[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oldfags
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 72
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 500x442) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 500x442
Any older (24+) players here?
How do you balance vidya with adult life?
Do you even enjoy games anymore?
>>
>>335451893
>24 is considered "old" on /v/

FFS. You guys are probably the second youngest board after /b/. It's fucking pathetic.
>>
>24+
>old
>adult
Yeah right.
>>
>>335452139
Normal people move out from their parents at 18 and are well established at 24
Not everyone is a neet manchild
>>
>>335452195
>rich people move out from their parents at 18

ftfy

what economy do you even live in? dubai?
>>
I'm 28 and I play semi-pro cs:go.

It's the only game I have time for to maintain my skills. I don't really enjoy it anymore so I'll probably go full normie soon
>>
>>335452195

>tfw 27
>living at home
>made poor life choices in the past
>only now finishing my degree
>>
27. I mainly play older games on my Saturn, PS2, DC, DS and PC primarily. I decided not to participate in Gen 8 because of how shitty things are becoming. Gen 7 and prior games are still great so I don't mind at all.

I work a lot so I tend to play after work in the night a few times a week. Recently beat Pokemon Black 2 which was fun.
>>
>>335451893
>wake up
>start working
>lunch break and shitposting
>back to work
>finish work, get dinner
>some more shitposting to wind down then vidya
>>
>>335452195
>Normal people move out from their parents at 18
Not in this day an age.

I was the only person i know from High School to move out and live on my own (without room mates or friends) at 18, and that's only because I lucked the fuck out an got a job at a lumber yard when I was 17.

Even so I'm probably going to move back into my parent's place because even though I can afford to live on my own, I simply can't save up money to actually buy a house or a new car or any of that shit with how high rent is in my area.

>>335452420
Could be worse. You could be like quite a few ppl I know that made god life choices, went to college for 4-6 years, then proceeded to do nothing because there's no work in their fields, and are now approaching 30 y/o and still have no possible way to pay of student and credit card debts that they'll probably have until they're passed 40.

As long as you're not sitting on a mountain of debt, you're golden.
>>
27 in 2 months.

I don't know, man. I wish I could just not worry about shit and go to sleep one day and wake up the next not having to worry about my rent, shit is brutal. Really wish I could go like 2 days without being super worried. This takes away all my energy to play any game whatsoever. Wife keeps bothering me when I play for long stretches as well so that also kills the fun.

Waiting on overwatch right now. if that fails, I don't know what I'll play. DaS3 was fun but burned out very fast.
>>
>>335452264
I was a foster kid and lived with a friend's family until mid-19 when I moved out and live on my own.

You can't move out at 18 when you're a defeatist bitch. You can when you're an adult.
>>
File: 1458797172886.jpg (70 KB, 530x424) Image search: [Google]
1458797172886.jpg
70 KB, 530x424
>>335451893
>27
>work out with friends
>visit other friends
>cook with roommate bros in my house
>try to rekindle old relationship
>get my stuff ready for work the next day
>still have 3~ hours to play vidya, usually only use 2 or so

The question is really, how are 11 of your daylight/night hours being wasted on vidya
>>
>>335452420dude, I'm exactly the same. Although I already moved out at 18, due to poor choices I had to move back with my parents once. And now I had to move back a second time, since me and my GF had to give up our home to study in Japan for half a year.

Also, I mostly play single player-games during the weekends and play some multiplayer with friends online during weekday evenings.

Balancing really isn't all that hard.

Wii U, PS4 and PC.
>>
I am 25. I am a student and I work part time. I love vidya. My most beloved hobbies are playing games and reading books.

Let me tell you how my day goes by... I wake up at 10 o clock, I eat and so on and start to learn for university at latest by starting at 12 o clock. So I usually sit at my desk until 9 or 10 o clock, sometimes even longer.

After that, I play like an hour or two vidya and then I read a book, Also for an hour or two.

Thursdays, I have to go to university from 9:45 in the morning until 8:30 at night.
Two days in the week, I am going to work. When I have semester break, I work almost every day.

Sorry for my bad english. I am from germany. Oh and there are very rare days, when I play all day. Usually after an exam.

I enjoy gaming a lot. Especially games like Ro2, insurgency and CSS. At the moment I play dark souls. It´s very good but man it annoys the fuck out of me.

I am at the dukes archive and I got cursed.. wth
>>
30 here
I rarely play newer games, though there are some that I like very much. I bought Ori and the blind forest last year and loved it.
Half of my top 10 favorites are SNES games, others something like Morrowind and HoMM3
>>
>>335452712
In the same boat as you buddy, you are not alone.
>>
>>335451893
I'm 32 and my lifestyle has never really changed. I work 9-5 Monday thru Friday, come home, cook myself some food, then play vidya or watch anime tell midnight, pass out, go to work, and proceed to repeat. I have a bretty good job as well, just bought me a corvette a few months ago. Shit is fast yo.
>>
>>335451893

Yeah I do.

I am currently looking forward to Kingdom Come, Total War Warhammer, and Mountain Blade 2.

Currently I am trying to remake Rome as Byzantium in EU 4.
>>
totally irresponsible cuck, who sponges off his breading winning gf for vidya and rent.

work only 25 hours a week, rest is spent shitposting and gaming. pretty sweet t b h whiff u. probably gonna be super fucked in the long run.
>>
>>335451893

31 and still playing video games.

>How do you balance vidya with adult life?

I play when I can and don't have any social obligations.

>Do you even enjoy games anymore?

Yeah but not all these day 1 DLC fest-Season Pass aka interest free loans shits.
>>
>>335451893
I have my own small business so while I don't make much money, I can be on the PC or console while there are no clients so shit is cash
>>
>>335451893
28, play on my Vita after work for an hour or two and PS4/PC on my days off. Waiting for EO5 and SMT Apocalypse before I bother with my 3DS again.
I still enjoy vidya, just wish I had more time.
>>
This thread makes me want to find a group for older people who want to play together. Nothing makes me feel like I'm wasting my life more than playing CSGO or any moba and realize everyone's acting like a child (such as hacking), because they are children.

