[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>So what can we do to capture that nostalgia of when WoW first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60
File: WoW_Box_Art1.jpg (191 KB, 300x430) Image search: [Google]
WoW_Box_Art1.jpg
191 KB, 300x430
>So what can we do to capture that nostalgia of when WoW first launched? Over the years we have talked about a “pristine realm”. In essence that would turn off all leveling acceleration including character transfers, heirloom gear, character boosts, Recruit-A-Friend bonuses, WoW Token, and access to cross realm zones, as well as group finder.
Here, your legacy servers, faggots!
Blizzard really hates you
>>
>pristine servers
>literally just modern WoW without the basic amenities that make modern WoW bearable
They're literally so fucking out of touch with their playerbase it's almost frightening.
>>
I'm surprised they commented at all. Also, the main people who operated Nostalrius are going to get hired by Blizzard.
>>
>>335564874

why not hire them and get them to run a classic server

thats why a ton of pc games got even more successful and popular

the only reason i can think of that they cant is because they dont want retards who never played classic crying about the warts
>>
>>335564604
this
>>
>>335564495
Hitting level 70 is the new Vanilla experience. Bonus points if it is on a rogue.
>>
People dont seem to realize there is a LOT OF WORK implied to host vanilla servers in an official manner for blizzard. Its not an on and off switch like a lot of you like to imply. its not "dump the old code in a server and watch it work with no effort".

Blizzard has already researched player behavior in regards to hosting vanilla servers and realized it wont return the investment required and work needed to maintain it later. In other words, its a poor idea doomed to failure, it wont even break even or be sustainable.

Hosting vanilla servers on the official systems implies a vast amount of work to setup and maintain. A separate client (maintaining two clients will be hell), absolutely new software and its own infrastructure. All for something already proven to not hold enough active interest over time by enough people to even cover the cost of doing the above, let alone maintaining it. Not to mention the opportunity cost implied as resources are put aside for it and not engaged elsewhere in things that do have returns and profits to keep going.(to use an old joke, imagine a few expansions worth of raids lost)

So yes, when blizz says "you think you do" they say that because random parrots can say whatever shit they want on the net, but the player populations behavior over a long period of time concerning this reveals otherwise. Nost is a big example itself, with the vast majority of registered accounts (a piddly sum compared to official servers) consisting of people who logged in, played for a while before losing interesting and left with a small active population remaining behind. All other private servers reveal the same activity over a period of time.That is not a sustainable model of behavior to follow up on in an official and expensive manner.
>>
>>335564495
better than nothing i guess
>>
>>335566782
>I know nothing about server maintenance but I will pretend that I do for the sake of my argument
>>
>>335566782
$0.05 has been deposited into your account
>>
>>335567037
That's not what he said anon. Please learn to read before confronting others.
>>
>>335564604
>surely it is not our game that is shit, right p-pls cumbakc
>>
>>335566782
I agree with this poster!
>>
>One other note - we’ve recently been in contact with some of the folks who operated Nostalrius. They obviously care deeply about the game, and we look forward to more conversations with them in the coming weeks.

The only encouraging thing in the post, hopefully blizz isn't just referring to sueing nost's pants off as conversations.
>>
>>335567037
He's mostly talking about oppertunity cost, they could probably make a bit of money, but they would make more money doing other things with their resources.
>>
File: 1239716598262.jpg (153 KB, 680x533) Image search: [Google]
1239716598262.jpg
153 KB, 680x533
>>335566782
Yeah really, I work on commercial software and the amount of ignorance from some of these guys is amazing.

There's also no guarantee it will stop at vanilla, either. People are going to demand BC and Wrath, too.
>>
>they would have to implement it into the battle.net client
>they would have to make it so your reports go through the battle.net site
>they have to add another game to your battle.net account that is linked to your retail wow subscription
>they need would need to reverse engineer their own game to rewrite vanilla (nost didnt do this, they used mangos open source code, so blizz shouldnt even hire nost devs)

etc etc etc
>>
>>335569034
>The only encouraging thing in the post

It's a smokescreen to assuage any worries about Blizzard attacking the Nost team which a lot of people respect.

They are going to court with the Nostalrius team and their server provider, that's more than a C&D like most other private servers, there is serious litigation going on. They aren't hiring anyone.
>>
>>335569124

>That one idiot who thinks server communication is some sort of cthonic black magic

If that's the case and it's sooooo hard to implement into games that didn't support current Bnet, do explain why D2 and WC3 are getting upgrades to it right now?
>>
What I think would be the coolest thing about a pristine realm is the sense of community that would come from it. For a lot of people this is what they miss the most. Removing cross realm and such would definitely bring back that server community vibe. I like the sort of "action" that comes from cross realm but I can absolutely see where some people may miss the more personal community feels you had when the only people wyou saw around were "Your people". There was even a kind of nemesis factor to the known opposing faction players and they could just pop up anywhere. Since it was so personal you would be PvP'ing in the world with them just trying to best them because you knew who they were. So theres definitely a lot of the old feels that a pristine server would capture.
>>
>>335569059

Opportunity cost only applies when you're talking about mutually exclusive options.
>>
>>335569113
>There's also no guarantee it will stop at vanilla, either. People are going to demand BC and Wrath, too.

Which is literally a good thing, because people wanting to play through vanilla, bc and wrath is like 4 years of content if they release progressively fast as fuck. Thats a lot of monthly subs

>>335569130
Maybe I'm just an optimist, but i feel like they wouldn't post specifically about talking to the nost team if they were going to push their lawsuit. It would make blizzard look even worse than they do now if they post about talking to these guys and then a few weeks later it comes out how hard they are fucking them in court.
>>
>>335569209
You know more about it than I do anon, can you explain why it WOULD work? And no, you can't use money as an excuse.
>>
>>335569257
It is mutually exclusive. They have a pool of resources and decide what to do with them. Unless you expect them to be philanthropic, in which case let me laugh at you.
>>
>>335569124
>they would have to implement it into the battle.net client
They didn't do it even for retail wow(they work separately from each other) but will need to do for the vanilla wow...
>>
>>335569248
>What I think would be the coolest thing about a pristine realm is the sense of community that would come from it.

Oh yeah man, forcing modern WoW community to try and be close, that's going to end well.
>>
File: Untitled.png (39 KB, 1004x376) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
39 KB, 1004x376
Redditors are fucking hilarious.
>>
>>335569303
>It is mutually exclusive

Only if you can prove that their resources are limited enough where only one option is available to them you can't.
>>
>>335569271
>Which is literally a good thing

No it isn't, because it just means they will have to maintain another pair of client/server versions.

