[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think you'll ever find video games as interesting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8
File: 1140689.jpg (117 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1140689.jpg
117 KB, 1024x768
Do you think you'll ever find video games as interesting and entertaining as you used to?
>>
>>335779502
In general? No.

There will be some flashes of an old spark with some games, but it never lasts as long as it once did.
>>
I used to think that I wouldnt, but then Witcher 3 happened, after that rainbow six siege happened. Fell in love with videogames again. But now theres really no new singleplayer games that are worth a damn. Waiting on blood and wine expansion and cautiously looking forward to overwatch. There are truly entertaining games out there, it just feels like that they are harder to find thesedays. Could be because of the sheer volume of games out there. New games are pumped out daily on storepages and it just numbs you out, especially when 90% of them are total dogshit.
>>
File: 1461742761751.jpg (67 KB, 443x491) Image search: [Google]
1461742761751.jpg
67 KB, 443x491
>>335779502
NOOOOOOOOooooo...
>>
you will never appreciate vidya like you used to, thus nostalgia. but, you can appreciate vidya as an adult and it's great
>>
Metroid Prime ruined gaming for me because nothing else will never be as sublime.
>>
When you begin to realize the games you enjoyed as a kid are mediocre to complete garbage, you begin to lose a bit of faith in video games. Nowadays, I sold most of my collection off and stuck to games I actually enjoy. Not only do I have more space, I enjoy my hobby a bit more too.
>>
Yes, I still love video games.
>>
Just waiting for the next RE4

Been getting into literature and writing though, shits comfy

hoping to finish the first part of my novel by the end of next month
>>
>>335779502
I still do on occasion, but they've become fewer and farther between.

I'm really looking forward to VR getting some decent games.
>>
>>335779502
I find video games significantly more enjoyable now than I used to. In high school, particularly, I was so stressed out with never getting schoolwork done that I used video games entirely as a means of escape. Nowadays, I play them because I want to.
>>
>>335779801
I was spoiled with early Nintendo stuff, which still holds up well today.
It's too bad I can't say the same for the company itself.
>>
>>335779502
I am currently playing Anachronox. Such an amazing game.
>>
File: 1458350494433.png (247 KB, 567x320) Image search: [Google]
1458350494433.png
247 KB, 567x320
I think somewhere around 2011 is the time when I lost the vidya spark. I feel nothing when completing video games anymore. Nothing will capture the magic of me playing Halo Reach, Gears of War 3, and Dark Souls with my pals every again.
>>
I still play the games I played then, and they're still great.

And Nintendo and indies still make games that are like those games.
>>
>>335780078
>And Nintendo still makes games that are like those games
Anon, I...
>>
>>335779502
I don't have much hope of that happening, though I'm not sure if it's the games themselves or just depression in general.
>>
I don't find anything as interesting and entertaining as I used to.
>>
>>335779502
Yes. Stop acting like everyone here is a jaded autist like you
Most people actually like video games
>>
>>335779502
Remember when just about any game could excite you and hold your interest? I remember playing this shitty Smurfs game on GBC as a kid despite having quite a few other (good) games and I played the hell out of it. I'd get excited over a game at the video rental store, wait til $2 video game thursdays and rent it and play it for 7 days straight. Games that would never even get my attention now could have me re-reading the manuals at school.

No games get me excited anymore. So I don't think so OP.
>>
>>335779502
there are infinite worlds of games to explore but 80% of them are shitty creating the conundrum of having to play worse games or just stop.
>>
File: 1461486276907.jpg (170 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1461486276907.jpg
170 KB, 1024x768
>>335779502
I toned down my gaming habits. Instead of playing 24/7, playing multiple games at once, and jumping from one game to another, I'm playing much like I did ten years ago.

Only playing one or two games at a time, and I just try not to be as invested or outright crazy about them, like I used to be. I'm not missing anything anyway, because it really doesn't fucking matter.

And it helped me personally in that regard. Instead of having games revolve around me, I started to adapt to them again. Instead of instantly calling a game shit, because it doesn't have X or Y the last game had, or should've had, I just get into whatever it offers and that's fine. The enjoyment came back.

