[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So it's been confirmed that Poise was in the game but they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41
File: 3026555-armor_set_gs.jpg (69 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
3026555-armor_set_gs.jpg
69 KB, 1280x720
So it's been confirmed that Poise was in the game but they disabled it for some reason?

How likely are they to ever fix it?
>>
>>335596097
Poise should be tied to weapons only. We don't need fucking Giant Dad's wielding Dark Swords R1 windmilling their way through a group of 3+ people while being unstunnable.

Only heavy weapons should have strong poise/hyperarmour. That's the trade off for having a faster weapon.
>>
>>335596371

The bonus for a heavy weapon is that it does shit loads of damage and is more likely to stun (or at least it would be if poise isn't fucked)
>>
>>335596371
>Giant Dad's wielding Dark Swords R1 windmilling
Never learned how to parry, eh?
>>
What's the point of Wolf ring then?
>>
>>335596938
Because muh Artorias
>>
>>335596757
>x is broken
>nah bro I can parry it
Literally every complaint
>>
>>335596752
>The bonus for a heavy weapon is that it does shit loads of damage
The thing with DaS3 is, buffed straight swords end up with 500+ AR, are 3x faster and use far less stamina.

With the same stat investment for a greataxe, you get maybe 650 - 700AR buffed, are telegraphed as fuck and open to even the easily wiffed DaS3 backstabs and you'd need 40END to have 4 consecutive swings.

Not that you should be swinging 4 times in a row with that weapon, just an example of how overly punished heavy weapons are. You get like 8 swings with a straight sword with 20 stamina ffs.
>>
>>335597069
But that literally is the way to counter it, dumbass. People just spamming R1 are easy to punish if you know how to fight properly. It wouldn't even matter with poise anyway, since spamming R1 would get in literally 1 hit since it wouldn't stun their opponent, so your fear of "giant dads with R1 dark swords" is pretty dumb.
>>
>>335597276
>press parry button at the perfect time
>get hit
>lose all stamina
>die

even a small amount of lag makes parrying a horrible idea, given that mistimed parries are now a death sentence
>>
>>335597582
>get hit
>lose all stamina
>die
Perhaps invest in more than 10 End and Vig?
>>
>>335596757
>try to parry a Dark Sword
>lol jk I hit you from a meter longer than your sword because this shit game has dogshit matchmaking that literally matches you up with fucking Russians and BR's when you have region restriction on

Nah.
>>
>>335597673
partial parries don't block the attack and drain all your stamina, because target shield et al have fuck all stability and it acts like you got guard broken for some reason

feel free to pump your end, you're still going to get fucked if you miss that parry
>>
File: 1430826194712.png (256 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
1430826194712.png
256 KB, 500x364
>>335597720
>when you have region restriction on
Ever consider it might be your internet? If your only rebuttal for parrying is that lag makes it harder, the same can be said for every aspect of PvP. Try to roll to avoid attacks? Nah, lag can make it so you get hit before you move. Try to use a shield? Nah, you can get hit before you raise it. Try to attack with a longer ranged weapon? Nah, then could teleport behind you and backstab you.
>>
>>335597934
>feel free to pump your end, you're still going to get fucked if you miss that parry
Not with more End. Not with a shield with higher stability. Not when upgrading your shield for higher stability. And even if you do get guard broke, if you can't move away before instantly dying, then you seriously need more Vig. To which, roll away, try again.
>>
>>335596371
than what is the fucking point of heavy armor? Cosmetics? Than why the fuck would you lock it behind a useless stat
>>
>>335596097
poise just works differently, it will never be 'fixed' because it's not broken
>>
>>335598012
You don't know how online play works do you? I have an 80Mb connection but that connection speed doesn't equate into the matter at all, it's down to ping, i.e how long it takes for your data to reach the server, then from the server back to the other player.

The longer the distance between, the more delayed the response is, which results in the lag, phantom range etc that you see on your screen.

Please educate yourself. If you're from the US, and the other player is from the UK, it doesn't matter how fast either connection speed is, you'll both have shit ping and be laggy as fuck to each other.
>>
>>335598329
How does it work then?
>>
>>335597582
sounds like you didnt hit parry button at the 'perfect time' imbecile
>>
>>335598329

It is literally turned off. If you use the cheat engine, you can set a flag to re-enable it.
>>
>>335598389
>If you're from the US, and the other player is from the UK
>matches you up with fucking Russians and BR's when you have region restriction on

If you can't play without lag and it's a common problem, it's you m8. If you have lag all the time, don't even bother complaining about game mechanics affected by it, because your opinion is literally worthless.
>>
>>335596097
Wit the addition of the Vitality stat, there was no reason for poise not to go back to the way it worked in DS1, but the way it works now it just means heavy armor and weapons are useless for both PvP and PvE and thus even less builds are viable and fun to use, cutting down on replayability immensely. It is my only complaint with the game, but I'm biased since I love making heavy characters that rely on gratshields and blocks instead of rolls, and that playstyle has been gutter even harder here than it was in DS2.
>>
>>335596097
If it's anything like the weapon durability bug, they'll fix it in 2 years when the definitive edition comes out
>>
>>335597720
Sounds like you can't parry for shit and cry about the lag to make yourself feel better famalam
>>
>>335598576
Even if there was no lag, parrying is a mechanic that does not belong in pvp under any circumstances.
>>
>>335598764
>parrying is a mechanic that does not belong in pvp under any circumstances.
What kind of retardation is this? Are you being serious right now?
>>
>>335598498
Oh that's why I have been winning online.
>>
>>335598576
You're mentally retarded aren't you.