You can say you don't care how difficult or costly it is, but Blizzard do.
>>
File: Untitled.png (28 KB, 983x251) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
28 KB, 983x251
>>335569338
>>
>>335569358
>they could do this fringe thing with their resouces instead of other things

That's all you need to know, they COULD dip into other pools, but why when it's low return. They already do a lot of good will low returns stuff.
>>
>>335569334
That's why legacy would work better, because the lack of instant gratification would deter most of the people who actually enjoy modern wow, and leave us with players who liked classic and asked for it.
>>
>>335569338

I assume this is r/wow?

That place has a reputation for being an even biggest drone hive than the official forums.
>>
>>335569271
They could re-release Vanilla, BC, Wrath, etc each time they have a huge content drought like they are right now.
>>
>>335569435
It's actually /r/games, the "serious" gaming forum.
>>
>>335569362
The actual cost of hosting the server is minuscule to a company like blizzard. The hard part of this whole ordeal is getting the servers running, once they are theres no reason not to leave them up as long as they are profitable and work on legacy servers for the next expac.

im probably just being selfish because i would literally murder a guy if it would let me relive the wrath zombie invasion launch event
>>
>>335569421
>they COULD dip into other pools, but why when it's low return

Which is a different situation, where opportunity cost does not apply.

I just wanted to clear that up.
>>
>>335566782
>wont return the investment required and work needed to maintain it later.

if diablo fucking 3 which is a non sub game can stay on a server for for 4 years hosting the 500 people that still play it they can easily host some servers for classic wow and even charge for it.
>>
>>335564495
>So what can we do to capture that nostalgia of when WoW first launched?
Get a lobotomy.
>>
>>335569528
>The actual cost of hosting the server is minuscule to a company like blizzard

You don't know anything about the costs or the expertise required to do something like this. Ignorance is not a point of view.
>>
>>335566939

Actually no, it's worse than nothing. Modern WoW is designed around those things, take them out and you just have modern absolute garbage WoW made slower and more inconvenient while not giving back many of the core things people wanted.

No, no one was asking to play modern PvP and modern class design but masquerading it as classic style.
>>
File: 6iF5xh3.gif (535 KB, 640x636) Image search: [Google]
6iF5xh3.gif
535 KB, 640x636
>you wanted legacy servers and WE LISTENED!
>now you can be afk in your gar..class hall without levelling gear!
>>
>We wanted to let you know that we’ve been closely following the Nostalrius discussion and we appreciate your constructive thoughts and suggestions.
You can really feel the amount of annoyance by the end of that post, and I'm sure the person who wrote it rolled his eyes at the "constructive thoughts and suggestions" part, considering none of the thoughts and suggestions haven't been constructive whatsoever.

Still, hopefully this will make everyone shut the fuck up about this retarded subject, but I doubt it.
>>
Just take your business elsewhere.

Rebirth and Kronos are options, I'd weigh more towards Kronos since it it hosted in Russia, so there's far less likely to be a Blizzard takedown. It's latency actually isn't bad at all from America either.
>>
>>335564495
I'm pretty happy with this, i know nostcucks will claim it's gonna be WoD without the QoLs(never minding the fact that many things that made WoD shit are already nerfed or removed in Legion) but it's obvious that it's not gonna be just that but also other fixes, otherwise they wouldn't talk with the NOST devs for guidance. People that want a perfect emulation of 2006 wow are irrelevant and are justly being btfo'ed.
>>
File: 1407641598729.jpg (25 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
1407641598729.jpg
25 KB, 400x386
>>335569686
>>
>>335569338
>>335569396
I like how you posted these as a 'look at these retards' kind of thing but those posts are more sensible than anything posted in the last Nostalrius thread.
>>
>>335569602
Sure, but we can have an idea. Hosting Nost cost 3k a month. If we assume blizzard quality hosting and supprot would cost fifty times as much, thats still fucking peanuts.

I can understand setting the servers up costing a shit ton, but as far as upkeep the servers would easily pay for itself.
>>
>>335569701
I love that they keep saying this shit about caring about feedback and suggestions.

In case you have've been following DK development in Legion.

They changed Blood Strike from a Rune cost to a Runic Power cost. It's absolutely AWFUL, it fucks with the reliability of your mitigation, slows down your opening pull mitigation, and takes too long to between Blood Strikes to get the required resource, and just generally just feels shitty in gameplay. Blood DKs have been giving a tidal wave of negative feedback on the matter, and here was their response:

>Death Strike is not moving back to costing Runes. Please advance the discussion to other topics.
>>
corecraft when?
>>
>>335569772

First guy is alright, but the second one is a fucking retard. He's literally complaining about people complaining.
>>
>>335569735
>many of the things that made wod shit are already nerfed or removed in legion

have you followed legion even a tiny bit? its literally shaping up to be WoD 2.0, down to garrisons and ability pruning.
>>
>>335569807
tomorrow noon gmt+1
>>
>>335569807

I feel like I've been hearing this question for a long time.
>>
File: 1440533631153.png (236 KB, 540x302) Image search: [Google]
1440533631153.png
236 KB, 540x302
>>335564495
>Blizzard makes a statement about making a pristine realm
>All the things people have been wanting are there; No fast leveling, no "p2w" (Even though buying a character boost really isn't but whatever.), no interruptions from other realms, no LFG
>/v/'s demonstrating right now how they really don't give a shit about that despite it being the major complaints around here about modern WoW, and just want to appeal to their nostalgia
Blizzard really is right about that "You think you want it, but you don't." statement.
>>
>>335569807
Soon™
>>
>>335569530
Okay, if you want to be technical yes. But for layman conversation it's a perfectly fine use of the term.
>>
>>335569396
>>335569338
Both of those are valid.

Everyone complains about it but you know what, nowadays literally anyone can make a game even an 'M'MO, just make a WoW clone that clones the gameplay but not the lore and revel in your shit ass nostalgia mechanics.

Just get Atavism Online Engine and make your own shit you fucking children.
>>
>>335569209
DELETE THIS FUCKING POST
>>
>>335569872
>All the things people have been wanting are there

They reverted all PvP, class, dungeon, talent, zone design and quest design back to 2006 on the Pristine realms as well?
>>
>>335569830
class halls are not garrisons 2.0, you should follow the latest alpha news. The gated stuff is irrelevant for progression and can be skipped. You're right about the ability pruning tho', but hopefully we can get old talents and abilities back.
>>
>>335569782
>Sure, but we can have an idea. Hosting Nost cost 3k a month. If we assume blizzard quality hosting and supprot would cost fifty times as much, thats still fucking peanuts.

