[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chosen Undead , Bearer of the Curse , Ashen One who is the strongest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54
Chosen Undead , Bearer of the Curse , Ashen One
who is the strongest lore wise?
>>
>>335476092

Chosen Undead and Ashen One are probably on the same level.
>>
The Hunter
>>
File: 1402170155141.jpg (231 KB, 869x943) Image search: [Google]
1402170155141.jpg
231 KB, 869x943
>>335476092
Bearer of the Curse, seek... seek... less...
>>
None of them.
>>
>>335476092
Chosen

There are more and stronger souls the closer to the original flame than later on.
>>
The good hunter
>>
>>335476092
Chosen Undead.

He's a nobody that managed to beat all primordial creatures from the world ancient times. The man is a beast.
>>
we already know that the Ashen one is more powerful than the Chosen Undead due to soul of cinder.
>>
>>335476092
I'm gonna stick with chosen undead
he single handedly deals with beings that destroyed the dragons. You can't really get more powerful than that, even if their power has dimnished somewhat
>>
File: 1397429009994.png (218 KB, 630x634) Image search: [Google]
1397429009994.png
218 KB, 630x634
>>335476092

No one wants to say Bearer of the curse because Souls 2 is the black sheep of the series, but he probably is the strongest one simply for the fact that he got to cure his curse and he probably got to live on.

And he also bested the holders of the lord souls. Either way, i'd say Ashen One is the weakest and it's a toss up between Chosen Undead and Bearer of the curse.
>>
>>335476092

Reminder that the Chosen doesn't need anyone to use the souls himself and make himself stronger
>>
>>335477158

That doesn't mean much, if the soul of cinder was actually as powerful as all the previous lords you would get shrekt in .5 seconds. But he is just a manifestation of the remnants of memories and power of the previous lords.
>>
>>335476092
me
>>
x, y or z?

>B !! lol

that fucking kid.

As it stands, the ashen one. His weapon arts may be not so good ingame but they would mess a lot with CU and bearer. Also the AO is faster which decides the battles.
Chugs Estus faster, rolls and attacks faster.
>>
>>335476092
Did ds2 even matter? Like, is the throne of want in ds3 or anything? Is the ds2 guy in the plot at all?
>>
>>335477505
He's mentioned here and there. But apart from a little fan pandering they don't talk about it much.
>>
>>335477505

No, and neither did souls 1, or 3. It's just cycle this cycle that cycle me and cycle you in every game.

None of the protagonist are in the other games, as far as we know at least.

Well, if you count the soul of cinder then technically both the souls 1 and souls 2 protagonists are in this game, unless they didn't link the fire.
>>
>>335476092
Ashen One kills 3 Lords of Cinder, but they're all kind of pussies in the end

Chosen Undead kills the OG Lord of Cinder and most of the great heroes/villains of the land

Bearer of the Curse kills no Lords of Cinder and generally just trips over his own dick onto the throne with minimal effort.

It's kind of a tossup between Ashen One and the Chosen Undead, since we can't really be sure which is superior, 1 strong Lord of Cinder or 3 weaker Lords of Cinder. Dark Souls 2 is in last place no matter what, but that's par for the course.
>>
>>335477505

Drangleic is referred to "as the land of the legend of the linking of the fire" so, yes, sort of.
>>
Chosen Undead and Bearer of the Curse are both probably above Ashen One.

My vote is still for The Good Hunter.
>>
>>335477221
>implying he cured his curse

Never said explicitly or implicitly at any point for the whole game. You sit on a throne and are implied to be a big dick G, but you're still cursed.
>>
Pretty sure all the protagonists were strong enough to beat everything that the other ones did. There's little difference between them.
>>
File: 1451706721440.png (612 KB, 632x840) Image search: [Google]
1451706721440.png
612 KB, 632x840
>everyone in every souls game need a chick to level up
>the chosen undead doesnt
>mfw he really was the chosen one
>>
>>335477505
It seems that the DLC ending of choosing to not take the throne in Das2, aka not linking the fire, may have been the catalyst for the Lords of Cinder refusing to link the flame.
>>
>>335477840
retard
>>
>>335477158
Soul of Cinder is just the ashes of those heroes made manifest. It can't come close to the real deal. Just like canonically, an unkindled is supposed to be very pathethic.
>>
>>335477796
Go play the DLC
>>
>>335477796
If you collect all the crowns and take them to Vendrick he gives you a crown that prevents hollowing.
So I heard anyway, I still haven't been through all the DLCs, and I really don't feel like it.
>>
>>335477751
It's pretty much the only nod to Drangleic in the whole game, though, and it seems like a legitimate effort went into dismantling as much of DaS2's pointless fanfic-tier lore as possible to return to the tale of Gods and Heroes of DaS1.
>>
>>335477462
He's barely even that, he's just the culmination of everyone who's linked the fire. It just so happens that Gwyn was one of those people
>>
>>335476092
Chosen Undead >= Good Hunter > Ashen One > Bearer of the Curse

Not sure where Demons' Souls guy would fit onto it since that the only Souls game I havent beaten
>>
>>335477975
>fanfic-tier lore

what the fuck are you on about
>>
>>335477914
Cool argument.
>>335477872
But you become a Lord of Cinder BY linking the flame.
>>
>>335477708

I disagree, the lords of cinder are just decrepit corpses and soul of cinder who is basically gwyn with more tricks up his sleeve, but still, a weak remnant of previous ages.

I don't think bearer of the curse is stronger than chosen undead but i think he is definitively stronger than ashen one. At least bearer of the curse killed the current holders of the lord souls of his time, a real king and 2 of manus's fragments.

