[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So which of you fags are still interested in getting No Man's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 10
File: NoMansSkyScaleModel-3.jpg (244 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
NoMansSkyScaleModel-3.jpg
244 KB, 1920x1080
So which of you fags are still interested in getting No Man's Sky? I've been watching this game since the first trailer so I'm going to have to buy it regardless. Who else is excited?
>>
im hype. literally billions of planets to explore, cant wait
>>
I'm still waiting to see what it is you actually do in that game beyond aimless wandering and shooting rocks.
>>
I used to be hype but then I learned that there's no multiplayer and also I'm not really sure what there is to do.
>>
>>335721153
Are you a little worried (like me) that a lot of the planets might become repetitive very quickly? From what we've seen, a lot of them already look similar to one another.
>>
>>335721153
fuck off.

I'm interested. Holding off on excitement. Looks like a comfy game though. going from planet to planet. Mining stuff, upgrading stuff. finding some dinosaurs. Flying through space. Comfy!
>>
It better come out soon. I'm tired of Sony rolling the developer on to the stage every conference, with him sheepishly looking down to the floor and the audience like "aw shucks, did I do that?"
>>
>>335721168
it's fun seeing them try to market at me with raw numbers and a handful of neon environments.
Here's a number for you. Sixty dollars. Now fucking tell me what I'll be DOING that is worth that money.
Shooting things and walking around are already concepts other games have done extremely well for decades now.

The inability to just scoot over to the same planet as a friend and fly around together is unforgiveable, but I'm certain there is no multiplayer at all, and the most interaction is sometimes the names you enter get uploaded to a database that can be used to name planets in other people's games.
I can achieve the same level of multiplayer immersion by emailing my accountant and having him change the labels on some of my files
>>
>>335720832
Seems like the game equivalent of a giant empty room to me.

What is the game part? What do you get good at?
>>
>>335721713
only sixty dollars to find out, goyim. preorder now!
>>
>>335720832
Maybe when it hits $20 or less. No way I'm dropping full price on an indie game.
>>
>>335721153
They're easily going to be repetitive and practically carbon copies of eachother at some point. Maybe a palette swap here or there but still.
>>
>>335721713
Not trying to shill the game, but the 'game part' as you put it is upgrading your laser, your suit, jetpack, and ship. The more upgraded they are the more dangerous planets you can visit. The further you get in to the center of the galaxy the difficulty increases. You run into bigger and more alien forms of life that behave more aggressive.
>>
Definitely very excited, can't wait for the game to come out, but will be waiting to see the reviews before i buy, never gonna pre-order a game, that's just madness. The game is gonna be incredible, but shit could go bad, you never know.
>>
>>335721903
You're 100% correct. But people keep saying this like the first planet you run into that's a pallete swap is the worst fucking thing in the world. How many times have you played an fps and done the same fucking map over and over and over and over and over? Or have you never replayed a game? Eventually it will get boring i suspect but by that time I'll have had my fun.
>>
>>335722054
>grinding is fun when the environment is colorful and randomly generated
>>
>>335722293
I mean this is true
>>
This is one of those games where the only people saying they're going to buy it are trolling.

And they'll respond to this post saying they're not trolling to make you think anyone actually thinks this piece of shit looks good.
>>
>>335722293
Movin' those goal posts I see.
>>
>>335720832
Im excited, been wanting a universe sandbox since I was a kid.
Im not expecting anything of this game other than exploring and resource collection.
Gonna take my time and not rush to the centre of the galaxy. Game might get a bit pointless after that
>>
I let go of my common sense and decided to get unbelievably excited for this game. It has the potential to be the greatest thing ever and my real life is so fucking boring. Honestly, if this game comes out and I get bored of it in two days I will probably just end my life because there wouldn't be any reason to keep going. Not that I hate life or anything, just that I wouldn't want to keep living. I'm so tired.
>>
>>335722447
There's nothing to get good at if you're doing the same thing over and over, just with speed, damage, and enemy HP slightly higher.
>>
File: 1268339837940.gif (688 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1268339837940.gif
688 KB, 200x150
>>335722356
IT'S ALL JUST TRIPLE FALSE FLAG ASTROTURF SHILL BAIT MARKETING VIRAL
>>
Surely people will find a way to locate eachother via systems or whatever? Or is the game really that big?
>>
>>335720832
I was super interested when it was first announced, but with each subsequent thing they showed, it felt more samey, directionless and bland. Not really interested anymore. Cozy can only get you so far.

I'd buy it for $15 or so.
>>
>>335722550
Grinding is not mutually exclusive with skill.
If you're better, you can get farther with less grinding. As with most games.
>>
File: sales.png (322 KB, 648x715) Image search: [Google]
sales.png
322 KB, 648x715
>>335722356
>This is one of those games where the only people saying they're going to buy it are trolling.
>>
>>335722750

>>335722054
>The more upgraded they are the more dangerous planets you can visit

you said yourself grinding was a requirement for progression.
>>
>>335721713
It's a secret
>>
>>335722614
it is really that big, but leave it up to gamers to figure out some shit. Asians will come up with a way.
>>
>>335722864
Hate to burst your bubble but you're talking to two different people.
>>
>>335722790
>Top Sellers