You act as if it is a simple case of checking out the client/server code from 2006 and booting it up.

It's not going to be that way. I can guarantee that some things about the Vanilla environment are entirely lost, now.

It's not just server hosting but employing experts. The cost of having separate teams of developers to maintain different client/server versions will be a lot. You'll also need experts who are familiar with running the server.
>>
>>335569209
Shut up retard
They did it for the diablo 2 in last update, but wow infrastructure is too hard and they don't have code anymore, so stop bothering them, please
>>
>>335569872

$0.05 has been put into holding on your account. Please contact Human Resources to update your payment information before your funds will be released.
>>
>>335569807
Imagine the salt when you're like midway in your level 40's and Blizz shuts it down
>>
>>335569872
Not really. Those are things we want, but there's still a whole lot that is left out in what blizz is describing pristine realms will be.
For example, pruned abilities, new abilities, class tweaks, DKs and Monks, talent trees, BC/WotLK/Cata/MoP/WoD content as well as changes made to classic zones, quests and dungeons in Cata and beyond. That's all I can think of, but there's more than that even.
>>
>>335570015

>Shutting down a Russian server

Good one, they can't even get cp hosts down.
>>
>>335569920
So basically you want the game to be a broken mess again with no semblance of balance whatsoever.

>>335569996
xD
>>
File: 1461587133685.png (335 KB, 486x419) Image search: [Google]
1461587133685.png
335 KB, 486x419
>>335569872
>Blizzard really is right about that "You think you want it, but you don't." statement.

The subtext of that is "You think you want it, but you don't understand the full implications."
>>
>>335569896
He's being anal for the sake of shitposting, ignore him.
>>
>>335569872
>make pristine realm
>dungeons are still designed around LFG retard groups, so enjoy your AOE pulls and hallway dungeons
>flying still cancerous and making the world scenery instead of something you play in
>down from FOUR raid modes to THREE (holy shit big improvement)
>classes still pruned down to less abilities than they had 10 years ago
>every class still brings the same shit to a raid in a different wrapper

no thanks
>>
>>335569124

WOW! IT'S ALMOST LIKE THEY ARE GETTING PAID TO DO WORK! I THOUGHT THEY WERE JUST PAYING THEM TO SIT THERE AND DO NOTHING.
>>
>>335564495
Really hyped about this, if they do it right it will be the best of both worlds between vanilla and modern wow. I wasn't going to get Legion out of spite because they refused to acknowledge us, but if the pristine servers will be done right i'm gonna preorder that shit and resub for a year. I would never pay for a 2006 emulation for more than a month, nost was good as it was because it was free.
>>
>>335570053
That "broken mess" went from 0 to 9 million subscribers.
>>
>>335564495
Pristine realms could work, but they'd have to do so much more than just turn off all the QoL features. They'd have to restructure core parts of the game (mobs, quests, raids, maybe PvP) to actually make it into an enjoyable experience. IE, basically make the game good again.
>>
>>335566782
groups of 5-10 are doing it amateur devs community gms
>>
>>335570053
Yes, that was enjoyable.
>>
>>335570158
They'd also need to convince the playerbase to start over on those realms.
>>
File: Blizzard2016.jpg (480 KB, 950x1432) Image search: [Google]
Blizzard2016.jpg
480 KB, 950x1432
>>
>>335570084
>less abilities than 10 years ago

m8, you literally took like 4 classes to raid for ONE spell, and some guilds would kick you for using other spells because there's a chance you won't have mana for the spell they actually want you there for.
>>
guys
guys
you can bring back vanilla code
but you cannot bring back vanilla people
>>
>>335569990
>i don't know what source control is
They very likely have the old code even if they use shit ass svn (I think they use perforce tho). They will however have to setup build servers and dev environments they will need a team to do the following:

>Balance (Hur people will want pvp balanced)
>Bug Fix (There are bugs fixed in newer versions of wow that haven't been backported)
>Add Content (If you think people will be happy with running ZG, MC, AQ20\40, onyxias lair, naxx every week for 100s of weeks then you are stupid as fuck)
>>
IT'S SATIRE ON BLIZZARD'S PET

THE GAME CAN BE PLAYED AVOIDING ALL THOSE THINGS, BLIZZARD WOULDN'T EVEN HAVE TO REMOVE THEM.
>>
>>335566782
>Blizzard has already researched player behavior
No they fucking haven't. They don't have the first clue what a Skinner box is, otherwise they wouldn't have butchered the game in the way they have. Protip, large companies whose current staff aren't the original staff don't have the first fucking clue.
>>
>>335570212
>if it's not used for raiding it may as well not exist

People like you are how I got PvP rank on nostalrius.
>>
>>335570212
Yup, the rotations were shit. The classes still had more identity because what they brought to the raid was unique.

>>335570227
Nost conclusively proved that the issue with the community in retail wow is a game design problem, not a people problem.
>>
File: ytydbyd.jpg (84 KB, 631x623) Image search: [Google]
ytydbyd.jpg
84 KB, 631x623
>We are listening.
>J. Allen Brack
>making a youthinkyoudo guy out of everyone else to make a post about the legacy outcry

AHAHAHAHAHAHA THEY ARE LITERALLY SHITTING IN YOUR FACES AHAHAHAA
>>
LFG AQ40
>>
>>335570280
>pugging AQ40

what nightmare did you spawn from
>>
>>335570227
>vanilla people here
>>
>>335570227
WoD brought back practically all their previous player base that they lost. Only to lose them again faster than ever, but still, nostalgia is a strong fucking thing.
>>
File: WoW.png (23 KB, 1174x383) Image search: [Google]
WoW.png
23 KB, 1174x383
>>
>>335569790
Guess they got sick of Blood DK being too fun or something.

On the bright side Frost is actually fun for once.
>>
i bet some of you were still ike what 10 or 8 years old back then and never even played the game fucking brats
>>
>>335570227
At this point I think you're right. Vanilla WoW people have gotten fucked by Blizz time and time again at this point that aside from nost players I doubt legacy servers would get a massive turnout
I still want them though
>>
>>335564495
They're never going to do Legacy servers because they're genuinely afraid that their entire subscriber-base will flock to them and never buy another expansion. And expansions are worth a ton of money.