>>335477796

Play the DLC scrub.
>>
>>335477942
The Crown is treatment, not a cure. Take the crown off, and you're still just as cursed as everyone else.
>>
>>335477853
That was just a design oversight, the game was really rushed half way through development
>>
>>335478047
it wasn't an argument just mocking you for being dumb
>>
>>335477221
>probably the strongest
>have troubles beating a SHARD of Manus and dragons copycats
>all while Chosen Undead beat the real deal
Bearer can't come close to Chosen Undead. All he did was punch mimics while CU had to go through the actual legends.
>>
>>335477975
>Shield of Want
>Portrait of Nashandra
>various armor sets
>Giants

Don't act like the references aren't there just because you don't like DaS2.
>>
>>335477934
It's not a cure you Mong. It's a single crown that only you can wear. You can't hollow, but you still can't die.
>>
>>335477975

No, there's plenty of nods to DaS2, the giants, the whole want thing, vendrick, llewyn or whatever, the dragonriders and the forossa lion knights are all referenced just off the top of my head.

And just because you don't like it it doesn't mean it's "fanfic-tier lore".
>>
>Once upon a time, such things were bequeathed judiciously to each of the rightful lords, until Wolnir brought them to their knees, and ground their crowns to dust. Then the crowns became one, and Wolnir, the one High Lord.

Is Wolnir the bearer of the curse?

or is this just vague lore being vague
>>
The Hunter > Slayer of Demons > Chosen Undead > Ashen One > Bearer of the Curse
>>
>>335478047
Right but the whole reason the Unkindeled has to wake up is because the Lords fucked off and aren't relinking the flame through sheer will.

The Ashen One and the rest of the Unkindeled are the flames C team.
>>
>>335478129
>nashandra
>having troube
>elana
>having trouble
ahahahah
>>
>>335478329
>sonygger detected.
No one mentioned DeS or BB fgt.
>>
>>335477975
DS2 is just kind of irrelevant because it took place in another kingdom, but there are still numerous references to it.
>>
>>335478314
It's a reference. Be him or another guy, makes no difference.

All mention of 2 in the game are just that. Little references of no actual importance arc wise.
>>
>>335478314
Vague lore probably. None of the old protagonists are in any game but theirs mostly due to the sheer amount of time between these events. The only incarnation of past heroes is SoC.
>>
>>335478607
There's evidence suggesting that Drangelic was built on top of Lordran and that Lothric is a combination of the two former kingdoms. Lordran+Drangelic=Lothric.
>>
Bearer of the Curse went through a hell no one else could have done.

The Frigid Outskirts
>>
>>335476092
In pve:
Ashen ≥ Chosen > Bearer
In terms of feats of strength it depends on how strong nameless king is in terms of lore. Gwyn is the first and strongest lord of cinder due to being the first one to get the soul of flame or w/e so it stands to reason his son would be fairly strong. So Ashen kills 3 weak lords of cinder and nameless which id personally say is better than the solo lord of cinder.

For pvp:
Bearer > Ashen > Chosen
Poise stacking and highest iframes. Plus more of those gem things that healed on top of estus. Ashen beats chosen due to mobility i would say.
>>
>>335477505
>>335477975

Reminder that DaS III uses lots of shit from DaS II :

>infinite cycles bullshit is used
>thrones are in
>sovereign souls are in
>lord souls reincarnating are obviously in in another form AGAIN
>there's even a fucking child of manus like nashandra in the form of Karla
>Yhorm descendant of the Giants
>Laddersmith Gilligan dying of exhaustion by building billions of ladders for the sluts of the profaned capital that needed to get up to the throne room of Yhorm
>blue sentinels shoehorned in
>Lucatiel traveling to the undead settlement, discarding her armor and getting sealed away in the great wood to ward off curses with the power of her sword
>Cerighton still fucking alive hunting darkmoons since he is an asshole
>Drake blood knights literally in the game
>archives dwellers being guided by "the ancient first scholar that doubted the linking of the fire"
>faraam armor said to be possesed to those that "went beyond death" literally the marketing phrase of dark souls 2
>Ocelotte, child of dragons contrived by men that wanted to become dragons exactly like Shanalotte in dark souls 2, Fuck his name is literally OCEIROS + SHANALOTTE fused togheter for fuck's sake
>Drang knights that lost their lands and now became mindless sellswords, with their amor being literally the Llewellyn set from dark souls 2 but renamed
>Nashandra's paiting

I bet the fact that the Ashen won't go hollow when he dies is thanks to the Bearer of the Curse too.
>>
>>335478260
Where are the references to Vendrick and the dragonriders? I know of the other ones but I didn't catch those
>>
>>335477221
Apparently Dark Souls 3 says that a cure is too late to cure them
>>
>>335477504
OP said lorewise you colossal retard
>>
>>335478052
has to keep a crown on to stop the curse not a cure. It kinda just staves it off
>>
Good Hunter and Slayer of demons
>>
>>335478751
No.
Drangleic is god knows where but it isn't in Lordran. Lothric is. It's crystal clear at this point.
>>
>>335478682
If you don't think that the fact we don't Hollow upon death isn't important then you're retarded and drinking way to much of the "HATE DaS2" kool-aid
>>
kek at slow knights thinking they wield any sort of power compared to the good hunter.
>>
What is the strat for killing the 2nd Iudex Gundry at Unattended Graveyard? He backkicks a lot
>>
Chosen Undead, no contest. He was the only one that kills gods.
>>
>>335476092
Unkindled = weakest. Described in the game as being the worst possible thing to incarnate as.
Chosen = pretty strong. undead that was lied to and used as a tool by shifty cheer leaders
Cursed = clearly the strongest. Undead that was told everything upfront and that his task would be literally impossible if he didn't harvest the fuck out of godly souls. He did so and became a god.
>>
>>335478947
No one cares sonygger
>>
>>335477462
To be fair, one of the DaS3 bosses ate half of Anor Londo's NPCs, and AO shrekt him, suggesting an increase in power from CU.
>>
>>335478916
You don't hollow upon death because you're literally less than undead, you're sentient ash. The only way you can hollow is if you get boosted to undead status by Yoel. Other people hollow as well, like Horace and Anri in one of her endings.
>>
>>335476918