I used to do well in pvp in WoW and I can't stand playing with any of the kids anymore, had a blast playing with someone at his 30s the other day even though we did very fucking poorly and tanked my rating from 2.4 to 2.1. I don't mind losing or anything as long as people act like people and make the game interesting for everyone. I'm brazilian so communities are always worse for me than it is for you
>>
>>335452195
in israel and other countries conscription is mandatory, so basically 3 years of our lifes are taken away. add to that the shitty state our country is in and you get a late bloomer generation
>>
>>335452732

I feel like this situation is becoming the norm these days in western countries. More and more of my friends have had to move back home lately or are lucky enough to move out with their partners. Kind of sucks how it's such a taboo - especially if you're like me and pay rent, cook your own meals etc

To be fair, I really have no desire to owning a house or a nice car. I'm totally satisfied with a comfy little unit with my old shitty car. I just wanna lift, play vidya and enjoy my career. s-SOON.
>>
>>335453186
Serves you right for being a kike.
>>
File: insurgencyjpg-0d2782_1280w.jpg (113 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
insurgencyjpg-0d2782_1280w.jpg
113 KB, 1280x720
I'm 32. Have a kid.
Usually just play something that I can pop-out in case I need to.
No more MMOs for me. No more something that needed shitloads of time to finish it.
Still play some co-op games/and or competitive shooters once in a while.
>>
>>335451893
Just gaming on weekends
Since I got work all week.
>>
73 here been lurking here since 2005
>>
>>335453558
that reminds me of when I used to play d2:lod. the best player i ever knew was a 65+ yo guy who played literally all day every day for years

he's probably dead of old age by now. rip
>>
>>335451893
24 yrs old.
Life is falling apart, at least I have games to complain about
>>
>>335453186
Same in Germany my long nosed friend. (not anymore though)

Also, you only serve 9 months max. I was at the Luftwaffe for only 2 months and said, "nah I don't feel like it"and they let me go.

ebin :-)
>>
23 here. Video games do nothing for me and I've been just reading manga and watching film lately. I'm actually in a pretty good state mentally, having suffered anxiety and my mother and grandmother being in the hospital I'm now sated with who I am - I take solace knowing so many of you work your jobs, finger your phones and drag yourself out of bed in the morning for the almighty dollar and all I do is sit here..contemplating "hmm, what will I do next?"

Sure I'll be homeless soon, but my heart is in the right place.

Talk about delusion. You fags don't even enjoy your waking life but keep doing it, I'm sated in my delusion that so long as I keep my mind healthy then nothing bad will ever happen.
>>
File: Area_big.jpg (50 KB, 434x606) Image search: [Google]
Area_big.jpg
50 KB, 434x606
>>335452195
Yes! Good goy! Move out at 18 and pay rent for the rest of your life instead of saving up for your own apartment.
>>
tfw turning 24 in august and still a NEET
>>
>>335453893

Hahahaha, I'm at work right now laughing at you on 4chan. We're both doing the same thing right now, except only one of us is getting paid to do it.

Stay cucked and gay, loser. Try not to starve when mommy finally kicks your retarded ass out.
>>
>>335451893
I don't, I'm about to fail one of my college assessments because unless I chew on a handful of adderall every half hour I can't tear myself away from trying to get the one achievement in Devil Daggers.
>>
30 here. My adult life is pretty simple. I bartend, make fairly shitty money but the cost of living here is cheap as fuck so it's not hard to pay bills. I just like relaxing and gaming, watching movies or reading. Have a girlfriend, she is pretty chill too, we hang out just a couple times a week. I have all the free time in the world. No kids, no debt, just work an easy job and enjoy my hobbies. Don't let people pressure you into doing "adult" shit you don't want to do.
>>
>>335453893
its time to grow up, anon
>>
>>335452720
This bugs me every time I play on my off days.
High school days = 12-14 hours of playing, usually just Gran Turismo 2. Now, it's 5 hours max on off days, and 3-4 hours on a weekday.

I still haven't finished Alien isolation and Mad Max for fucks sake
>>
25 here
Tfw still living with my mom
Goto uni for 9 hrs mon - wed have no job
But i play splatoon for 1-3 hrs a week
>>
>>335451893
I work 40 hours a week, spend all my remaining time hanging with friends or playing videogames.

I Practice dmc4 on occasion, and similarly I try to find games that allow the same type of playstyle, which I then write about on my shitty website if I like it enough, with the occasional youtube vid demonstrating shit. This takes up a lot of time and normally I would also play guitar and piano on the side, which I havent done in quite some months now.

I Want to earn more $$ for less hours. That would help. I also need to spend less time shitposting on /v/.

Also want to get a tablet for playing dmc4 on the train so I can get my practice in there but I'm not sure if the specs are capable of a stable 60fps.

Also I dont have a gf, thank god, because those take up time I would rather invest in myself.
>>
>>335451893
25, full-time job. It pays pretty well, and I'm able to give away shifts and take early outs if I like, so I tend to work 30 hour weeks typically. Plenty of time for vidya; finishing up DaS3 and then it's back to where I left off in P3.
>>
Play vidya for several hours on my one day off.
Play Dissidia at the arcade for a couple hours total per week.

Basically I focus on one console vidya and one arcade vidya.
>>
File: 432432.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
432432.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>335453423
>Have a kid
>>
>22
>full-time job as a brunswick mechanic
>spend most of time bowling, fixing machines, and playing vidya on my off days
>make $18.50 an hour

it's a good life
>>
>>335452195
Projecting.
>>335452264
>>335452647
>>335454189
>Work from age 16 to 20
>Save up money instead of wasting it on garbage
>Move out into a cheap studio apartment
It's not hard and it's worth it. I would kill myself if I had to live with the embarrassment of living with my parents past the age of 20.
>>
>>335452608
Damn are you me?
>>
>>335451893

full time comfy job i do at home
play vidya or browse this shithole for the rest of time
enjoy none of it really
>>
32 do my 40 something hours work for the week . Some fitness boxing 3 nights of the week , kids every second weekend keep the missus happy , and squeeze in some singleplayer games .
>>
>That feel when just finished college at 25 but want to go back to neeting it up
>>
>>335453423
>Have a kid
You mean your wife had a kid
>>
>>335455604

lmfao, cukd on 4chin just like irl
>>
>>335455659
>>335455604
Was actually worried that people were talking about this cuck business all the time like it was some thing. But it's just their own fear isnt it?
>>
>>335452947
You mean to say that you're autistic?
>>
>>335455290
>Work from age 16 to 20
Part time or full?
>Save up money instead of wasting it on garbage
Fair enough, though garbage is pretty ambiguous.
>Move out into a cheap studio apartment
At what, 20?
>It's not hard and it's worth it. I would kill myself if I had to live with the embarrassment of living with my parents past the age of 20.
Did you go to University/College?
>>
File: the most manly anime ever.jpg (383 KB, 848x1250) Image search: [Google]
the most manly anime ever.jpg
383 KB, 848x1250
>>335451893
>Any older (24+) players here?
I play when I have free time and nothing more productive to do. Like, you know, any hobby.
Well, admittedly most games is just way to pass time, but from time to time I hit something great that makes me cut real-life activities just so I can play more.
Only thing that worries me is my backlog, which grew unexpectedly large even since I bought PC and installed steam. But it's hardly something complain, since this way I ended up playing oldies like System Shock, Blood or Doom, and even genres I would normally not play like RTS or 4X.

>>335452195
I moved back to my parents at age of 27. Turned out my new workplace is just 2km from my hometown, so my parents wanted me to move back, probably because my sister, who was supposed to take over family house, moved with her husband to other side of country.
They probably expected to move in with my girlfriend though.
No suprise if at this point they think I'm gay.
>>
>>335456659

>>335456659
>They probably expected to move in with my girlfriend though.
>No suprise if at this point they think I'm gay.