Especially since people will eventually get tired of and complete the vanilla content, and then Blizzard won't have ANY good moves to make - adding anything would piss everyone off, and not adding anything would cause everyone to get bored and leave.
>>
File: shills.png (175 KB, 772x950) Image search: [Google]
shills.png
175 KB, 772x950
>>335570327
because WoD marketing was all like
>it will be like vanilla
>guys please come back hard 5 mans open world pvp
>balanced pvp
>good raids
>PLEASE COMEBACK
>>
>>335570390
Your mum played with my dick you goddamned piss-baby
>>
>>335566782

I don't even play WoW, and this guy owned everyone in this thread

Seriously,
>>335567037
>>335568826
>>335569562
>>335570173
>>335570258
all OWNED.
>>
>>335570448
>expansions are worth a ton of money
Not really. Nowhere near worth what subscriptions are worth.
>>
>>335570203
I wish Blizzard had this mentality. But they keep catering to the retarded players.

See: LFR and exp boosts.
>>
>>335570468
way to show your age boy
>>
File: QAKFpPF[1].gif (967 KB, 490x367) Image search: [Google]
QAKFpPF[1].gif
967 KB, 490x367
>>335570448
>they're genuinely afraid that their entire subscriber-base will flock to them and never buy another expansion.
>>
File: 1457965543019.png (17 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
1457965543019.png
17 KB, 321x322
>>335570475
RAAAAABBBIT
>>
>>335570467
What is that image for, ants?
>>
File: 1308942736048.png (71 KB, 238x236) Image search: [Google]
1308942736048.png
71 KB, 238x236
>>335564495
>turned off the QoL adjustments
>didn't made the server worked like the earlier expansions instead on top of the QoL adjustments
>>
>>335569303
Blizzard wastes resources all the fucking time.
>>
>>335570475
lol WREKT sickburn/10 retweeted

PS - what anime is that from???
>>
>>335570203
Holy shit, do Simpsons have a quote for any life situation there can be?
>>
>>335570475
cringy faggot
>>
File: trusting blizzshills.jpg (183 KB, 1376x745) Image search: [Google]
trusting blizzshills.jpg
183 KB, 1376x745
>>335570530
no wrong image
>>
File: 1461196757954.jpg (56 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1461196757954.jpg
56 KB, 600x600
>>335570349

So what you're saying is that we should combine Vanille, Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King all into one.

I mean, they all resulted in increased subscribers.

Oh but wait, that's pretty much what we ALREADY have minus a few features.

Another "good ol' days" grandpa who can't accept being wrong.
>>
>/v/ thinks that classes in Vanilla were actually complicated
Literal children.
Vanilla in general had many illusions.
The illusions of choice.
The illusions of difficulty.
The illusions of being complicated.
>B-BUT OLD TALENT TREES WERE SO MUCH BETTER
Gotta love +1% of Stamina or having to pick useless abilities you didn't even want to get to a certain ability you did want, basically wasting talent points.
>B-BUT VANILLA RAIDS WERE HARD
Having your entire raid stand around doing nothing in fear of getting aggro from the tank sure is difficult.
>CLASSES BEFORE WERE SO COMPLICATED
You had a fuck ton of bloated abilities, and some were basically useless.
>>
>>335564495
>move that has the potential to fix modern wow if done right
>we could get new expansions and content without the fear of the expansion dumbing down everything by staying in the pristine server
>no, we want to run vanilla content FOREVER
nostcucks are truly retarded. Blizzard did the best move it could make catering to both the player bases, if done right pristine servers will MAKE WOW GREAT AGAIN. If it's just Draenor plus grind they can eat shit.
>>
>>335570448
Yes, because people would rather raid the same shit they've been doing for years than try out whatever new garbage blizzard shits out.

I loved MC, but fuck doing that place for the millionth god damn time to gear up freshly level'd 60's to keep my guild going because people would constantly get bored of no new content and quit. Thus getting stuck in a constant cycle of finding fresh players, gearing them, then having to find more.
>>
>>335570271
This just made me appreciate blizzard
>>
haha nerds still playing wow 2016
>>
How did you people read a sincere blue post about it (they didn't need to respond at all) and get all that negativity?

Cheer fucking up.

Essentially what he talked about is the same experience people are getting from these nostalgia trips. Turn off everything that's convenient, including flying, group finder and heirlooms. All they need to do is up the health of the mobs and it's the the same experience without the glaring problems of vanilla.
>>
>>335566782
>Blizzard has already researched player behavior in regards to hosting vanilla servers and realized it wont return the investment required and work needed to maintain it later. In other words, its a poor idea doomed to failure, it wont even break even or be sustainable.

Blizzard has never revealed any information that would support that claim, other than the infamous "YOU THINK YOU WANT IT" fiasco.

>All for something already proven to not hold enough active interest over time by enough people to even cover the cost of doing the above, let alone maintaining it.

How was that proven? Nostalrius' massive success proves otherwise, in addition to all the drawbacks players suffered through because it was an unofficial server.

As for the whole economic aspect, the true answer as to why they don't want Vanilla servers ties in with the change let their players pay for game time with gold, which is an extremely risky manoeuvre. Obviously they must have calculated that they're making more money through mounts and other bullshit available through game shops, which are an eyesore and would feel out of place in Vanilla.

Perhaps they'd let legacy servers pass if they could find a way to introduce the shop to the game or keep legacy time only purchasable with real life currency. There's a definite interest in legacy servers and they would be profitable, it's just Blizz has better cash cows to milk at the moment.
>>
>>335570268
Yeah hunters sure were more fun and interesting when their rading contribution was tranq shot.

>>335570261
>vanilla pvp
>most classes

I came here to laugh at you.
>>
>>335570271
well its him who made that catchy meme why wouldnt he respond
>>
>>335570595
all i did was post an image
>>
>>335570678
All Blizz had to do was not to fucking touch Nost. Their playerbase stayed, and the others had Nost.
>>
>>335570640

lol

>Gotta love +1% of Stamina or having to pick useless abilities you didn't even want to get to a certain ability you did want, basically wasting talent points.

yeah better to wait 15 levels before you can upgrade your character again :^)

>You had a fuck ton of bloated abilities, and some were basically useless.