>less
lest*

English is not hard anon
>>
>>335479001
Don't go behind him.
>>335479039
Are we excluding Bloodborne? Because The Hunter kills at least 3 "gods"
>>
>>335478916
The fact we don't hollow is tied to us being simply Ash made corporeal. I'm being objective despite your attempt of disqualifying my opinion because you think everyone that is not praising DaS2 is some meme spewer.
>>
>>335478052
The Lord of Cinder is the biggest fucking hero of his age, having gathered enough power to make their Soul strong enough to link the flame. Even in their burnt-out state, defeating a Lord of Cinder is a fucking ordeal.

The Ashen one didn't kill the original holders of the Lord Souls, but if that's the qualifier, then Chosen Undead takes it by a landslide, since all the Lordsoul carrier the Bearer of the Curse killed were complete pussies.

The Bear of the Curse, to access Drangleic Castle (and bypass a small fucking pile of rubble) kills:
A decrepit prisoner with bound hands, in the dark
A pile of corpses all mashed together...for some reason
A Doom-tier Lava Boss where you're in more danger from the boss arena than the boss itself (Let's put a hole here, guys! Prepare to Dieâ„¢ right?)
A spider that isn't even holding the lord soul. It's just kind of parked in front of it.

And then you never kill a Lord of Cinder. DaS2's protagonist is the weakest of all. The strongest Dark Souls protagonist is the Chosen Undead by a wide margin, and the strongest Souls protagonist of all is The Hunter, because where all these other protags become burnt-out dead gods, the Good Hunter becomes a living Great One, albeit a young one.
>>
>>335479001
Nobody can defeat the Champion.
There's nothing you can do.
>>
>>335478329
>how to spot a sony fanboy
Demon Souls is the easiest of the series
>>
>>335479001
Summon help for the fight.
>>
>>335479149
OP didn't state BB so I wasn't taking that into account
>>
>>335479235
Difficulty of the game has nothing to do with power level.
>>
>>335479202
fuck this boss, patches should learn how to kick from him
>>
>>335479149
And, if you get the True Ending, becomes a God himself.
>>
Technically, even though they were a bit burnt out, doesn't the Ashen One effectively kill four Chosen Undeads over the course of the game?
>>
Good Hunter is the strongest seeing as how he turns into a God.
>>
>>335479001
I feel kind of disappointed I beat this guy my first try because I don't get the big deal over his difficulty everyone keeps talking about. I will say it was probably my favorite boss though.
>>
>>335477505
There's a Shield of Want in ds3
>>
>>335478761

>infinite cycles bullshit is used

Anon, that was the case since DaS, maybe even DeS (don't know the lore of that one). Are you stupid or what?
>>
>>335479235
THe slayer defeats some hardcore shit though. Don't know if it's better than the chosen, but I'd put him over cursed and ashen at least.
>>
>>335479460
You mean he dreamed he did. kek.
>>
>>335479039

Ashen One killed the Nameless king tho.

And we should remember that all the gods the Chosen Undead kills were already weakened as fuck/no longer on their peak.
>>
>>335478906

It's heavily implied that the cycle keeps continueing anon. It's the same world, just another time line.
>>
>>335479467
It doesn't seem related, though. The Want in this case is a Want of more souls.
>>
>>335476092
The Slayer of Demons
>>
>>335477853
Pricilla was stated to be the bonfire wench in DS1, she has unused animations and devs have stated so.

Painted world was supposed to be the first area, you can tell this is you look how it has a little bit of everything in it,
>>
>>335479352
Yeah, but those Chosen Undeads didn't had to go through Nito, Seath, Witches of Izalith and Gwyn, even if hollowed, along with all their armies guarding them.
DaS1 protagonist is the winner by a wide margin since they went against all things those later ages only study and dream about.
>>
>>335479460
>turns into a god
You mean he had a weird dream where he gets infected by an alien and turns into a baby space jellyfish
>>
>>335479585
Gwyn was a shadown of himself, sure, but Manus was weakened?
>>
Chosen undead
>>
Probably Chosen Undead, since he defeated Manus and the original gods. Not to mention all those fucking Demons.
>>
>>335479528
I don't know that the slayer really killed any beings on par with anyone but bearer. Slayer just killed a bunch of really strong demons but not necessarily anything incredible. Dragon God would come the closest, but even then I don't think he was a god so much as he was just worshiped.
>>
>>335476092
well ashen one is just a CU that failed at linking the fire the first time, so DEFINITELY not them
>>
>>335478329

>Bearer of the Curse last
>just because you hate DaS2

Kek. Ashen One is clearly the weakest. It can be argued if Chosen Undead or Bearer is stronger, but c'mon man, don't be like that.
>>
>>335479493
DaS has no mention of any cycle and how can there be a cycle if there was a age before fire and darkness mentioned in the intro of DaS yet the world never reverts to that state? DeS has no cycles as demons were present from the moment the world was created.
>>
>>335479615
Shield of Want Description

>Shield of an ancient king who was cursed by an all-consuming thirst. In the end, he was no king..

