[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
be honest /v/, what modern features would you like to see in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 13
File: 15438_front.jpg (113 KB, 640x916) Image search: [Google]
15438_front.jpg
113 KB, 640x916
be honest /v/, what modern features would you like to see in legacy servers?
Vanilla was not perfect.
>>
If it turned out instead to be a dedicated Sven Coop server

WoW already exists, either play it or don't but don't throw a autizzy fit because you want something for free from a company running for profit
>>
>>335732674
rude desu
>>
I like the graphical update, they should keep that
>>
>>335732371
>An option to turn off and on Updated models
>Faster spawn timers just got back from Kronos and your literally contesting tooth and nail for every mob
>Remove ammo for Hunters its a massive gold sink
>Making grinding for certain stuff a little less harder example reduce 20 of X to 10 instead ones with outrageous numbers of course only.
>>
Literally nothing. Vanilla was not perfect but that's how I liked it.
>>
>>335732371

Nothing. I don't want to play a perfect videogame. I want to play a fun videogame. And Vanilla sure was fun. All those flaws (because I agree with you, there were flaws) were also part of the fun.
>>
>>335733351
i like having ammo. The problem for me is you need to spend an entire bag on just ammo.
>>
Flying mounts
>>
Two words: Dynamic Respawns. Waiting around for quest objectives is shit. And I'm talking lootable objects, too.

I'd also love if they shuffled around ore and herb spawns. Black Lotus were so expensive on Nost because everyone already knew the exact coordinates they spawned at, so they were camped forever.

Lessen the amount of gold it takes to respec.

There. Just made vanilla fun and engaging.
>>
AoE looting
Racial Totems

literally only acceptable changes
>>
>keep transmogs

>lower respawn timers

>keep LFG tool, because who the fuck are you kidding you aren't flying from darnassus to silithus

>make all raids and raid items into level 60 versions, for more content

>split BRD and the other dungeons up like they are on live

>remove attunement quests, because fuck attunement quests

>add death knight and monk but limit them to level 60
>>
LFR! But just so you can list groups, no automatic bullshit
loot all nearby corpses when you loot 1 corpse
modern graphics
tables (food + healthstones)

what i can think of right now.

maybe, just maybe, draeneis and blood elves would be nice to have in vanilla already.
>>
None at all apart from BNet integration.

Once you start tweaking shit you end up with the situation OSRS is in where they added shit like the GE back in and it barely even resembles old Runescape any more.
>>
Dual spec would be the only one. I hated being a holy priest and having to spec to shadow to grind money.
>>
>>335734310
This is a joke post right?
>>
>>335734137
I'd be fine with expensive respecs but instead let you have dual specs like now.
>>
>>335732371
A legacy Vanilla server would be great for about 2 years, and then it would become fucked because nothing is moving forward.
>>
>>335734310
>remove attunement quests
For what reason?
>>
update the graphics and item models and textures.
>>
>>335734346
Infact on second thought, one very minor change, make ores/bars/pots stackable to 20. I'd even think that would be too much of a change.
>>
>People actually prefer the dogshit new Pixar models WoW has today

You've got shit taste.
>>
>>335732371
New water.

Though not perfect, all of the elements together created a far more compelling and lived-in ROLE PLAYING GAME--A WORLD-than Blizz has ever dreamed of achieving post.

So, nothing else.
>>
>>335733924

If quivers gave damage instead of attack speed it would have been fine. Hunters needed a damage buff and the attack speed was actually a dps loss because how aimed shot timing.