Most of them were situational, depending on what you were fighting.
>>
>>335570710
>literally copy+pasting your post

Nice shill behavior buddy
>>
>>335564495
I'm happy with this, the only things i liked more in vanilla and nost were the community and the difficulty, and removing cross realms and dungeon finder can get the community back. Leveling can easily be fixed by removing heirlooms boosts etc. and just making the exp and gear as they were back then(no gear scaling). Modern wow with people playing everywhere is gonna be beautiful.
>>
File: 1418733017515.jpg (6 KB, 250x210) Image search: [Google]
1418733017515.jpg
6 KB, 250x210
>>335570640
>Gotta love +1% of Stamina or having to pick useless abilities you didn't even want to get to a certain ability you did want, basically wasting talent points.
>this meme again
>>
>>335570774
Except they clearly stated they had to protect their IP and couldn't just leave it alone. And didn't harbor any ill will toward Nost.
>>
>>335570774
Just play on Kronos, it's located in russia so they won't take it down, it has better scripting than Nost and the same population. Good luck with leveling tho', it doens't have the fast mob spawn that Nost had so questing is impossible even at 2am.
>>
File: be6.jpg (13 KB, 224x216) Image search: [Google]
be6.jpg
13 KB, 224x216
>>335570710

>same experience people are getting from these nostalgia trips.

>nostalgia trips

>same experience

Are you shitting me right now
>>
so much butthurt from wow fanboys we're gettiing heard and they dont like it but continue to try and convince people they dont like vannila

what was that quote

youthinkyoudobutyoudont

and guess what 200k know they do
>>
>>335570815
>vanilla people will suddenly play modern wow
yea sure mate have fun with the neo blizzard community.
>>
>>335570848
Are we playing the same game?

You are aware we are talking about vanilla wow right?
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (57 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
57 KB, 1920x1080
>>335570349
tfw

>start in 2006
>stopped hardcore raiding at end of BC
>stopped raiding midway through wotlk
>logged into cata twice for a few minutes
>you saw the rise of wow and left it at it's peak
>>
>>335570710
See >>335570036 and >>335570084
The "glaring problems", assuming you're not talking about bugs, are what made vanilla fun and challenging. If you ARE talking about bugs, I would tough it out if Blizzard didn't bother to try and patch them.
>>
>>335570715
which class wasn't viable in world pvp?
>>
>>335564495
What a cop-out answer.

>to capture that nostalgia

It's not fucking nostalgia, it's missing a better game. Holy shit Blizzard.
>>
>>335570203

to be fair, a vast majority of blizzard game players are idiots who only play blizzard games just because they are blizzard games, even though the quality of blizzard games has been in a steady decline since WoW: TBC and when Activision ate Blizzard.

So think of it like this. You know how there are people who like shitty pop music just because it's popular and it's what the TV told them to like? That's modern blizzard. Blizzard knows how to cater to and get money out of these individuals. They don't care about the the smaller, harder to impress demographic that actually wants quality in their games.

Quality is expensive and does not have greater returns. Why would blizzard care?
>>
>>335570936
so edgy i bet u get all the chicks
>>
>>335570921
the neo wow will stay on legion servers. Besides millenials were in nost too, every general chat was basically rapefugees, trump and religion of peace shitposting.
>>
>>335569990
>too hard
Nope, they have the roads all maped out, it'd be like dropping down an entire town in a week

>They dont have da code plz stop bothering them
Freudian slip detected

We all know you are a shill, if they truly lost their code then thats game over for them legally since they'd admit to fucking abandoning their game
>>
>>335564495
>>335564604

Just stop. You guys don't really want classic servers.

You REALLY want private servers to "stick it to the man" (i.e. Blizzard).
>>
>>335566782
>Play retail
>Made a Nost account
>Logged on, made a Tauren, ran around remembering and reminiscing
>Made the journey across The Barrens like I did all those years ago
>Got to see old Orgrimmar again
>Over a few hours it had dawned on me just how slow and tedious a lot of it was and had been
>Too used to the pace of modern WoW
>Combat felt too slow and clunky compared to what it is now
>Commended people for being able to play it till endgame and actually raid, but admitted it wasn't for me
>Never logged into it again after a day
>Just want all of this shit to stop because everyone's so fucking annoying and adamant about it that it's tiring
>>
>>335570774
>i don't know shit about ip law but i'm going to spout shit anyway

You have to defend your rights if infringed otherwise it can be viewed that it is actually theirs.

Blame your shit ass laws.
>>
>>335571045
that ass tho
>>
>>335569872
The core game design has changed for the worse. This is a start, but it's nowhere near a finish.

In modern WoW, you raid or you do PvP and that's literally all the game is. That's the problem.
>>
>>335564495
This is not even what i wanted, but at least all the blizzcucks who thought they were gonna wipe their asses with the petition got BTFO so hard. People underestimate the damage of getting smeared in the social medias in this day and age, twitter is literally a videogamedev worst nightmare.
>>
>>335571003
yeah feeling good about quitting a game is so edgy mate
>>
>>335570268
Nost proved that fully doc'ed and guided Vanilla is piss easy and doesn't provide any challenge like it did back then
Vanilla without all that novelty it had, mistery and illusions about game's future is fucking worthless

You will never force or persuade Blizz into changing WoW or making legacy servers simply because you are a minority and general playerbase will be extremely pissed with all "muh vanilla" features
Legacy servers are pathetic in terms of pop and barely make up for portugal. Plus, vanilla players won't buy any expacks. Making legacy doensn't bring any decent revenue and what's most important MAKES BLIZZARD LOOK BAD. Because if they launch legacy they admit they are shit at game design.
>>
>>335571119
Except they did wipe their ass with it. They literally did nothing except say "we are listening!" Which they say virtually every time there is any controversy.
>>
>>335570965
>It's not fucking nostalgia.
Except it totally and completely is.
>800k registered accounts
>Only like 100k were still playing
People made an account to relive a bit of nostalgia and see things they haven't seen in years and then quit.
It's not fucking rocket science.
>>
>>335571240
It was the first time I actually enjoyed the game in over half a decade, it sure as hell wasn't nostalgia for me. Modern WoW is an abortion from the ground up, it's not a good game anymore and band aids won't fix that because the current game is victim to a series of poor design choices that has been going since wrath.
>>
>>335571194
>he still thinks the "difficulty" people miss in vanilla was the bleeding edge of raiding

why even bother talking

>legacy servers are pathetic in terms of pop
amazing you can say that considering they've never been tried on WoW. Runescape opened up an Oldschool server and its got more players than their live version.
>>
>>335571045
>>335571071
>you think you want it but you don't
Thanks, but your point has already been made by blizzard themselves
>>
>>335571348
Good for you, you were the minority. I'm sure you feel like a huge special snowflake.
>>
>>335571240
so those 100k people shouldn't have a game to go to? It's not the biggest number but it's large enough to prove that a significant amount of people have interest in legacy servers.

