[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck this guy. Literally only a second delay to cast your attack.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (224 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
224 KB, 1920x1080
Fuck this guy. Literally only a second delay to cast your attack.
>>
>>335729061
Yeah, no.
You can beat him with any playstyle. Sure, sorcs are a little tougher, but he has plenty of open windows from which to murder.
>>
>>335729061

You never hit him more than two times in a row and focus on your rolling timing and it will be easy
>>
I switched to a butcher knife from my large club just for him
>>
That guy is crazy. Been putting down my summon sign yersterday all evening, never had to wait more than five seconds. Just how many are stuck at him?

Unrelated, but when I get to the ending, I can keep playing and not directly ends up in NG+, right?
>>
>>335729792
Not that far myself but from what I've heard you're right, you don't have to go to NG+ directly.
>>
>>335729792
>Unrelated, but when I get to the ending, I can keep playing and not directly ends up in NG+, right?

Yup, you have to choose the NG+ option at the firelink bonfire
>>
>>335729939
>>335730002
Alright thanks
>>
>>335729792

>get summoned
>2 other phantoms and host all die during the dragon part

>mfw
>>
>>335729061
he is just artorias 2.0. phase 1 is bullshit though. how are you supposed to dodge the dragon if you cant see it?
>>
>>335730076
The dragon part is easy as shit

The guy is harder than Artorias tho
>>
>>335730076
>try no lock-on.
This. Kudos to whoever wrote this before his fog wall. If I could rate this message more than once I'd do that 100 times.
>>
>>335729061
My issue was the first phase.
The dragon's wings kept blocking the screen, the head was hard as shit to hit and that firebreath from the sky would just one-hit me at 15 vig...
>>
>>335730471

There are a lot of openings for the head.

Every time the nameless king swings his lance you can hit the head

The best opening is the fire breath
>>
>In archdragon peak
>Out of estus and low on health
>See a lever, assume it is a shortcut, and run straight to it.
>Activate the boss.
>Walk away and see a hint that tells me to not activate the switch if I want to follow the path of the dragon.
Fuck my ass.
>>
File: 1461527279269.gif (1 MB, 369x326) Image search: [Google]
1461527279269.gif
1 MB, 369x326
>>335729061
>tfw beat him with an UGS
>>
>>335729792
How's your success rate? I can't arsed to help with bosses where the host is so likely to killed.
>>
>>335729061
First half is easy. I'm assuming you can get past that. When you're just fighting him get in his face and roll towards him with every sword attack and you should be able to get a hit on his back almost every time. When he starts using lightning spells keep an eye out for the one where he's charging up his sword for that lightning strike. I usually just constantly rolled away until that strike hit and then just ran right back at him. I'm not saying he's an easy boss, but he is manageable if you just focus up the whole fight.
>>
>>335730696
I did that as well, think I was running from an invader as well, but don't worry. Ringing the bell has absolutely no consequences. I think the only change was that the non-boss wyvern doesn't appear again before you beat the boss.
>>
>>335729792
I want you to know that you are a fucking bro. Just beat him with a summon after 30 some odd tries and I don't think I have ever felt greater affection for another player of an online game.
>>
>>335730425
>>335730076
Are people really not locking on during the first phase? It's so easy though, you just move it to the Nameless King in flight and back to King of the Storm on land.
>>
File: 1355018451625.jpg (72 KB, 473x295) Image search: [Google]
1355018451625.jpg
72 KB, 473x295
>when the hardest part of the fight is the camera
>>
>>335729460
I just beat him in 2 tries as a sorcerer, so close to 1. Much easier then dodging his attacks up close to hit him once or twice.

And I'm not even a git gud fag, on my first character I had to have died 20 or so times.
>>
>>335729061
I beat him 5th try.
The hard part is the first phase.

When he is circling you in the air, dodge the lightning bolt and run towards him, roll as he swoops in.

Dodge the telegraphed spear attacks.

Stay away from being under him, the dragon will use a fire breath that lasts like an hour.

Second phase, he is literally just a spear knight when some dashes.
>>
>>335731602
Don't be so stupid. They considered the camera deeply and you are essentially punished for staying locked.

Unlock and look around, there are zero problems with the camera in this fight, you're just impatient and bad
>>
Rolling is so fucking overpowered and fast and consequence free in Dark Souls 3 that if you know every attack of a boss by memory it's very easy to never ever get hit, against every boss.

