[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck are you supposed to get those? Every invasion is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
How the fuck are you supposed to get those? Every invasion is a 1vs3 and farming them in the catacombs takes way too long.
>>
File: 1357006181763.jpg (213 KB, 1536x1152) Image search: [Google]
1357006181763.jpg
213 KB, 1536x1152
Just give up then you big sopping wet pussy.
>>
>>335692691
Obscuring ring, element of suprise, invade in advantageous areas, high damage weapons and/or spells, use the mobs to your advantage etc. Git Gud
>>
>>335692691
All you gotta do is kill one phantom. It's a pretty easy covenant compared to red phantoming.
>>
>>335692691
Easy as shit compared to darkmoon.
>>
>>335692691
If you lay down your red summon sign when you're a MM, you get a vertebrae as opposed to a tongue if you win.
>>
>>335692691

Just farm them out around level 25-30 in the undead settlement with a +3 weapon.

I did some PvP last night and got 22 of them, just need 8 more and I can leave this sorry covenant.
>>
>>335694205
oh what the fuck, it's easy as fuck then.. thx for the tip
>>
another question: If I only need the lvl 2 covenant item, do I have to get to lvl 1 first or can I give 30 shackles to get to lvl 2 instantly?
>>
>>335694682
Np xp
>>
>>335694954

You'll just get both items immediately at 30 shackles. That's what I did. Boy was warmth not worth it.

Most fun I had with the MM was using the dried finger and summoning two mad phantoms and getting invaded by two reds. Glorious melees.
>>
File: 1244759052350.jpg (49 KB, 144x169) Image search: [Google]
1244759052350.jpg
49 KB, 144x169
>>335692691
>get summoned
>wait around a bit since you being in their world maxes their priority
>wait for all those sweet invasions
>hide somewhere while host and phantoms duke it out
>reap rewards without doing anything

I can't tell you the amount of times I got shackles because the host got killed by someone else while I was dicking around.
>>
How did I get so many souls? I just invaded some new player in the first area with his pahntom and got 239K souls for killing them.

I'm glad there's no shitty soul memory.
>>
>>335696121

What the shit? I was doing invasions at 10 levels higher and only got like 500 souls a pop. Maybe you killed someone who cheated souls onto their character? Do you get a percentage of the souls the host has?
>>
>>335692989

Not always true. The amount of phantoms you need to slay is generally the same as the amount the host has summoned. Often either kill the host or all his phantoms.
>>
>tfw covenant rewards are shit
Are ANY worth it? The wolf sword has been cool I guess, but the Wolf Ring seems pointless since poise doesn't do anything.
>>
>>335696890
What sucks though is that the more phantoms he summons, the more you have to kill. I invaded so dude with 2 phantoms, killed one, message said I was 1 phantom away from victory, host summoned more, red guy came to my help and we killed 5 more phantoms until I died from friendly fire, and I didn't get any vertebrae.
>>
>>335696961
You get a +1 version in NG+, in Farron Keep or somewhere around (don't remember exactly).
>>
>>335697257
You need to deliver the killing blow.
>>
>>335696121
You can get that in an hour if you host a fight club in anor londo

every red that dies you get their souls

its basically the biggest and most blatant power leveling scheme in the game

it almost justifies killing the host because hes a fucking scrub being carried by the other players duking it out
>>
Invade in the Wolves/Aldritch covenant locations. You'll most likely have backup, or you can also just be a dick and kill the defending invaders as well.
>>
>>335692691
mound makers i suppose?

If so, leave summon sings and try to get friendly with the host and coop it up.

Sooner rather than later the host will die to stupid shit, like a dark spirit, his own stupidtidy or just enemies in general, if he dies or you kill other dark spirit you get one of those.

But beware that most hosts will try to kill you if you dont try to show that you are friendly, therefore, kill those faggots, most of the time they are alone, so you can do 1v1
>>
File: suffer.png (881 KB, 840x715) Image search: [Google]
suffer.png
881 KB, 840x715
>invade with thrall hood, the goofiness throws people off
>be nice to host, maybe fend off an invader or show them a secret
>shit on them when they have low health or are far from their phantoms
Works every time.
>>
>>335699050
>Fight club
>See some phantoms dukin it out
>Host sitting there like a faggot.
>Spook and ring of obscurety
>Backstab bitch
>1milj souls
>>
>>335699050
>it almost justifies killing the host because hes a fucking scrub being carried by the other players duking it out
fuck you
>>
>>335694205

What's up with every red summon I've done being a complete sip-happy faggot.

All sipping does is make me want to chug right along with you and make the fight take 11 times as long as it needs to.
>>
>>335699469
cause people like you we cant have fun
>>
File: ARE YOU SQUIDDING ME.png (132 KB, 612x496) Image search: [Google]
ARE YOU SQUIDDING ME.png
132 KB, 612x496
>>335692691
Really? It's so fucking easy to get these. Either pretend to help the host and then hit them in the back with your strongest spell/weapon when they're getting mobbed by enemies, or play smart. If the host has a bunch of phantoms of course you're going to lose a head on confrontation. Keep pestering them and leaving the engagement so that you can re-engage on your terms instead of theirs.
>>
I did all my invasions in King's Consumed Garden. If I was outnumbered, I'd go to the shield knight with the mace near the elevator. If he was already dead. I'd fool around with the elevator. I'd make sure I was being chased, then run straight through the elevator, hitting the button, and sending the guy pursuing me on the slow ride down. Then I'd quickly take care of whoever was still left. If the elevator trick failed, I'd fight them on the small amount of ground around it, and try to either knock them down the hole or wait for them to fall down it themselves accidentally. It didn't take me more than a few hours to get 30, and I was even drunk for the last 18 I had to get.
>>
>>335699673
You know you can attack them while they're sipping right? Are you stupid or something?
>>
>>335700065

It is not always possible to interrupt the sip before it happens.

And all most people need is one to go from almost nothing back to full health.

Plus I'm using a barely upgraded rapier so I can keep getting hella summons for every boss, so doing a lot of damage is hard.
>>
Use the ring that lets you look like you're a white phantom, drop a white soap stone, help out the host for as long as you care to, then either murder the host or any invading or summoned phantoms.
>>
>>335700168
That's entirely your fault, you have no right to complain.
>>
>>335699752
if you think invasions should be shitty "fight clubs" that play like a very bad fighting game, play something else
>>
>>335700393
found the faggot who doesnt like smashing peoples heads in for 10 times and then getting a reward from the host
>>
>>335700065
The sip animation is extremely short, and to compound the issue the time until you actually heal from it is even shorter than the animation. You also can't hit someone halfway through their regen to stop it, they get a full heal if they're interrupted at any point after the healing begins.

>>335699469
If I'm hosting a fight club and someone wants to go, I'm perfectly happy to boot them back to their own world so the rest of us can have fun and enjoy ourselves. You're probably trash at the game if you think fight clubs are just a way for the host to farm souls, I only host when I'm done with my build personally.
>>
>>335700739
>I only host when I'm done with my build personally.
this
its so much fun desu

sitting there, watching everyone fight, clapping, wearing something silly cause youre the host
>>
>>335700725
half the fun of invading (or getting invaded) is manipulating the environment in your favour

by sitting in a shitty flat arena with nothing else you're eliminating that
>>
>>335696121
He was probably a level 200 or something using a Password to coop with his friends.

Their health/damage gets scaled down but they are still treated as whatever level they actually are.
>>
>>335701081
If you want to watch other people play Darksouls there are plenty of youtube channels for that.
>>
>>335701445
You can also do it in game. Its nice to have options
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.