As for the OP there are a ton of changes I would keep parts of. But every improvement usually has a backdraw. For example, when mages were given time warp as alternative to bloodlust. Seems like a good idea, giving more options for a powerful buff. But doing that is robbing shamans of class identity, if the patches balance is a bit wonky and mages are doing twice as much damage as shamans, and priests are doing twice as effective healing then there is literally no reason to bring a shaman to a group or a raid.
>>
>>335734726
They were dogshit Pixar models back then too, just ridiculously low quality.
>>
>>335734440
no

>>335734494
they were retarded and weren't challenging at all

>oh hurr u wanna go naxx yeah u gotta grind some rep first bro lol even though youre fully kitted in tier 2 / 2.5 you should totally run stratholme a hundred times and deal with people rolling on the same rep items as you, great fun!

while we're at it, remove all those fucking keys required for various dungeons in vanilla too

>LF1M UBRS
>lol who has key
>...
>you have been removed from the group
>>
>>335734726
the old models looked like retarded mechanical monkeys.
>>
>>335732371
They should just make PvP server without questing. That's what I think was the best in Vanilla. PvP.
>>
>>335734896
thats retarded shadow damage was crazy overpowered, and warlocks + shadow priests DOMINATED pvp back then

also instant 100% chain lightning crit from ele shamans = balanced? i arent think that.
>>
>>335734820
Once you start removing big parts of the game like you're suggesting, no matter how "tedious" you think it is, it gets one step closed to becoming what retail is like. People don't want retail when they're playing a Vanilla server.
>>
>>335735115
>big parts of the game

>instances locked behind reputation grinds

? ? ? ? ? ?
>>
>>335734820
>attunement quests
>retarded
Don't cry to me if you're not good enough to gain access to a raid. Make/find a group, and do it properly. It's a social game for a reason; there are people everywhere, and you'll appreciate the rewards so much more, which is the entire point. It makes you feel good that you put all that work into it.
>>
>>335735190
nigga there is a reason i know the attunement quest for naxx, i did everything up till sapphiron before BC hit

the attunements were retarded, nothing but a boring chore
>>
>>335735184
If you're not Exalted with Argent Dawn by the time Naxx comes out you're a fucking retard anyway because Argent Dawn rep gives enchants. It's also an easy as fuck rep to grind and you get at least revered doing Strat/Scholo runs gearing up for preraid.
>>
Absolutely nothing.
Some specs were complete shit, but people still used them just for the hell of it.
That's the beauty of MMORPG
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_072015_230947.jpg (712 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_072015_230947.jpg
712 KB, 1920x1080
>>335734795
why are you lying?

The only remotely expressive faces in vanilla wow were night elf females.

Pretty much every other character model was stoic looking. Particularly the horde races.
>>
>>335735264
People like you should just stick to live

Whole point of vanilla is playing it without all the QoL improvements and having shit handed to you like a baby
>>
>updated models and animations
>object silhouettes
>dynamic respawns (crowded zones have faster respawns)
>dual specs
>AoE looting
>BNet integration
>5 drops per boss instead of 3

That's it. I've heard there were problems with Naxx because you spent the whole week farming for consumables and a lot of guilds couldn't manage, maybe making it a bit less grindy.
>>
>>335735264
>nothing but a boring chore
Nigga most of vanilla was "a boring chore", but if you don't grind you get nothing. By grinding, getting into Naxx feels like an achievement in itself, and chances are that everyone in your group will be excited to be there; something that is sorely lacking in retail right now.
The long game, the set-up to achieve something was all part of the original game. And yes, grinding is a chore, but having things just handed to you is not rewarding.
>>
>>335732371
for the vanilla zones to have as good of a quest flow as outland and northrend (maybe they changed this in xpacs after wotlk, i quit before panda express came out)

maybe some more cool world bosses and some more neat easter egg type things that reward exploration.

not getting pvp flagged because all you want to do is save time by flying over wintergrasp to go pick herbs in sholazar as long as you stay at a very high altitude
>>
>>335735862
I'm >>335735805
Even if you don't make it less grindy, it was absolutely retarded that healers had to grind the same as deeps and even tanks. A mage could mow through mobs when grinding, while a healer had to rest after a few.
Don't wanna casualize the grind? Ok, but then give healers (and pretty much everybody) dual specs.
>>
>>335732371

Feature: AoE/Auto Loot
Technical: Not dismounting when hitting water
>>
>>335736125
I remember farming blue dragonscale on my resto shaman.. took quite a while and since they were all elites i had to rest often. dual specs would be awesome indeed
>>
People don't want modern features.