Seems pretty fucking related to Vendrick.
>>
Chosen undead because ninja flips and OP hex.
>>
>>335479001
The Champion isn't beatable
>>
>>335479595
Are you trying to pull a Zelda here? It's just another place anon. Drangleic existed and is referenced in 3. It's just not in Lordran.
>>
>>335479039
Chosen killed some illusions and some beasts and a spider. The only "gods" he killed were shriveled up vestiges or being that only held fragments of a lord soul. He was basically a janitor doing some clean up.
>>
>>335479157
>>335479109

Clearly you haven't played SotFS.
>>
>>335479325
>>335479528
The bosses of that game lore-wise aren't too tough either.

Some of them you kill using special items (Storm King and Dragon God) instead of straight up beating their asses and some of them are so weak they need to have bodyguards (Maiden Astrae and Old Monk). The only one who is actually hardcore is The False King (the Real King and final boss being just a slime monster) but he's only one, while the rest of the series has several badass warrior types.
>>
>>335479795

If you'd actually follow the lore, you'd know that DaS was already part of a cycle. It was already in the lore. The infinite serpent eating it's own tail and shit.
>>
>>335479892
>manus
>full raging power
>final boss of das2 is literally an old fragment of manus' soul

also nice illusion meme.
>>
>>335478129
That's like saying raiden didn't become stronger than snake in the end just because mgs2 was a simulation of mgs1.
>>
>>335479902
We all did. It still isn't tied. We are not Undead in 3, we are Unkindled, Ash rosen from the grave. It has nothing to do with the crown.
>>
>>335480010
Forgot about manus. Sue me.
>>
The Ashen One, simply because the game was semi-casualized, thus the protagonist is inherently the most powerful thus far.
>>
you
>>
>>335479547
The Hunter's Dream isn't your dream, dipshit.

It's Gherman's And the Moon Presence. Every Dream is a real, extradimensional space maintained by a Great One.

>>335479585
If the original owners of the Lord Souls were "no longer at their peak" then what the fuck can even be said about the quality of those who have just kind of happened upon their souls later on? Manus was at his strongest when you fight him. He was powerful enough to grab you through time itself, and you fight him on his home turf in the midst of a full on outbreak of the abyss.

His equivalent in DaS2 is a tiny piece of this exact character, only she's a weak ass bitch who fucked her way to power and then tried to steal your thunder at the very end. DaS2 doesn't even HAVE any great heroes. It's all callback references and generic bullshit.
>>
>>335478820
Same, I didn't see a vendrick reference
>>
>>335479990
If DaS had a cycle it would be like this age of ancients->age of fire->age of darkness->age of ancients. But all you ever get is fire then darknes.
>>
>>335480169
Shield of Want description see>>335479805
>>
>>335480051
>I forgot about this key part that disproves my argument

Concession accepted. You can go now.
>>
File: DarkSoulsIII 2016-80.jpg (362 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
DarkSoulsIII 2016-80.jpg
362 KB, 1600x900
>>335479585
Nameless King is hollowed just like his father was. Except his father wasn't fancy for dragon cock.
>>
>>335480010
I don't know what you're saying anon. Artorias beat manus ;)
>>
>>335479493
>>335479990

>Are you stupid or what?

Are you? At the beginning of DaS I no one besides Gwyn had linked the first flame. You're literally living the end of the FIRST age of fire. Nothing was being repeated at this point.

And why are you even taking about DeS? Not the same universe nigga.
>>
File: 1461005329094.png (2 MB, 1600x2800) Image search: [Google]
1461005329094.png
2 MB, 1600x2800
So the "FUck this Noise, I'm gonna go off and fuck around with Aldia until we manage to fix this curse shit" ending was canon? It would explain the lack of DaS2 abilities in the Soul of Cinder, if BOTC never linked the fire
>>
File: p010cxj5.jpg (52 KB, 512x768) Image search: [Google]
p010cxj5.jpg
52 KB, 512x768
>>335480256
DLC is not canon.
>>
>>335480385
>Nameless King is hollowed
Nah this is just what happens when you CONSORT WITH BEASTS
>>
>>335478260
The Giants referenced in DaS3 are almost unanimously the giants from DaS1. Yhorm is a DaS1 giant with a face, and so is every other giant aside from the Tree outside of Firelink Shrine.