>tfw same
>tfw they would be right
>>
any advice for a 29yr old trying to quit MMOs?

All I do is come home from work and log in MMOs sometimes just idle and not actually playing because of habit.

I play some single-player games no and then but I end up feeling lonely after just 1-2hrs of playing.
>>
>>335457030

Do you socialize while idling or literally just idle in the game?

If the former my advice is to never stop, I play single player shit all the time, I miss my guild and e-friends
>>
>>335451893

34 here.

Most I get to do these days is play Dragon Quest on the iOS on my commute to and from work. Occasionally if the living room is free I'll play some old shooter on the projector but time and energy is scarce these days, especially moreso due to games being fucking shit.
>>
>>335457030

Holy fuck dude if you feel lonely while you're not playing MMOs you should try going outside and taking a walk because your life is in shambles
>>
>>335452195
im 21, Ive moved out before, but it was shitty. Im saving for a deposit for a home so theres that I guess.
>>
>>335455052
Damn, anon. Sounds like you're living the life.
What job do you have?
>>
>30 years old
>married with two kids (2 and 5)
>full time job (home owner/no mortgage, so not a complete wage slave)
>play maybe twice a week for a couple of hours

When I'm busy I really yearn for games, but when I sit down to play I find I can't find anything that really absorbs me, and I quickly lose interest. Also I don't want the kids to see me vegging in front of the computer.

My wife doesn't mind me playing but she's not enthusiastic about it either (I've yet to meet a woman who keen on their other half playing games).

Nevertheless I am looking forward to Mount & Blade 2.
>>
>>335457140

The former, paying a sub fee just to idle and socialize sounds a bit sad though.>>335457230
>shitty money but the cost of living here is cheap as fuck so it's not hard to pay bills. I just like relaxing and gaming, watching movies or reading. Have a girlfriend, she is pretty chill too, we hang out just a couple times a week. I have all the free time in the world. No kids, no debt, just work an easy job and enjoy my hobbies. Don't let people pressure you into doing "adult" shit you don't want to do.

>>335457230
Easy to feel lonely when you have no place to talk about vidya/nerd shit and other interests that you wouldn't talk about in RL.
>>
>>335457807

Fuck that mang, unless you are ready to throw yourself out there amongst normalfags and have shallow conversations while drinking alcohol every day, just chill with your online mates.
Unless you have 0 IRL friends, if you have a few just hang with them sometimes.

Alternatively ask around if your clan/guild is playing something else and do it with them.

This comes from a 27yo fag who quit his last mmo in 2008 and has been trying to get hooked on ANY of them again and it never ever happened.

The games are not good enough to play for themselves so I can't get invested enough to stay. Single player is good but lonely when you cant discuss it with anyone else but /v/ who can't discuss anything at all.
>>
>>335452264
You should be able afford a studio apartment and support just yourself on a part time job. Or at least a two roomer with a friend.

You DO have friends, don't you?
>>
>>335458185

Not everyone lives in your country and town anon.
A part time job would either let me pay for half the rent of a place and starve, or vice versa.

Also
>moving out to be yo own man
>live with roommates and have to put up with their shit

okay...
>>
>>335458185
Not the guy you're talking to but in my country? Good luck

500$ pay per month and rent with evwryrhing you need is 500$
Its not worth it

People here stay with their parents until they finish college and find a job maybe more or move in with a girl/guy
>>
>>335451893
26 here. I'm a grad student and if I want to get good grades I don't really have time for vidya. I usually don't feel like playing (or doing) anything at all anyway. Sometimes though I get a streak of vidya craving and I play for a couple of days straight. Gotta watch out that doesn't interfere with studying (which I hardly do, but near the exams I go all out and study all day).
Funny thing is I usually don't feel like playing vidya, but whenever I have an exam or deadline coming up I am drawn to vidya immensely.
>>
work 40+ hours, some swimming for exercising, visit on separate places brothers and parents, have one week free on Your own each month
I stilly enjoy the shit out of the game. I shuffle between generations, still enjoying and exploring variety of games. I still can replay River Raid on A2600 and it gives me a smirk.
>>
>>335451893
Just play games that genuinely interest you and ignore 95% of the terrible shit that comes out.
>>
>>335458563

2nd this, forcing myself to play (and like) bioshock infinite made me hate video games for several months.

Then i played dragons dogma:DA a few months later and all was good in the world again.

Trust yourself/your gut and play what you are really passionate/interested in and not what others/marketing tells you to.
>>
>>335459060

That game was my last venture into trying to socialize and talk vidya with normalfags.

I played through it just so when asked about it I wouldn't just shit on it like /v/ did.
Apparently it was all perfectly justified, instead of discussing it with them on fair grounds I just decided to never talk about it again, I gave up on talking with the dude who liked it - and he sat next to me at work for over a year.
>>
29yo here
I still live with my parents and make indie games from my home for a living so I still get to play
No
>>
>>335451893
I'm a professional cowboy and I use catheters. Been cowboyin' for 25 years. I've had 14 broken bones, 2 concussions and a punctured lung. I know pain and I don't want any more of it. Especially when I cath.
>>
>>335451893
>all people on /v/ are 24+
>they haven't married yet
>still a virgin
>>
File: stupudding.png (298 KB, 482x347) Image search: [Google]
stupudding.png
298 KB, 482x347
>23
>graduating this year
>offered a 75k/year job when I graduate
>the last five years killed the little light I had in my life
>can afford all the vidya I want but don't enjoy any of it
>don't even enjoy playing my old favs anymore

Don't go to college, kids.
>>
>>335459505

Don't worry anon, I didn't go to college and felt exactly the same when I was 23-24

Protip: it does not get better
>>
File: v the experience.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
v the experience.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>335451893
Oh, that's pretty easy.
I'm a neet, I hate 9 out of 10 videogames, I despise everything 4chan (and /v/ specifically) became, I'm constantly depressed and fall asleep thinking whether I should an hero.
>>
>>335451893
>>>>>>adult life
No job. Live with parents. 27. Kill me pls.
>>
>>335452019
Depends. What in your life really. Got a girlfriend? Married? Have kids? Got a house? Really if your girlfriend puts up or likes video games then just enjoy life with her. If she doesn't then you should put a side alot of your gaming and be with her.

If you got kids don't forget about them. If you got a mortgage don't forget to have at least more than enough money to pay it off every week,
>>
>>335459505
>pleb who honestly believes "guaranteed" job bullshit professors fed him to sucker him to stick with shitty degree
>>
>>335459651

You do know you can still have hobbies while in a relationship, right anon?
>>
>>335459646
How do you not have a job? really ? So much $16+ jobs out there. And its not like you should only have a goal for as low as 16$ but comon
>>
>>335459717
as a person who is married and has a child.
no. hobbies are kill.
>>
>>335459705
Offered a job as in, my boss from last summer said "please come work for us when you graduate, we'll keep your desk in shape" idiot.
>>
>>335452264
>pampered children move at out 18

ftfy

I'm from a wealthy family but my dad won't pay for my rent if i moved out. Fortunately I live in a society where living with your parents is culturally acceptable . I pay for shit like groceries and internet still though.
>>
>>335459646

Pretty much me. I turn 27 in August. No idea what I'm supposed to do with life. Thought about trying to learn how to code, but not sure how long it's going to take me to not be shit at it or if that's even possible for self teaching.

