[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kojima Productions presents Darksouls 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 12
File: highwalloflothric.jpg (238 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
highwalloflothric.jpg
238 KB, 1920x1080
Is castle Lothric built over Firelink Shrine in Lordran?

Is Drangleic on the same planet?

Is Darksouls lore poopooshit?
>>
>>335735346
The Profaned Capital is Drangleic.

The giant centipede in izalith is Solaire
>>
>>335735729
sunbro turned into the centipede??? sunbro going mad in ds1 cannon?
>>
File: OCCEEELLLOTTTEEE.png (714 KB, 720x897) Image search: [Google]
OCCEEELLLOTTTEEE.png
714 KB, 720x897
check my sick art pham
>>
>>335735925
No, he's making shit up. The profaned capital is clearly anor Londo
>>
>>335735346
>Is castle Lothric built over Firelink Shrine in Lordran?

yes.
>>
>>335737056
where the hell is everything else that was in lordran?? i mean gwyndolin was eaten by aldrich and he still looks young, couldnt have been that long between ds1 and 3.
>>
bump pham i need my ds3 lore, the shit you guys make up makes it interesting
>>
So I'm not quite sure on the chronological order of these games.

Dake souls 2 and 3 are after 1, right? Then how is siegfried still alive in 3?
>>
>>335738760
i think ds1 would have to be first, because they talk about the gods finding the first flame. but yeah if siegfied is still there, why not everyone else? undeads never die right?
>>
>>335738760
>>335739104
His name is Siegward, it's not the same character.
>>
>>335739495
oh youre right. im pretty dumb.
>>
File: storm_ruler.png (15 KB, 189x270) Image search: [Google]
storm_ruler.png
15 KB, 189x270
does the inclusion of the Storm Ruler put demon's souls in the same world as dark souls, or is it just a cheesy throwback like the moonlight greatsword
>>
>>335735346
>see this image and think, "Boy, I wish we could have explored all that shit. What the fuck are those two bridges anyways?"
>realize one is Dragonslayer Armor's bridge
>trace it forward, the higher one is the bridge to the Princes, with the Archives being that huge building to the left
>go all the way back to the Dancer's room

We did get to explore all that shit

I really need to look around more. I hate Lothric Castle, but I do admire the map design a bit more now, being able to see the whole thing.
>>
File: dragonballs.jpg (194 KB, 790x1360) Image search: [Google]
dragonballs.jpg
194 KB, 790x1360
>>335736950
Hehe

>>335736815
>>
>>335740708
yeah, with the world design being so busy and dense, its easy to forget where you are in relation to everything.

I wish we got to explore more of Irithyll.
>>
>>335740976
Yeah, I saw that when I watched someone else fight him. I know it's his stomach, but still. Not sure how that particular design made it past approval.

>>335741141
Seeing the entire game from Vordt's vantage point is pretty cool. You can map out everything.
>>
>>335737487

What do you mean? The intro to DaS1 is at least 1000 years before the game and Gwyn looks the same in everything we see, including the beginning of recorded history in the world. The answer I think lies somewhere in between, with the difference in landscape owing mostly to the mashing-together of the lands of the Lords of Cinder.
>>
>>335739834

It's ok, Patches still exists and Siegward is essentially Siegfried, it's not meant to be important to lore and is basically fanservice.
>>
>>335737487
Gods don't age.
>>335735729
it's just a Carthus Worm, it just dug too deep and ended up beneath the sands of Carthus and in Smouldering Lake.
>>
>>335742096
So Smouldering Lake is meant to be Ash Lake but really hot right?
>>
>>335742263

Not that guy but it sure looks like it.
>>
>>335741703

i think you understood what i meant because you pretty much answered the question heh. yeah i thinks its ds2 where they talk about transitory lands. maybe the areas where the lords of cinder are start pulling closer to firelink as the fire fades

>>335741827

alot of the throwbacks felt like fan service to mean instead of meaningful lore, almost like mgs4. but like i say im not bright and didn't decipher much from my first playthrough of ds3.
>>
>>335740708
>We did get to explore all that shit
There is nothing in the landscape we don't get to explore, it's even crazier than DS1 in that regard.

It's a shame that it doesn't all interconnect in a similar way.
>>
>>335742263
that guy, but yeah, some of Izlaith/Ruins lava flow polluted the surface of ash lake, I figure it just made like a hard crust above it and the rest is fine below.

Still hype for WATER SOULS, c'mon lets get that DEEP on.
>>
>>335742349

Naw dude they even say the shifting lands bs with this game, personally I dislike that kind of thing but it probably would have sucked being so constrained in terms of landscape. Both the posts you responded to were me so I will say I agree, much of the throwback stuff is pretty surface level in my understanding. That said seeing how little Anor Londo has changed/how much Ash Lake has is pretty engaging as a souls fan.
>>
>>335742496
maybe you will travel to the coming age of the deep sea in one of the DLCs. sands of carthus would be pretty cool aswell, i dont think we've got to explore a desert area.
>>
>>335740063
We've known that Demons Souls and Dark Souls are in the same universe since DS2. During the war of the giants, the giants came to drangleic from an unknown land "accross the sea". Drangleic and the Giants archstone from demons souls are both located in northern regions as well.
>>
>>335742728
it's weird cause we saw some in the In Game Promotional pics, I remember a guy in knights armour in a sandy area. I'll take a look.

