[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dying Light
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Dying-Light concept art.jpg (123 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Dying-Light concept art.jpg
123 KB, 1280x720
Is this the best AAA game we've ever seen?
>>
File: 1460141560655.jpg (31 KB, 555x644) Image search: [Google]
1460141560655.jpg
31 KB, 555x644
>>335645917
A first person zombie smack em' up with shitty parkour elements and an inane crafting system.
>>
>>335645917
It's one of them.

/v/ will tell you otherwise, though.
>>
>>335646946

>very well optimised
>fun co-op
>decent variety of missions
>good setting
>the parkour isnt really that bad
>the nights are very tense and difficult on non babby settings

pretty good for the price now imo
>>
It's one of the best games of late, but don't bring it to /v/. A little outside the normal chinky pre-teen girl pantsu simulators this board fawns over.
>>
How come there are none of those zombies like the one on the left in the game?
>>
>>335647340
The one with the burka? Too offensive for mudslimes I guess
>>
>>335647135
basically this.

I thought Dead Island Riptide was only decent, and I don't really like first person melee, but I got this on sale a while ago (The Following version) and I finally got to play. It's pretty decent.

The night missions are tense and they do a good job of teasing you with them by doubling xp. The skills you learn are useful, so there is definitely a reason to do the missions.

Setting is nice enough given that it provides for a good style of play, and is aesthetically pleasing, but I think it is a little too similar. Having run back and forth through the world I want more variety.

Suprrised that parkour worked so well.

I think the missions are just okay actually. I'm getting tired of the fetch quest stuff.

Also, first couple of hours have very stiff character progression that overemphasizes the parkour aspects. Fighting is a chore in the first couple of hours and zombies randomly spawn behind you making looting them a little tedious.
>>
>>335647614
The ones with the burka are common in The Following.
>>
I always thought it lacked replayability.

Once my friends and I beat it once, we never felt like touching it again.

Good game, just didn't last me as long as I had hoped.
>>
I liked it. Replaying it now. I wish I'd been around on the threads when it first came out. I sort of wish the whole game took place in the slums, or Old Town and the Slums were seamlessly placed together. Following was fun with the buggy, but the endings makes everything you've done feel so pointless.

I liked Dead Island and Riptide, but I was disappointed to see some stuff reused for Dying Light.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.