>>335459774

How many hire without previous work experience? Do you live in America?
>>
>>335459816
Only because you married a cunt.
>>
>>335459612

How old are you now?

Just turned 23 and can't believe how low I've felt lately. I'm going to spend this summer trying to make some positive life changes, and if I still feel this way, it's time to give the antidepressants a go. I'm going to kill myself if I reach 30 and still haven't found some way to at least cope.
>>
>>335459843
>summer volunteer
lol okay buddy, sure
you will apply for the job, interview, and not be accepted. they feed you bullshit to keep word of mouth for future slaves getting paid 0 dollars for "experience"
>>
>>335457768
no mortgage at 30? Damn, nicely done anon. How'd you manage that?
>>
>>335459705
offer might've come from company looking for hires.
But yes, with goverment backing up student loans, and as following banks handing them out freely, uni reps will lie more shamelessly to get you and your money in, than even army recruiters would.
>>
>>335460051
The boss is my dad tho ;)
>>
24 years old and I am starting college

I don't know what the future will hold but I really just play dark souls these days
>>
>>335460149

What have you been doing between high school and now?
>>
>>335460051
Nope. 26/hour over the summer. Keep projecting
>>
>>335460147
>friends family is owner of a real big company
>comfy well paid desk job guranteed if he gets his degree
>fails it 2 semesters before final exam
>family disappointed as fuck, drop all support
>lives from social welfare and 400€ jobs
dont let this be you.
>>
>>335451893
I'm 30. I only play on weekends.
After a dissapointing experience with the Wii U, I bought a PS4 with Bloodborne. The latter reminded me what I loved about video games years ago, so s still room for gaming in my life
>>
>>335451893
I spend more time doing bullshit related to games then I spend playing them. Because I can do this kind of bullshit while at work, but I can't very well play video games.
>>
>>335451893
>oldfag
>age
I don't think you understand the terminology that you're using.
>>
29. Wife. Kid. Full time employed (and then some).

I basically cannot play video games between 08:00 and 20:00 because we have a baby and it needs full time monitoring and if I am not working then I am expected to be monitoring so wife can have a break. Then after baby sleeps it's usually time to watch television shows that have recorded over the week if I'm home before 22:00. Sometimes on a regular day there's a period between about 23:00-00:00 that I can play video games, then sleep. Otherwise I just go straight to bed. If I am working nights and/or on call, I can sometimes get away with playing some games when I get home... right now I am playing KOTOR again. I mostly just play old games that remind me of happy simple times. I also get to sleep in when on nights so I get a brief baby reprieve.

I'm told it does get better... I guess we'll see. There are definitely days I wish I could go back to raiding 6 nights a week and playing whatever video games I want (mostly raiding though). University afforded me that luxury because I could get away without attending classes or studying... that doesn't work in the real world though! You kind of have to show up.
>>
>>335451893
>older (24+)
it's like it's already summer here

28, I play whenever I feel like and have free time, no need to balance shit, it's a hobby and a lately a shitty one.
>>
>>335459953
This. I managed to get a damn good 35$ an hour for being computer tech at a chase Morgan building. Big problem is I'm in fucking San Francisco. Rent is fucking killer and either you sacrifice a lot of get lucky. So I said fuck it I'm back with my parents and I can play games and still go out with friends at the end of the day.
>>
>>335460059
Luck really, wifey's parents are well off.
>>
I just can't do it anymore. I wish I was neet again. I was neet for 6 years, been full-time slave 3 years and already sick of it. I will never retire. I have too many interests to waste away like a normalfag.
>>
>>335460419
Sounds like hell anon
>>
>>335460283
>>lives from social welfare and 400€ jobs
Damn I'd love to have 400/month, average wage in my shit country is 200.
>>
>>335451893
35 year old married father here. I'm a bit of a night owl, so I tend to play between 10 pm and midnight while the wife and son are asleep. I still enjoy games, though I really don't have the patience for PvP competition anymore. These days, the closest I come to playing against other people is Dark Souls.
>>
>>335460419

>work all day
>get home
>"I need a break. You watch the kid for a while."

How the hell does this work?
>>
>>335460419
Retard.
>>
>>335457030
>I play some single-player games no and then but I end up feeling lonely after just 1-2hrs of playing
find an IRL friend that will sit with you while you play single player games and talk about dumb bullshit
>>
>32
I have a cake accounting job that pays enough to live comfortable. Play Pokemon red/sapphire and the f2p Pokemon shit while at work. Sometimes some smtIV if the bosses are gone.

it's cool to play at work but it gets to the point where i don't want to play once I'm at home which is good I guess.
>>
>>335460419
Father as well. As your child gets closer to 1 year old, your life will ease up significantly. I've been there, and it gets better.
>>
>>335460269
i love the tactless attempt at ad hominem to conceal your lie. you werent hired, you clearly stated you were looking to be hired in the future, you did unpaid summer internship 1 year prior to finishing your degree, because your colleges pay those companies to play make-believe employees
all fucking colleges do this, dont try to pretend you know more about life than me, because you really honestly fucking don't.
you believed the bullshit, and now you get to pay for your student debt and struggle to get a job for years, good luck, faggot, you're already deluded yourself im sure youll go far in life, lol.
>>335460147
>LE OBLIGATORY REDDIT SHITPOST XDD!!!11
>>
>>335460824

>cake accounting job
>"yep, that's definitely a cake."
>>
>26
>no work experience
>studying game and media technology
>graduating in a year or so
And I don't even like vidya as much as I did anymore. The irony.