People want pure, unadulterated vanilla ice cream.
>>
Cast Sequence macros.
>>
>>335736804
i want vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce
>>
Transmog
>>
>>335737216
Get the fuck out of here Blizzard shill.
>>
>>335736804
And then they will want TBC. There is no pleasing this autistic fanbase and there will always be bitching and moaning.
>>
>>335736804
i want vanilla ice cream with tbc syrup and some wotlk cherries and that's it.
>>
>>335732371
Transmog

Better Models.
>>
Did WoD become free today?
It's saying I can have a 90 boost even though I haven't resubbed or bought Wod.
>>
>>335734310
So you want to play retail?
>>
File: 5.jpg (122 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
122 KB, 1600x1067
>>335736804
you don't speak for me

i want some motherfucking neapolitan
>>
>>335733351
Yeah, nothing wrong with ammo, just needs its own fucking bag slot instead of taking up one.

The grinding of quest mobs for vanilla was more because you end up having to grind at certain levels, so our might as well be grinding on quest mobs. How ever, yes, go collect 20 ears from these animals. Every second animal only has 1 ear for you to collect..... Guess I damaged them during combat?????
>>
remember when crafting gear mattered? I want that back.
I made a lvl 35 or something helm once after i found the recipe from a drop and gathered the resources. Was amazing.
>>
The only thing I would consider adding is dual specs and the healing only into all spell power change. It was disparately punishing on healers to farm anything they needed; and I say this as a fury warrior in vanilla.
>>
>>335732371
As much time as you fucks spend on these threads, you could have developed your own MMO by now

who gives a shit, Blizz gonna do what Blizz gonna do
>>
>>335738008
And I'm gonna do your mom looool
>>
>>335732371
Dual spec and transmogs.
>>
>>335737786
The +healing thing would require retuning of a shit ton of items. +healing was found in higher quantities than +healing/damage on the same quality of item.
>>
>>335738008
>developing an mmo without 100 people and 10s of millions
>viable
>>
>>335737786
Weren't there +damage and healing items back then? I thought it was neat you had to have different sets of gear for different occasions, like farming, pvp, healing, etc. That's a lot more rpg-like than today's WoW.
>>
>>335737728
quest items should be guaranteed drops and if you're in a group everyone should be able to loot them
having to do the quest 2 or 3 times because you have a friend with you is awful
and shit like gloomweed shouldn't despawn, it was a nightmare trying to do that quest on nost
>>
>>335739314
Yes, +damage, +damage/healing, and +healing existed separately. Many times +damage would only be for a certain school of magic as well.
>>
>>335738008
if i wasn't a piece of shit and i actually knew how to make games, yeah i'd make one. But this is not the case.
>>
File: Alien2.png (168 KB, 700x642) Image search: [Google]
Alien2.png
168 KB, 700x642
>>335732371
>what modern feature
For it to exist
>>
>>335733351
>already exists
>but muh vanilla experience
>huntards deserve it
>but muh vanilla experience
>>
I would actually like an option to still use the new models. But other than that there's nothing that really comes to mind.
>>
>>335734137
nost added dynamic herbs early this year, imo you can also have dynamic mob respawns and still call it vanilla blizzlike, since the only point of that feature is to compensate for super high realm pops
>>
File: 1382066884008.jpg (65 KB, 433x482) Image search: [Google]
1382066884008.jpg
65 KB, 433x482
>>335732371
Dungeon Finder
Transmogs
Retail Races/Classes except Death Knight and probably no Pandas either.
AoE looting
Heirlooms although I could do without.

