[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just found out about the Fire Emblem mobile phone game. Bit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8
File: FE Mobile.png (135 KB, 643x872) Image search: [Google]
FE Mobile.png
135 KB, 643x872
I just found out about the Fire Emblem mobile phone game. Bit of a drop since the grand old days of 7-10, isn't it?
>>
use the catalog
sage
>>
>>335702751
>a smartphone spinoff is a "drop"
Oh no
Dark Souls is getting a stupid board game
how the mighty have fallen
>>
if anything this helps keep the pay2win dlc horseshit out of the main series
>>
>>335702516
>fire emblem is downgraded into mobile

Good.
>>
I am willing to bet any amount of money that FE Mobile will involve the Waifu/Husbando Petting Simulator that was banned in North America
>>
Where were you when Fire Emblem was kill?

Honestly though, FE is one of the few games that can work with touch controls. But then I read shit like
> Nintendo says the mobile version will be a "more accessible" take that still offers "great value."
>>
>>335706987
why would they not make it easier when this might be the first time a lot of people will play FE
>>
>>335707138
You're right. I just hope it's still good. Sacred Stones is piss easy and I still enjoy it.
>>
>>335703441
>implying there will be a main series anymore if these succeed at all

RIP Animal crossing. Fire emblem hasn't been good since POR but Animal crossing didn't deserve this. Fuck Nintendo.
>>
At least we get better graphics than on the 240p 3DS
>>
>>335709059
Speaking of which, what's Nintendo's plan for that? Are they just gonna shift to make games for smartphones instead?
>>
File: Fuck you said.gif (2 MB, 639x346) Image search: [Google]
Fuck you said.gif
2 MB, 639x346
>Nintendo finally announces mobile games
>Oh sweet I guess
>Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem game are announced
>Oh that sounds okay I guess-

>Just realize what it means

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST WARIO DOESN'T EVEN CATCH A BREAK IN FUCKING MOBILE

NOW INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS ARE GOING TO BE FUCKING WITH FIRE EMBLEM

YET AGAIN FUCKING HELL

NOT EVEN A WARIOWARE IN FUCKING MOBILE
>>
>>335710852
I didn't even consider WarioWare on smartphones. Nintendo sure has a lot of IPs that are perfect for mobile when you think about it.
>>
>>335706987
Fire Emblem was never alive in the West. It's always been a niche series. Awakening and Fates just dropped the act and realized that FE's audience are weebs.
>>
The Animal Crossing game will be a Happy Home Designer port, but more barebones.

Fire Emblem will be a Clash of Clans clone.
>>
After Fates I have no hope for the franchise anyway
>>
>>335712320

Good because Fire Emblem is better the way it is now.
>>
>>335711285
Well sure, but that doesn't mean they need to be dumbed down.
>>
>>335712320
Haven't played it yet, what's wrong with Fates other than the retarded localization?
>>
>>335708786
>RD wasn't good

get outta here. I can understand 11-14 but not even 10's support system being bad prevents it from being great.
>>
File: a shura.jpg (1 MB, 950x1200) Image search: [Google]
a shura.jpg
1 MB, 950x1200
>>335714316
not him (and personally I like Fates) but here's the main issues

>plot is shit in all three routes
>third route actively makes the plot of the other two routes worst in retrospect
>2nd gen is half-assed both from a plot standpoint and from a gameplay standpoint
>birthright stop giving a shit about level design near the end
>revelation has terrible character balance and way too many gimmick maps that aren't fun or even interesting
>PvP sucks ass
>my castle is mostly unbalanced social grindy bullshit, no reason enemy recruiting can't be done with Gold.

localization is a minor issue compared to these two, its been overblown by tumblrtards who didn't follow jap games until they got into FE with Awakening. Its a blah localization that took way too long but not bad enough to impact the game, like with Suikoden II.