And I don't particularly feel like working in the vidya industry even if I could. Seems like hell.
Then again I'm sure I can get a job doing cool shit with graphics or something that's not video games. Right?
>>
>>335460991

Nice credentials there, hoss.
>>
>>335460675
Babies are pretty hard. Like I said, I've heard it gets easier, like this poster:
>>335460916
We're at 9 months right now. It's much better than it was before that's for sure but still not what I would call "fun". At least she sleeps regular hours. I don't expect it to get fun for me personally until about 4-5 years old when I can have real conversations with her. When she started crawling it was an interesting novelty but now it is more of an annoyance than anything since she gets into so much more trouble.
>>
That's not what oldfag means, you newfag.
>>
>>335461129
im not the delusional little kid who hasnt graduated talking about his "Guaranteed job" lol
you see so many fucking retarded kids saying that shit and believing allt he bullshit they were told
>>
>>335460991
>you clearly stated you were looking to be hired in the future
Nice reading comprehension. Go to bed.
>>
>>335460991
>dont try to pretend you know more about life than me, because you really honestly fucking don't

son, you're on 4chan. That's all I should NEED to say.
>>
I'm 35 and married. We have a rule about personal time. We each get a couple hours a day of time to ourselves free of any bitching of interruption from the other. So, I get to play some video games and she gets to watch stupid ass reality shows. Then, we are both happier, less stressed, and a whole lot less likely to get pissed off at each other. It really is simple. Make time for the things you enjoy or your whole life will be joyless.
>>
File: 1370257323210.jpg (87 KB, 627x576) Image search: [Google]
1370257323210.jpg
87 KB, 627x576
>>335451893

i only enjoyed a few games the last years.
one of them was witcher 3.
most games just suck and the older you get the less hype you feel because you know that games never are like they get advertised.
i don't work so i have much time for playing but it is just boring, games still suck.
maybe in 10-20 years gaming will improve.
ai still sucks and gameplay is always the same, there is nearly nothing new.
>>
>>335461140
I feel I should also mention that though the hours can be long my job is not very strenuous except on a very bad day. If it is a bad day then I get a baby exemption, but most of the time I'd rather just look after the baby so that I can bank the positive parenting points to spend when I have a bad day. I just embarked on 3 days off in a row so I can bank a lot of points during this time to spend when I go back to work.
>>
>>335459651
>Girlfriend
Check
>Married
Not going to, both don't need to we're practically married already
>Have kids?
Not going to, kids suck up time and money and you only get one life, she also has no interest in wrecking her puss, might adopt some day I guess.
>Got a house?
Yup, second house, used to own a small appartment but have since moved on to a nice two story house with plenty of rooms, even got my own gaymen room where I house all my gaming related stuff.

Pretty well off I'd say.
>>
>>335461197

You're just talking shit with nothing to back it up. lol
>>
Easily, just don't get a gf or family
>>
>>335451893
My stats
>26
>Wife since 4 years
>Cat and dog
>Kids soon (hopefully)
>Work 3 jobs for a total of 35 h/week

And I still manage to play vidya like 8 h+ every day, wife aint even bitching about it.

Life is working just fine, like for anyone else.
>>
>>335451893
>25 and soon to be 26
>3-5 games of Dota on a weekend.
>1-2 runs of Gungeon daily
>Random amount of investment in the new releases or old backlog games.
>SSDC and Clash Royale on the phone.
>The backlog keeps growing and growing.
>For instance installed GTA V only couple weeks ago.
>Still have to launch TW3 installed 5 months ago.
It became increasingly hard to play the "long investment" games. I try to keep up with the new releases to at least have a taste in them though. Shit's hard.
>>
>>335451893
>adult life

hhhhhhhhah
>>
File: 1459974686765.png (226 KB, 528x404) Image search: [Google]
1459974686765.png
226 KB, 528x404
>>335461403
>parents insist you were a blessing not a burden
>you know as soon as you were born they didn't have time for anything
>you unwittingly stole a majority of their time for your own dumb sorry ass
>you will never give back the time you stole from your parents
>>
>>335461426
>>Kids soon (hopefully)
Unless you have a very accommodating wife, you can kiss goodbye to those 8 hour sessions.
>>
>>335461314
>maybe in 10-20 years gaming will improve.
Why would it when people are giving more and more money for less and less game?
>>
>>335461582
If you're real unlucky she won't ever like fucking again, some women undergo serious hormonal changes pretty much killing their sex drive after giving birth
Probably because nature wants us to deliver kids quick and then stop before we get older and increase the odds of genetic defects and such
>>
I don't have an adult life.
>>
>>335451893
My average work day

>get up at 2020
>work from 2345 to 715
>hour+ break from 6-615 to 715 where I eat and take a short refresher nap to recharge for after-work
>get home around 740
>play vidya all morning and early afternoon until bedtime at 1530
It's fucking great honestly.

I'm 26 by the way my family-pie.
>>
>>335461540
Only the most retarded of people have children without at least some glimmer of knowledge that they are going to have to make sacrifices.

Having seen some people's kids though, I do feel sorry for them, due to their offspring being natural born assholes.
>>
>>335461320

R O F L

O

F

L
>>
Fuck off with the blogshit jesus christ
>>
28, I work like, 10-12 hours a day cause I'm a programmer in a start up. I still manage to play vidya and have a social life, no romance in sight though.
>>
>>335461343
>no kids because I need money for shit
>not ruinig her pus

Fucking degenerate.
>>
>26
>work parttime,doing a degree
>when I'm not studying or meeting friends I'm playing vidya
>skip some sleep if time is running short
Not that hard.
>>
>>335451893

i dont

sometimes
>>
>>335451893
>24
>old
26 here,
Don't work the slightest bit more than 40 hours a week. If you can find a stable 32 hour a week job that pays well enough, you're golden.
>>
>>335461824
My shift is almost the same but I get out at 0800 and get up at 2300. How do you stand 5 or less hours of sleep a day on top of it being ass backwards daytime sleep?
>>
File: oh yeah.jpg (191 KB, 849x941) Image search: [Google]
oh yeah.jpg
191 KB, 849x941
>>335451893
24 here
Vidya is really my only hobby right now and since i'm unenployed because i just came back from a exchange program, i don't have much else to do besides looking for a job and play vidya.
Fuck yeah, just this month iw as enjoying the hell of Battleborn beta, SF5 with some friends(because honestly, thak game fucking sucks even if you try playing online), Sleeping Dogs and ,surprisingly, Persona 4: Golden.

Honestly i don't have much going for right now besides waiting for college to start again, deal with my family's bullshit and cope with the fact that i might never leave the country ever again and i'll be stuck in here forever.

Shit, i miss living alone in Japan.
>>
>23
>graduated last year
>unemployed, finding a job has been a struggle
>degree isn't some bullshit social science or anything either
>have quality work experience also
>if I don't get this job this week it'll probably mentally break me

Still I don't play vidya all that much over the course of a year. Mainly just big spurts when something of quality comes out. Witcher 3, MGSV, XCOM 2 and Dark Souls 3 probably have a combined playtime of 200 hours so far. I mostly just watch Netflix when i'm home.
>>
25 here

moved away from pc and became a console casual

it's alright i guess, hoping to get an xbone if they release a slim version
>>
>>335463187
JUST
>>
>>335462459
My mis-type actually. I get up at 2220, not 2020. So I get just short of seven hours whilst I sneak another 30 mins in at work usually.

I like my days, it's like a 7/7/7 split of work/sleep/vidya. Works perfectly!
>>

Dont really enjoy games anymore, feels like im going through the motions. MGS V and DaS3 were fun though, i dont know what separates them from everything else.

I've been without a job since new year, but im about to become a marketing manager for a major phone company so my free time is about to be low.