They went so overboard with how effective the roll is. A million fucking invincibility frames throughout basically the entire animation, very fast startup and end, and doesn't get penalties from equip load until all the way to 70%. And also the Estus animation is nearly instant, just like Bloodborne, so it's so easy to just heal almost whenever you want, bosses can't punish you as much for it.

DS3 is weird because enemies and bosses are far more aggressive and dangerous, but the gameplay mechanics are so broken in your favor that it more than balances out.
>>
>>335729061
Dragonslayer Greatshield makes this into a Flamelurker-tier fight. Just do that if you don't want to evade constantly
>>
>>335732154
It's a lateral change. It went from "Shield until you can get one hit in" to "Evade until you can get one hit in"
I went into Dark Souls 1 off Bloodborne dodgerolling and trying to use the bandit dagger and by the end I was a Havel cosplayer. On the inverse my friend went in to dark souls 3 from the previous series and he kept trying to parry everything and shielding around to their back, and currently more likely to try and dodge roll into them.
He still tries to parry when he's using the Uchigatana though because he thinks it's cool
>>
>>335729061
>use fume bat with pine resin for p1
>switch to longsword for p2&3
>roll-roll-swing
If you get greedy with attacks he will fuck you up. It's not a race, take your time and watch for the telegraphs.
>>
Fav boss in a soul game bar manus
>>
Pretty easy me negros

https://youtu.be/bJMjNkODK0Q?t=26
>>
>>335732154
am I the only one that thinks rolling is a retarded mechanic in the first place? did this come from fighting games or something?

doing a somersault is a pretty retarded way to not get cleaved by an axe

shielding and parrying should be the acceptable mechanics for defense

sword combat wasn't balanced or graceful. the person who overwhelmed the opponent by bashing their head in won. not sure why game combat has to be graceful to be satisfying

if they removed some mechanical finesse it might make the game feel frightening again
>>
I admit, I had to summon for him...
I want to do it alone at some point but I don't have the time to keep doing this.
>>
>>335733230
wow you're bad at this game
>>
>>335732154
That's because, despite the shit this game is getting for being a direct sequel to DaS, it borrows a lot more from DeS, e.g:
>Fast roll/Fat roll with no inbetween
>More i-frames
>Return to puzzle bosses
>Certain encounters are very similar to DeS, such as the walk up to the two princes. It even has 3 red-eye knights at the end.
>>
>>335733492
even DSP got it under 40 tries you worthless shitstain

holy fuck you are bad at the video game
>>
File: ayayayaya.png (80 KB, 252x226) Image search: [Google]
ayayayaya.png
80 KB, 252x226
>>335733230
>straight sword and a greatshield
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZsnzufiyx0
>>
He's probably the boss I had the most trouble with, which took me a whopping 5 tries.
Why the hell were all the bosses so easy? Hell, why was everything so easy?
>>
>>335729061
You need a good weapon. One or two hits at a time, and then after ~60% he will stagger and the rest is easy. He staggers again pretty quickly and then he dies.

It seemed to be the same for most of the end bosses humanoid bosses, they have one small window and the rest of the time you have to memorize their attack pattern and roll accordingly.
>>
>>335733619
What makes you think I took 40 tries? I did 4 last night and got it on the third today.
>>
>>335733641
>0:33
I beat him after about 10 goes, but that fuckhuge hitbox on his slams got me more than anything else. I guess it was too easy to dodge without it? Because the rest of the game has pretty on-point hitboxes.
>>
He's easy if you're not an impatient bitch
>>
File: Fib2sWc.png (78 KB, 282x300) Image search: [Google]
Fib2sWc.png
78 KB, 282x300
>>335729061
Beat him 4th try solo, not even hard you can even riposte him.
>>
>>335733230
Nice famalam

Here's mine, I used a Greataxe which is a far manlier weapon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypIEt8zFVJY

The shit range of the axe makes me miss a few attacks in the first phase, but you can see just how ridiculously fast it staggers the drake.
>>
>finished 1 and 2 without knowing there's a lock-on feature
>using it feels like cheating now
git gud fgts
>>
Yeah, you just have to get your reactions down. If you keep rolling like you would out of anticipation, this boss will definitely whoop your ass many times (which he did with me). Worst part is being stunlocked after being hit once because of bad dodging.

