[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>leave console dead for a year and a half with no games >same
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: bananas.jpg (48 KB, 497x585) Image search: [Google]
bananas.jpg
48 KB, 497x585
>leave console dead for a year and a half with no games
>same console that was dead on launch for a year

>handheld which released was dead for two years
>is now going to be completely dead except for a Kirby game for a year and a half as well

>these idiots think I will buy any of their products ever again
>>
>>335705405
I guess considering how bad the other consoles and handhelds did as well you're going PC only?
>>
>>335705725

Pretty much.
>>
>>335705725
Not him, but the PC lineup appears to be mostly the same kinds of stuff we got last year and the year before that. After a while, all the FPSes and indieshit start to blend together.

Honestly, Nintendo is the only one that seems to make different games from the others, and even then nowadays it's not even different in a good way. Either way, it's crap and I don't like it.
>>
>>335706453
I'll agree with you on Nintendo but PC line up is much larger and varied than you make it out to be, sure there's so much fucking garbage out there that it can be a bit exhausting to find something good but it's worth the search
>>
I just now realized that's a big banana bunch
>>
>>335707059

Wow, only just past noon and already spotted my first autist!
>>
>>335706984
If that's the case, it all seems to be in genres I've never had much interest in and don't seem to be developing any such interest anytime soon. Suggestions as to what a newcomer to PC gaming with only a modestly powerful system and not enough cash to make a whole new gaming PC should consider? I'm sure FO4 is going to be one, but it seems to have a few steps backward too many even compared to FO3 for my tastes.
>>
File: 1329426050719.png (29 KB, 214x152) Image search: [Google]
1329426050719.png
29 KB, 214x152
>>335707226
>>
>>335705405
They could had at least made the 3ds xl cheaper. Not the new 3ds xl. 3ds xl still goes for 170 dollars for a new one.
>>
>>335707959
If you want some indies, I comprised some that I personally enjoyed and you should peek at.
Terraria
Rabi-Ribi
Enter the Gungeon
VVVVVV
Duck Game
AntiChamber
Child of Light
Undertale Don't listen to either side of the Undertale hate/fanbase, play as blind as possible and play how you want.
Super Meat Boy
Shovel Knight
Most important is that all of these are less than $20, so it's not as bad to lose interest on these.
>>
>>335708657
Meh, indies never had much appeal to.me; always felt they used their origins as a cop-out for lower quality, and their current fixation with trying to copy classics doesn't help. If I wanted to play a platformer, I'd just dust off one of my old Mario games or something. I suppose I should at least look at them for a moment before jumping to conclusions though, even if my expectations are at an all time low for games in general now.
>>
>>335710341
le millennial graphics baby faec
>>
>>335710975
I'll admit, I'm spoiled on them. And as far as I know, you can't be un-spoiled afterwards.

Plus, it feels silly to just keep imitating the classics. Weren't the indies supposed to be the actively creative ones which could do more than just take an old concept and give it a new paint job three dozen times?
>>
>>335711610
What kind of games are you looking for?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.