>says use a game feature which requires precise timing within a very small window
>stupid gook devs aren't smart enough to include proper region restriction so you have to deal with 200 - 500ms lag when some fucking Russian or Bruce invades which makes timing that parry very unreliable
>>
>>335596097
I'm getting tired of bad players wanting DaS1 poise back

You bring that shit back and your bring the DaS1 meta back and you don't want that shit

Hyper armor is completely superior to the busted as poise system and I hope for my sake and everyone else's who actually enjoys this game that they leave it off
>>
>>335598756
>>335598576
I see the Aussie defence force is in full swing, fuck away off with your shit tier connections and stop shitting up everyone else game.
>>
>>335598828
I want you to explain to me how a mechanic that takes control away from the opposing player is a good idea in a pvp game. Take as long as you like.
>>
>>335598897
>complaining about mechanics requiring precise timing in a game reliant on precise timing to be successful
>complaining about said mechanics because he has lag

You're the retard here, friend.
>>335598996
>with your shit tier connections
Funny you should say that, since I don't get lag and no how to parry :^) sorry.
>>
File: 7982271.jpg (60 KB, 479x492) Image search: [Google]
7982271.jpg
60 KB, 479x492
>>335598012
>i am literally retarded and don't know what ping is
>>
>>335599057
It's a high risk high reward mechanic that requires skill to affectively deploy and useful for punishing playing who spam. How is parrying NOT a good inclusion in PvP? Because someone can critical hit you for spamming R1? Do you bitch about guard breaking, stunlocks and backstabs too?
>>
>>335598918

I think people are just mad that there's actually a poise stat in game that does nothing. If you're going to disable it then get rid of the stat. I'm happy with just having hyper armor and no poise like Demon's Souls, but why the hell is there even a poise stat? Half the skills are said to "increase poise" too.
>>
I've been playing DeS recently and for all it's faults, the lack of poise is actually a good thing. It prevents people from going balls out on everything like goddamn retards and then chugging (FREE) estus and never running out of it because bonfires are too close to each other.

Granted, heavy armor in that game was complete garbage. Maybe they should have balanced it out by making defence bonus actually worth shit.
>>
File: 3.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
3.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>335599068
>implying parrying is hard
No kiddo, it's simply unreliable due to being forced to play with 200+ ping when some BR invades.

I cannot believe you're so delusional of a FROM cocksucker that you'd actually defend the lack of regional restriction. It literally does nothing but make the online experience better for everyone.
>>
>>335599431
Then complain about fucking connection instead of parrying you dense bastard. If you have lag, black crystal out. If you have lag, don't attempt to parry. If you have lag, maybe don't play online at all until it's fixed? Is this too difficult a solution for you to come to all on your own?
>>
>>335599576
Not him but fromsoft has always been shit at their netcode. Fat chance it's gonna get patched at this point.
>>
The only problem with the way poise worked back in DS1 was how much poise you could get from armor, in addition to how upping endurance also let you carry more. In DS3 that has already been fixed by how the heaviest armor gives you a whooping 30 poise at most, and by the inclusion of the vitality stat, there was no need to make poise do literally nothing.
>>
>>335598576
This post reminds me of how people said that lag in TOR pvp was OK because everyone lagged as well. Literal autism.
>>
>>335599698
Whether or not that's the case, it doesn't change the fact that parrying is the most effective way of dealing with R1 spams from longswords. If people are unable to because of lag, then don't engage in the encounter.
>>
>>335599576
The entire complaint about parrying was BECAUSE them connection is so shit, you fucking illiterate retard. Literally learn to fucking read and comprehend things.

Parrying is unreliable because there is not region restriction and the connections are ass half the time. Jesus Christ you are fucking dumb, like impressively dumb even by /v/ standards.
>>
File: Cggb6ZEUIAET513.jpg (153 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Cggb6ZEUIAET513.jpg
153 KB, 1024x576
>he wants das1 poise back

you do know it benefits lighter weapons more then heavier weapons right?

learn to hyper/super armor
>>
>>335599181
You don't seem to understand the logic that the problem has NOTHING to do with activating the parry. It does not matter if it is hard, easy, skill-based, or luck-based. The problem also has nothing to do with spamming. Don't just shovel shit onto the wall and hope something sticks.
>>
>>335599868
>learn to hyper/super armor
or i could just use a rapier and stagger and UGS/UGA user to death whenever they try to swing
>>
>>335599859
>Parrying is unreliable because...
Then PvP in general is unreliable and you complaining about a single mechanic because you have lag is retarded as fuck, you idiot. You are literally complaining that something isn't 100% effective because of a completely unrelated problem. To which I've simply said: Don't play online or don't attempt to fucking parry. I have to actually spoonfeed you these solutions, because you're apparently too stupid to not attempt to parry when you're fighting someone who's floating around the fucking ground. Kill yourself.
>>
>>335599926
Then enlighten me as to why parrying doesn't belong in PvP at all, aside from your vague comment about "taking control away from your opponent"
Take as long as you like.
>>
>>335600005
Is that how it works right now? I hit people with my rapier but it doesn't always stagger.
>>
>>335599839
>>then don't engage in the encounter.
>implying you have much of a choice if you get invaded
>implying you should black crystal out in a pvp match and eventually get softbunned
How about no
>>
>>335600005
>I dont know how it works

found a scrub
>>
>>335600278
so while you are attacking you can't be staggered?
>>
>>335600201
Then die, like people usually do when invaded and have lag. This has absolutely nothing to do with parrying at this point.
>>
>>335600186

You stagger with every hit unless they're more than halfway through an attack animation in which case it's impossible to stagger.
>>
>>335600381
>depends how far you are into the animation but yes, very difficult to stagger once you're mid animation
>>
File: Hand-Reaching-out.jpg (878 KB, 4804x1901) Image search: [Google]
Hand-Reaching-out.jpg
878 KB, 4804x1901
>>335600381
I wonder how many times I have to repeat it in a day

yes and its weapon dependant
>>
File: Regen.webm (2 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Regen.webm
2 MB, 854x480
Just did some testing on regen, if its not visable in the webm its two +10 blessed weapons and the sun princess ring. 2 minutes 40 seconds to regen around 940 damage.
>>
>>335600480
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>335600504
Does upgrading blessed items improve their rate of regen or is it flat?
>>
>>335596371
Classic R1 shitter complaint.
So sad that the game makes you earn your combos, instead of just spamming.
>>
>>335600569
It increases the speed at which they trigger, the heal amount is the same.
>>
>>335600528
ur mom lmao
>>
Lightning Spears need hyper armor halfway into the animation like big weapons do. From decided to split the damage so the projectile does half the damage and the melee range has the other half.

at 60 faith and +7 saints talisman my normal lightning spears do 220ish damage at the range part and 450ish while I'm right in the enemies face.

I'm guessing Greater Lightning Spear would do 650ish in melee range but with no poise/hyper armor your not getting it off on a player.
>>
>>335596097
Poise is tied to into weapon movesets.