That being said, I still like the game because the mechanics are a huge improvement over Awakening and some of the maps in Conquest are great. Not my favorite FE, but certainly not my least favorite. I like every FE though so keep that in mind.
>>
>>335714842
How did the suidken 2 localization ruin the game
>>
>mfw Nintendo will be a DeNA/Nexon-tier company soon
>mfw I have no face
>>
>>335715361
It didn't ruin the game but it certainly has an impact when text is actually fucking unreadable and characters have their names change around. Combine that with extra bugs, music missing in some areas, and we've got a shit localization.
>>
>>335714316
Conquest is good, but Birthright is a mindless slog. Revelations is somewhere in between.

He probably only played Birthright.
>>
>>335714842
Sounds pretty bad.
>>plot is shit in all three routes
Except this, this is always a given for FE. Unless you mean "shit by FE standards", at which point that is just abysmal bad.
>>
>>335708786
animal crossing was basically fucking built for this market retard
that is the one game that i always knew would get the mobile treatment when Nintendo would move into the territory, and guess what its gonna make a shit ton of money just like normal animal crossing
>>
File: 1454638886129.jpg (53 KB, 460x345) Image search: [Google]
1454638886129.jpg
53 KB, 460x345
>>335704534
>downgraded
It's not going anywhere. Have fun being bitter.
>>
>>335715661
>always a given

FE4, 5, and 9 have good plots. I kinda like 8's too just because of characters like Joshua.

that being said FE14's plots are all shit.
>>
Thanks for the beta testing 3DS fags.
>>
File: fire emblem.png (68 KB, 501x1509) Image search: [Google]
fire emblem.png
68 KB, 501x1509
>>335715797
I haven't played the SNES games yet, but the rest are basically pic related. 9 didn't go into dragon and world saving territory, which is probably its saving grace.

But yeah, characters are fun. L'Arachel cracks me up every time.
>>
File: 1457590817541.png (4 MB, 2764x1644) Image search: [Google]
1457590817541.png
4 MB, 2764x1644
>>335715661
Most FE plot's are too generic to care about rather than shit anon.

Of the three Fates plots Birthright falls under the too generic to care about, while the other two are irredeemable shitpiles.
>>
>>335714842

>muh plot

Literally nothing of that matters, the gameplay is still top notch.
>>
>>335708786
This is the best place for animal crossing and if you don't see that you are fucking retarded.
>>
ITS OK GUYS THEY JUST HAD TO DUMB DOWN AWAKENING THIS ONE TIME TO GET THE FANS BACK IN, AFTER THAT WE'RE BACK TO NORMAL

IT DIDN'T KILL THE FRANCHISE RIGHT GUYS

RIGHT???
>>
>>335715661
>Unless you mean "shit by FE standards", at which point that is just abysmal bad
That is what he means.

The plot of conquest for example only makes sense if all characters involved are aggressively retarded at all times. I genuinely don't understand how this shit got a pass in development, it is so fucking bad.
>>
>>335717552
it matters for birthright and revelation

Revelation is not "top-notch gameplay" when 70% cast sucks for no reason and no effort was made to rebalance them. Ice map is retarded, the stealth map is just poorly thought out, and the bridge maps just take forever unless you use fliers to skip them. Birthright would be good if the second half of the game wasn't Awakening 2.0.

>>335717798
conquest has great gameplay so i'm not gonna call FE dead yet
>>
File: 1353975340032.png (53 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1353975340032.png
53 KB, 300x300
>>335717798

All your favorite franchises are dead.

And if they aren't, they are most likely now a shell of its former self.
>>
File: image.jpg (178 KB, 827x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
178 KB, 827x1024
>>335708786
>RD was bad

Suck my fucking dick nigger
>>
>>335715516
>characters have their names change around
seriously how is this bad
>>
>>335718774
I mean throughout the game. So characters are suddenly referred to by different names for no reason. Jowy randomly is called Joei.
>>
>>335719093
And?
>>
>>335719121
its sloppy and can make things confusing.

text boxes also randomly get said by the wrong character as well.

konami didn't even try
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.