Keep in mind that near the end of it's lifespan nost averaged around 12k-15k players online at any given time, this would put it within the top 30 games on steam in terms of concurrent players.
>>
>>335571194
>Blizzdrone shotgunning different half ass reasons

People who normally don't want to play the game would get in that

People who want to take a wack at it(like how many on nost did)

>it costs too much money
No
>It would hurt blizzard's rep
They are doing it themselves, hell they even mentioned "pristine servers" so they are not completely cold hearted on change

>waah I dont want vanilla players to exist

Sorry buttercup but it looks like we are winning
>>
>>335570965
>better game
>you actually believe this
Jesus christ. Actually think about vanilla's gameplay and design. The game was broken beyond belief. The simple fact retail actually works and every spec is playable puts it above vanilla.
>>
>>335564604
But that is what people complain about lol.

Friggin nostalrious kids. Feeling entitled to a product you didn't pay for lol
>>
>>335571240
thats one server
lets go grab fenix, corecraft and kronos and any others we can find and mash it together
>>
>>335571227
making pristine servers is not doing nothing, they won't magically appear out of thin air, money will be spent.
>>
>>335571480
Fuck you man I want to Fear people across BG's eternally again.
>>
>>335566782
Basically this. And the Nostalrious playerbase would banish as soon as you put a pricetag, no matter how small, on it
>>
>>335571495
see
>>335570084
>>
File: 1380593592358.jpg (24 KB, 342x298) Image search: [Google]
1380593592358.jpg
24 KB, 342x298
>vanilla was more fun

Yes because you are a man-child who never grew up and are obsessed with the time period in your life where you sat around as a teenager doing nothing but play wow, a time before you became the worthless waste of space you are today.

Vanilla was completely unbalanced and is objectively worse overall. They need to devote resources to making the current game better, not towards appeasing autists that will never be happy.
>>
>>335571480
Retail is a shitty single player game which only offers you a couple of hours of gameplay a week. Vanilla has less polish, and it is over a decade old, but it sure as hell is more fun and has a truckload more content and things to do.
>>
I played on nost for a while, got to 60. Now I came back to modern WoW and I must say the biggest thing that vanilla had over modern wow is how you were forced to communicate to succeed.

I feel like deleting cross realm bullshit would be the first step to fixing modern wow
>>
>>335571495
>We want vanilla wow
>what if we took the retarded shit out of modern wow
>well it'd make it better, but not really what we just asked for

I'm not saying its a bad step to take to improve on modern wow but I'd still want my vanilla server damn it
>>
>>335571591
>he thinks the current game is able to be saved

i wish i was still as naive as you
>>
>>335571514
Congrats, you'd have an extra 50k players.
>>
>>335571591
>Vanilla isn't fun because Ad homenium don't you know

bait
>>
>>335571591
Chess is an objectively more balanced and well-designed game than world of warcraft is, why aren't you playing that?
>>
Cross realm, mount buying, dungeon/raid finder, pet battles.

These are where wow went wrong.
>>
>>335564495
>Wana turn off level acceleration
>Mentions all the extre shit they put in to game
>DONT event mention the actual acceleration by eithe increasing exp gained or your exp needed per level every expansion.
>Dont mention how piss easy the current dungeons.
>>
>>335569978
or they could just pay the original Nost team of 10 people a regular wage to script, maintain and update the server.
additionally, nost outright said server costs were around 1k / month.
>>
>>335571741
>mount buying
>pet battles

How do these affect the core design of the game at all?
>>
File: 1440473895074.png (24 KB, 115x98) Image search: [Google]
1440473895074.png
24 KB, 115x98
Could you imagine, going up 99 levels with Vanilla WoW's exp gain and progression?
Have fun taking an entire year to get to endgame.
>>
>>335571541
Except they were only tossing around the idea and seeing if the community would respond to it. And all it does is make retail tedious again by forcing it on everyone instead of just choosing if you want to level up faster or not.
>>
File: turtlemen.jpg (96 KB, 960x868) Image search: [Google]
turtlemen.jpg
96 KB, 960x868
>>335564495
>o what can we do to capture that nostalgia of when WoW first launched?

That's the thing about nostalgia, you won't ever feel that feeling again and that's why it is considered nostalgic.
>>
>>335571761
Or they could make the Nost team pay 2k a month for the rights, forcing them to add paid suscriptions to the game.

And pirate fags wouldn't pay so the thing would be dead within three months. No shitstorm and Blizzard wins again.
>>
>>335571741
>pet battles
Doesnt effect the rest of the game even a tiny bit. I'd prefer that they dont waste resources on it, but I dont give a shit if its in or not.

The rest is awful and needs to be axed though.

>>335571814
>forcing it on everyone
Are people going to be forced to play on the pristine realms you literal retard?
>>
>>335571608
This
Modern wow has become like a single player game with LFR and Dungeon finder allowing you to hook up with 4-20 players and abandon them as soon as the Dungeon/Raid is complete. I enjoyed WoW when you had to interact with other people to progress, that was how massive guilds of active players grew.
>>
>>335571480
Yeah and they all play the fucking same. Vanilla was broken mess, but it was broken mess witch character and soul. Current wow is a better game from pure mechanical point of view, but in doing so blizzard managed to lose all the charm it had initially.
>>
>>335571814
you can have that, just play on Legion servers. And tossing around the idea doesn't mean they won't make them in the end.
>>
>>335571847
>he thinks 200 people wouldnt past for nost

are you retarded? do you have brain damage?
>>
>>335571662
I refuse to believe that every other server in a existence combined has 50k players

Nost alone had 150,000 active every day
This isn't counting in people who literally admitted to not playing on nost due to the fact that at any point it could fucking disappear in a second

The problem is with every "Criticism" of vanilla wow I've seen on here implies the critic has all the answers

We haven't seen the numbers of what it costs, but rather "that it'd be hard" which is either code word for they fuckng deleted their code or their lazy due to the fact that many amateurs managed to do it
>>
>>335571805
XP gain (and the overall combat) is in general a lot faster in modern wow. It would take around same time to reach cap in both vanilla and modern even without boosts.
>>
File: 1275496243459.jpg (7 KB, 203x222) Image search: [Google]
1275496243459.jpg
7 KB, 203x222
>>335564495

Anyone else actually enjoys the fact that calling such a realm "pristine" implies that all their improvements and additions to the game since classic are "dirty"?
Might even say, 'corrupt'?
>>
>>335571741
>mount buying
What do you mean? I remember pruning my spending from 30-40 just to afford my mount at 43, buying a mount was that expensive.
>>
>>335571847
They pay for servers which are not free yet its some how been operational for 5 fucking years
>>
>>335571961
>>XP gain (and the overall combat) is in general a lot faster in modern wow.
>This is how fucking delusional people are
>>
>>335571945
I can only speak from experience about feenix but it's pretty dead and has been for a long time. The unusual thing about nost was its high population, there aren't too many people playing on other servers. 50k may be a bit low of a figure but nost made up the majority of people who played WoW private servers.
>>
>>335571897
200 people wouldn't pay for a dead server where they are the only ones paying and playing.