On a different note, I see a lot of people complain about the difficulty of the bosses and I agree. Anyone know what they're like in ng+? I don't wanna jump into ng+ yet but I'm certainly curious. For me, Bloodborne felt a lot more "right" in ng+ and mostly every boss was a total pushover in ng; so maybe it's the case with this game as well?
Also I was asking this before but didn't get a reply: What is the better approach - respec to a different build and jump into ng+ or start over and go for the desired build? I'm asking this because I believe it's kinda lame if you already have everything at your exposal from the start.
>>
>>335734294
Ironically, not locking on is a lot better in most instances. I feel like enemies are designed with you locking on and only being able to strafe in mind, having free movement fucks over a lot of mobs and bosses attempts to attack.
>>
>>335734343
>On a different note, I see a lot of people complain about the difficulty of the bosses and I agree

That they're too easy?
Well, I think they just need a lot more health.

And no NG+ is disappointingly easy so far. It feels like they should give almost NG+ health levels to NG bosses instead, because they just die too fast.
>>
>>335733974
Yeah it's pretty wonky. Though most of my trouble came from the ground being a solid color, that shit threw me off way more than it should have.
>>
Dragonslayer Great Shield and lightening plate ring turns this boss into a complete joke. You can wear no armor and just tank every single hit with that shield. Also the dragon is the easiest part of the fight. It's another one of those bosses where locking-on works against you.
>>
>>335734687

Locking is not good against large enemies, it's common sense
>>
>>335734294
>>335734452
Locking on is better in 2 instances
Dodging into attacks and shielding
Shielding is hell without lock on
>>
>>335734579
That's unfortunate, really.
I'm definitely wondering if it's just because we all got used to the souls formula or if they really are a lot easier this time around. Like I was replaying DeS earlier this year and I still had my shit kicked in occasionally. I think a big factor is the estus in this game. There were instances were I surely would have died in DaS3 if it had the slow estus from previous games.
>>
>>335734579
>more health
The only reason that nameless is so hard is because of his much larger health pool, true.
>>
>>335734071

Damn man, the great axe really fucks up the dragon. That's about twice the damage I was doing.
>>
>>335735214
Can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but it's definitely a considerable factor of the fight.
>>
>>335734071
>that critical damage on the chicken
Goddamn. Greataxe looks really fun to use, though the range on it seems kinda lacking.
>>
>>335735527
he has a very predictable and basically free first form and his second form isn't much tougher. The only reason I see people die to him is because they can't take him down before they get stunlocked. His health makes the chances of making a mistake overtime go up dramatically.
>>
>>335735789
if you want more range just use the black knight great axe. it's really solid this game.
>>
>>335729061
>cast your attack
>cast
Kill yourself magic shitter.
>>
File: dragonslayer_greatshield.jpg (78 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
dragonslayer_greatshield.jpg
78 KB, 325x325
Dude
>>
>>335729061

>getting close to him

There's your problem.
>>
>>335735789
I don't know why the damage is that fucking high on the dragon, honestly, it REALLY fucks him up. As you can see the damage is kind of normal on the king himself, and most enemies, but for some reason it just destroys the dragon.

Yeah the range is shit, but it's very fast considering the absurd damage it does. I was at 40 STR/40 FTH on the video, I kind of regret going Faith because it's shit right now, but at least Lightning Blade gives a very good boost to AR.
>>
File: 1461674846667.gif (255 KB, 256x540) Image search: [Google]
1461674846667.gif
255 KB, 256x540
just parry it
>>
What the fuck are these tree like things flying in the sky?
>>
>>335739516
You're mom
>>
>>335739516
Because those are not trees
>>
>>
>>335739516
The angels. They are what the tree hollows become. See left
>>
>>335731602

>it's another ''Souls babby uses lock-on on every single enemy and boss''-episode
>>
>>335729061
roll roll attack
>>
>>335733230
Kek you're seriously pretty shit and got away lucky a few times. I guess the result counts tho.
>>
>>335733717
Because this is your 3rd souls game
>>
his charge forward when he kind of squats and brings the halberd close to himself is cheap because the damage starts early otherwise hes nice even with having to kill the bird everytime
>>
>>335729792
>kill him in ng
>skip him in ng+
>try again in ng++
holy fuck theres actually a noticable, big difference in difficulty. i dunno if i will ever beat him now. i tried summoning and sometimes the phantom will black crystal out, they must realize its ng++ or something
>>
I did this guy on my first go with a +10 raw estoc. I just dodged a lot and took pokes when I got the chance. I did use a ton of estus. I found other bosses much more frustrating.
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.