[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game any good? I've heard some nice things about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
Is this game any good? I've heard some nice things about it, but it looks like a shitty Sonic fanfiction.
>>
yeah
>>
File: 7zUmiOh.gif (28 KB, 200x120) Image search: [Google]
7zUmiOh.gif
28 KB, 200x120
>>335677557
>m-muh story
There's a Classic mode just for faggots like you, and the game itself is fantastic.
>>
File: freedom planet fdgadfg.png (725 KB, 1024x726) Image search: [Google]
freedom planet fdgadfg.png
725 KB, 1024x726
It has occasional fast moments with Lilac but plays more like a typical Genesis game without the limitations of the hardware, it's fucking gorgeous and worth your time. Brutal boss fights towards the end. Three playable characters (Milla is my personal favorite because of the crazy exploits you can pull off with her) and good level variety. Only game I bothered getting every achievement with and stuck around an extra hundred hours to go for time trial records, lots of fun.

However, if you don't like 90s styled cartoons and bad puns, maybe don't do story mode.
>>
>>335677557
The PC demo is absolute trash. Don't care much for the full game if it's anywhere near as bad.
>>
>>335677557
It's good, just don't go in expecting Sonic. It's more like some lost 32X mascot platformer that failed to cash in on Sonic's fame. That said, it's better than any real sonic game that's come out recently.
>>
The gameplay is exceptional, the voice acting is terrible. Play it but prepare to groan a few times as you try and skip through the dialogue.
>>
>>335678963
>the voice acting is terrible
I liked Liliac's voice. It was like anime, but english.
>>
>>335677557

That's because it's a shitty Sonic fanfiction that really does have a lot of nice things about it. If you can get past Original the Characters, the gameplay and game design will win you over.
>>
>>335677557
it's the best sonic game since sonic 2, buy it OP then get hyped for the sequel.
>>
File: Lord_Brevon.jpg (43 KB, 600x700) Image search: [Google]
Lord_Brevon.jpg
43 KB, 600x700
>>335678963
yeah, everybody sucks except lord brevon.
he was incredible, but he won't be in 2 sadly.
>>
>>335677557
its a sonic clone with a deviantart tier story.
some zones are really good but the game level design gets worse and more linear as the game goes on.
the physics are really bad.

its worth playing but isn't finished yet. I think milla was going to get a story and carol new sprites? turtleduck and panda girl might also become playable? it really really needs a physics patch.
>>
>>335677557
it's an awesome Sonic fanfiction
>>
>>335677557
I didn't like it. Colors were too pastel to my taste, got lost in the levels and I don't enjoy looking into the nooks and crannies of the levels as much as I did when I was a kid with S3&K. The physics are good and the controls are responsive, and the level design is pretty good but the bosses start out weak and annoying and the story is bland.
>>
it's the only good sonic game
>>
I still have to play it but these character designs really put me off
>>
It's pretty good, just make sure you play as the cat to get that sonic feel
>>
Honestly never reaches gimmicky levels of fast and feels more like multiple genesis/treasure games more than Sonic at times. If you appreciate those games you'll like it for sure. Just do classic mode if your cringe tolerance for voice acting/goofy cutscenes isn't high.
>>
It literally is shitty Sonic fanfiction. The characters were originally an OC Donut Steel Sonic Heroes team. When they decided to make and sell a game about those characters, they changed enough to not have Sega breathing down their necks (Lilac is now a dragon instead of a hedgehog).

So yeah. Ignore the story. It's generic weeb fanfiction-tier sonic shit. The voice acting is ultra-cringe.

Fortunately, there's a Classic Mode that is just gameplay, and the gameplay is fantastic. Easily the best Sonic game of the last decade, and has a fair amount of non-sonic elements in it that should make any former Genesis owner smile inside.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.