How likely you are to ignore other attacks while in the middle of an attack.
Outside of an attack animation it's nonexistant.
>>
>>335600773
>220ish damage at the range
jesus christ thats less than a longsword swipe
>>
File: 1416364184584.jpg (951 KB, 1375x1927) Image search: [Google]
1416364184584.jpg
951 KB, 1375x1927
fuck my life if they put poise patch then my spear cant kill anyone.
>>
>>335600896
I've been using an Astora straight sword NON-RAW all the way up until Dancer pumping all stats into faith and I've breezed through the game.

Straight swords are straight up way to good.
>>
If poise was in the game, fashion souls would cease to exist and there would be 0 point to any armor that doesnt have poise.

See how people complain about Dark Sword? Imagine if they complained about Havels AND Dark Sword
>>
>>335601014
or maybe everything else is just subpar?
>>
>>335601141
If everything was buffed up to being at straight sword level the PvE game would be a breeze.
>>
Poise is busted, but I also read that some covenants are confirmed by Namco to be busted. You know which three. Hopefully they will address these things, as well as the weird framerate issues.
>>
>>335601108
Wouldn't matter, dark souls wouldn't be able to stunlock like it can now. Havels + ultra weapons will be the new go-to, like giantdads.
>>
>>335601276
dark sword wouldn't*
>>
>>335600773
>Lightning Spears need hyper armor halfway into the animation like big weapons do
You're using a talisman, what's the issue?
>>
>game probably won't get fixed until the DLC
DEAD GAME
>>
>>335601276
>>335601379
Ultra-weapons already have enough hyperarmour, you just gotta predict and time your swings right.
They don't need poise.
>>
>>335601108
The point in not wearing heavy armor with poise, is so you can roll freely, and maintain speedy stamina recovery.

If you want to better balance heavy armors, then simply gimp stamina recovery further. Or even go as far as shaving points off the stamina bar while heavy armor is equipped.
>>
>>335601651
>maintain speedy stamina recovery.
stamina recovery is not affected by weight

Unless you're over 70% burden, but then you straight up deserve it.
>>
>>335596938
literally useless
>>
>>335600773
press L2
>>
>>335601807
In DaS1, heavy armor types would slow stamina recovery. I'm saying that they should make the effect more dramatic. So the downside of slow stamina is something to be of greater consideration when donning heavy armor.
>>
>there are STILL people who dont know what hyperarmor is when the series has 5 games
>>
File: parry is so hard i mlg now xD.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
parry is so hard i mlg now xD.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>335600092
Parrying is the one ability above all others in PVP that requires the smallest window, therefore it's the one aspect of PVP that is effected the most by lag. Nobody is complaining about the actual mechanic of parrying, they're complaining about how that one mechanic is the most effected by ping issues in game and is therefore unreliable to count on as a 100% solution to a problem.

The fact that you can't mentally comprehend that shows how much of a fucking retard you are, you dense motherfucker.

>or don't attempt to fucking parry.
Hilarious considering your original proposal for R1 spam was 'lol just parry it git gud xD'.

With your complete and utter lack of understanding of how ping works, I bet you're also one of those faggots who thinks there's no difference between playing a fighting game online vs LAN.
>>
>>335597276
Parry really isn't a good defense though. Its REALLY EASY to get lag problems, at least right now. Last couple times I PVPed there was about a second lag on everything. Parrying was impossible.
>>
>mfw I'm consistantly parrying online now

when the fuck did I get good? I used to whiff everytime online in Das1/2

It's the easiest it's been in the whole series
>>
>>335602095
>A circumstantial mechanic that only works in small windows of time is never explained.
>Everyone should know what it is.
>>
>>335600654
What? My post is anti R1 spam. Giant Dad tier poise promoted R1 spam because you literally could not be stunned with all that poise, and therefore could just spam R1 in someone's face until they died.
>>
>>335600005
But what if you fight against me? Who will use perseverance and hit you with my hammer as you reel back after I shrug your R1 off with my poise.

Actually, its a one in a ten thousand chance you will fight me on PC, because so far I'm the only person I've seem to actually wear heavy armor AND use perseverance.

But without big weapons and perseverance, then yes, poise is useless.

I noticed that the R2 attacks of most lighter weapons only get some super armor frames during the very last moments of the attack, I was able to employ this with a mace to score some counter hits for bonus damage, but it is hard, because miss the timing a little bit and you will miss the super armor frames.

I think I could probably live with how poise works now, but only because I use Great Hammers, so for everyone else, they should add more super armor frames to every weapon.
>>
>>335602208

Parrying is easy in 3. Just tine it a few moments earlier than normal
>>
>>335596097
Roll roll attack
>>
>>335599926
>mfw r1 spammers think anyone will side with them on their bitchmade tactics

LMAO GET GOOD FAG
>>
>>335602324
And now whoever has the lowest stamina cost weapon wins. Big improvement.
>>
>>335602347
It seems that people good at parrying in 1 are terrible at parrying in 3 and vice versa

It's really weird.
>>
Is 'poise' the most degenerate meme souls 'community' has ever came up with?
>>
>>335602296

You honestly should after 5 games. You definitely should if you intend to start shit about poise when you dont actually know a fucking thing about basic game mechanics
>>
>>335599926
Maybe you should do something less predictable than R1 R1 R1 R1 R1 R1

R1 spam is so easy to parry
>Block first attack
>Parry second
>Riposte
>R1 spamming idiot suddenly can't fight me because I can parry every second attack he does
>>
>>335598390
for one thing, if you are hit while rolling, you can poise through it
>>
>>335601573
You're right but shiteaters will keep denying that and blindly praising something broken from DaS1 just because of where it's from
>>
>>335602513
Of course he knows about pose, because the stat is right there in the menu. How is he magically supposed to gain this information about hyper armor?
>>
File: 546546.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
546546.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>335602457
>people STILL haven't clued in to how retardedly strong ultra weapon hyper armour is
Excellent, more free kills for me, keep on trying to spam that gay little SS and rapier in my face kek.
>>
>>335601108

Without poise, you have to play unoptimally in order to be fashionable by putting points into a useless stat to wear anything other than rags or incomplete armor sets. With poise, you have to play unoptimally in order to be fashionable because you're not wearing the best armor. It's the same shit either way.

Neither way would be a problem if From could just balance their damn game.
>>
>>335602573
>block first attack
And lose all your stamina at once because he's using Knight Slayer and something heavier than a Dark Sword.
>>
>>335602012
So you want to punish heavy/str builds even more?
>>
>>335596097
>How likely are they to ever fix it?