I like video games, but recentally i dont really enjoy it, so i really feel like im wasting my life. I dont have any friends either. im not a nerd so i dont have an online life, but not cool enough to be a normie. so im stuck in this middle life.
>>
>>335463809
That sounds absolutely miserable, why do you even live? Why don't you just sell everything and go travel the world? Or if you're too retarded to enjoy anything in life anymore, sell everything and give it to me so that I can live a decent life instead.
>>
>>335464098
I'm quite well traveled, i wen to japan when i was 20 (boy, is that country overrated), the states, all over europe etc.

I got a girl that's cool so i go out with her friends from time to time. im not really 100% happy with that relationship either. someone said i might be depressed but i dunno how that works.
>>
>>335464389
Here's how it works: you have a life that's way too good for your mental capabilities, so instead of being creative and doing awesome things, you get bored because you're literally too stupid for what you have.
>>
>>335464501
the job is too easy actually...
>>
File: sdgf.png (243 KB, 578x555) Image search: [Google]
sdgf.png
243 KB, 578x555
193 IQ here, while I'm about as old as much of you I consider myself more mature than most people

There's nothing to balance when you and your bf are both NEETs :^)

I don't really find most games fun anymore besides bullet hells, competitive shit, and souls games (although I think 3 killed that for me, extremely shallow compared to BB and DS1)

Personally I think the gaming industry is too saturated to be interesting anymore. Occasionally you'll get a niche gem but 99% of it is uninspired garbage made and loved by literal autists, college/high school dropouts, and degenerates and offer nothing thought provoking.

The only reason I still play is because I want to attempt the esports meme :^)
>>
>>335464389
>I'm quite well traveled, i wen to japan when i was 20 (boy, is that country overrated)

Same guy from here>>335463002

I miss living in there simply because i had a place of my own but i have to agree, that country is extremely overrated
>>
>>335464389
>i wen to japan when i was 20 (boy, is that country overrated)
Do you know Japanese? I've been living here for a year so far and I'm loving it.

It probably is a case of expectations though, I didn't expect it to be some magical place where anime is real (that said seeing the school uniforms and visiting onsen etc does make it feel a bit real, but that'll be because those aspects of anime are based on real life here anyway).
>>
>>335464618
>I want to attempt the esports meme :^)
This is how I can tell you're actually 2 digit IQ subhuman.
Everyone doing esports should just be hanged.
>>
File: 1459556556774.png (224 KB, 486x562) Image search: [Google]
1459556556774.png
224 KB, 486x562
>>335464727
I just enjoy the high from winning, Anon.

Plus once you get your name known there are so many more possibilities available to you. :^)
>>
>>335464618

I think you may have added an extra digit to your IQ
Which would explain your bf and "esport" interest, as in you are a female who wants to stream her tits while playing LoL.
>>
File: image.jpg (144 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
144 KB, 800x600
>>335451893

I'm 24. I only work two days a week so plenty of time for video games due to the high wages in my country. My gf also works 2 days a week so together we can easily pay for food and rent, as well as video games and beer etc.

We play games together, now its Mass Effect. Currently on ME2.
>>
What's the point of having children anyway.
Imagine all the money, time and energy you could save by not having them.
>>
24+ is the definition of "older" now? Get the fuck out.
>>
>>335464621
I'm sure you'll get your own place when you get a job.
>>335464656
I knew some basic and could take care of myself. I dont know what i expected but as the weaboo nerd most of us were/are i think i expected something crazy when in in the end it was just a cool country with a funny culture.
>>
>>335464904

switzerland pls go
>>
>>335451893
>Old

You're newfags that happen to grow up a little.
>>
>>335465000

Norway, but I bet it goes for Switzerland too
>>
I play almost exclusively old (pre-1995) games because new games are shit. And yes, I play a lot of old games.
>>
>>335451893
24 here. Neet. Have all the time in the world to play vidya, but seeing friends move on with their lives and dealing with daily depression kinda takes the fun out of it.

I'm considering meds / anhero.
>>
>>335464978
>I'm sure you'll get your own place when you get a job.

Probably not since my family has a huge ass debt they need to pay and it will take a while to pay for it.

I do plan to have my own car though. Having to rely on publi transport around here is not very safe and rides from my parents usually ends with me wasting 5 hours having to follow my mom around.
>>
>>335459651
If you have a girlfriend you're a beta loser. The LAST thing you should ever voluntarily subject yourself to is a girlfriend.
>>
>>335465325
are you gonna help your family? or else u could rent something
>>
>>335465402
i got to. I mean, they have money problems but they are my family. I just wished they had more care with money ingeneral, they already got all my savings twice.
>>
>>335465137

Getting a job will have temporarily, use that boost to branch out a little, make friends and shit.
It was like that for me but I didn't make use of it at all, Now I live NEET life with a paycheck and its not much better.
>>
>>335457768
>married with two kids

What country allows you to marry children?
>>
>this thread

Consider this: We are the first generation in HISTORY to be poorer than our parents without a war causing that poverty.
>>
I don't. I work 70+ hrs a week and am too tired when I get home to play video games. I live my gamer life through twitch streamers now by getting drunk, chillin in chats, and passing out in my chair or on my couch.

I miss playing mario party with my friends all through the night.
>>
File: 1265003050603.jpg (28 KB, 249x362) Image search: [Google]
1265003050603.jpg
28 KB, 249x362
29, 30 in a couple months.

Play tons of DotA 2, and other games while going to school full time. Wife and I watch lots of wrestling and have fun times.

Please get your depression treated if you aren't living the life you want.
>>
>>335466160
Sucks to be you, we actually had a war in my country!
>>
>>335465836
Middle East, Africa and also Europe, if you're a Muslim. Technically not legal in last place, but it's not like "authorities" have any power in mostly Muslim areas, and Sharia law that rules there, does not consider it crime.
>>
>>335466186
I worked 65 hours a week (plus Sunday from time to time), and found out I'm making mistake of cutting down my sleep to play more.
In result instead of playing games, I was sitting in chair and wasting time on /v/ and youtube, because I was too tired to concentrate on game.
>>
>>335451893
24 here

Balancing it between uni and work. I still get to play a fair amount even with seeing gf too.

Just say goodbye to those marathon day/night sessions.
>>
I'm 27, 28 next month. Still live with my parents and I work nights in a grocery store. I pretty much just play games all day after I get home and take a nap.
>>
File: 1460948971944.jpg (83 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1460948971944.jpg
83 KB, 720x960
I turn 20 in a few months and that scares me
>>
>>335467416

It should, time will start going by so fast you won't have time to realize it.
>>
File: Icecream every day.png (79 KB, 188x179) Image search: [Google]
Icecream every day.png
79 KB, 188x179
>>335467416
I turn 20 next year and I already feel too old. It's as if quality of everything just kind of plunged down and it's not going up anytime soon.
>>
>>335451893
Balancing working, socializing, and all that adult shits with vidya is easy. Add chan and it become hard.
Leave this accursed place now.
>>
>>335460419
no offense but this sounds awful, it's like you're a slave.

sometimes i feel like i should be more social and have gf but if this is what i'm going to become i'd rather be alone for the rest of my life

it's like you have to give up on life to become a family man
>>
29 year old, soon-to-be-wizard here. I still with my mother not necessarily because I made bad choices. I just have no idea what I wanted to pursue as a career and basically am stuck between a rock and a hard place because now I'm 29 with no job prospects.

