players
Vesperia for 3
Abyss for 1

I liked most of them. I couldn't get into zestria though. My friends hated trying to work the camera and we eventually just put the game down around the 30s
>>
>>335783494
Destiny Directors Cut easily. Then probably Abyss.

I tried replaying Vesperia and damn I didn't like it one bit.
>>
>>335792258
I swear Vesperia probably has the worst AI for cast and enemies. I think that's what made it such a huge turnoff for me.

Fucking Estelle I set your shit to heal and you still do fucking jack shit! And what an annoying fucking Princess. Selfish as fuck throughout the whole game and Yuri panders to it.
>>
>>335793593
This guy knows.
>>
File: 16453370.jpg (330 KB, 681x711) Image search: [Google]
16453370.jpg
330 KB, 681x711
>>335821617
>Vesperia for 3
Why 3 specifically?
>>
>>335817643
>>335817312
God, I hate this stupid chucklefuck
>>
File: Estelise.png (31 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Estelise.png
31 KB, 250x250
>>335821960
You seem upset.
>>
>>335796843
Graces F or Abyss cast.
>>
>>335819573
Milla a shit
Fractured Milla a best
>>
>>335821960
It has to be something up with you're strategy settings
Just toy around with it in random fights and find things that work

I'm not saying Vesperia's strategy system is the best, but if you can't handle Vesperia's how the hell could you tolerate any of the tittles' strategy systems
>>
File: 1381031888191.gif (3 MB, 400x226) Image search: [Google]
1381031888191.gif
3 MB, 400x226
>>335822031
I'm not that anon, but probably because nobody wants to be the healer? But idk some Tales games you can get away without dedicated healers. I just recall that Vesperia bosses were extremely annoying with the super armor/ glory or whatever it was called.
>>
>>335806840
>play Tales game for the combat.
>bosses only happen after 40 minutes of cut scenes.
>>
>>335820953
I'm thiking of just import and use a guide at this point
>>
File: yosuke-costumes.jpg (98 KB, 1000x550) Image search: [Google]
yosuke-costumes.jpg
98 KB, 1000x550
>>335822104
>>335817312
>>335817643
>Ivar voiced by Morikubo Showtaro
>Exactly the same whiny voice as he did for Yosuke
>Complete clown of a character just like Yosuke
>Supposed to be supplying comic relief, but it's not really funny or needed
I could not stop thinking about this whenever he appeared on screen.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (90 KB, 1281x719) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
90 KB, 1281x719
Daily reminder.
Blue earth is the best MA in the series and Fodra Queen is the best final boss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27z5RcpU9sI
>>
>>335822757
Don't forget, he has shit trigger discipline

there is literally nothing positive about this character.
>>
>>335822375
3 was just strangely specific. People tend to not like to play healers no matter the game. As a matter of fact I'm currently playing through Vesperia with two other people and one guy has been playing Estelle from the start. I don't think she's that terrible to play.
>>
File: 1461341854919.jpg (65 KB, 470x535) Image search: [Google]
1461341854919.jpg
65 KB, 470x535
>>335822404
>mfw
I can only imagine people like that skipping every single cutscene then posting about how they didn't understand anything.
>>
>>335823305
Onee-chan?
>>
>>335823305
>can't skip Vesperia cutscenes.

I'll just go play Graces I guess..
>>
>>335823410
But you can in the not-shit version of the game.
>>
>>335823683
It's too bad I dont have that version.
>>
File: 1460919947074.png (15 KB, 99x92) Image search: [Google]
1460919947074.png
15 KB, 99x92
>>335822830
>armpits
>>
>>335822830
Why couldn't she be the villain of the main arc instead of dragging out that Lambda shit?
>>
>>335824930
What the problem with Lambda?
I find him million times better than Heldalf or Gaius
>>
>>335825517
Because of him, one of the best characters in the game has to leave the party and be an edge-lord until the F arc. By the time all the info about his past came up, I was past the point of caring.
>>
File: 1460987265509.jpg (76 KB, 610x595) Image search: [Google]
1460987265509.jpg
76 KB, 610x595
>>
File: 1461361246047.jpg (45 KB, 361x379) Image search: [Google]
1461361246047.jpg
45 KB, 361x379
>>335826070
>People still thinking on Vesperia ps3 localization
>>
There is absolutely nothing of worth to be found in Zestiria.
>inb4 Ednafags attack me
>>
>>335826408
The soundtrack disagrees.,
>>
>>335826408
Shiina
>>
>>335826521
>>335826594
Only in the samey dungeons and overworld
Might as well be shit
>>
File: fodraqueen.jpg (321 KB, 480x600) Image search: [Google]
fodraqueen.jpg
321 KB, 480x600
>>
File: fodraqueen0.jpg (230 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
fodraqueen0.jpg
230 KB, 640x960
>>
Anyone else bored of Tales games? I find that playing Vesperia and Xillia really burnt me out, and probably for a good year or two.
>>
File: 1461549769756.gif (2 MB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
1461549769756.gif
2 MB, 512x512
>tfw Berseria might be the best 7th/8th gen Tales because Baba got demoted
>>
>>335828302
>tfw you had hope from the very beginning
It may still bomb, but after the Zestiria backlash, I knew something had to change.
>>
>>335828302
I hope we can end the PS3 era of Tales on a good note.
>>
>>335829402
At least it seems to be taking a lot of new turns. Hell, Velvet is discount Zero
>>
File: fodraqueen1.jpg (253 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
fodraqueen1.jpg
253 KB, 640x960
>>
>>335822031
>>335822375
>>335823094
I'm that anon

I've played vesperia 4 times with different friends that won't play a tales of alone but enjoy playing them with people.