They did, they disabled it and therefore fixed it.
>>
>>335602720
>avelyn
>Ultra weapon

lmao casual
>>
>>335602720
What does that webm have to do with hyper armor?
>>
>>335600478
I noticed this too, while multiple people hitting you will poise break you during your swing if you're not wearing high poise armor, it is, as far as I know, one hundred percent impossible to poise break a two handed swing of a giant weapon by yourself, even with another big swing and even if you're bare naked while swinging.

I think big weapons give an invisible bonus to poise while swinging, this is the only explanation I can come with, because when it comes to smaller weapons, during their brief moments of super armor during their R2 attacks, if you don't have enough poise, even a single R1 will stagger you and cancel your R2.
>>
>>335602719

By playing the game? It's obviously so obscure of a mechanic that literally no one has figured it out on their own.

It was blatantly ducking obvious in demons souls, even
>>
>>335596097
Better disabled. Fuck poise cheap shit
>>
>>335603105
>he wants a game where you can perma stunlock everyone with a dagger or broken sword
>>
>>335602804
You can be STR without the heavy armor.
But if you want to be heavy, then you shouldn't be able to spam. The advantage of poise, is being able to exchange damage. Not spam it.
>>
>>335603051
oroboro knows how it works, just ask him
>>
>>335602720
Cute webm. Too bad it has literally nothing to do with hyperarmor.

I thinkt he worst thing about these threads is that people PVP against shitters, and then come in here and talk about how great X is. X isn't great, you just beat really shitty players.

Beat players you KNOW are better than you with something, and I'll listen to how OP that something is.

Because that is how something is actually OP. Because it allows you to beat people you shouldn't have had any chance to beat.
>>
>Spend hours trying to find the perfect poise/weight ratio
>Eventually got all the armor I needed
>Turns out it was all pointless

Why is armor so useless now? Is it to make vitality more useful?
>>
>>335603203
Hyperarmor is better for trading than poise is because poise benefits small weapons as well and enables poise backstabs

Heavy weapons are honestly fine how they are. They just require a little more finesse but that's how it should be
>>
desu senpai id much rather have them fix the blades cov before they do anything.
>>
>>335596097
>really enjoy fighting the champ
>parry the shit out of his horizontal sweeps
>decide to show off during some coop
>he whiffs it every time and I eat a shoulder to the face
>>
>when you get the backstab animation but your opponent rolls away.
>>
>>335603413
>desu senpai
thats what you get for using niggerspeak
>>
>>335600504
Do you happen to know if ancient dragon greatshield is better when maxed out or is a +10 blessed shield better for regen?
>>
>pvp is functionally the same as it was in demons souls in terms of poise and hyperarmor
>no one complained
>all of a sudden darksouls
>"WAAHHH IM SUFFERING PENALTIES FOR GETTING HIT WHY CANT I JUST SPAM R1 OVER AND OVER WHILE THEY CANT STUN ME LIKE IN DARK SOULS 1 AND 2"

Fucking PC fats.
>>
>>335603504
>using big fucking shields
just get a shitty buckler for parrying. you don't actually block attacks like a baddie casual, right? you aren't some shitter who can't dodge, right?
>>
>>335603362
I would agree if hyperarmor was less finicky. Only GETTING hyperarmor on some frames of your attacks puts you at a severe disadvantage against anyone remotely competent with a fast weapon.

If Hyperarmor was extended to cover more frames, or weapons provided a "poise modifier" where heavier weapons got considerably more benefit from poise than lighter ones, then maybe that would work.

As is, hyperarmor is a complete gamble. Even shit like stomp, which by all reason should provide instant hyperarmor, are piss easy to get knocked out of until you are halfway through the followup swing.
>>
>>335603051
Not everyone is going to grasp what is happening when it happens. Not everyone is even going to notice when it happens. Because it's too circumstantial. You have to just so happen be using the right weapon. Just so happen to be using the move with hyper armor, and just so happen to get attacked within the window. Actually take notice that you didn't stagger. And actually repeat the action. If you don't just chalk it up to randomness, then you might confuse it for your armor protecting you. Or the enemy failing to hit you hard enough. Or failing to hit you in the right point.
>>
>>335602793
I have enough stamina and a shield with enough stability to block and parry an attack from everything that's spammable, even with knight slayer

I don't do it to everything, heavier greatswords I just roll dodge and time and space my attacks properly, but straightswords and other light weapons get parried all the time
>>
File: 1456389330857.jpg (67 KB, 523x692) Image search: [Google]
1456389330857.jpg
67 KB, 523x692
>>335602096
>playing fightan games
>>
>>335603586
No I just use it on my back for regen while cosplaying as the nameless king. The block amount is pitiful anyway
>>
>>335596371
>see a guy with a dark sword
>eat two r1's to the face
>parry
Works every time. Literally, I haven't seen it fail yet and I've met dozens. Dark sword users are fucking shit.
>>
>>335602804
Punish? But STR giant weapons are good in this game, one good read and you can kill a person right away.

Of course you can't spam R1 and beat 90% of the population which consists of retards anyway, but for me, the only times I may lose a 1v1 are when the host becomes a t-pose sliding man, and when they are so laggy that they teleport all around and only take the hits a few years later.
>>
File: 546555674646.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
546555674646.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>335602986
Nothing, it just show the raw POWAH of ultra greataxes.

With this much damage and the power of retarded hyperarmour, you can literally out trade anything other than a superior ultra weapon build.

>>335603356
>X isn't great, you just beat really shitty players.
Ultra weapon hyperarmour is legitimately great though, regardless if it's more effective against shitters. Everything strong is always going to be more effective against shitters, this doesn't mean it's not also effective against good players.
>>
>>335600504
>>335600668
I heard that if you rapidly equip and unequip a blessed weapon it will proc the healing faster, you should try that

also you should try that dragon shield that heals you over time (same rate as the ring)
>>
>>335603362
poise is SUPPOSED to help anyone who takes advantage of it. Even small weapons. Poise allows for more build variation in that respect.
Backstab fishing is mitigated now that you can't just immediately backstab.
And if heavy armor made stamina slowing more dramatic, then that would prevent people from spamming with small weapons.
>>
>implying having to put points into vit to wear heavy high poise armor is broken
>implying it should be viable to put all points in str and end and stunlock everything
>'muh fashion souls would be ruined'fags thinking it should not be punishable to wear whatever they wish
>>
>>335603356
You mean shield and flame buffed estoc shitters who wait for you to whiff a swing and come spamming R1?