I blame the city I live in. Place is a shit hole. Apparently we're the number one growing city in the midwest but that means fuck all in this economy.

Don't really need to balance vidya with actual responsibilities because I don't have any of the latter. Feels bad man.
>>
>>335467473

Holy shit this. I'm 24 and it feels like I was 20 just last year. I want off this ride.
>>
File: tfw.png (160 KB, 210x519) Image search: [Google]
tfw.png
160 KB, 210x519
>27
>wife and I are trying to buy a house
>work an hour away
>work 4 hours, lunch break, then 4 more hours
>after an hour to work, 9 hours there and an hour back, I am out of the house for 11 hours a day
>need to get 8 hours of sleep a night on average due to medical reason
>Have dinner with wife for an hour every night
>after all is said and done, I'm tired as fuck and have 3 hours of free time, most of which is spent house hunting
Life is suffering.

Friday night and Saturday are my only reprieve.
>>
>>335467868
Same here, the only difference is that I'm 23 and I live on Rio de Janeiro, I can't get motivated on this shit hole.
>>
File: new pohone ptoots 003.png (71 KB, 540x348) Image search: [Google]
new pohone ptoots 003.png
71 KB, 540x348
>>335467604
fuck I thought I was young, but i'm turning 21 next year. I guess I've been on this place since I was 14 though
>and it still shit
also that means you guys used to be the little kids in the grade below me, fuck
>>
>>335468114
rio is big as fuck, if you can't get any motivation there it's pretty much your fault. that anon seems to live in a tiny place in the middle of nowhere (though he could have moved out) so it serves as an excuse
>>
>>335468615
You are probably right, I'm just making a excuse, i really don't know what to do with my life. I planned suicide a couple of times but I always think how my mother would feel.
At least videogames keeps my mind busy.
>>
>>335452195
I left my house at the age of 16, then I got called to come back by the age of 18 for a couple of months, and once again when I was I'm 21, been here since then (26 atm)..
I saved 3 lives since January. I find it hard to believe people would me dead without me.
>>
>>335467868
>>335467868
i know how it feels mate. I'm 24 and i ned to finsih collge, but to do that i need to finish my TCC and get a job as an intern. Nobody is hiring right now.
>>
>>335451893
i don't
Not really
>>
>>335451893
25+ here

full-time high salary job, 9~5 work weeks
300+ hours logged on Xenoblade X

It's really about your prioritization. That's not to say you shouldn't take breaks. But if you the the type of person who's always out on weekends, it will be difficult.
>>
I have job but no social life so there's plenty of time for videogames. But I don't make long sessions anymore and think that vidya takes too much of already sparse free time
>>
>turning 27 in a few months

Moved-in with fiancée and am living with her in her parent's basement. It's not ideal but we're trying to save cash for our own house.

Vidya time plummeted hard when I moved there. 2 weeks ago, we bought a dog and now I have even less time for vidya. I work for VIA Rail and am on the road a lot, but it also means I have the weirdest days off.

Some weeks, I can cover myself in Cheetos and not wear pants until someone gets home. Some weeks, I have to fantasize until the next time I can turn my PC or a console on.

Shit really sucks, sometimes.

>the making way above average bux for my generation but am dead inside
>>
>>335468180
Nigga wait till you're 26 like me and feeling those same feels. You guys were in middle school when I was on /v/

I'm not even one of the oldest ones here, must feel even stranger for older anons
>>
>>335470048
why on earth would you get a dog
>>
>>335470361
If you've ever had a dog you'd understand why

They're a more loyal companion than any person could ever be
>>
>>335451893
I don't care to even play anymore at 28, i'd rather be working or playing with my car. I can't even find any casual or good story driven games that I can play for more than 15 minutes.

It's really frustrating but freeing at the same time.
>>
I don't balance it, I use video games as an unhealthy means of escape and put too much time into them
Yes
>>
>>335470467
i mean why would you get a dog when you dont even have your own place yet?
>>
>>335470361
It was a decision made by her and her familia. I mean, I love dogs too but the responsibility falls on me too much strictly because my hours are whack.

Believe me, I felt buyers remorse like you wouldn't believe.

Today, I came the closest I've been to killing Nameless King but the new dog started to bully the older, full-of-anxiety dog. I had to put the controller down and just die, both in-game and mentally.

I just wanna play video game...
>>
>>335470261
i dont wanna think that senpai, lifes too big and shit
like finding a wife and kids and a house and a career? im just some uni kid who lifts weights and plays vidya.
>>
>>335459816
That's because you had a kid dipshit

You have loads of free time and cash in a relationship provided you don't fuck up and have a child
>>
>>335470714
fuck my name was still here from another thread
>>
>>335452195
>Normal people move out from their parents at 18 and are well established at 24
Friendly reminder that moving out young is something that's only happened for about 20 years in all of human history

People are reverting back to living at home longer is reflective of what is now "normal"
This has little to do with the person and everything to do with the employment and housing markets where they liv
>>
>>335470467
But you don't even have a house, dude. Why not wait for an ideal living situation then get a dog?
>>
>>335467416
>>335467473
>Almost 23
>Still remember my 16th birthday as if it was yesterday
I actually sometimes forget how old I am and think that I'm still 17 or 18.
>>
>>335452264
Moved out when i was 15 to attend upper secondary.
>>
File: 1401658956836.png (686 KB, 740x591) Image search: [Google]
1401658956836.png
686 KB, 740x591
>>335452713
>I was a foster kid
You didn't move out. You were never in.
>>
>>335455604
>You mean your wife had a kid
Dose jok3s m80s! ;^)
>>
>>335471026
Wasn't solely my choice. I'm adapting. It's good practice for when we have kids as I'm seeing what it's like to have zero time for hobbies.

I used to play Fantasy competitively and 40k casually. I can't tell you the last time I even played a game.