The Dragonriders aren't referenced (unless you refer to the Nameless King who is absolutely a member of the Anor Londo pantheon if not Gwyn's Firstborn himself) and the Lion Knights are only referenced as an excuse to cram the Faraam set into the game.
>>
>>335479805
That's a reference to the old iron king u dumb idiot>>335480251
>>
>>335479990
DaS was when the cycle began, stop being a faggot
>>
Ashen one will just faceroll CU and Cursed one with r1 straight sword
>>
How the fuck are you supposed to compare when they don't fight each other's bosses?
>>
>>335480568
Got any evidence? I don't remember the Old Iron King using a shield.
>>
>>335480612
Jokes on you the CU has pre-patch Havel poise
>>
File: image.jpg (462 KB, 1684x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
462 KB, 1684x1080
Unkindled One slayed CU incarnation in the end.
Why do we still have discussions.
>>
>>335480612
Jokes on you the bearer of the curse is locked out due to soul memory
>>
>>335480514
>DLC isn't canon
>Going back in time to fix the mess Artorias left isn't canon
>Going to Shulva, Brume Tower, and Eleum Loyce isn't canon
>Fucking off with Aldia to find a cure isn't canon
Sure kid
>>
>>335480612
Good, luck, CU has 100+ poise that works.
>>
>>335480532
Not that anon. But The dragon riders are referenced in multiple pieces of gear, actually. As knights that rode upon dragons in defense of their king. So I'm not sure why you're telling him he's wrong, when he's not.
>>
>>335480706
Ornstein was in every game. So was Havel, ricardo... that other dude... Also DS3 had some returning bosses that were shadows of their former selves.
>>
>>335480504
>You will never serve him
>You will never crawl to him after being defeated
Why live
>>
>>335480514
Then neither is all of SotFS. The Crowns being a Hollowing Bandaid (for some reason), all the bullshit with the kings and Manus shards (a reference to a previous game's DLC anyways, so it double doesn't count) and whatever the fuck was up with Aldia (a character that SHOULD have been in the actual game, but GOTTA SELL THEM SEASON PASSES) and you're left comparing Vanilla Dark Souls 1 to Vanilla Dark Souls 2.

Where Chosen Undead doesn't simply beat Bearer of the Curse, they hold them down and fuck them in the ass with their turgid undead herocock.

Sorry you're game's so shit you need to do all these mental gymnastics, anon. I know it must be exhausting.
>>
>>335480878
You don't fight Ornstein in DS3. You find his armor, and you fight a different dragonslayer, but it's not Ornstein.
>>
File: DarkSoulsIII 2016-791.jpg (435 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
DarkSoulsIII 2016-791.jpg
435 KB, 1600x900
>>335480568
>>335480532
To help discussion.
>>
>>335480915
>You will never feel absolute despair as Aldrich eats him
>You will never feel a sense of relief as that blobby cunt eats you too, so you are forever linked to your beloved lord
>>
>>335480987
Prove it
>>
>>335478901
>>335478034
>>335477761
Samefag
We're not talking about BB or DeS
>>
>>335480751
His ashes can't compare to the true thing.
>>
This is a dumb question. They all have approximately the same abilities. There's no reason the Ashen One wouldn't be able to defeat Gwyn if dropped into DS1, etc.
>>
>>335481087
It fucking literally says it's his armor. Stop being a stubborn cunt
>>
>>335481087
Ornstein's pretty consistent, he always has the same weapons and shit. The Dragonslayer Armour has slightly different armor, a big-ass shield, and some kind of halberd-axe thing. Not to mention Ornstein's shit is about 10,000 miles away where the Nameless King is.
>>
File: 8h6mEAl.jpg (176 KB, 1877x1012) Image search: [Google]
8h6mEAl.jpg
176 KB, 1877x1012
>>335480532

Some giants from DaS II had faces too.

>and so is every other giant aside from the Tree outside of Firelink Shrine.

There's another one on Farron's Keep.
>>
File: 1461350253519.jpg (17 KB, 255x352) Image search: [Google]
1461350253519.jpg
17 KB, 255x352
>>335479001
Git gud
XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXD
>>
>>335481182
This.

I am the chosen undead, and you are too. Thank you, my friends.
>>
>>335480878
>Ornstein
The Ornstein in DaS1 and 2 were illusions, he fucked off to find the Nameless King some time after Gyndolin took over Anor Londo, but dies along the way
We still don't know if the Havel that was locked in the Undead tower in DaS1 was the real one, or one of his knights, but based on the key description, it was probably actually Havel, and the others were just his knights
>>
>>335481027
Okay, so there's a single piece of gear the references them, mostly as an excuse to include it in the game. Just like the Faraam and Alva sets.
>>
>>335479620
The Painted World was also the first part of the game that was actually made, it's very DeS-like.

Nito was also meant to be the boss there as well.
>>
>>335481214
So the armor teleported itself around the place throught time until it found a new dragonslayer? Is it meant t be like a symbiont?
>>
>>335476092
Ashen One(after Lord of Hollows ending) > Chosen Undead > Ashen One(before LoH end) > Bearer of the Curse

Ashen One takes the first flame for himself in one ending while previous protags simply walked away from it, that guy is pretty much the new Gwyn now
>>
File: 1458496068644.png (171 KB, 960x768) Image search: [Google]
1458496068644.png
171 KB, 960x768
>>335481246
10,000 miles away? It's literally a stones throw from the area you fight him, what are you smoking?
>>
>>335480116
the ivory king was a pretty great hero