Or maybe the Dark Sword R1 spammers who do the same as above? Both extremely easy to beat. And they are using "OP" stuff.
>>
>>335603748

>You win because 90% of the population is retarded.
>But me, I win because I'm a fucking god, git gud scrub.
>>
DS pvp has always been shit but I honestly think 3 has the least shit pvp out of them all.

>R1 spammers though!

Much better than dealing with lagstab fishers and ninja flipping havels users.
>>
>>335597081
40/40 dark sword is 452 AR. Pretty much all the straight swords go up to ~400 at least. You can get 700 buffed.
>>
File: Covenant_BlueSentinel.jpg (716 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Covenant_BlueSentinel.jpg
716 KB, 1920x1080
idk why you guys argue about stats/mechanics so much
its literally impossible to balance dark souls pvp

like its bizarre to think about playing pvp competitively when the game doesn't even show ping.
>>
>>335603862
And would punish heavy weapons that need the poise in order to get a hit off on faster weapons
>>
>>335603957
I mean people that actually can see the 3 second long attack animations for huge weapons and avoid them.

And ones that know better than just keep spamming R1 instead of spacing their attacks.

You know, people that aren't brain dead.
>>
File: 1459097824230.jpg (101 KB, 399x388) Image search: [Google]
1459097824230.jpg
101 KB, 399x388
>>335604058
>You can get 700 buffed.
Fucking disgusting, I can't wait until they nerf that gay shit.
>>
>>335603818

See, he ran in to attack after you started yours. Anyone not retarded and who actually seen that attack before would have just rolled through you. Your only proving that your fighting shit players.
>>
>>335603359
I wear the Cathedral set and have 44 VIT, my friend says he does around 90 damage to me per swing, while he does as high as 230 against people on mage robes.

Unless you use maces or hammers, ignore poise, just focus on the absorption rating.
>>
>>335603359
don't be fooled, damage absorption stat still has a big effect. Try taking a hit from the first hollow enemy in the game as a Knight, then take off all the armor and take a hit. It's a big difference.

still, poise is a dump stat for every build now though, unless you want to cosplay. No reason to go higher than 10 vit really, or 15 if you want to be heavy armor knight with a massive weapon
>>
>R1 estoc shitters taking an anti-poise stance
>"just parry bro!"
>"poise is just hyperarmour now, learn to use it!"
>meta is completely stale and unplayable if you're not using a thrusting sword
>GS and UGS still do barely more damage than a dark sword
>in the time it takes you to swing a UGS once you've taken the same amount of damage with R1 spam
>rolling still costs almost 0 stamina
>estus is unpunishable
>backstabs never go through
>A-posing
>matchmaking cross region even if you have the option set to OFF
>shitposting webm's showing they won 1 fight when they didn't show the 999 they lost
>Farron doesn't work
>Darkmoon doesn't work
>weapon arts almost all pointless save for edge case scenarios

But you're right, we're the problem :^)
>>
>>335604186

>your
>>
File: Vagrant.png (3 MB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Vagrant.png
3 MB, 2560x1440
I killed Rosaria on accident is there a way to get her to respawn like in DAS 2??

What did I miss out on, respeccing?
>>
>>335604326
>965 million souls
always amusing when hackers post their shit trying to act hard
>>
>>335604186
He had already committed to the attack, that was a read, not a reaction.
>>
>>335599431
>trying to gank squad that poor darkspirit
>>
>>335604149
If a heavy weapon user has low weight, then they can still dance around the heavy small weapon user. If the heavy weapon user has high weight, then they can trade with the heavy small weapon user.
>>
>they excluded a mechanic
>it's broken
>>
>>335604406
Its just a random image from my souls folder
>>
>>335604186
Did I ever claim that was a good player anon? That's just a fun webm of some Fallen Knight scrub dumb enough to actually fall for Dragonslayers L2, but it also displays how strong hyperarmour on ultra weapons is, something you seemingly denied.

I've shit on plenty of 'good' straight sword and rapier fags with heavy weapons since the beginning, it's really not that hard, all you have to actually do is think "how would I tackle this greataxe if I was a rapier user who knows it's impossible to out trade it".

It just requires more forward thinking and prediction/reading to outplay, not my fault you're shit at that.
>>
>>335603648

Or acknowledging its hyperarmor because its been a documented and pretty obvious mechanic in every single souls game and isnt even exclusive to the souls series

>defending being ignorant to a mechanic that has existed since the start of the series and then having the gall to argue that its just poise
>>
>>335604428

>He had already committed to the attack

You can clearly see him still moving, you nut. Even then, he could have rolled out after the first swing.
>>
>>335604462
>not getting 2 bros in and then popping Dried Fingers for dank 3v3's while also trying to survive through the area
you're missing out my man
>>
>>335604161
That was a typo, meant 600. I don't think you'll get 250 out of a buff, at least not without huge investment and a clutch ring.
>>
>>335604537
Armor has poise as a stat on it and it doesn't work,it's broken.
>>
>>335603548
>WHY CANT I JUST SPAM R1 OVER AND OVER
Actually that's the main problem: everyone and their mother is spamming R1 with a straight sword
>>
Did they patch Flynn ring to be shit? I remember it giving a big bonus before (a few weeks ago) but now it does fuck-all
>>
>>335604214
>then take off all the armor
You get a damage multiplier if you leave a slot empty. For example, not wearing torso armor makes it so you take an extra +30% damage. The rest are lower, but wearing absolutely nothing results in +60% damage taken.
>>
>>335604157
Joke is on them, I only whiff attacks when its a bait.

I don't think good big weapon users just run after people trying to hit them, they predict a commitment, time their attack to get that delicious trade that will stagger the other person but not you, and then the mix up begins.

Only bad players swing their huge weapons against the air, its useless and all it does is get yourself backstabbed, or punished.
>>
>hosts have to keep embering if they die
>summon sign spirits keep theirs

bravo from
>>
>>335604720
>at least not without huge investment and a clutch ring.
I've seen some incredibly squishy but strong mage/rapier builds that do this, their rapiers legit hit as hard as fucking greatswords, but they'll die in 1 hit as the risk.
>>
Why aren't there bonfire ascetics, that was the only good thing in DaS2 and they ditched it.
>>
File: 1428610042058.png (10 KB, 438x499) Image search: [Google]
1428610042058.png
10 KB, 438x499
>>335596097
So I've heard magic is supposed to be dogshit in this game. So I started as a sorcerer and had a mildly tough time with the beginning of the game, and even did shit damage against the Deacons of the Deep, one of the easier bosses apparently...

