[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wii U appreciation thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7
File: B009AGXH64hardware.jpg (48 KB, 1024x665) Image search: [Google]
B009AGXH64hardware.jpg
48 KB, 1024x665
This failed console will end up having more worthwhile exclusives than PS4 and Xbone put together.

Truly the worst generation of consoles.

Also who was the retard that came up with Wii U and lost Nintendo several million dollars? If they named it, say, Super Wii they would easily make at least 100mil more than they did with the same catalogue.
>>
I liked splatoon and wonderful 101, mario kart and smash felt exactly the same as all the other mario karts and smashes. Overall I'd give it a B-
>>
File: gigglint animu boy.png (180 KB, 379x551) Image search: [Google]
gigglint animu boy.png
180 KB, 379x551
>>335737480
>If they named it, say, Super Wii they would easily make at least 100mil more than they did with the same catalogue.

Now this is what I call delusion.
>>
>>335737651
w101 is the only console game that attempted any gameplay innovation in this generation. splatoon was a neat idea.
>>
File: cut.png (3 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
cut.png
3 KB, 259x194
>>335737480
>This failed console will end up having more worthwhile exclusives than PS4 and Xbone put together.

The 8th gen, in one sentence.
>>
File: 1415590645624.png (216 KB, 393x391) Image search: [Google]
1415590645624.png
216 KB, 393x391
>If they named it, say, Super Wii they would easily make at least 100mil more than they did with the same catalogue
>>
>>335737727
Wii sold in droves and conquered the casual market (was a very good "hardcore" console as well, and underrated at that). When that market sees "Wii U" in stores, they think "We already got one of those".
>>
>>335737480
>This failed console will end up having more worthwhile exclusives than PS4 and Xbone put together.
Look, we're all pissed, but if anything the PS4 Neo means they still have quite some time to shit out some good exclusives.

It's dead, Jim, get over it.
Personally I'm not buying another console ever again. Fuck being tied to hardware, just fuck it.
>>
>>335737480
Only good exclusive was XCX. The rest were just rehashes and kiddie crap. The controller was fucking stupid, internal memory tiny, and nintendo's online services are a fucking joke.

The only thing it had going for it was BC and small physical footprint. Just let it die quietly...
>>
>>335737956
What is PS4 Neo?

Alright, I googled it, it might kill Sony and I hope it does. Paid online is the most cancerous idea in video games, worse than early access and in game shops. Anything that drives the consumer money away and discourages hardware purchases is fine until paid online goes away.

>>335738005
It also tried to innovate with the controller, and I have no idea why they didn't hire Tactics Ogre crew to design a RPG Maker for it.

>play in a room
>party members move on screen with wiimote
>DM holds the Wii U gamepad
>>
>>335737480

Too bad I'm only interested in like 4 of them while own ps4 and xbone a few more
>>
>>335738253
>paid online
What? It's a new version of the PS4 with improved but not much hardware.
It's gonna give the console some needed longevity.
>>
>>335738515
It's gonna divide the userbase.
>>
File: no_one_owned_this_ever.jpg (7 KB, 278x181) Image search: [Google]
no_one_owned_this_ever.jpg
7 KB, 278x181
>>335737956
>PS4 Neo means

Console upgrades and add-ons NEVER FUCKING WORK. Ever.

MegaCD, 32x, that memory thing for the 64, PS2 hard drives, the fucking Kinect. The list goes on. All failures, all rightly so.

An upgrade/add-one will AT BEST layer the market for that console. You have games that maybe 10% of the market will buy, who are no not buying ordinary games in order to justify the expense of the upgrade, not to mention cover it. Devs are always wary of cutting of access to the larger player pool by developing for it. And you've even got distribution issues with the new hardware in certain regions (Pocketstation anyone?).

It does not work. Console plebs are tight ass faggots(I should know I am one). It's hard to get them to buy extra controllers, let alone some stupid bullshit addon. Asking them to buy a completely new version of a console they already have is like asking a miser to shell out for a second wedding.