No garrisons, updated models or whatever else and i'll be golden pony boy.
>>
>>335734726
>hating having choices
>>
File: bobbeh.png (199 KB, 549x488) Image search: [Google]
bobbeh.png
199 KB, 549x488
>>335741685
>dungeon finder
>transmogs
>>>dungeon finder
>>
File: 1384469525140.gif (108 KB, 451x311) Image search: [Google]
1384469525140.gif
108 KB, 451x311
>>335741851
Fuck you I like muh convenience.
Spamming chat with LFG/LFM isn't convenient. It's just another chore.
>>
File: BROTH.png (180 KB, 307x259) Image search: [Google]
BROTH.png
180 KB, 307x259
>>335742241
Please kill yourself, you're the reason retail is so fucking garbage.

This ain't a single player game, dumb animeposter. If you're too autistic to be able to find a group, you don't deserve to run through a dungeon.
>>
>>335732371
All I need is the ui to be the modern one. Vanilla ui is crap
>>
>>335742507
You must be 18 to post here.

Seriously fuck off mouth breathing autist literally nobody is going to spend their limited times these days sitting in chat doing fuck all.

>but just gotta get a g r-

Yea have fun for certain heroic dungeons so far out no one did but I needed.

>muh normies

Normies keep them afloat
>>
>>335742507
You're going to be in a group regardless of whether or not there is a dungeon finder anyways so I don't see how spamming chat for a group is much different. You're just cutting the time and effort it takes to find one.
>>
>>335742552
it's the exact same UI, plus some stuff they copied from older addons

>>335742695
maybe LFD for leveling and normals but definitely not heroics
>>
>>335742695
>he disagrees so he must be underage!!!
Nice argument, faggot.
It doesn't take a long time to find a fucking group. Find a guild. Find some friends. People who are willing to do shit with you. It's called a fucking MMO for a reason you shitskin. The only reason you would have such a tough time finding a dungeon is because you're an asocial retard who doesn't know how to socialize.

>muh normies
I didn't say shit about normies faggot, stop projecting
>>
>>335742832
>LFG
>find Q, get teleported to dungeon, do it, without typing anything
>actually looking for a group
>meet new people, travel to the dungeon together, talk and make friends and form a community, actually do things with other people in the community
>>
>>335740452
>>already exists

>be honest /v/, what modern features would you like to see in legacy servers?
>what modern features
>modern features
>>
>>335734074
kill yourself
FUCKING PVP WAS GOOD IN VANILLA
>>
>>335735805
drop aoe looting, if dual spec make respec very expensive and you are golden
>>
>>335734405
Literally retarded
>>
>>335743105
The only time I talked or made friends in vanilla was with world pvp.

>meet new people, travel to the dungeon together, talk and make friends and form a community, actually do things with other people in the community
This never happens when looking for a dungeon group.
>>
>>335743640
they can just drop the respec cost way down, there are addons that can restore your bars and talents afterwords, and having to travel back to town to respec is a good trade-off
>>
>>335732371
Nothing except it being integrated with the battle.net system. And if that's not possible, I'm fine with everything being as it was.
>>
File: fuck_you_too.jpg (202 KB, 460x420) Image search: [Google]
fuck_you_too.jpg
202 KB, 460x420
ITT:
>cata babies
>mop newfags
>wod cancer

Just stay the fuck out of the whole legacy matter if you just want a singleplayer game without the garrisons.
>>
>>335734137
>Lessen the amount of gold it takes to respec.
>There. Just made vanilla fun and engaging.
NO
That's one of the things that made Vanilla great. There's no sense of self, or identity, if you can just spec around whenever the fuck you want.
>>
>>335732371
The new professions. Scrolls can be so useful but are so hard to come by.
>>
>>335744131
That's really strange, because that's how I found the majority of my friends/guildmates.
>>
File: 1460321494916.png (426 KB, 477x453) Image search: [Google]
1460321494916.png
426 KB, 477x453
>>335734310

>keep LFG tool, because who the fuck are you kidding you aren't flying from darnassus to silithus

FUCK OFF YOU FUCKING MORON. YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT MMOs

I WISH I COULD FUCKING STRANGLE YOU
>>
>>335732371
Maybe changing the way it deals with HD resolutions at best, update that to how it handles it from wotlk and beyond.