85% of the playerbase wouldn't pay and this kills the MMO
>>
>>335571878
You are aware "pristine" servers will still be legion right? Just with a clean slate for everyone who plays on it.
>>
>>335572013

he means with cash, not gold
>>
>>335570251
>Add Content
I mean they wont have to do this for a while though, it will probably take at least a year if not longer for naxx to be on farm and people to be bored. thats an entire year for them to come up with literally anything.
>>
>>335572062
Ah. Yeah, fair enough. Grinding rep and gold is good.
>>
>>335571775
Oh I forgot this was a Blizzard shill thread.

>Mount Buying
How is this not a bad thing? If mounts are something to be proud of given the way they have become tied to in-game effort and achievement, what does it say when you can just open your wallet and skip the line for the most visually impressive mounts in the game? It also opened the door for things such as buying a level x character.

>Pet Battles
A poorly conceived, poorly supported, and overly intrusive mechanic. Something that is bad and unnecessary serves to make the game worse. I'm sure you're angling toward the "but it doesn't take away from anything" meme, but it doesn't contribute to anything either.
>>
>>335572005
How about you actually read what "pristine" servers even are in the first place.
>>
>>335569124
>they need would need to reverse engineer their own game to rewrite vanilla (nost didnt do this, they used mangos open source code, so blizz shouldnt even hire nost devs)

Or they just create a branch from an older version, assuming they have version control. Which they should.

Maintaining separate versions will be a pain, though.
>>
>>335564604

>without the basic amenities that make modern WoW bearable

You mean the ones that remove the community like Cross-realm shit? No thanks m8

That said, these systems aren't the only thing that make modern wow bad so this pristine server shit is still a bad idea.
>>
>>335571761
>or they could just pay the original Nost team of 10 people a regular wage to script, maintain and update the server.

Why would they do that? They maintain it through a series of hacks.
Blizzard would want to maintain it with the same rigor as they do the current production game.
>>
>>335571591
>if I keep posting this in every thread, eventually it will be true
>>
>>335572056
If nost charged 15 bucks a month but was actually allowed to be streamed/youtubed, could have servers hosted in the US and was never under the threat of constant shutdown MORE people would play it, not less.

I can tell you never played on nost or talk to people who play nost because you think anyone cared that it was free.
>>
>>335569113
Not gonna lie, I'd play a WOTLK server
>>
>>335569113

M8 if a bunch of backwater nerds in the Czech republic can maintain a server it shouldn't be so hard for Blizzard either
>>
>>335572215
So would I
>>
>>335571961
Blizzard purposefully shortens the time spent on old content. With boosts gone that will take ages.
>>
>>335572241
Nope, you think you would but you wouldn't
>>
>>335572239
Sure, if blizzard were interested in running a hack of a server. They're not, though.
>>
>>335572119
I literally could not give less of a shit if the guy next to me is sitting on some dumb cash shop mount, all it does is tell me that he's a child who spends money on pointless bullshit.

And pet battles existing/not existing makes absolutely zero difference to me, it affects exactly nothing. It's pointless and redundant, it does nothing, so why is it a core problem with the game? How would removing something that may as well not exist as it is improve the game significantly?
>>
>>335570251

You are stupid as fuck, almost as badly as they are.

Nobody needs those things, as much we would like it for them to REBOOT the game - that is not whats being asked for here, but it is what you are talking about.

A Legacy server is the legacy game available, with all its issues and problems as it was then.
What you are talking about it taking a legacy server and making it "live" again.

Some bugfixes could be okay, but CONTENT? from a company that doesnt even bother to make content for the current form of the game?
thats delusional.
All they need to handle is
>integration into their current bnet 2.0 framework
>possibly several realm/patches and realm jumping (upwards only)
>>
>>335572239
m8 they could barely run it themselves, Nost crashed all the fucking time.
>>
>>335572035
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/patch-notes/2-3-0
>The amount of experience needed to gain a level has been decreased between levels 20 and 60. In addition, the amount of experience granted by quests has been increased between levels 30 and 60.

>Level 1-60 dungeon quests have had their experience and faction rewards increased.
>>
>>335570551

Yeah, the show literally used to be the greatest fucking thing of all time.
>>
Is there any doubt that one of the next expansions is going to be old content but for maximum level?
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/10053520/r
vote time niggers
>>
>>335572138
Not all QoL changes were bad
>>
>>335572130

What about it?

Its a shitty retail server with all their shitty choices disabled.
The implication I talk about still stands, if pristine is without those things - than those things are dirt.
>>
>>335572294

Except its not, these big servers hold well over the maximum amount of people compared to on Retail realms and work just fine in latency and in terms of bugs depending which one you go to.

So get fucked m8. Literally no reason for them not to do it, they just don't want to.
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/10053533

Well /v/?
>>
>>335572332
To say that the combat is faster though is a lie.
>>
>>335566782

This guy has most of it right.

The thing is, Nost's admins had a few advantages; They worked openly with existing communities to get the server to function cleanly, they didn't have to worry about integration with existing infrastructure, and they weren't charging money which meant they basically didn't have any kind of basic legal or business obligations. It's a bit of a hacked together mess, which is great if you're a group of guys doing it for the heart of it, but when you're a massive company, not so much.

Also, signing a petition is easier than forking over 15 bucks. Just because a lot of people said they'd pay, doesn't mean they actually would. At the end of the day, the entire endeavor would be costly, difficult, and time consuming.

