[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do people still play this game? Worth buying for multiplayer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (587 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
587 KB, 1920x1080
Do people still play this game? Worth buying for multiplayer?
>>
>>335693131
Nope.
Pirate for SP campaign and that's it.
>>
>>335693387
I feel bad. Only blizzard seems to know how to make a good mp rts games
>>
>>335694152
and starcraft 2 has so many fucking problems too
>>
>>335694313
Yet it is still the best of its kind, isn't it?
>>
>>335694152
RTS is dead due to customer desires and trends. They require too much cognitive investment for modern consumers playing games. People just want a quick escape until the next game comes out. CoH2 is the only other online multi RTS and it's practically a pay2win game so why bother unless you have $120 to burn. Too bad since CoH1 was excellent.

Games are more about memes and the disposable communities that form for a month or two and then dissipate until they latch onto the next marketing hype train.

Just look at dark souls, MGS, the witcher, etc
>>
>>335694438
I disagree, a lot of fundamentally awful "mechanics" are what separates it from other RTSes. Blizzard just have the legacy and competitive to make it played,
>>
>>335694638

Fucking hell
It's like the west became Japan all of a sudden
>>
>>335693131
Nah, sadly.
Too little content, and I donĀ“t even mean the original 4 or so maps.
>>335694638
>RTS is dead due to customer desires and trends
replace "customer" with "publisher" and you are mostly right.
>>
File: nigo.jpg (113 KB, 900x950) Image search: [Google]
nigo.jpg
113 KB, 900x950
>>335693131
>desert aircraft carrier
>>
>>335694638
Feels bad mang. I really need occasional RTS moments.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.