Plebs will buy the hardware once and only once. You get one shot and one shot only, after that it's the games and only the games. (Why people still plan on console DLC escapes me).

tl;dr PS4-Neo is doomed.
>>
>>335738926
just like the *New 3DS did? PS4 fans will buy it because they're idiots
>>
>>335738946
>tl;dr PS4-Neo is doomed.

Considering this was said on /v/ I assume it's going to be a success then
>>
>>335739045
New 3DS didn't flaunt more powerful hardware specs.
>>
>>335738946
>tl;dr PS4-Neo is doomed.
Just like N3DS, right?

>>335739172
Yes it did you dip.
>>
>>335737651
Doesn't Star Fox have an original control scheme?
>>
>>335739172
Are you fucking autistic? Yes it did.
>>
>>335738926
no it's not. There won't be any neo only games and all multiplayer games will be cross platform compatible.
>>
>>335739317
Handhelds are not consoles.
>>
>>335738926
It might, but that doesn't really mean anything.
Sonyggers will get angry at each other while Sony breathes some new life into the console and rakes in the cash.
>>
>>335739790
Now you're just moving goalposts.
>>
File: 1450572122938.jpg (3 MB, 8999x9001) Image search: [Google]
1450572122938.jpg
3 MB, 8999x9001
>>335739790
>Handhelds are not consoles.
>>
>>335739504
Gyro controls are hardly anything new at this point
>>
File: Mickey-Mouse-7.jpg (81 KB, 550x255) Image search: [Google]
Mickey-Mouse-7.jpg
81 KB, 550x255
Can't argue against that. This generation was a fucking disaster.
>>

Maybe. But the reason for that is consoles having a similar architecture to PC which makes porting incredibly easy compared to earlier generations. Does that mean there will be less worthwhile games? No, they will just be spread out on multiple platforms to maximize profit. Actually it's kinda good for the consumer that exclusives seem to be less interesting for game developers since you now have to spend less money on hardware to play it. Nintendo seems to be the only company who still hasn't gotten the memo, hence third party developers not touching the Wii U. What sucks however is that the console hardware was already obsolete at the start of the generation which means that games look and run like ass.
>>
>>335739172
N3Ds straight up had exclusive games which is giant middle finger to previous 3ds owners. While ps4k is forward and backward compatible.
>>
Best thing that could happen to Wii U now is that it gets easily softmodded, right?
>>
>>335739172
This is literally the most revisionist thing I have ever read on this website and that's saying a fucking bunch
>>
>>335737480

that really isnt saying much
>>
>>335737927
No.
>>
some games were good but they were mostly babby games
>>
>>335737651
Liked whole 2 (two) games on a platform. Is somehow a B- rating... This is why I don't like people.
>>
The faster Nintendo dies, the better Sony can buy their IPs and actually do something good with them.
>>
>>335741847
kek are you serious??
>>
>>335741741
I guess I worded it badly, it's not like I hated the rest of the games, Splatoon and W101 were just my favorites
>>
I bought this because I liked mario kart 7 on 3ds, so I bought the bundle that had the system and mk8 and I eventually bought the dlc too. First few months I had it I loved playing mk8 with the /v/ros and we had a general on /vg/ and it was a lot of fun!!!! Even playing without them and stuff. Eventually it got old though even with the 200cc DLC and everything. Now I just use it for Hulu, Netflix etc and it is always freezing and crashing and I only play mk8 every now and then. All that said for $220 I'd say it was worth it. I don't think (I at least hope) nobody bought this console thinking it was going to be their primary gaming system. Literally never bought another game for it besides mk8. Can't think of any I'deven want to try though besides splatoon and even that is sort of meh.
>>
>>335742309
You don't want to play Bayonetta 2 and W101?

Why?
>>
>>335741156
It's saying tons about how shit 8th gen is

Not to mention how handhelds fell short. PS Vita is alright if you can speak moon and like dungeon crawlers while 3DS did nothing except make sequels for established DS franchises.
>>
>>335737651
>mario kart and smash felt exactly the same as all the other mario karts and smashes.
MKWii and Brawl were fucking awful though.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.