[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Star Fox Zero worth it ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: image.png (2 MB, 1660x916) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2 MB, 1660x916
Been debating weather to buy it or not but Ive heard a lot of mediocre /decent reviews
>>
>>335642246
Get the player's choice version when it's 20 bux. If it doesn't get a players choice, and it becomes rare from the low sales, then sucks to be you I guess. I enjoyed the game alot, worth 60 dollars though? no.
>>
>>335642524
It doesn't cost $60.
>>
>>335642590
oops, I was a penny off, I meant to say 59.99. Aren't I just a fucking retard.
>>
Get it used. It's a game where you have to be willing to invest in the gimmick. If you're not, then don't bother. If you are, then it may be worth it when you can get it cheaper. But I'd also recommend playing in co-op. Helps to learn the game since you're only focused on one of the screens.
>>
>>335642590
>$59.99
>>
>>335642246
Isn't worth 60 bucks

That's for damn sure
>>
>>335642590
it does if you want a better game included with it
>>
>>335642246
>looked forward to this game
>not a big star fox fan but know they've been living in a drought for too long and needed help
>this is all they get
I'm sorry for your loss, Starbros.
>>
>>335642843
>>335642789
>>335642590

It's not even worth it for The extra Star Fox Guard game ?
>>
>>335642872
At least Zelda Wiiu should be amazing, right? ...right?
>>
>>335642957
Unless you are a collectionfag, since i bet that shit will be rare
>>
>>335643021
It will be amazing on the NX
>>
I've played every Starfox game so probably biased, but I love this game. The controls somehow make this game way more fun and hectic. There is some bad though, theres a surprising lack of content that isn't replay levels to get highscores/medals. Levels feel like they are completed way too quickly and I feel like not enough importance was placed on branching paths.

All in all, maybe not worth $60, though I paid $50 on Amazon to get it + Guard (which I haven't even touched). I'd say $40 is a fair amount unless you love StarFox then go ahead and nab it. My only big issue is that there just feels like a giant lack of content for a modern title. I wish there were more levels to play since the few we do have are a blast once the controls sink in.
>>
I really hope it gets free updates
>>
>$60 for a 3 hour rail shooter
hhmmmm
>>
Opinion here from people that know what they're talking about is divided. Some love it, some are disappointed because it had potential to be much better, all agree that it's far better than the last 3 SF games
>>
what game is worse Star Fox Zero or Metroid: Other M?
>>
>>335644328
>$60 for a really bad 3 hour rail shooter
FIFY
>>
>>335642590
Got my copy for $30. Toys R Us coupons are the shit, man.
>>
>>335644617
Other M.
>>
>>335642246
It's not worth $60, and the controls aren't a problem. Think on that.
>>
>>335644617
Zero was a meh experience that left me with the feeling of "this could've been much better"
Other M was a punch in the gut.
>>
File: 1444136697235.png (331 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1444136697235.png
331 KB, 640x480
>>335642246
How much do you like Starfox 64?
How much do you like Splatoon?
If you answer "A lot" to both, then you'll love Zero.
If you hated Splatoon's controls, you'll despise Zero
If you're bad at multitasking, you'll despise Zero

If you like 100%ing games, you'll like Zero
If you like Arcade games, despite their short length, you'll like Zero
If you're a HUGE fan of Starfox, you'll adore Zero.

Zero is a VERY love it or hate it game, there is no middleground. The Gyro controls are the biggest detractor from the experience, but they really aren't as terrible as people make them out to be. Your enjoyment with them mostly just depends on how much time you're willing to put into the game. It could take you either a few stages, or a few hours for the gyro controls to click with you. But once they do, the whole game will open up into an amazing experience that's worth replaying over and over again.

Pros: It's one of the best Starfox games ever created. The levels are fast and fun, the dialogue is on point and will give you big smiles if you're a fan of the franchise. The gameplay once mastered is almost flawless. Dogfights against Starwolf are some of the best parts in the game BECAUSE of the control scheme and your expanded field of view. It's basically the Starfox game we've been waiting 20 years for.
Cons: It doesn't use the portal gimmick to the fullest extent, and many of the bonus levels are short 2-3 minute experience. Things that you would expect to be no-brainer additions like Expert Mode and multiplayer are mysteriously absent, and the game feels a bit... Unfinished. Like they had all the groundwork placed to build an extra 3-4 levels, but then they just... Didn't make them. What we have is great, but it just feels like there should be more to the game.

I say it's worth giving a chance if you're a fan, or wait for a price drop if you're not. It's an actual shame how many people dismiss Zero, or just don't "get it" because if its controls.
>>
>>335642246
I'll tell you right now that there isn't as much on-rails as you'd probably want, very much less than 64, and more all-range than you'd expect.
>>
>>335642246
I'm mean it depends how much you really love star fox as a whole. I grew up with Star Fox 64 and I also bought on the wii virtual console so I pretty played my whole life. So far Star Fox Zero is hype af with a really sweet control scheme
>>
The controls are a plus.
>>
Fortuna is the best part of the game. It's actually challenging, with great music, and the on rail shooting through the giant forest section is just awesome.
>>
>>335645196
I should add, the best way to play is to set the gyro controls set to "off". This will make the gyro only activate while you're firing your laser, so the ship will control more like it did in 64. This should offer more precision for your shots, and require you to re calibrate your gyro far less frequently.

>>335645479
But is that necessarily a bad thing? As a kid, I always wanted the freedom to explore levels in 64, and the levels like Sector Beta and Salvadora gave me a nice taste of that. I think that there should have been MORE on-rails levels (at least a 50/50 balance instead of 40/60), but I'm mostly happy with what we got.
>>
It's bad. Do yourself a favor a buy kirby instead.
>>
>>335645196
This is the first honest review of the game I've found yet, and it's on 4chan of all places.
Holy shit.
>>
File: _sd_000136.jpg (104 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
_sd_000136.jpg
104 KB, 800x600
Don't think it's shit because of the controls, it's shit because of the game itself.

Personally I'm disappointed. I was excited for this and everything.
>>
>>335647595
>anime poster
sure thing
>>
File: _sd_000036.jpg (174 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
_sd_000036.jpg
174 KB, 800x600
>>335647942
that's a visual novel.
>>
>>335644617
Other M is infinitely worse. You can get some enjoyment out of Zero.
>>
>>335642672
It doesn't cost $59.99 either.
>>
>>335648319
It does when you buy it and day 1 like I did.
>>
File: 1457996901907.jpg (138 KB, 1133x1280) Image search: [Google]
1457996901907.jpg
138 KB, 1133x1280
Imagine being stranded in the desert for god knows how long, and right when you feel yourself losing consciousness some jap walks up to you and hands you a glass of water.
That's Star Fox Zero; it's what I've wanted for so long, just not enough of it.
>>
>>335642246
Just get 64 on Virtual Console. You'll get a better game with more content and you'll save $50.
>>
Im a huge fan of starfox and find this game to be a joke. Gyro wing litterly becomes useless after walker has direct i commands.
Best thing about it is the music and the controls. worst thing, it just pales in comparison to starfox snes,starfox 2 and 64
>>
>>335642246
sad to hear it has a much smaller spectrum of content compared to Uprising

maybe if there were just more levels and the Arwing had customizable weapon loadouts, it just seems very bare bones
>>
who is this game for? Motion controls made for casuals but nostalgic 1 liners make it feel more to catering long time fans. hell the training is pretty bare bones aswell, it doesnt even teach you how to barrelroll or tell you about certain upgrades. 64 did this pretty well.
>>
>>335645196
>The levels are fast
No
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.