[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The hardest boss in the game for me, it was the same in DS1 with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
The hardest boss in the game for me, it was the same in DS1 with moonlight butterfly. Why?

I beat the majority of the end bosses on my first try, including SoC and nameless king
>>
The hardest for you was Crystal Sage?

Or is that another boss? I haven't got very far yet but Crystal Sage was a pushover.
>>
>>335728687
Sage was easy as long as you know how to manage the battlefield. Take out any of the fakes with punches that will be close to the real thing, then nail the real one immediately.
>>
>>335728687
the only 2 bosses in dark souls 3 that should remotely give a challenge is the storm king and champion gundyr, everyone else is a pushover one and done boss. Which is sad since a lot of the bosses have interesting designs and great themes.
>>
Crystal sage was pretty easy, only took me a couple trys. The clones are just semi annoying
>>
>>335728687
How? You literally just run up to him and hit him. When he makes clones, just fucking roll and hit the one making a pink orb.
>>
>king of the storm
>what if the boss was the camera?
>GENIUS
>>
You see, this thread is funny because the moonlight butterfly and the crystal sage are generally considered to be easy bosses.

Epic!
>>
>>335728972
I know, I hear that all day. When people say Champ Gundyr and pontiff are hard im fucking lost since I slobber knocked them while this fuck killed me 12 times. I also died to that fucking butterfly in ds1 like 20 times and O+S only like 14. I don't know why
>>
>>335728687
Isn't aldrich literally a Harder vesion of this
>>
>>335728687
>crystal sage and moonlight butterfly are considered to be the easiest bosses so I'll say I had a hard time with them XDDD
>nameless king first try, orphan of kos and ludwig too btw :~)
You were probably one of those kids who loved to make shit up on the fly when talking to friends. Fuck you Kevin
>>
>>335729171
nigga this aint a fucking comedy thread you twat, i legit got my shit pushed in by those two.
>>
>>335729273
No aldrich only got me once with that arrow appoclypse thing he did, it's just him so I never had an issue. Sage doesn't get me until all his clones start firing half your health death beams as im trying to take them out.

>>335729304
Yeah except they don't say they lose to easy bosses you stupid autist. I don't have a problem with bosses like SoC and namless king, they weren't hard to me and im losing to butterflies that are literally normal enemies later in the game. I'm not stroking my ego you donut and if you could manage to think and read at the same time you'd catch on to that.
>>
File: 1441128119572-1.png (199 KB, 531x433) Image search: [Google]
1441128119572-1.png
199 KB, 531x433
>>335728687
>I beat the majority of the end bosses on my first try
>>
>>335729692
It's probably due to multiple angles of attack/and or/very strong, unblockable attacks.
Pop on your best Magic Def gear and both fights are laughably easy. You can stand in Crystal Sage's soul spears and be just fine.Plus, by that time, you can have a 90 Mag block shield already, if you need even more lols.

Or, just be a little more aggressive with Sage and it becomes easy, too. As soon as his clones start appearing, run straight for them and use a quick weapon to poke them once, then swap back to your good weapon for hitting the final one.
>>
>>335729978
yeah im a slow weapon user, two handed big nigga shit most of the time. I'll wear heavy armor but generally doesnt have high MR on it. Probably my issue with getting backstabbed by omega soul spears and him making it rain on me.

>>335729708
SoC was legit a joke, I was confused that the fight was over. Nameless king is harder in his first phase than his second and his second is just 'if you can dodge his lunge and relunge' then you win. Lothric wasn't hard either, just wait for the teleport then shit on him.
>>
>>335729978
>>335730354
Sage is stupid easy when you realize he almost always spawns the furthest from you and only ever seems to spawn in a few spots and if you DPS him fast enough the clones barely have the time to get off a spell before hes going back into the ground and that despawn the clones till hes back up.
>>
>>335730560
yeah then i attack him and he doesnt retreat and him and his gang rape buddies wombo combo me instantly to death. I know how the fight works and it always works that way
>>
>>335728687
Sage is a joke boss for physical characters, but on my 'sorcery only, final destination'-style sorcerer the fight turned into a duel that made Artorias look like a fucking bitch, so I kinda understand. Nameless King and SoC are more consistent in difficulty no matter what build.
>>
>>335730736
Im sorry amigo but ive cleared the boss 4-5 times solo with fairly basic gear each time and I can say ive never been wombo combo'd like that maybe you're not doing enough damage or you're too slow picking out the real one to kill or poor positioning.
>>
Crystal sage was a pushover. Especially, if you didn't find it until after Wolnir.
Tough fights for me were Abyss Watchers, and Wolnir. All the other ones were pushovers barring Nameless.
>>
>>335731071
Wolnir is basically same as crystal sage though pretty much a DPS race I've never had a skeleton pop on my fights with him usually dead in about a minute.
>>
>>335731238
I was still using an uchigatana for wolnir that is probably why it was a tough fight. I had skeletons in every fight.
>>
worst boss/best boss?

Aldrich is the worst, nameless is the best imho 2bh
>>
>>335731415
My first run was dex/luck using the uchigatana till i realized i fucked anri's story and restated I shat on wolnir just be aggressive and go for the bangles and 2 hand that shit I never knew he even summoned or had that sword ability till I saw a youtube video about it.
>>
Why is it that the Dancer of the Boreal Valley has those wierd echoing footsteps that sound whenever she walks? Why is it that she sounds like she's wearing a rebreather whenever you hear her breathe? What's up with her oddly fluid walking animations? Could it be that she's halfway Deep underwater?
>>
>>335731632
Nameless is def the best boss I think ancient wyvern was the worst once you know the gimmick its just sprint through and make one attack and the boss is done.
>>
>>335731918
her fluid animations have to do with the fact that she is a dancer
>>
>>335728687
>I beat the majority of the end bosses on my first try
>can't beat sage

Yeah, and my dad works at Nintendo
>>
File: 1460459343160.jpg (191 KB, 1680x943) Image search: [Google]
1460459343160.jpg
191 KB, 1680x943
Crystal Sage is objectively the best designed boss in the game. It takes the Fool's Idol/Pin Wheel gimmick and turns it into a genuinely good boss, even if he isn't too hard. The way you naturally figure out how to beat him by looking at the color and how you can run over the crystals to make less sages spawn is just great design.
>>
>>335732163
>how you can run over the crystals to make less sages spawn
Hah that's neat.
>>
>>335728687
how many bosses in 3 aren't multiple enemies at once or 2 phases, or a combo of both?
>>
>>335732094
It's a boss that lets you fight at your own pace, rather than dictating the pace by the speed of his attacks, and as such players that are incredibly passive (See EpicNameBro) can get their shit pushed in immensely by Crystal Sage.
>>
File: turn A gundam.jpg (31 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
turn A gundam.jpg
31 KB, 400x400
>>335728687
>Moonlight Butterfly
what
>>
>>335732368
>playing passively in DaS3
wew
>>
>>335729171
Stay autistic.
>>
>>335728687
>Why
Because Magic is the ball breaker. If you're not ready for it, the enemy will turn you inside out.
>>
File: 1418809311972.jpg (32 KB, 432x413) Image search: [Google]
1418809311972.jpg
32 KB, 432x413
>>335728687
>I couldnt beat the easiest boss in the game
>I beat all the other bosses the first try.
Shut. Up. Fag.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.