Everything else can stay the same
>>
>>335744562
Fucking this.

Just fuck off fucking retards. We want Vanilla, not modern world of trashcraft
>>
>>335744131

Yes it did. It happened all the time. More importantly you actually spoke to people because they were on your server and actually part of your community and the dungeon was difficult because it was allowed to be difficult because people were ready to accept a challenge and today dungeons are a leveling up mechanism.

You never played pre-wotlk. I can tell.
>>
>>335734310
If you were that lazy you got a Warlock to summon you, but it was at the cost of them hating you forever since nobody ever wants to help the Warlock summon people when they could be jumping around like idiots or doing nothing.
>>
Level 40 mount gold reduced from 100g to 90g
Level 60 mount gold reduced from 1000g to 900g
>>
>>335732371
Mounts obtainable by lvl 20, but upgrades only on 60.
Dynamic respawn rate on quest monsters.
Queuing for BGs from a BG queue, not having to afk on cities if you want to PVP.
Wotlk skills so that certain classes weren't absolutely useless (would make prot pala useful, for instance).
>>
>>335744703
You're lying and you know it.
>>
>>335745298
Those are the prices if you have revered rep with your own faction, which you should unless you didn't do quests or something like that. It's a 10% discount for revered rep and a further 10% for having rank 3 or above.
>>
>>335744951
They were willing to do challenging dungeons because they had 8 hours between college/high school. Everyone else grew up. You stayed a NEET. Deal.
>>
>>335744703
>>335745456
Sorry, I thought you meant with LFG.
>>
>>335745470
>le no time meme
I was a full-time college student and I still had the time dude. It's called setting a schedule. Don't ruin our games because you're too retarded to section up your time.
>>
>>335744703
>You never played pre-wotlk. I can tell.
If you say so.
>>
>>335745470
get good and do it in 2 hours or fuck off and stop ruining shit
>>
>>335737728
soul bag would be nice too
>>
Battlepets.

/thread
>>
>>335733351
I don't think increased spawn timers would be really needed on retail legacy servers with a blizzlike population and a server cap. I have no idea what Krono's population I imagine pretty high with all the nostfugees, even with the increased spawn rates nost was so bad with its population I was only raid logging.

They could make it cheaper I guess but ammo was a part of hunter's until cata they would need to adjust the damage on every weapon to compensate for the lack of ammo, obviously they did this with cata but I don't see them going that far on a legacy server.

>>335735184
People seem to forget that ALL BC heroics were locked behind reputation, it was only honored but it was still a requirement.
>>
>>335746059
What is wrong with you.
>>
Mostly a few quality of life improvements. Dual specing, a party finder (Not LFD/LFR matchmaking), maybe updated models wouldn't care either way on that.

There's not really many changes I would want dual specing is the only one I would love to see. I hated not being able to pvp because I was not spending 100g a week to re-spec from prot to arms.
>>
File: PF.png (82 KB, 731x471) Image search: [Google]
PF.png
82 KB, 731x471
>>335741685
>>335742241
The only form of this that would be fine would be a party finder like FFXIV has (I believe retail WoW has it outside of LFD/LFR). You could post what your looking for but it would not be an automatic matchmaking that teleports you to a dungeon. Better than spamming in LFG chat.

Screenshot is what I'm referring to.
>>
raid finder
>>
Everything in the game during TBC sans flying mounts is pretty much perfection.

As cool as it is to fly it does somehow make it less immersive and clashes between factions go away.
>>
I like how pandas were in original warcraft and just now you fags want them removed. Fuck off.
>>
>>335745307
>Wotlk skills so that certain classes weren't absolutely useless (would make prot pala useful, for instance).