The people who usually play healer for us just didn't find estelle to be that enjoyable to use till near the third part of the game.

They weren't really having fun and the only characters left at that point was Karol, repede, raven, and judith.

Karol tended to be too slow for them to enjoy
They didn't want to play a dog despite him probably being the playstyle they wanted
Raven used arrows which surprisingly they didn't take a liking to.
And for some reason they just couldn't get the hang of judith's air combos and didn't enjoy her.

It would of been even worse if I didn't give up Yuri in the first place to let someone else have a character they liked to play.
>>
>>335829584
She looks like grass. I get the nature thing but there's so many better ways to do it. Just grass isn't appealing.

I hate Inomata.
>>
File: 51168039_p0.jpg (190 KB, 872x1000) Image search: [Google]
51168039_p0.jpg
190 KB, 872x1000
>>
File: 55574002_p0.jpg (296 KB, 601x850) Image search: [Google]
55574002_p0.jpg
296 KB, 601x850
>>335783494
Obviously Zestiria.
>>
>>335831505
ToE 2 when?
>>
File: leia.jpg (99 KB, 540x764) Image search: [Google]
leia.jpg
99 KB, 540x764
>>
>you will never cum inside you're favorite Tales
>>
>>335822830
that boss raped me so hard on chaos difficulty.i almost gave up.
>>
File: 44947970_p41.jpg (156 KB, 378x750) Image search: [Google]
44947970_p41.jpg
156 KB, 378x750
>>335833861
Why even live?
>>
File: fodraqueen2.jpg (274 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
fodraqueen2.jpg
274 KB, 640x960
>>
File: 16168660.jpg (187 KB, 492x624) Image search: [Google]
16168660.jpg
187 KB, 492x624
>>335830875
When I'm playing Tales games with my friends they tend to pick a character really early on and stick with that one through the whole game. In Vesperia they chose Estelle and Repede, while I'm switching around and playing most of the other characters. Yuri wasn't very popular for some reason.
>>
>>335834401
Luke is cute! CUTE!
>>
File: 1461803340675.png (414 KB, 995x661) Image search: [Google]
1461803340675.png
414 KB, 995x661
>>335833861
>>
File: 1460520369391.gif (2 MB, 335x258) Image search: [Google]
1460520369391.gif
2 MB, 335x258
>>335821617
>being autistic enough to play tales games with other people in the room
>>
File: 1367833929436.jpg (780 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1367833929436.jpg
780 KB, 1000x1000
>>
>>335820442
Indeed Luke did nothing wrong in fact the people to blame cast it on him since half the fucking party knew that he had unusual powers or that something was off with him but decided HURR LETS KEEP IT A SECRET till it was too late.
>>
>>335836562
I feel bad for people who don't have a group of faggot friends to watch anime and play Tales games with
>>
File: estell.jpg (10 KB, 250x281) Image search: [Google]
estell.jpg
10 KB, 250x281
>>335836562
>Not playing Xillia and Symphonia with friends
>>
File: im out.jpg (14 KB, 345x365) Image search: [Google]
im out.jpg
14 KB, 345x365
>>335836632
>tfw these two are my favorite tales girls
>tfw they're both dedder than ded
>>
File: Estelle protects her waifu.png (701 KB, 942x532) Image search: [Google]
Estelle protects her waifu.png
701 KB, 942x532
>>335836632
So much wasted potential.

>>335836425
Best OTP.
>>
>>335837123
>having friends
fucking pleb get off of /v/
>>
>>335838179
>not having friends
Everyone have friends anon
>>
File: 1402012470972.jpg (91 KB, 650x758) Image search: [Google]
1402012470972.jpg
91 KB, 650x758
>>335837123
>friends

even if i had friends at my age, they would call me a faggot.
>>
>>335783584

Because when reflecting on how good Vesperia was, they basically said "it was really hard to make a game that good, so we aren't even going to try anymore."
>>
File: 1435283670713.png (189 KB, 368x411) Image search: [Google]
1435283670713.png
189 KB, 368x411
>>335838453
>Everyone have friends anon

r-right
>>
>>335838710
Is there any good reason they never localized the PS3 version?
>>
>>335838886

Because in the west, they had an exclusive deal with microsoft.
>>
File: 1459586938313.jpg (99 KB, 618x555) Image search: [Google]
1459586938313.jpg
99 KB, 618x555
>>335838710
>>
File: 51168039_p1.jpg (109 KB, 1072x536) Image search: [Google]
51168039_p1.jpg
109 KB, 1072x536
>>335838886
microsoft own the translation
>>
File: 1435387827754.gif (1009 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
1435387827754.gif
1009 KB, 500x280
>>335839228
Of course.

Maybe they could port it to PC as a Windows 10 exclusive? Microsoft wouldn't have a problem with that, I'm sure.
>>
>>335839467
it would be the 360 version and not the ps3 version
>>
>>335827091
>tfw burnt out on Tales games because I've been going through most of them in the span of a year and a half now
At this point, all I got left to finish is Symphonia 2, Tempest, Legendia, the earlier iterations of certain games and spinoffs.
>>
>>335840621
>Symphonia 2
>Tempest
I feel sorry for you, anon. Your best days are behind you.
>>
I know lots of people hated Zestiria and its not the best for sure but I enjoyed it despite all the bullshit.
Thread replies: 235
Thread images: 59

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.