But yes pleaaase give me deeps. Apparently there's 4 DLC coming, 2 expansions and 2 are something else, no clue what.
>>
>>335742816
oh cool, i remember people speculated that the last archstone in demon's souls was lordran, but what you say makes perfect sense.
>>
>>335742816
Across the sea doesn't mean "from the north" people tend to discredit DS2 because Miyazaki didn't have hand in it and it was made by From's B-team.
>>
>>335735346
Literally thousands of years have passed between every game. Nothing is the same place.
>Is castle Lothric built over Firelink Shrine in Lordran?
Of course not, Lordran crumbled into the sea thousands of years ago. Anor Londo only remains because Gwyndolin was preserving the grand cathedral with magic, or something.
>Is Drangleic on the same planet?
It was, thousands of years ago. Who knows how the landscape has changed since then?
>Is Darksouls lore poopooshit?
No, it's actually pretty good, but "IS CHARACTER X CHARACTER Y" and "IS LOCATION X LOCATION Y" are fucking retarded obnoxious questions that contribute nothing.

>>335740063
It's a throwback. Unless you have literal autism and need every story to fit into your grand unified headcanon, in which case yes, it's the exact same stormruler, Xanthous King Jeremiah is the Old Monk, Solaire is the Old Hero, Allant is the Ivory King, and Yharnam is located right next to Boletaria. Now you just need to fit King's Field, Shadow Tower and Armored Core in there and your autism is complete.
>>
>>335740708
>hate Lotthric castle

Nigga dat area is one of the best in design I've ever seen. Like you said, it's all visible at some point and you get to explore all of it at some point. And that isn't even the best part, the area is huge and the archive blows the duke's archive out of the water easily. It did feel a bit like Cainhurst castle, though. Still, Lothric castle deserves a prize for best vidya game castle ever.
>>
>>335743198
DS2 definitely doesn't deserve the hate it gets. i can understand that its not up to the same quality as DS1 though. i think if the game had all the DLC in it from release, people would've liked it alot more. SotFS makes it feel more complete with all the DLC.
>>
>>335743282

Smouldering Lake is clearly Ash Lake, and the Demon Ruins is mentioned as being Lost Izalith.
>>
If Irithyll is Anor Londo, where did the big ass wall go?
>>
>>335743514
Same guy here, I agree, DS2 is a good game, I personally don't like to class it as the same story? It feels like it veers off, the DLCs are by far the best parts, really does meld the world together, I just think the main game is a little shitty. Gameplay? Amazing, Story, Shitty, gone from "you being one of thousands of undead you're nothing special, you link the fire and die a fool like everyone else" to "you are the chosen fated sovereign, and you must take your throne!" and you can cure hollowness it's.. it breaks a lot of rules it only set the game before

It's a good game in all though, I think DS3 doesn't pay it much heed though, only references and side notes.
>>
>>335743792

Anor Londo just appeared one day. Its not in the same physical location as it was in DS1. As you can tell, its missing the Duke's Archives along with an entire mountain.
>>
File: why.jpg (27 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
27 KB, 500x375
>>335743282
damn pham no need to hate
>>
>>335743546
>Smouldering Lake is clearly Ash Lake
As far as we know, Ash Lake covered the entire surface of the world below the archtrees. So saying that smouldering lake is ash lake doesn't really amount to anything.

>Demon Ruins is mentioned as being Lost Izalith
Mentioned by some twat in a cage who doesn't know better. We saw the real Izalith in DS1, it's obviously not the exact same place in DS3. The chaos flame has been spreading under the surface of the world for thousands of years. It even ends up underneath Eleum Loyce in DS2.

>>335743792
A billion years of erosion will do that.
>>
>>335735729
Nah, Solaire was around the place for a while, it was hinted a few times. You find his patch in Undead Settlement next to estus soup, you find his talisman in Farron Woods, once again next to soup.
In the end, he didn't linked the fire, he wasn't a god, he was a mere man with a dream.
>>
>>335744309
The Demon ruins extend pretty wide, we can assume this is part of the big network that goes very deep down... don't know why the fairy lady is down so far in that case. Unless they attempted to move her.
>>
File: 1443065602684.gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1443065602684.gif
2 MB, 500x500
>>335744309

>find Quelaana's personal pyromancy tome in close proximity to the Demon Ruins
>"lol its not Lost Izalith"
>>
>>335744909
>>335744309
It's Lost Izalith having collapsed on top of Ash Lake.
>>
>>335744718

Miyazaki has stated that Solaire links the fire in his own world if the player keeps him alive.
>>
>>335742728
How could they make the desert super annoying?

