[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I take it Souls players should be able to breeze through this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: 920x680large-tile.jpg (27 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
920x680large-tile.jpg
27 KB, 400x400
So I take it Souls players should be able to breeze through this?
>>
what the hell. I thought Souls bros were hardcore??
>>
I always knew Souls fags were casuals but to have it confirmed by them! Woah.
>>
No one ever talks about this game, I like it quite a bit.
>>
>>335767226
>breeze through this
How, the game doesn't have an ending.
>>
>>335767226
Nigger this most be the most stupid shit i seen this week.

Thats like saying that someone who is pretty good in Quake is going to be a fucking master in Tetris.
>>
>>335767226
i was doing alright until it turned into winter and i was not prepared at all

i tried it again recently but man is finding shit a pain in the island setting

adventure mode is kicking my ass even though i remember breezing through it on my first try when i first started playing

i just feel like there is not much point to anything other than seeing how long you can last

only real goal i feel is clearing adventure mode slaying each of the giants at least once and using the portal to a new world once
>>
>>335768820
Yes, I play together with friends and we always have a blast. What's the furthest you've lived?
>>
>>335767226
Are you claiming that people who like Souls can't also like Don't Starve? I don't understand this thread.

Wickerbottom is bestbottom
>>
>>335767226
I did alright, I remember one save got over 60 days. Might get the new dlc and play it again.
>>
>Trying to shill your shitty game to Souls audience
>>
This game is fun as fuck and has nothing to do with Souls. Is this a bait thread or a Don't Starve thread?

My most successful runs involved planting tons of berry bushes and beehives. Fence off my little area and cook everything.
>>
>>335767226
Apples and Oranges mister shitposter
>>
>make dragonfruit farm with a caged bird
good job, you won
>>
>get all resources in an area
>have to traverse hundreds of miles to find the nearest rock deposit
>walk all the way back because I don't want to abandon my base of operations

Am I playing this game wrong? There's no way it's this tedious.
>>
>>335772204
what did you do for winter?

i start getting my shit together then get owned by winter

are the shipwrecked worlds considered easier or harder?

>>335772475
only thing tying you down are science stations and storage

i usually make small camps after a certain distance but keep a main one with most of my stuff
>>
>>335768929

It does.

You have to rebuild the teleportation machine to travel to the next level of hell. You keep descending until you reach Maxwell.
>>
>ow shit nigger a free fridge
>oh fuck it's trap
>winter out of nowhere
>survive winter eating birds
>spring kick in
>fuck frog rain man, just fuck it
>oh my god summer go to town
>fire! Fire everywhere!
>fuck my farms are dry as desert
>suddenly boss kick in
>no fuckin way that he smash my ghost's flower
>die fighting with this fucker
>too bad you hadn't bread bro
It was fun as always
>>
>>335772843
I havent since they added the Winter patch and Giant DLC stuff. I assume any old strat would get rocked now. I've been meaning to get back into the game. I kinda forgot about it but it was legitimately some of the most fun I've had on a game in a while. Just quietly waiting for Don't Starve Together to launch. I just went and looked. It launched last week. Cool.
>>
Played this on PS4 and enjoyed it. Got the DLC and everything got complicated as fuck but still enjoyed it.

How is the shipwrecked DLC? Is that stand alone or can you travel back to where the regular game takes place?
>>
>>335773337

Its a different world generation. You choose it as an option before you launch a new game. Its basically an alternate start where you're shipwrecked in the middle of an ocean instead of abandoned in the middle of a forest.

Those fucking monkeys.
>>
>>335773337
Shipwrecked is just normal Dont Starve reskinned into a tropical theme for the most part.
>>
No one playing shipwrecked?

Found it really difficult, I only managed to get to day 30 something before I stupidly went whale hunting while it was raining, got to wet and went insane, ending up being killed by illusions,

How far have you made it? Tips?
>>
>>335773774
Haven't played too much of shipwrecked yet. Got screwed on a couple maps already. Just doesn't have that magical fresh feel and mystery the original had.
>>
>playing DST with friend
>got a really good start and our base is self sufficient before its winter
>breezing through winter easily
>I'm out at a forward base foraging while buddy is keeping the peace at main base
>he hears a noise, says something about
>suddenly hear OH FUCK
>fucking Deerclops marches into our base and levels it and kills him (we didn't know about any of the giants, shit was a surprise)
>it takes me several in game days to rez him so I'm pretty much insane
>we spend the next few days just getting the absolute bare minimum to scrape by while trying to get our base together
>finally get to spring, collective sigh of relief
>what we didn't know is that it rains all the fucking time
>still barely scraping by
>about 3-4 days into spring get attacked by a retarded amount of hounds buddy gets bodied immediately
>I jump into a wormhole and run away into a wormhole
>immediately get bodied by a Moose Goose or the giant badger

Most fun I've ever had with the game. That last desperate week where we weren't really getting ahead and just delaying the inevitable was pretty fun. It really made me kind of realize a modicum of that harrowing desperation of a real situation like that where you realize you're just delaying your eventual death and that nothing you do will save you
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.