[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault.jpg (224 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
224 KB, 1920x1080
>after some tries beat the dragon bird
>now i have to deal with this fucking unstoppable boss
>barely do damage to him with my +10 dual katanas
>die
>have to do the whole bird shit all over again
Help. how did you beat this fucker and how do you get past his mount with ease.
>>
>>335680181
>how did you beat this fucker and how do you get past his mount with ease.
All his attacks are easy to dodge and he staggers fairly quickly. It is annoying having to beat him every time, but after a while you'll be able to do it without losing any health/estus.
>>
>>335680181
>barely do damage to him with my +10 dual katanas

Onikiri and Ubadachi? (weeb fag) They scale poorly on both strength and dex so you should have at least 40+ points in both of those. He's also resistant to bleed so yeah..

Other than that you should check your lightning absoption, equip the lightning absorption ring and a better armor or something.

Constantly run towards the mount so you can be under the neck. When the mount breath fires is best moment do deal massive damage as it won't reach you (since you're near the neck) and it won't be.

When he's on foot most of his moves are slow and easily dodgeable with a roll.
>>
He's not very aggressive and he telegraphs the shit out of a lot of his moves. Those same moves happen to leave him really vulnerable.
>>
File: 1448825268846.png (124 KB, 5000x2571) Image search: [Google]
1448825268846.png
124 KB, 5000x2571
>>335680181

>Easily dodge all of his attacks
>Shoot him with Crystal Soul Spears until he goes down
>>
Still trying to beat him currently but that must be one of the best boss fight I've ever experienced.
Setting is just perfect, fight is hard as fuck without relying on some bullshit mechanic.

Also this guy feels so much more menacing than Soul of Cinder. His moveset is quite simple but there is a slight delay in some of his attacks + the fact that he hits so hard that you litteraly have to chug estus everytime he touches you puts the tension to maximum
>>
>>335683237
>using crystal spear ever

lolno, it does only like 30%more damage than a great heavy soul arrow and cost 4 times more fp
>>
Bird Phase: Attack the head. If you must lock on, lock onto the man, not the head. Don't get stuck under the body. You need to be ready to run away at a moment's notice. Roll towards him to dodge his charged vertical strike.

Man Phase: Equip the ring that gives you more dodge frames and you win.
>>
>>335682615
>40+ points in both
How? Grinding during days? The game is not too long...
>>
>>335680181
His phase 1 is pure unadultered bullshit.
Specially if you're playing a melee character.

His phase 2 is super fun and one of the best fights in the game.
>>
>>335680181
roll. roll at least 3 times per go, and roll at the right time.

dont bother using shield, he cuts through it and youll be left staggered anyway

if you wanna heal, run away when he starts doin his lightning move and then dodge it and take ONE sippy quick

2h your sword and annihilate the faggot, he wasnt even hard
>>
I literally don't understand why anyone had trouble with phase 1 of the fight. Were you all trying to fucking sit under his stomach and hide? That's when he does the aoe fire attack. If you just sit in front of him he never does it.
>>
>>335683668
by not putting points in useless stats? As a warrior you'll have around 40 points in both dex and str along with 27 vig around level 75-80
>>
Equip carthus bloodring

Roll to right when he lifts his weapon

Attack one or two times

Win
>>
just roll forwards when he attacks. hit him. wait. repeat.
win.

fag
>>
File: moonman.jpg (59 KB, 577x409) Image search: [Google]
moonman.jpg
59 KB, 577x409
>>335680181

if you can't beat the mount consistently, then you seriously need to git gud.

don't try and stand underneath it like you will probably have been conditioned to, stand in front of it. roll through the spear attacks and hit the head while its down. sometimes he'll charge up a lightning attack and slam it down, if you roll through it perfectly and immediately hit the head, you'll be able to do a visceral attack.

if he flies forward in the air, walk/run the opposite way like you guys are rotating in a circle. he'll throw a lightning bolt which is easy to roll dodge and then charge at you which is also easy to dodge

sometimes when he is on the ground, he'll start shooting lightning. unlock your view, run up the the head, and get some free hits. if you see him fly BACKWARDS/UP instead of forwards, unlock your view and immediately start running away to dodge his fire attack

for nameless king afterwards, literally all you need is a fully upgraded Lothric Knight Shield (I think that's the one, it has a ton of lightning resist). Fully upgraded, it has like 65 stability, so unless you're a moron and haven't upgraded stamina, you can just turtle through his combos, smack his shit, rinse and repeat. This is considered cheesing and you should feel bad for it, but it makes the fight trivial since the timing for his other attacks is pretty random in terms of how long he pauses, making rolling through them a pain.
>>
File: 1435963774062.jpg (9 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1435963774062.jpg
9 KB, 250x250
>after some tries beat the dragon bird

You're bad at the game, sorry. The Wyvern is laughable and if you had trouble on it it just means you're bad at video games. Nothing wrong with that, just stop crying that it's too hard when you're the problem.
>>
>>335684132
>>335680181

and if you didn't already have the lightning absorption ring/armor on then you are fucking beyond saving
>>
Is this whole thread fucking bait?

This dude was easy as fuck, Pontiff was the only hard boss in the game and he wasn't even that hard, you can literally just spam roll whenever he lifts his arm and you're golden, his game lets you roll 9000000000 times so just spam that shit and then spam r1, that's Dark Souls 3.
>>
>>335684212
The dragon is harder than Nameless because of the shitty camera. Nameless only has one annoying move than needs to be rolled and has no simple tell.
>>
>>335684453
Anon, its not bait, some people find ds3 hard, respect us, you are probable too good at videogames!
>>
>>335684580
I refuse to believe that anyone who made it to Nameless King thought he was hard. Sure, he's cool and his presentation is great, but in terms of difficulty he's lacking. Majority of Dark Souls 3 bosses seem like they were more worried about the presentation of the boss than the actual difficulty.
>>
File: 1461570365199.png (334 KB, 880x720) Image search: [Google]
1461570365199.png
334 KB, 880x720
>>335680181
>beat Dragonslayer Armour
>use his soul to make a shield
>100% physical, 95% lightning
>upgrade it if you wish, then equip it
>equip Havel ring and maybe Ring of Favor
>keep your load below 70%
>beat the drake normally, evade, don't use shield
>then hide behind the shield and attack when it's safe
This is the easiest way, if you can't git gut.
>>
>>335684212
Wow ur so good anon

Who gives a shit, the wyvern is trivial if you have strong ranged attacks, annoying as fuck if you have to melee him because of the camera.
>>
>>335684829

i beat pontiff first try, faggot, and i thought nameless king was hard.
>>
>>335685009
not even true, you're retarded

I am not good at dark souls, I had a lot of trouble with pontiff and dancer and soul of cinder on my first playthrough, and nameless king's first phase is retardedly telegraphed. I died to it literally once out of the 8 attempts it took to kill him
>>
>>335685009

see

>>335684132

wyvern is ez, just stop standing under him and dont be afraid to unlock camera
>>
>>335685146
You probably intentionally gimped yourself by not using a straight sword so I can understand that.

Next time you play make sure to use the straight sword class weapons, they are better than everything else and there is not a single reason not to use them.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.