The only thing blizzard really did wrong was shutting down Nost through legal means. It probably earned them jack dick in the way of subscriber numbers, cost them money in legal proceedings, and earned them a ton of bad press. Were they in their legal right to do it? Absolutely. I'm in my legal right to smack my dick with a hammer. Doesn't make it a good fucking idea.
>>
>>335572482
I'm not that anon, combat is about the same speed it's always been. Leveling is faster though.
>>
I can't really blame people for reacting this way, though.

They have this philosophy now that more people need to see the high-end content that they invest so much time and energy into.

But, every expansion all those raids become obsolete.

At this point all the obsolete content vastly outnumbers the current content.
If it was up to me, I would have had all expansions be levels 50-60, and you have a separate character level, equipment, and inventory for each expansion (including vanilla).

That way, people could continue to raid BC or Wrath raids if they want to.
>>
>>335572384
Yup. Stuff like moving mounts/pets to their own tab were good. Stuff like removing arrows was bad.

Agreeing on what QoL changes were good and which were bad is actually impossible. Just release vanilla as it was.
>>
>>335570786
>yeah better to wait 15 levels before you can upgrade your character again :^)
are you an actual retard? the boring stat increases you would've gotten from the talent points are embedded into the level gain. there's literally no difference.
>>
>>335572465
so far 86% yes, 14% Not interested

So far "vanilla fags are piratefags" getting blown the fuck out
>>
>>335572465

Depends entirely on what "legacy" means.
If they have classic+TBC+WTLK
With their different Tier stage patches on different servers, and I have the ability to jump to the next patch/realm in time, I'd pay the full price.

I wouldn't play anything less than that
>>
>>335572324

Not talking about Nost
>>
>>335572412
>Literally no reason for them not to do it

Other than aforementioned hack bullshit
>>
>>335572578
I made the Strawpoll

"Progression" being what Nost was planning/what you are mentioning
>>
File: 1461280576104.png (47 KB, 691x860) Image search: [Google]
1461280576104.png
47 KB, 691x860
BLACKED
>>
>>335572578
You mean a progression server that cycles vanilla up to lich king, or a seperate server for each expansion?
>>
>>335572624

Right, no valid argument then and ignoring the reponse. Go back to the US wow forum like the rest of the fanboys
>>
>>335572629
There's not a word mentioning "progression" in the strawpoll because I made it. Get your shit together anon.
>>
>>335572703
Have a cry. Nostalriusfags are all drama queens.
>>
>>335572638

Meh, people have moved on to other private servers already. It's Blizzards loss for not heeding what their customers have been wanting for years now
>>
>>335572538
What's worse is that now even current expansion raids are obsolete, what's the point of Highmaul now?

If it was up to me, WoW progress would be mostly horizontal and people would be doing new raids for the sake of exploration and having fun
>>
>>335564604

I can't wait till the goggles come off and people see vanilla for what it really is. People who played it back in the day don't have time for it anymore and the "new fags" think it was some golden age are in for a fucking suprize
>>
File: stupid shit.png (28 KB, 1050x365) Image search: [Google]
stupid shit.png
28 KB, 1050x365
>>335566782
I dunno homie. Even if it cost +20 million a year and a 10 million initial investment, I'd still argue it could be a positive investment.

Lemme know if I fucked something up, made this in 2 mins kek.
>>
File: 1449886084246.jpg (16 KB, 298x387) Image search: [Google]
1449886084246.jpg
16 KB, 298x387
>People keep saying no one wants to pay for vanilla but rather play for free
>straw poll goes up
>88% said they would pay for vanilla WoW
>>
>>335572765

Oh look it's the rose tinted goggles of nostalgia argument yet again.

Could you stop that bullshit already. If that were honestly the case there wouldn't be so many people still playing vanilla private servers, even now the Nost refugees have swarmed other servers and filled some to the brim to the point new realms have to be opened.

Clearly it's not just nostalgia. It was a genuine enjoyable experience, despite its raw edges.
>>
>>335572765
I'm sure it'll totally happen one day my man.

I guess a year playing on nost wasnt enough to open my eyes to the truth of how awful the game is, hopefully a few months a kronos will let me see the error of my ways
>>
>>335572847
no confirmation bias at all
>>
>>335572576
There isn't even a not interested option. There's a free option.

And no one should realistically expect official legacy servers for free. That's just brain dead retarded.
>>
>>335572847
>what is sample bias
>>
>>335572482
when I said combat is faster I meant that killing monsters is faster. This becomes a bigger deal when you hit some more of your abilities after level 20 or so. Killing multiple mobs at same time becomes easy. The quests have been streamlined for easier progress (cataclysm patch). The downtime between fights is lower as regen is higher for all classes. Movement speed between areas and quests is faster as you get mounts and movement abilities faster than before. Then there is the automated quest helper which makes doing quests faster and easier in general as well.
>>
>>335572765
>play vanilla on a private server
>Like it now
>want a more stable version

This isn't some idea off someone's fucking head

people already are playing it, they just want a legit version

its like instead of making home made drugs, going to the goverment an ask for a better, legal version
>>
>>335572936
Legacy servers should be included under the standard sub fee. Giving them a separate sub fee would only cannibalize their own market. To give an example,nobody who is subbed to Vanilla but no WoD would buy Legion, but if they're subbed to both, and active on both, then there is a much higher chance of them buying Legion.
>>
>>335572936
hes talking about this one
http://www.strawpoll.me/10053520/r
just linked the wrong post like a retard
>>
>>335564604
>frightening

you're talking about a video game you enormous homosexual, what the fuck is frightening about that
>>
>>335572754
I find it funny that you vanilla cucks keep trying to tout that you are relevant in the slightest. The 5m+ that left WoW wouldn't come back for vanilla.
>>
>>335572823
>7% is long term average returns from shares
Yeah. That'd be nice.

Numbers seem about right. It seems to indicate that Blizzard should run the server for all of 3 years before pulling the plug though.

Seems about right frankly.
>>
I have infinite love for Vanilla, but I'd rather just have new content in a game that doesn't have stupid lore and easy gearing methods. I get the feeling that a lot of people don't remember the bad things from Vanilla. The great things was the sense of community and the challenge it took to acquire something in that game. But the Class balance was straight up garbage and everyone bitched to no end back in Vanilla. The community basically brought on all these changes, and then turned around and said blizzard is to blame for these changes.

As a bitch as it was, getting a mount was such a monumental task as a player. Stuff like that just isn't there anymore, would be awesome if they brought some of that stuff back.
>>
>>335572936
There is two strawpolls

The other is a simple
Yes
No
Not interested
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.