Biggest issue with doing things like this is gearing. Tier sets for any class with heals was geared towards healing. Just using prot pally as an example your only gear in raids would be random tank plate drops for the most part and you would start falling behind warriors quickly in gear. They would have to re-vamp a lot of the loot in raids because some specs just have so little gear that is available.
>>
Update old bosses so they have more mechanics on par with modern day WoW
Ammo bag seperate from normal bags
Soulbag seperate from normal bags
Dual specs (fuck you, this one brilliant idea blizz have had)
Keep updated models, give option to turn them off and on.
I'd say transmogs but I only transmog my gear into the first 3 tiers anyway.
Toys
Pets (battle and non-battle, don't care much)
Better talent trees
>>
>>335747638
>april fool's joke race gets in over Ethereals/Naga/Bird People/Ogres
>LITERALLY KUNG FU PANDA
kys
>>
>>335745656
He's probably too busy taking care of his wifes son.
>>
File: 1393379960121.gif (2 MB, 158x158) Image search: [Google]
1393379960121.gif
2 MB, 158x158
>>335747523
>>
>>335734137
>>335733351

Real vanilla had better dynamic respawn than Kronos.
>>
>>335748026
Kronos is a garbage server anyway. People are only playing there because there's really no other option for vanilla.
>>
>everyone wanting dual spec
Kill yourselves
>>
>>335748291
>Never played a healer
Go fuck yourself
>>
File: Blizzard fans.jpg (44 KB, 736x543) Image search: [Google]
Blizzard fans.jpg
44 KB, 736x543
I'd like to see Blizzard headquarters burn to the ground.
>>
ITT: Blizzard trying to gather proof people dont REALLY want vanilla wow
>>
>>335744562
>>335744906

Not everyone is as autistic as you, sorry.
>>
>>335748579
played both priest and druid in vanilla, if you have difficulties farming you are a fucking moron who should stick to garrisons.
>>
LFG and flying mounts ruined world of warcraft.
>>
>>335747732
Which, thinking better, is the only actual problem vanilla had for me, imo.

It was really unbalanced. The only viable healer were priests, and the only viable tanks were warriors.

If Blizz released a vanilla realm with class rebalances, i'd surely play the shit out of it.
>>
>>335750640
>The only viable healer were priests
What do you think druids, paladins, and shamans did?
>>
>>335750931
They were crying on the corner, being suboptimal healers. Especially holy paladins.
>>
>>335750931
Shammys and Pallys were fine but druids were by far the weakest healer even with battle rez. HoT's didn't stack among other things. I remember seeing raid comps for top guilds during the big battle to get world first on four horseman some raids only had 1 druid healer and it was mostly for mark of the wild.
>>
>>335748579
>dpsing as a healer
neck you're self
>>
>>335735190
The problem with half the attunements wasn't that they were long or hard, it was that they weren't intuitive to come across. I mean the UBRS key was a quest from Vael who was hiding in a nook that was easily missed in LBRS. Getting the key wasn't hard. Its just that you usually didn't know you needed one because it was common enough that there was never a big hullabaloo when it was used to open the door, and only became an issue when not 1 of the 10 people you got for the raid actually had it because every sucker up to that point had been carried by the fact that it was pretty common to have it.
>>
>>335752197
I always wondered who actually found some of this shit with attunments when WoW first came out and there were no guides out there.

Not an attunement but the aqual quintessence for rag/domo in MC for example who the fuck would have actually checked a random island in butt fucking egypt in Ashzara for the quests? The only indication you would have had that the hydraxian waterlords existed would be if you did MC or killed some of the mobs in silithus for rep. Mind you silithus was basically an unfinished dead zone until patch 1.9.
>>
>>335753296
For Hydraxian Waterlords, it was initially intended to be a rep grind in Molten Core to keep raids from advancing too fast. Being able to find info was never really a problem, since back then you had Thottbot and such, but there was a pretty big issue that players didn't know what they didn't know.
Thread replies: 137
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.