[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the Resistance series good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 81fIQx40yaL._SL1500_.jpg (304 KB, 1184x1500) Image search: [Google]
81fIQx40yaL._SL1500_.jpg
304 KB, 1184x1500
Is the Resistance series good?
>>
Man I miss the online for Resistance 1 so much.
2 was also pretty good with the 30v30 and survival thing.
3 was pretty much cod but with better, more fun Insomniac guns
>>
3>1>2

Never played any online due to sony being fags and shutting it down
>>
>>335651920
You are crazy.
1>2>3

Barely touched the story in any of them though
>>
Resistance or Killzone?
>>
>>335652842
Resistance,

Killzone is just pure trash. Guerilla can't design a game to save their lives. Don't bet on Horizon: Zero Dawn.
>>
1 is a great game, weapon wheel, bullet travel time, every weapon has an alt fire, interesting setting. One of my favorite games of last gen.

2 might as well not exist now that the MP is shut down.

3 has a pretty good campaign, but some of the worst QA I've ever seen in a big budget game. Resistance 3 was one of the first games I played on my new PS3 and it still had a fucking bevy of issues, the worst being that every time you switch a gun the first shot sound will be delayed by around 5 seconds. It feels really janky, I think they were pushing the PS3 a little too far
>>
>>335652842
killzone 1 is amazing 2 is the best FPS of PS3 and 3 was... repetitive with a shit ending
>>
>>335650749
yep fun original story I had loads of fun.
>>
>>335650749
It needed a free roam FarCry style game to revitalize the series.
>>
>>335653802
I feel like 3 had a considerably lower budget than it's predecessors. That was around the time when Insomniac's games in general started to suffer from both lack of budget and lack of polish (and Insomniac has never been a AAA developer with completely bug free games to begin with).
>>
Reminder that Resistance 3 is one of the best FPS campaigns of the 2000s
>>
>>335658710
>No regening health
>Hold as many weapons as you want
>Each gun was unique and fun to use
>Guns upgrade the more you use them
>Great and varied locations
>Split screen coop
Jesus they got so much shit right.
>>
The first 1 is one of the best games of last gen, a fucking great shooter. 2 and 3, while decent, massively squandered it and are wildly different from it and even one another. Insomniac and Sony went full retard with how badly the sequels had an identity crisis imo. The sad thing is, they were still fun, but nowhere near as good as they could have been. Absolutely worth playing through them though.
>>
>Radec got in Playstation All Stars
>Not Nathan Hale
>>
FoM was a pleasant surprise. Fun enemies, varied levels, great weapons, MAGNIFICENT atmosphere/setting.

2 was a pretty obvious step back, but some parts were better than others. The Chicago level was...it has to be played to be believed. Horror sections in the hotel, huge firefights in the town square, just A+. Not as good 1 but still worth playing.

3. I own but haven't unwrapped yet.

Retribution. Pretty great. Basically Gears of War in a Resistance skin. The story even mirrors Marcus in the first Gears.
>>
File: unnamed (1).jpg (58 KB, 336x438) Image search: [Google]
unnamed (1).jpg
58 KB, 336x438
>>335659027
Can't forget that cover art
>>
I got one of those Move Sharpshooter bundles for $80 that included Resistance 3 and Killzone 3. I really should play R3 with it someday.
>>
I played Resistance: fall of man with my mate for ages. Shit was cash.
>>
>>335650749
1 was a solid shooter definitely 7.5/10
2 tried hard to copy cod4 and i never played 3 pretty mediocre series all around but it was kind of fun.
>>
>>335652268
>2 not the worst
>>
I miss Warhawk.
>>
>shitting on 2 when it had that amazing coop

Medic all day every day
>>
>>335650749
>>335659681
This skull makes no fucking sense and triggers my autism
>>
>>335661310
Explain your autism in this regard.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.