Heed my warning, buckeroos; you can't have a normal life and abnormal hobbies. No matter what, you have to sacrifice one and you'll always be unhappy.
>>
File: 1460398733878.png (124 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1460398733878.png
124 KB, 500x500
>graduate from university in less than 2 weeks
>absolutely unreal amount of student loan debt
>still going to live with parents for a few years
>havent gotten calls back from any of the places i applied to

I'm sitting here worrying that I'm going to end up a deadbeat who no one will hire, and Sallie Mae is going to come knocking on my door, wondering where their money is.
>>
File: 1459804233641.png (172 KB, 367x319) Image search: [Google]
1459804233641.png
172 KB, 367x319
>>335467604
>I turn 20 next year
>I already feel too old
nigga you were born in fucking 1997
you're literally young enough to be my kid
you're not old, you a literal fucking child
>>
>>335470261
You're average age for /vr/. Go over there and ask about age. I'd bet 10% of that board is over 30.
>>
>>335471397
No doubt, the cut off for retro over there is PS1/N64 era so you'd have to be around my age or older to have played that era as a kid and have nostalgia for it
>>
>>335467416
>>335467604

Don't worry anons, because it actually gets worse from here on.
>>
File: IMG_20160425_210205.jpg (434 KB, 899x983) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160425_210205.jpg
434 KB, 899x983
>>335451893
26 here. Nowadays I only play at night and weekends when I feel like it.
>>
24 here. Will be 25 in December
I'm full-on NEET. Suffering from depression for nearly 10 years and never worked a day in my life.
I don't think I've truly enjoyed a game for quite some time now. I mostly play to distract myself from my problems.
>>
By obsessively playing until whatever other responsibilities I have become absolutely necessary or overdue. My college grades are pretty much A with a negative modifier of how many hours I wanted to play everyday.

Luckily my fiance finds my gameplaying habits annoying but respects that I have hobbies.
>>
>>335451893
I'm single. No kids, Two jobs. I got money and free some time.
>>
>>335451893
I'm turning 26 and want to die
>>
>>335471342
>abnormal hobbies

Like?
>>
>>335451893
I'm single, so I masturbate to 2D waifus and lack both the maturity or the personality to get a real girlfriend. I'm taking college classes and getting financial aid on the side from that, while working a part time day job as a cashier at a supermarket. I live with a room mate in a two-bedroom apartment and we're both gamers with other gamer friends in real life, so we host LAN parties on the weekends sometimes and also do table-top RPG stuff.

Honestly, I'm your stereotypical /tg/ neckbeard (although, I do shave, and I'm not overweight)

I'm 32 btw. I've been on 4chan since the dinosaurs created it.
>>
>25
>graduated a few years back then applied to be a pilot with military while I worked a shit job
>finally got in
>2 months into basic realise this career will totally shred my relationship since we can't do long distance in this kind of environment
>bail
Now I'm unemployed, looking at summer courses to get my CGPA up for law school. So I have lots of free time
and my fair share of regrets
>>
File: Why.jpg (46 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
Why.jpg
46 KB, 500x370
>>335460032
Try something new dammit.
>>
>>335472164
Video games and warhammer.

They may not seem like it but normies (actual normies, not CoD dudebros) look at those things like children's activities.

Why do you thing The Big Bang Theory got so huge?
>>
>>335452934
Isaac?
>>
Please explain how anyone can browse this shitty imageboard for more than a couple of years and not get terribly bored of it.
I've barely been around for 4 years and the sheer repetitiveness and banality of it all has reduced my browsing habits to basically 40 minutes of mild lurking per day. Even when I do come here, all I find is retards who are so obviously underage.
There is no value here. It's not informative. Meme-spouting teenagers make it painfully unfunny. With full anonymity, any sense of comradeship or community you might get here is just an illusion. It's a terrible, terrible waste of time that only someone who's experiencing for the first time in his life might find entertaining.

I mean, just what kind of drooling retard finds something as dumb as the word "JUST" written with spaces between letters funny? How fucking mentally deficient must he be to continue to find it funny month after month, year after year? What's the fucking point of all that? We used to make fun of 9gag and Reddit for being stupid cunts who keep unfunny shit alive for years purely because it's le meme, but apparently nowadays you can do just the same on 4chan and that's what passes for content here.
I simply refuse to believe anyone over the age of 25 still uses this site.
>>
>>335472701
There's always something "new" to read. It's like mindlessly scrolling through a Facebook feed for me, except I prefer it since it's not all reposts of memes reposted by another page who reposted it (I said it's not ALL) and I have the option of a few boards to do so on, mostly here, occasionally /co/, and /gd/ and /toy/ now and then.
>>
>>335470048
Thats cool bro, can you get me a job with VIA rail?
>>
>>335472985
Do you speak French? It's mandatory.
>>
>>335472701
It's pretty simple.

You learn to mentally filter out those posts or you burn out and leave.

It helps if you increase the speed of your mouse scroll wheel so you can just blow through threads that are full of shitposts and have nothing you find relevant to read.
>>
>>335473080
This. I don't even see the porn anymore. Try explaining waifushit to normies looking over your shoulder, though. That's uncomfortable.
>>
24 here
my adult life is pretty boring
not really
>>
>>335451893
More than you'd think. Also, 24 is not "older".
Moderation, like with everything.
Of course. I may not enjoy the same types of games I used to, but I still love the medium.
>>
>>335473204
>normies
Fuck off reddit
>>
File: 1411069692889.jpg (442 KB, 1600x1558) Image search: [Google]
1411069692889.jpg
442 KB, 1600x1558
These threads always make me feel a little better about my own situation.
It makes me realise that I'm not the only faggot who's too lazy to man up and fix his life.
>>
File: wallhaven-9357.jpg (275 KB, 1600x1018) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-9357.jpg
275 KB, 1600x1018
27. I have an engineering job I work 8am-5pm M-F. I live with my gf who is a singer/actress so I usually see her in the morning but only for an hour in the afternoon. I like to game 6-10pm on weekdays, and usually all day on the weekends if I'm busy or working out.

When she doesn't have a show or a gig she hangs out with me. Some days she wants me to not game so we can spend time together, but she knows I'm great at it, I'm playing with family or friends online, and I just made a twitch channel for fun.

She entered the relationship knowing I like to game and it's futile to try to change me. I've played video games since I was 3 or 4, and it's just where I thrive. I work hard, I work out, and I game. It's just the best hobby there is.
>>
>>335472701
Because I lurk a dozen boards, so there's usually something I find interesting at any point. Also, you get acclimated to the shitposts. They stop bothering you after a while.
>>
>>335472701
It's fast, and there's always something to find in the catalog, since threads get bumped off and made anew all the time. And failing that, you can always just browse for pictures of cute anime grills or amusing shitposts to while your time away.

/vg/ is fucking cancer, though. Same shit all the time, with tripfag circlejerk to sour it even further.
>>
>>335451893
I just play whenever I have the desire to
>>
> 23
> internship as "part time job" for 20h a week every single morning
> university classes every single afternoon
> live with my parents and that isn't unfortunately changing anytime soon because lol prices
> play some vydia for 2 or 3 hours almost everyday when I don't have to do university stuff
>>
Just turned 29 on Friday, and toss me in as one more "life just never got started" fellow. Still live at home, never had a relationship, work nights, and don't really interact with anyone anymore, which is generally fine by me. I usually wake as regular people are packing it in, and go to bed as people eat lunch. I'm generally too exhausted after work to really focus on playing games. I attempt to on my nights off, but generally, I just forget or am pre-occupied with something else. I'd love to at least move out, but rent in even the stabbier parts of town are beyond my income range, and I lack the career skills (not to mention networking ability) to pursue employment in a location that would allow me to move.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 72

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.