same thing with aldia
>>
>>335481318
So is it confirmed that basically the entirety of Anor Londo was just Smough hanging out with a bunch of fake people, and the only reason that cannibalistic shitter was allowed such an important duty was because Gywndolin just kinda had to make do with what he had?
>>
>>335481182
>lore-wise
Can't you read?
>>
File: SotFS_Vendrick.jpg (1 MB, 1570x898) Image search: [Google]
SotFS_Vendrick.jpg
1 MB, 1570x898
Could Bearer have beaten him in his prime?
>>
>>335481148
Fuck off, he was even stronger than the PC in 1 could ever hope to be. You faggots just don't wanna lose cuz ds1 muh favorite game. You're all literally acting like THAT kid right now
>>
>>335476092
they are the same shit you dumb faggot.
>>
File: Untitled.png (16 KB, 556x203) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
16 KB, 556x203
>>335481120
Nice try, senpai. I only mentioned BB and Demons Souls since they're still both Souls games
>>
>>335481520
Pretty much. Everyone in Anor Londo, with the exception of the Knightess, Smough, and Gwyndolin, were illusions. The 2 fags you fight in the Dark Anor Londo cathedral are probably Blades of the Darkmoon, come to gank your shit
>>
>>335481470
10,000 miles from the Dragonslayer Armour fight. If you can throw a stone from there to the Nameless King then you've got a mighty powerful arm and I suggest you try out for the Astora Angels, they've got an opening in the relief pitcher position.
>>
>>335481318
>implying that's the real Ornstein
>implying he isn't pulling a grand keikaku to be the final boss in the next game
Just wait for it
>>
>>335481470
The Dragon place is literally on a fucking mountain. Way far away from lothric castle
>>
>>335476092
Ashen One is faster and has less stamina drain, not to mention more damage.
>>
File: 1430961799597.png (64 KB, 174x265) Image search: [Google]
1430961799597.png
64 KB, 174x265
>>335481682
My apologies, I thought you were talking about how close his armor was to the Nameless King fight, not Dragonslayer Armor
>>
>>335481524
Sure. Ivory king was at least on par with Vendrick, and Bearer kicked his ass along with an entire platoon of his best knights.
>>
>>335481418
Just stop, you're trying really hard to shit on ds2 to the point where someone provides you with proof and you just back pedal and make up bs. The creator of the game said the game is canon, get over it
>>
>>335481540
>he was even stronger than the PC in 1 could ever hope to be
Who? I can't understand if you're talking about the Soul of Cinder or Ashen. Waste less time raging at me.
>>
>>335476092
>DaS babies

kek
>>
>>335481418

And it's enough to make them canon.
>>
>>335481524
Non canon characters are irrelevant
>>
>>335481524
No one could beat Vendrick in his prime. That's why he was king. He could only be destroyed his wife who was just THAT much of a cunt.
>>
>>335481650
They're not though. Different universes.
>>
>>335476092
Chose Undead can level up on his own, if he kills Emerald Herald and Firekeeper the others are fucked.
>>
>>335481524
Don't you need souls of giants to beat him? He would've got rekt by Vendrick since he would've never let the Bearer get those souls
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (94 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
94 KB, 1280x720
Bearer of the Curse at his height of power shits in them all
>>
File: 1459103516388.jpg (145 KB, 459x600) Image search: [Google]
1459103516388.jpg
145 KB, 459x600
>>335476092
What comes to my mind first is the Bearer of the Curse since after the DLC he was immune to both side effects of the Fire (will never ever hollow) and the side effects of the Abyss (he wont mutate nor succumb to the darkness). And went searching for the path between it.
Also he was able to link fire

>Chosen Undead
Chosen undead is on the second place for me because even if he was able to defeat the living legends, he still wasnt immune to hollowification or the effects of the abyss. But he was able of linking fire.

>Ashen one
Ashen one is totaly shit tier undead that was force awakened by Ludleth because everybody else failed to link the fire. Even though I liked Ashen One, he was pretty weak lorewise even if he did defeated the Soul Of Cinder which was combination of every Undead that ever linked the first flame.

Bearer of the Curse > Chosen Undead > Ashen One
>>
File: 84964456.gif (2 MB, 376x348) Image search: [Google]
84964456.gif
2 MB, 376x348
Ashen One beats the incarnation of literally every person who has ever linked the fire including Gwyn, it's no contest
>>
>>335481939

That's why the Ashen one has a backup firekeeper. Nigga thinks about everything.
>>
>>335481791
Use context clues retard, I'm not raging. I'm saying that the chosen undead in 3 is clearly stronger than he was in 1, he still lost to the unkindled.
>>
>>335481859
Nashandra would've gotten fucked up by Vendrick if he had the stones to kill his wife as opposed to organizing his master plan to shut her out of everything. And it would've worked too if it weren't for that meddling Bearer!
>>
>>335481983
Bearer isn't immune either, if he ever takes the crown off he goes back to being hollow.
>>
>>335481826
(You) can stop anytime. No matter how hard you continue shitposting, it won't change the fact that DS2 is canon. Just save yourself the trouble, learn to love yourself, and stop.
>>
>>335481524
Beyond the shadow of a doubt. Vendrick wasn't even good enough to link the Flame. His country lost against the Giants, and he fled from responsibility out of fear of the curse and his cunt wife.

A cuck of this level is no match of the Chosen Undead, the hero who killed the fucking godmonster Nashandra is only the tiniest fucking piece of. Nashandra, who bear Vendrick.

Chosen Undead>Manus>>>>>>>Nashandra>Vendrick

Bam.
>>
>>335482078
Because it's not really him, it's just some armor that shares his memory and skill, along with whatever schmuck happened to link the fire between then and now. It's not actually CU, it's not actually Gwyn, it's a completely new being
>>
>>335481973
If you don't have the souls of giants he basically takes like 1 damage from each attack, while dealing approximately 2 billion damage. And that's as a shuffling, brainless hollow. So, yeah, Vendrick in his prime probably would put most characters in the series to fucking shame.
>>
>>335482138
not even the same person you were talking to anon
>>
>>335482007
Lords of Cinder are just empty shells compared to what they were before linking the fire. Just look at Ludleth this is what happens to a undead that linked a flame. CU would be the same "power level" as a Lord of Cinder as him i.e pathetic.
>>
>>335480046
Not the guy you're replying to but Anri is another unkindled and they go hollow. I don't believe DaS2 has anything to do with it, but I think it's strange that another unkindled would go hollow and the player character wouldn't.
>>
>>335481983
Not immune to hollowing. He has to wear that crown, he can also still not die.
>>
>>335482184
This. Vendrick was also strong enough to kill the 4 lord soul bosses + steal the soul arts from the Giants' kingdom. I'll bet he could even go toe-to-toe with Gwyn in his prime.
>>
>>335482120
Only if he dies and hasn't used an effigy.