Before I searched far and wide for new games to play, and bought so much shit, but now I'm playing RE4 again, and after that I'll buy FFIX on Steam and that's as far as I'm thinking right now.
>>
File: 1368882221096.jpg (176 KB, 619x597) Image search: [Google]
1368882221096.jpg
176 KB, 619x597
>>335780345
learning to recognize bad game design, lazy game extending fetch quests and terrible gameplay may have a bad idea in long term game playing happniess.
>>
I wish nintendo would make some interesting and entertaining fucking videogames. they're not even rehashing now they're just releasing a very tiny amount. use their potential.
>>
nope, im just caught in an endless cycle of league and dota 2 with my friends now, the dream is dead
>>
>>335780634

Its like if you start looking too much into how movies/tv shows are written or made. You don't enjoy media the same once you're looking at it critically.

The old "dissecting the frog" bit.
>>
File: 7498.jpg (8 KB, 218x231) Image search: [Google]
7498.jpg
8 KB, 218x231
>>335779502
No, I realize that the happiness and naivety that I had as a small child will never return.
>>
File: Vanish(658).png (146 KB, 286x395) Image search: [Google]
Vanish(658).png
146 KB, 286x395
>>335782280
everything was new and exciting back then.
>>
>>335782339
I missed out on 2 and 3's multiplayer because I didn't have live then. Played a lot of local on 3 though. We all played reach because it was the newest one.
>>
I suppose I won't ever experience the sense of wonder that I used to relive as a child. I've played one too many games, I've learned too much about them, I've learned to accurately predict and anticipate things. I also got used to doing a lot more research beforehand. It's definitely a lot more difficult for a game to surprise me than it used to. I'm also more demanding, and more critical.
But then again, same applies to books, movies, even music. It's just part of growing up and educating yourself. I know a lot more, I have a lot less free time, and my values and priorities have shifted.
I don't think I'll ever grow out of games entirely though. The medium is fascinating for me, even if in a different and less intense and naive way than it used to be. So I'm not complaining.

>>335779624
Yeah, Witcher 3 was a game that at least for some brief moments managed to invoke the same sense of wonder and curiosity I used experience as a kid too.
>>
>>335779502
nah

developers figured out that people like the idea of what they're doing more than what they're actually doing
>>
>>335779502
I still do, on the rare occasion that a game is released that has completely new & innovative gameplay. Like once in a blue moon.
>>
No

I think I think a big part of it is that games nowadays don't seem to be nearly as innovative as they used. Everything seems to be a sequel of something or a "copy."

I will never experience "firsts." Like the first time I played GTA 3 or Morrowind, I had never played anything else like it and it just amazed me. I don't feel that anymore

Not to say that I haven't enjoyed some games that I've played recently, but it's just not the same as when I was a kid.
>>
>>335779502
Probably not the last was the first bioshock.
>>
I think for it to happen i need to take a longer break from games, atleast a couple generations.
So when i return technology has advanced enough and (hopefully) there is a lot of new innovation going arround.
>>
The right games, yes.
>>
File: 1461721593210.png (303 KB, 925x758) Image search: [Google]
1461721593210.png
303 KB, 925x758
>>335779502
I wonder how many threads will you make until people arbitrarily report you for "avatarfagging"
>>
i didn't really play video games from 1999-2014 or so except for psp on the bus because i was busy being young and cool and shit.. but now that i'm old and just want to be at home all the time i'm rediscovering them and it's pretty magical
>>
I don't think I ever liked video games, I've just never had any interests my whole life and socially was an afterthought of the afterthoughts, so I just came to play video games. Over time I've become to apathetic to even bother playing real video games so my time is spent playing solitaire most of the time I'm awake.

I wish there was something I would want to dedicate my life to but there doesn't seem to be. Even if there was it would be too difficult for a retarded loser like me. Even the most pathetic goals such as "bathing once every week" or "brushing your teeth for two days in a row" are too grand a project for me. I feel like the only worthwhile investment of my time would be necking myself but I don't know. It's idealized in my mind as an act of actual substance, actually doing something with my life, but I suppose for now I'm too big a bitch. I wish I wasn't.

"I wish I wish I wish" god what a faggot.

Anyways, no new games interest me, I don't launch any of the games I've installed, and no old games interest me. Chose the wrong hobby maybe? I don't know. I don't know what to do to fix this.
>>
>>335779502
I take some time to play video games. If I get bored playing them, I go on to listen to music for awhile, browse /mu/ and stuff. Then if I get bored of listening to music. Just get some new hobbies and take some time off from playing video games.
>>
>>335779502
No. But every once in a while, a new game comes out that rekindles that spark for a while, like MH4U did for me. I played for about 180 hours when I had to write my bachelor thesis, it was just that good.
More recently it has been Rocket League, that free weekend made me buy it and I've been enjoying it so far.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.