And then I absolutely destroyed Pontiff thanks to magic at 30 int. Was I lied to? Is magic still OP in this game?
>>
>>335604406
>asking if he missed out on respeccing
>trying to act hard
>>
>>335604594

>Did I ever claim that was a good player anon?

Responding with
>Everything strong is always going to be more effective against shitters, this doesn't mean it's not also effective against good players.
And a second webm after someone points out that your first webm is just you going against a shitter is a pretty heavy implication, yes.

Hyperarmor obviously works for it's intended purpose, but it doesn't mean anything if no one is dumb enough to attack you during it and good luck hitting anyone outside of that.
>>
>>335604861
even if you try it with a sorcerer or cleric there's a noticeable difference in damage. There's a reason Knight is the easymode class, and it's not just the weapon. A knight can face-tank all the enemies in the first level thanks to his armor
>>
>>335604594
it's genuinely sad to see people so caught up in the game that they have to bully newer players that are still learning. Like I'm embarrassed to know that you are part of our community.
>>
>>335604157
>I can't bait and predict counterplay so nobody can, these weapons are shit because I can't do it!
Literally a babby, back to your straight sword.
>>
>>335604667
Game has an input buffer, if he was spamming R1, then it was already too late.
>>
>>335603548
The problem with DaS3 is how generous stamina is in this game. Unless you're specifically using equipment that hinders stamina regen, everybody has stamina for days, so you can R1 spam your heart out, and there's very little penalty for burning your entire stamina bar through mashing.
>>
>>335604961
Magic is still the shitter style
>>
>>335604961
certain enemies are really weak to ranged combat strategies due to their AI

actually it probably would have been more effective for you to use Great Chaos Fireball, which has 0 stat requirements, instead of magic
>>
>>335604961
>And then I absolutely destroyed Pontiff thanks to magic at 30 int. Was I lied to? Is magic still OP in this game?
How. I'm doing magic build right now, and Pontiff wasn't super hard, but can't say I destroyed him.
>>
>>335604961
I don't really get it either. I chose pyro and it helped me quite a bit throughout the entire game.
>>
>>335605000
>A knight can face-tank all the enemies in the first level thanks to his armor
It's MAYBE a 10% damage resistance with knight armor compared to sorcerer robes.

Even the heaviest armor in the game doesn't allow you to facetank anything.
>>
>>335602096
Dark Souls is perfect, shut up
>>
>>335601014
They have maybe 20 less base damage than ultra greatswords but are triple the speed

Also they stun just as well
>>
>>335604961
Just requires more stat investment to git gud
>>
>>335605087

The input buffer is irrelevant to a skilled player, because they will time the R1 presses instead of mashing it. You are only proving my point that he was a bad player who ran into an obvious attack.
>>
>>335604720
My anri's straight sword build hits 700+ AR with buffs
>>
>>335604992
I really don't understand your point, you're claiming that heavy weapons and hyper armour are only good against shitters, which makes me believe you're a shitter who simply can't git gud at using heavy weapons because they require more thought and forward thinking to be successful with against other good players.

>>335605005
Well I don't mean to be harsh, but it's a tough lesson that has to be digested and it'll help him become a better player and be more wary against ultra weapons. The best way to learn how to counter in Souls is to either play the weapon you're having trouble fighting, or dying by it enough times to learn it's strengths and weaknesses. Now he'll know not to trade and trade with a greataxe again, and adapt a more reserved playstyle against them.
>>
>>335605406
Oh, right, Anri's. What's it at unbuffed, and what are your stats? Doesn't have to be exact, curious about that sword.
>>
>>335604961
Everyone talked up Pontiff so much that I was terrified of fighting him. I summoned two phantoms to help me, assuming they'd both die and I'd have to struggle my way to victory.

He was such a fucking cakewalk with two summons. I should have soloed him.
>>
The game right now is in a pretty weird state.

On one hand, yes r1 spamming longswords stunlocks and does good damage.

On the other, hyperarmor makes sure heavy weapons will almost always win in a trade because you're guaranteed 2 really damaging hits.

If you know what you're doing with a heavy weapon though, a straightsword will never win. It's easily parried or easily punished thanks to hyper armor.
>>
>>335605568
>not soloing every single boss naked on your first playthrough for the purpose of gittin' gud

Fucking casual.
>>
>>335605568

Yes, you shouldn't have summoned two phantoms for your first try at a boss when the bonfire is literally ten seconds away, you complete pussy. What were you even thinking?
>>
Opinions on a bow run ? Are bows viable? Are they fun?
>>
>rocking the executioners great sword since I got it
>just killed aldritch with it at +6
>favorite weapon so far
>also use it pretty successfully in invasions

That said even I recognize the clear advantage straight swords have. DS2 had a bunch of good strength shit.
>>
>>335604961
Magic, damage wise, is incredibly strong. There's still that one shot potential in PVP like it's always been.

The difference is now magic requires you to sacrifice a SHIT TON of survivability for that retarded damage, that means less HP, less defense, less estus in face of ashen.

It's actually incredibly well balanced right now, magic shitters are just used to facerolling everything and everyone with little to no downsides.

The only buff magic needs is cast speed.
>>
>>335596752
except if you try to trade with a longsword or a katana you have your attacks interrupted and get stunlocked by r1spam.

at least Dark Souls 2 followed the DeS method of giving hyperarmor to heavy weapons. but DaS3 is as if they saw how dagger pokes had that insane poisebreak and thought, "you know what we should do? we should make the whole game like that!"

for all people's bitching about 2, DaS3 is the game that really has no poise. only skills have poise, and even then only sometimes. its totally fucked
>>
>>335604326
just answer muh goddamn question jesus
>>
>>335605161
I died two or three times, but all I was doing was melee. I consistently got him into his second form each time, and then I just started using magic from the beginning of the fight and won that try.

So either /v/ was hyping Pontiff up for no reason, or magic is dogshit for the early part of the game but becomes great later. What the fuck.
>>
>>335599229

Dark Souls 2 did the same thing. The poise stat shows up on screen, but never does anything. In fact, outside of the odd moment in PvE, "hyper armor" barely works at all.