That's actually the "people who greased our palms" section
>>
Is anyone here excited for the "that 4chan image that sums up the problems of NMS which gets posted in every thread" when the game comes out?
>>
File: NoGameSky.png (28 KB, 1126x359) Image search: [Google]
NoGameSky.png
28 KB, 1126x359
>>335720832
>>
>>335722790
>canada

kill yourself
>>
>planets don't keep any of your changes once you leave
Fucking dropped
>>
>>335722954
I was accused of "moving goalposts" after posting once, so I think i'm justified in my arrogant assumption, though incorrect
>>
>>335720832
I was excited at first and grew less and less excited the longer it went on

Not even close to excited at the moment, might buy it for 10 if it's half decent, which it probably won't be.
>>
>>335722904
>no one realizes that since everyone is heading toward the same point, the center, that they will become more likely to come into contact with another player

Now whether or not multiplayer is actually IN the game. I dunno.
>>
>>335722992
What bothers me the most is far less than anything in that image.
What I want to do but can't is have a frigate sized ship, where I can stand up and walk around inside and not just be stuck in the cockpit the entire time.
That's all I want.
>>
>>335723085
you cannot and will not see another human player. the only 'multiplayer' the game has is taking text you input and applying it to planets in other people's games

about as multiplayer as changing filenames on a shared directory
>>
>>335722992
Some of that isn't correct, and that was pointed out before.
>>
>>335723046
This is not true.
>>
>>335723253
all of it is correct, and i'm posting an equal amount of evidence to support my claim as anyone else has

now what, cunt
>>
File: 1320096281513.png (23 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1320096281513.png
23 KB, 400x400
Imagine the tiny chance you have of coming into contact with someone, you do but you land on either side of a planet and pass eachother by.
>>
File: HarrisonFord.jpg (18 KB, 303x276) Image search: [Google]
HarrisonFord.jpg
18 KB, 303x276
>>335723253
the only part i was wrong about was the part where it reset for you. a minor detail shills and buy remorse fags will debate over to just justify this piece of shit.

The over all points still stand.
>>
>>335721903

Isn't that what the game was intended to be? Procedurally generated for /the first person/ then after that it's what everyone else will see as well (naming things etc). Also the fact that it's meant to be large enough you don't run into people all the time.

I like some of the ideas, but holy fuck would it become boring because things are just minor stat changes or palette swaps.
>>
>>335722972
But its not showing the people who bought it just what games were bought in the highest frequency during a set amout of time.
>>
>>335723350
The idea of the planet resetting when you leave and come back is not correct.
Large changes made to the ecosystem and certain other things actually do sync to others' games. Terrain deformation and isolated kills do not, among other minor things. The extent of what is synced has only been touched on lightly, so I can't say for sure what else there is to that system.

And most of that is complaining that it's an exploration game, rather than some kind of first-person 4X. Or the lack of multiplayer. Correct as those are, the issues are overblown or irrelevant to most of those who are looking forward to what they have already seen of the game.

To put it lightly, that post was puffed up with false or irrelevant information in an attempt to disparage the game. That's pretty telling of the poster's attitude. They simply do not *want* to like the game. For whatever reason.
>>
it looks kind of boring
>>
>>335721674
You sound psychotic. Chill out.
>>
The technology and 'seemless' space -> ground is great and will hopefully be used in a better game eventually. But the core gameplay is fucking terrible and been done many times before, the game needs a bit more than:

>go places explore
>mine
>shoot an animal
>name shit
>process mined stuff

It lacks that interaction with players, a greater lore/story to engage with or some pvp thing.
>>
>>335724312
People enjoy Truck Simulator, that game is just

>Get cargo
>Haul cargo

That's literally the entire game.
Some people enjoy it.
>>
>>335724273
Wow, what a riveting reply. I better not be a smart shopper lest I be insane. Better start throwing money at passerby to solidify my mind in the realm of the well-adjusted.

thank you for showing me the light
>>
File: wreck it wat.jpg (14 KB, 328x252) Image search: [Google]
wreck it wat.jpg
14 KB, 328x252
>Like what I've seen of the game, looking forward to getting my hands on it

>"BUT WAIT ANON, THERE IS NO X,Y,Z FEATURE"

I know there isn't. I don't care. I just want what they've shown so far. They've already shown me more than I expected to see from this game. I'm pleasantly surprised by it really.
>>
File: 1744793411008.jpg (64 KB, 500x484) Image search: [Google]
1744793411008.jpg
64 KB, 500x484
>>335722490
Cheer up man, it's not that bad.
>>
>>335724401

The people who 'play' those unironically are just strange to me. What we each find fun is incredibly diverse and that's just one of those weird as fuck things I'll never truly comprehend.

Good example.
>>
>>335724613
I play it when I've got a podcast I need to listen to and don't want to focus on a more challenging game.
>>
>>335723923
>I can't say for sure
>the issues are overblown or irrelevant
>They simply do not *want* to like the game

wow you sure convinced me
>>
File: Arbeit macht frei.jpg (175 KB, 500x921) Image search: [Google]
Arbeit macht frei.jpg
175 KB, 500x921
>>335724613
Jedem das Seine
>>
>>335724453
I think you need to get over yourself a little bit, buddy.
>>
>>335722992

So they'd need to go full EVE, add in building things on the ground and have a way to interact with people better, with permanent changes to locale? I just think the game is 25% done, add in player interaction/teamwork, more variation to ships/land craft, most of what that image has and try to throw some story politics/faction stuff you can get involved it. It's pretty and all but there's not a lot to keep you engaged in an area (and that's on purpose, it's more about exploring (the palette swapped worlds) than building a base).
>>
>>335724453
>this much autism
>>
>>335720832
>>335721153

that's an ad
>>
>>335725158
I don't see a problem here
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.