Bearer is immortal.

Hopefully he appears in a DLC with Aldia and they try to fix the shit that the Ashen One fucked up.
>>
>>335482120
>if he ever takes the crown off
So don't take it off? I don't see the problem
>>
>>335482078
He's not the Chosen Undead anon.Soul of Cinder is the combination of everyone who linked the flame. How that works is up for debate, might be just like an Unkindled but using the ashes from the bonfire of the First Flame. Anyway, we can assume Soul of Cinder is not as strong as the real guys else no one would ever be able to beat and the flame would never fade because of the amount of power condensed through each iteration. It's weaker, not stronger.
>>
>>335482309
Hollowing is basically giving up. Player Character doesn't as long as you keep playing. It's a weird meta Miyazaki set up.
>>
>>335482120
If I take that off will you hollow?
>>
>>335482320
>>335482336
Its also impossible to hit anyone with his slow ass attacks
>>
>>335482309
Nope to >>335482404
To hollow you must be elevated from Unkindled to Undead. Your character can do this and is probably what Anri went through as well.
>>
>>335478862
you're already cured in Dark Souls 3 dude. notice how you dont hollow on death anymore

Bearer cured hollowing
>>
>>335480936
>a character that SHOULD have been in the actual game, but GOTTA SELL THEM SEASON PASSES
Aldia got added as a free patch to the regular version of the vanilla game as well.
>>
>>335477708
Chosen Undead kills everyone past their prime too
>>
>>335482154
>implying
Vendrick didn't want to link the fire because he and his brother (Aldia was his brother, right?) correctly realized that linking the fire is fucking bullshit and only delays the inevitable. He didn't lose against the giants, though the war was probably one because of time-traveling Bearer taking out the Giant King. And he didn't flee out of fear, he came up with a master plan basically to seal all power away from Nashandra and lock her out of the Throne, basically making her an impotent idiot who had to sit around and manipulate the Bearer's dumb ass. But then he hollowed, because he lost purpose just kinda sitting around after totally succeeding at everything except fixing the curse.

Accept the true facts of Vendrick being a huge G
>>
>>335482309
Anri was boosted to undead by the pilgrim who follows her, like you can be with Yoel.
>>
>>335482503
DS2 shitposters haven't played the game anon, expecting them to know information like that is just silly.
>>
>>335479171

Lets not go that far, the only bosses in dark souls that were hard or interesting were onsteirn and smough, artorias and maybe gwyin, who was aleady a shell of his former self.

Even manus was easy after dealing with artorias, seath I got in my first try, nito was already on his last legs, bed of chaos was a gimmick fight and should never have been in the game, and gwyin was eaiser than allant.

The fight against vendrick was more harder than anything dark souls had, and the bearer of the curse traveled in time to kill the lord of giants, who was strong enough to wreck vendrick.
>>
>>335482347
He's not immune then. It's all the crown. Knock it off his head and, bam, hollow again.
>>
>>335482667
>The fight against vendrick was more harder than anything dark souls had

Not sure if satire
>>
>>335482486
No he didn't, the reason you don't hollow on death anymore is because you're unkindled, not undead.
>>
File: 1460063118087.jpg (16 KB, 188x239) Image search: [Google]
1460063118087.jpg
16 KB, 188x239
>>335482486
He didnt. You will start hollowing once the Dark Sigil from Yoel of Londor hits you. But the firekeeper can cure it.
>>
Who deals the most damage of any boss in the series? I'm tempted to say Vendrick but I feel like that's wrong. Who's objectively the strongest boss?
>>
>>335476918
>Ashen One
>hmph
>>
>>335482154

this guy gets it
>>
>>335478047
>But you become a Lord of Cinder BY linking the flame.

Wrong. Lothric or Lorian (whichever was the youngest) was bred at a young age to kindle the fire, but he went "nah fuck that" and his brother protected him to ensure no one made him do it. He was still a "Lord of Cinder" but he never actually accomplished his goal.

Same with Aldrich. Hawkwood says they named him a Lord of Cinder "Not by virtue of linking the flame, but by might". Motherfucker grew so strong they just called him an honorary LoC.
>>
In terms of ending, Chosen only linked the fire/let it go dark

Bearer can do the same as Chosen or he can fuck off in search of an alternative, which he does not find given DS3

Ashen one can do the same as Chosen or become Lord of Hollows

Not one of the punks were able to get an ending where everything ended nice and peaceful without burning themselves to cinder.

I just wanted an ending where they finally got some peace and everything wasn't so futile.
>>
>>335482804

Either him or Manus

Actually Ludwig or Laurence as well
>>
>>335482667
>Gwyn, the parry king, is hard
>solaire summon: the fight is hard
>>
File: 1460998673618.jpg (239 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
1460998673618.jpg
239 KB, 1536x2048
>>335482804
Gravity
>>
>>335482804
In terms of pure damage I'd say the Ancient Dragon
>>
Ashen One Ez
>>
>>335482804
The Bed of Chaos does infinity damage if it knocks you into the bottomless pits :^)

Honestly I think it really is Vendrick, he hits like a truck and I don't think any other boss in the series with a single-hit attack can compare to his damage.
>>
>>335482804
Artorias? Might be becase he's a hard faggot that took me too much tries to kill
>>
>>335482347
>It's a cure
>You can never take it off ever, but it's a cure though!