They just went full Demon's Souls. Armor is for cosmetics, and hyper armor works pretty well now. Not sure I agree with it, but it's what we got. Makes heavy armor useless, though, and stats in general.

I think the poise values for armor pieces is now low enough that you can't stack as easy as in DaS1, but I dunno. I don't think they will ever change it.
>>
>>335605827
www.google.com you helpless fucking faggot
>>
>>335605621
youll only win in a trade with an ultra if theyre not buffed or youre using a greataxe
>>
>>335605815
DaS3 has stronger and more reliable hyperarmour than 2, don't walk right up to a straight sword user, wait for him to start his attack and THEN hit R1 on your ultra and bitch botu how there's no hyper armour.

It kicks in like 1/4 way into the animation, and it's 100% reliable.
>>
>>335605406
>straight swords are the shitter weapon this time around

Fuck. Is the shortsword overpowered too? It's a straight sword, right? I always use straight swords in these games.

And I really like Anri's and Yuria's questlines, so I was planning to use her sword when I got it. Fuck.
>>
>>335605756
DS2 had a variety of good weps, but that didnt stop everyone from rocking the Guts sword with its insane damage
>>
>>335603818
I love that axe so much, great for bosses, great for invasions.
>Somebody invades my game.
>Try to find any door I can hide behind pretty well and see.
>Here comes the invader.
>Charge up.
>As they walk through the door slam down on them instant killing them.
>Im sorry Im sorry Im sorry.
>>
File: 1451965532522.png (262 KB, 471x411) Image search: [Google]
1451965532522.png
262 KB, 471x411
>>335605621
>If you know what you're doing with a heavy weapon though, a straightsword will never win.

This.

>mfw the host tries to parry my warcried BKGA r2
>>
>>335605667
>>335605683
I was expecting an O&S-level repeated ass raping, where two phantoms would just buy me a little time. It was disappointing.
>>
>>335597081
this. I used BK GS for most of my playthrough, once I got the drake blood sword I switched to that and will never look back to UGS again, even a GS is far superior in every way to any UGS, not to mention OP straight swords

Balance your shit FROM
>>
>>335605621
>If you know what you're doing with a heavy weapon though, a straightsword will never win.
If it's anything like previous ds games pvp, you can easily kill any heavy weapon user simply because their shit's too slow to deal with patient poking, not to mention backstabs have been nerfd.
>>
>>335606085
>O&S
>hard

okay, now i know you're trolling. you got me either way.
>>
>>335596097
Nah its in the game. I can definitely notice a difference when I'm wearing light armor and heavy armor. I can poise through maybe one or two hits depending on the weapon if its heavier armor but when I'm wearing light armor I get stunlocked.
>>
>>335603818
using a skill gives hyperarmor. its about the only reliable hyperarmor.

but if you swing and he attacks at the same time, you get interrupted.
>>
>>335606085

Don't give me excuses. You're not allowed to act like a little bitch when dying means a whopping ten second run back up to the boss. If it was Oceiros or something you'd have a point.
>>
>>335596097
If we're going to have a separate stat for equip load then there's no reason to not have it work like in Dark Souls 1.

People have to invest in VIT in order to both wear heavy armor and roll, which means a tanky build that relies on poise will have less health, damage output, or both than someone at the same level who didn't invest in VIT.

Plus backstabs work like in Dark Souls 2, so it's not like you can just tank through hits to get to the opponent's back.

If someone wearing heavy armor comes towards you with a UGS or something you can always stand back and throw shit at them or just dodge/parry their hits.

There is literally no reason why poise shouldn't work like in 1.
>>
>gottards
>just nonstop roll attack spamming
>setup parry
>they just hit through it and do half my hp

is it like this for anyone else or is everyone I summon with these from china?
>>
>>335605943
First of all that's simply not true, except maybe for a dark sword with sacred oath and a weapon buff.

At any rate, if you got the timing down you can hit them before they land their second swing. I've done it plenty of times.
>>
>"so poise is broken or something, it doesn't seem to work"
>"hi im retarded and this is my first souls game. Poise is working fine it just works differently this time, it works during attacks and youre fucking stupid for not seeing this"
>"actually thats hyperarmor, it has been a thing since desouls"
>"what? Fuck off retard poise is fine they just changed it up get used to it"
>guy on youtube proves poise is literally just turned off and non-functioning
>"HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW HYPERARMOR IS A THING"
>>
Anybody else feel like there's not much in the way of skill to facing gank squads this time around?

Most victories feel like they're the result of other peoples stupidity rather than the skill of the invader. It doesn't matter that most people are stupid, it's still not a good feeling.
>>
>heavy weapons are fine because you just need to put twice as much effort to deal ten percent more damage than shitter weapons
>implying
>>
>>335605285
AR doesn't tell the whole story, that's for sure. Yesterday I was fighting against a dude with dank sword, and a dude with Smough's hammer, I was bored and decide to just job and test the damage difference against armor, I had the full Lothric Knight set, which is 27% against slashing damage, and 23% against strike, and 27 VIT.

The dude with the buffed Dank Sword did an average of 160 damage, and the dude with the Smough's hammer did 330, and because you can only take 2 hits before being able to roll away, it means that the first guy could do up to 320 damage in a single combo, while the second one could do up to 660.

I don't think Smough's hammer has more than double of Dark Sword's AR, specially since DS was probably infused and was also buffed.

Sure, against mobs the dark sword DPS would be higher because the guy can swing almost 10 times in a row, but in PvP, with the anti-stunlock system, the Hammer is more deadly if you can hit.
>>
>>335605983
>and it's 100% reliable.
lol no it isnt. It really isnt. DaS2 was reliable. I knew when i swung id have hyperarmor. (unless the opponent was using a rolling dagger poke or a rolling katana poke) in DaS3 I just cant get the same feel for it. it feels random. sometimes ill get hyperarmor, other times i get interrupted.
>>
>>335606348
>Implying people actually stick to the 125 Meta.

Plus BSs work like Dark Souls, just it doesn't lock you in until 1/3rd of a second has passed
>>
>>335606546
There's no defined meta yet and I doubt there will be, but since we have level ranges instead of soul memory you'll still be fighting people who are roughly "around" your level.
>>
>>335606513
one dude was probably one handing the dark sword and the other one was two handing the greathammer which increases damage
>>
>>335606312
>but if you swing and he attacks at the same time, you get interrupted.
Hyper armour kicks in a certain point into your heavy weapon swing, therefore you have to predict the distance between you and him and how fast his swing is to time it so that you both trade at the point after where hyper armour kicks in.