>lots of one way inclines you slide down, usually into traps, pitfalls, or enemy mobs

>deeper sand that slows your movement

>quicksand that is barely able to be told apart from normal sand

>antlions that burrow constantly and can instantly teleport under you for a grab kill

>mirage bonfires/loot that result in ambushes or traps
>>
>>335745730
Something like Frigid Outskirts, but not as bullshit.
>>
>>335745730
>constant damage when in sunlight due to heat
>>
>the first game's themes and lore is all about the inevitable end of an age
>by the third game, the age is still around

I can't for Dark Souls 4: It's Still Going
>>
File: spiderburrow.gif (1016 KB, 239x205) Image search: [Google]
spiderburrow.gif
1016 KB, 239x205
>>335745730
those are all really cool ideas, and would fit well if they didn't over do them. a boss like a giant sand worm like from shadow of the colosus, or better yeah giant spiders that burrow in the sand. if you payed attention you could see their legs sticking out and not get caught.
>>
>>335735346
I can't wait for Konami to sue these guys for using their registered trademark "Kojima Productions"
>>
>>335746124
>massive sandstom in one area where you get ambushed by greatbow wielding snipers and submerged desert mercs

>pyramid filled with traps and mummies

>>335746165
Don't forget to pack Cool Drinks, doodl- er, Ashen One!
>>
File: 1436383689072.png (696 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1436383689072.png
696 KB, 1280x720
>>335735346
Maybe From are better game makers than story tellers, and continuity shouldn't be any bigger a concern in Souls games than it is in Mario or Zelda.
>>
>>335746335
It's just the cycle of death and rebirth that's so prevalent in mythology. It's something established since the first game. There was nothing definitive about the first game's ending and neither in this game for that matter.
The Age of Ancients is very reminiscent of how Zeus and the gang fucked up the Titans before their age, the waning of the Flame is similar to the Twilight of the Gods stuff such as the Ragnarok.
>>
>>335746652
i would agree. a game not having a story does not mean its a bad game at all. i just like talking about dark souls lore. what i feel the community fills in for darksoul's lack of explanation is really cool.
>>
File: !.webm (3 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
!.webm
3 MB, 720x404
Post webums
>>
>>335746606
So long it's something like the graveyard outside the Cathedral and not bullshit like the Ice Stags, I can dig it.
Something like Arbiter's Gronds from LoZ would be badass.
>>
>>335747006
i was not expecting that. im surprised he went along with you.
>>
>>335747002
Well okay then, I think speculation is interesting and fun too, I just think that people who complain about a lack of continuity or consistency between games need to be reminded, that's all.
>>
File: dankness4.webm (2 MB, 980x551) Image search: [Google]
dankness4.webm
2 MB, 980x551
>>335747006
>>
>>335746370
I mean the worm from Smouldering Lake is one of many in the Carthus Sands, so it makes sense to have a few of those, maybe younger ones and a big biiiig older one.
>>
File: stormruler-on-hand.jpg (25 KB, 300x416) Image search: [Google]
stormruler-on-hand.jpg
25 KB, 300x416
>>335740063
it doesn't even look like DeS storm ruler
>>
File: 1459127818988.jpg (33 KB, 493x386) Image search: [Google]
1459127818988.jpg
33 KB, 493x386
>invade guy right before rotted cursewood
>he won't budge
>after 10 minutes of fucking around, finally makes a break for the gate
>kill him by rolling into him repeatedly with kirk's armor
this was so silly
>>
>>335747425
thats the champion gundyr weapon right? if so i know what i need to get hah.

also anyone else think its lame that the storm ruler works on yhorm the giant, but no other giant in the game?
>>
>>335747892
Me, it suuuucked, I purposefully left some giants around on my last playthrough to have some fun with em. So buummed.
>>
>>335745576
>Source: My ass
>>
>>335747813
thats true, more likely just a fun reference then.
>>
>>335747892
This sucks so bad

they had a golden opportunity to make the normal giants insurmountable challenges you can't just kill to negate and you have to actually work around them, until you get the storm ruler and can nuke their shit easily

Letting the player see how far they've come with stuff like that is so much fun
>>
>>335748286
wow yeah that's a really good idea, maybe have them so strong that you need the weapon to get past them and into new areas.
>>
>>335748506
Well, no, I meant just having them not be feasibly killable with normal weapons or means so you can't simply plink the giant from range until it's dead to remove the challenge intended for that section, until you get the storm ruler which kills giants.

like the ones in Cathedral and Irithyll dungeon that guard a walkway and attack anyone who tries to get past them, you'd be forced to deal with the 'gimmick' of evading the giant's blows because you can't just kill it without the proper weapon.
>>
>>335748809
i see what you're saying.

how does everyone feel about bosses being vocal during fights, like oceiros? i loved it and thought just having something as small as a few lines gives the boss alot more character.
>>
>>335747425
>tfw THE CHAMP gear is somewhat compatible with my current Tarkus cosplay
>>
>>335748159
No it's legit, Miyazaki just said that it's possible that if Solaire survived, he'd link the fire. That's all, it's no game changing fact, it's just a "if he, then he, thats all" not HE'S THE NAMELESS KING LOLOLOL CONFIRM.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.