So I guess people who need to wear oxygen masks for their emphysema are "cured," right? DaS2fag logic is in full swing today.

>>335481524
No, because Bearer is a pussy. Chosen Undead could have done it though. He killed Manus, the 4 Kings, and all sorts of godly shit aside from Gwyn himself. Vendrick killed some giants, then went nuts and became a naked zombie hiding in a graveyard from his wife. Vendrick is a straight pussy.

Bearer of the Curse is a bitch, and Vendrick's 2 billion damage per swing is only comparable to that fact.

Think about this: Bearer of the Curse needs to grind souls for health AND buy a magic ring to survive a fall that Chosen would have tanked no problem. Bearer of the Curse's constitution is objectively shittier than CU's.
>>
>>335482863
Did Yhorm link the flame?
>>
>>335482892
Are there any other DaS2 NPC cameos?
>>
>>335482991
yes, all lords of cinder(except the princes) linked the flame at some point
>>
>>335482991
...Yes. How is that even in doubt? He's a Lord of Motherfucking Cinder. He wouldn't be here if he didn't link the flame.
>>
>>335482984
>God I just hate DS2 so much I have to shitpost about it all day long if I see someone praising it: The Musical
Get the fuck over yourself.
>>
File: 1460306734591.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2161) Image search: [Google]
1460306734591.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2161
>>335483067
There's this pretty depressing DaS1 cameo
>Fair Lady dies, crushed by rocks
>Quelana finds her, and presumably dies with her
>>
>>335482804
If we count Bloodborne, Living Failures, Laurence or Orphan.

If not, Ancient Dragon.
He isn't the hardest/strongest boss though.
>>
>>335483109
Aldrich and Lothric didn't. But Yhorm probably did based on him constantly burning
>>
>>335476092
Artorias. He was strongest lore wise because he conquered the abyss which could level entire civilizations. Only reason he died was because he didn't drink his milk and broke his arm, as well as saving puppy sif.
>>
File: latest[1].png (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
4 MB, 1920x1080
Reminder that Vendrick and Aldia are the best characters in the series.
https://youtu.be/5xCLVj2jgtA
https://youtu.be/-_9G4CG8N48

>>335482804
>Who's objectively the strongest boss?
DaS2 Ancient Dragon can 1shot you with any of its moves even with high Vit. However I don't know who is supposed to be strongest lore wise.
>>
>>335478761
>OCEIROS + SHANALOTTE = OCELOTTE
Dude, I did not catch that. Thanks for pointing that out!
>Karla is a child of Manus
How do you know this?
>>
>>335482984

>So I guess people who need to wear oxygen masks for their emphysema are "cured," right?

It's more than your Chosed Undead ever achieved anon.
>>
>>335483217
>conquered the abyss
kek. Confirmed for never playing anything but nintendo games. Artorias lost hard to the abyss.
>>
>>335483067
Alva shows up. I guess that isn't really a DaS2 cameo, though, since Alva never actually shows up in DaS2.

>>335483113
>Oh good, he said something I don't like! That means I don't have to address any of his valid points! Whew, almost had to defend my shitty reasoning there for a second

Sorry your ass is so blasted, DaS2fag. Maybe you should play video games that aren't objective garbage?
>>
File: 1f3.png (213 KB, 500x274) Image search: [Google]
1f3.png
213 KB, 500x274
>>335483217
Except he didn't. CU went back in time to fix the mess Artorias left when he got his shit stomped by Manus
>>
>>335483228
>In the series

I've got some bad news bro
>>
>>335482804
Woldyr. Nothing can go against his miasma.
>>
>>335483324
He lost hard to manus. He still rekt the other humanity niggers, he lost to manus because he had a broken arm and spent his strength protecting sif.
>>
>>335482680
That makes him sound like Achilles, with a big ass weak point that you have to aim in order to kill him. Because after taking the crown off you have to kill him obviously.
>>335482984
Dunno why you are so mad with the bearer m8, did he raped your mother or something?
I never said it was a cure though, he just can ignore the issue and that's good enough. He even tried to find THE cure, so that's more than the chosen ever did. Maybe he ain't stronger but at least he isn't as dumb.
>>
>>335483217
>Artorias. He was strongest lore wise because he conquered the abyss
He didn't conquer the Abyss. The whole big plot point of the DLC area was that the timetravelling Chosen Undead was the one who actually beat Manus and shattered the Abyss. Chosen Undead is the real Abysswalker.
>>
>>335483250
Karla's ashes

>Umbral ash of Karla. With this, the shrine handmaid will prepare new items.

>The spurned child of the Abyss never dies, but phases in and out of its fringes. Only, there is no one to search for her any longer.
>>
Should I do Garden of the Consumed King before fighting Dragonslayer armour?
>>
File: 1461456846844.jpg (24 KB, 486x486) Image search: [Google]
1461456846844.jpg
24 KB, 486x486
>>335476092
is it worth to do a magic run?
>>
>>335483228
Das2 ancient dragon got nerfed to shit

Fume Knight or nameless king probably do the most damage
>>
>>335478761
Thank you. Honestly I have no idea why the /v/ hivemind suddenly decided to absolutely shit on DS2 6 months ago.

There's also a copy-pasted tree of giants near firelink shrine for fucks sake.
>>
>>335483439
Yes.
>>
>there's no new interesting lore or explanation for basically anything
>90% of the game is fanservice

feels bad man, DS3 is really missing that atmospheric touch
>>
>>335482425
It would be extremely painful.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.