>>335606521
See the above, it's literally a L2P issue, hyper armour is strong as fuck in DaS3.
>>
>>335606469

>run hypermode sorc with obscuring ring
>its a host and 3 phantoms huddled around a bonfore episode
>wait until they emote spm at some poor retard
>one shot them with soul stream from across the map
>>
>>335606513
>if you can hit.
That's the key here. The dark sword is much easier to land with. Great weapons are a joke to avoid.

Also, the dark sword gets the greatsword weapon art that gives you actual poise to make landing attacks even easier.
>>
>>335605997
Anri and Yuria
>sorry anon
>>
>>335606632
Yeah, but like the level ranges are the same as Bloodborne.

Where I'd constantly fight people 150+ at 120.

Which yes 30 levels can make or break a fight.

Imagine what 30 levels could do to VIG
Mr. "They will have less HP"
>>
Honestly I can't for the life of me think of why poise was included as a stat if they turned it off, that is unbelievably lazy. It's blatantly obvious they turned it off though. Balance wise however I think no poise is a good thing.
>>
>>335606348
If the great sword user does the first move then he is doing it wrong. Unless it is a guaranteed hit, he should ever swing his weapon from max poking range to keep the spacing.
>>
>>335606507

ThT is how str weapons have functioned in every souls game

Theyre the roll and poke for big damage weapons
>>
I think it's fine as it is right now. They should increase hyper armor frames on greataxes, I think. I can barely trade with the Greataxe like I do with ultra swords. Maybe I'm just using it wrong? I dunno.

The old poise system just means Havel dudes with darksword/estoc/stunlocky weapon of choice with a buff, and the only way to counter it would be to use big weapons.

And the old poise system would mean that hyper armor is now useless since poise would always be active. Is this a very quiet test on FromSoft's end? I dunno. Either way, I believe that as long as nothing stuns you for longer than 2 hits, it's fine as it is. Or maybe it WOULD be better if armor had a real purpose. I don't know, man, I just like to play.

Anyway, here's a vid in case anyone wants some source:

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EaoGYbK0fo
>>
>>335606809
>Great weapons are a joke to avoid
No they are not. For starters, they outrange a dark sword by a mile.

Of course if you don't know how to use them properly and just swing wildly then yes you're gonna have a bad time against small weapons users.
>>
>>335606467
What if poise is just now integrated into hyperarmor and has no influence outside of it?
>>
>>335606797
Soul stream makes using a magic build worth it.

Also, does morion blade + red tearstone add up to more damage than the magic boosting candlestick?
>>
>>335606661
Indeed he was, damn I feel dumb now.
>>
Do you think there will be rebalance patches?
>>
Through all this bullshit, I'm glad backstabbing is dead.

I'll take faceroll offense over the defensive oriented bullshit that 1 had.
>>
>>335607054

40% with both
>>
>>335607205
> backstabbing dead
not even 5 minutes ago I punished a guy parryfishing with a backstab

People just need to get used to how different backstabbing is in this game.
>>
>>335606965
Range doesn't matter because only idiots try to trade with a great weapon.

Abusing how much stamina great weapons use up and how simple it is to roll through their attacks make it very easy to bully them down.
>>
>>335607176
The game is pretty much inherently unbalanced imo, any steps they take to balance it are going to break it even more.
>>
File: 6.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
6.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>335606521
You have to predict now, not just mash R1 like a fag, HA only applies after a certain way through your attack animation.

It's like learning clutch control in a car, every weapon has a different sweetspot like every car's clutch has a different sweetspot, and you have to learn where that is. You also have to learn what weapons you can and can't out-hyperarmour so you know who to trade with and who not to.

WIth a halberd I can hyper armour through a katana and straight sword easily, but I can't do that to a greataxe or UGS as they're higher up the HA food chain.
>>
>>335607176
>japan devs caring about their games

kek
>>
>>335607004
The thing is that there are more instances where hyper armor exists in this game that super armor, the version that actually uses poise.

So far, most stanced weapon arts attacks, the perseverance weapon art, rolling recovery frames and the very end of many R2 attacks are the only instances I noticed or was told that poise actually exists.

Everything else that tanks hits will tank everything regardless of poise, because they are hyper armor instead of super armor moves.
>>
>>335606469

I just wait for them. I have all the time in the world. And theres no invasion timer.

The phantoms with the host either get impatient or just start making dumb mistakes.

I never lose this way if I play my cards right and cozy up to instadeath crowds of enemies.
>>
File: 1360013184121.jpg (118 KB, 1048x720) Image search: [Google]
1360013184121.jpg
118 KB, 1048x720
>>335607257
So there's no reason to actually use hypermode magic then. Great.
>>
>>335607205

Implying insta backstabs werent great and a good counter to turtling greatshield retards
>>
>>335607412
I kind of gave up trying to teach /v/ how to use huge weapons...

But that guy obviously died because he didn't know your weapon's moveset, and I bet you get that a lot.
>>
>>335607608

Oh boy do you have some nostalgia goggles.

PVP was a constant spin match 70 percent of the time
>>
File: kyle_realization.gif (36 KB, 192x224) Image search: [Google]
kyle_realization.gif
36 KB, 192x224
>Ultra Greatswords got a speed buff and are nearly as fast as Greatswords.
>Ultra Greatswords have a shitton of hyper armor and Greatswords barely have any.
R.I.P. Claymore. Long live the Ultra Greatsword.
>>
>>335607736
>70
>>
>>335599431
Man, fuck the hornet ring
>>
>>335600493

You will have to repeat it forever because dark souls never explains its mechanics because it's a piece of shit
>>
>>335607642
Yeah I don't user the swordspear that much anymore, I abused the fuck out of it at launch because most people hadn't seen it yet, but it's one of those things that once you've seen it, you'll never fall for it again. Very gimmicky in that respect.

Gundyr's is probably the strongest Halberd in terms of moveset and weapon art.
>>
>>335607528

>mfw constant hours of frustration trying to figure out how to get the morion blade when it isnt even necessary because you can just use this weapon im just hearing about

God fucking damnit from
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.