[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's discuss the real Dark Souls people. Invasions. Not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 100
File: 022781.jpg (291 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
022781.jpg
291 KB, 1920x1080
Let's discuss the real Dark Souls people. Invasions. Not that "muh honor" shit.

>Have you fucked up another person's play?
>How bad did you do it?
>Did you get summoned to a world where the host had 3 retards with him? You got fucked didn't you.
>What weapons did you use to murder them?
>Why the fuck does Watchdogs take too long to fucking summon me against other players?
>>
>>335198579
>Did you get summoned to a world where the host had 3 retards with him?

Every invasion, i need to find a solution to win these 90% scenarios.
>>
>>335198779
Patience and the ghosty ring
>>
>>335198579
>Best STR invasion weapons:
Maracas (low level)
BKGA
Gundyr's Halberd

>Best DEX invasion weapons
Warden's Twinblades
Bestoc
>>
>>335198579
>Did you get summoned to a world where the host had 3 retards with him? You got fucked didn't you.
Sometimes I get rekt. But when I do won it was one of the most satisfying shit ever.
Been using FUGS on right, dark sword on left and a bow. FUGS for moping ganksquad and dead angle. Dark sword for chugging faggots and rolling bow for that unexpected situation since I usually save this badboy when the guy is on the verge of dying.
>Why the fuck does Watchdogs take too long to fucking summon me against other players?
Ideal level to get summoned is around 20-30.
>>
File: david jaffe is unenthused.jpg (234 KB, 724x724) Image search: [Google]
david jaffe is unenthused.jpg
234 KB, 724x724
>invade
>get absolutely and mercilessly destroyed by 2 phantoms trading blows in tandem, stun locking my shit until dead
>invade
>get stunlocked to death by 2 phantoms
>invade
>host just runs around until 2 dorkmoons invade and ruthlessly wreck my shit
>invade
>kill one phantom, host summons another
>another dorkmoon invades
>kill another phantom
>fuck this shit
>make a dash for the host pussying out behind everything
>get wrecked by 3 people
>invade
>host and 2 phantoms just hiding in a narrow path to the Farron bonfire
>nope
>run off
>they chase
>hide behind the big-dick beast with the tree stump
>they run off
>chase silver knight phantom
>dude instantaneously parries me
>1 shot halberd riposte
>invade
>same dude
>roll into a stab attack
>same motherfucker parries me on the spot and 1 shot ripostes me
>invade
>wrecked by 3 people as soon as I'm able to move

Not having much fun PvP'ing so far. I win maybe 1 out of 10 invasions, wherein the other 9 I get ruthelessly triple-dicked by the host and his 2 phantoms / sentinels.

On top of that, everyone's using spears or long-reach weapons, making my Lothric Sword useless.

Also positively sure people are using that fucking parry hack again. I've had some absolutely insanely impossible parries pulled off on me. One including me dropping off a cliff, rolling into a stab, and getting parried right as the host spins around to face me.
>>
File: 1460974251057.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1460974251057.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>ha ha! time for invasions

fug
>>
>>335199821

>9 out of 10 invasions
>DS2 pvp ruined by SM
>DS3 pvp ruins by 3v1 gank squads in favor of hosts

Can't even get mad either. Just sigh in disappointment as you wait to spawn so you can red-eye your way into another bukake-fest.
>>
>>335198579
I have over 100 pale tongue's stacked up
I use the hollow dual katans with bleed resin and invade end game areas. beat gankers all the time
>>
>>335199660

I've had some pretty retarded parries pulled off, but from what I've heard, DS3 is pretty good at detecting 3rd party software and dealing with hackers pretty promptly.

Was wrecking a host and his phantom with another red, phantom randly 180s to me and just instantly parries my attack and then kills me. Had to be a lucky parry.
>>
>invading in Anor Londo
>three motherfuckers and another red phantom
>red phantom is being backstabbed to death by the time I reach the top of the stairs
>run past everyone to the elevating staircase
>start pulling the lever, nobody can hit me because the animation
The combination of the rotating floor and them swing makes them all fall off of the stairs and lose almost all their health
>drop and kill all three with a plunging attack before they recover from the fall damage animation
>toast emote.

other than that I just put my poison resistant set on and throw a bunch of shit at people.
>>
>>335199975
Aren't Katanas kinda useless right now because of Straight swords?
>>
File: 1439874840556.jpg (112 KB, 850x640) Image search: [Google]
1439874840556.jpg
112 KB, 850x640
>Invaded in Farron by Not-Ornstien
>Fucker spawned in an inch off to my left
>Lucky I didn't flip out right there
>Decide to play nice since I'm not a phantom summoning addict
>Proceed to get hit by lag spear 4 times in a row and die

I'm not cut out for invasions.
>>
>>335200863

A lot of things are. Straightswords aren't impossible to deal with, just really FUCKING annoying. If you get hit, you're garunteed to eat another 1-2 hits following that first hit, and then you'[re usually sitting at 15-25% HP left and have to either chug or just say fuck it and let the bullshit roll over.

I've given a few people the fight because I just got tired of dodging longsword spam without even being able to get much of a hit in, and was more worried about just moving on through the area than dealing with invaders.
>>
Currently using
>Great Corvian Scythe
>Composite Bow
>Manikin Claws/ Notched Whip

Small shield for parries, sometimes a Painted Guardian Sword

Most of the time I just annoy phantoms or gankers by bleeding them out repeatedly to waste their estus and even get some hits in while they chug.

I can usually destroy the trash players but good ones that do coordinated ganks are really tough sometimes.
>>
File: Summon more.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Summon more.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>
>host summons me through red sign
>acts like a smug champion
>starts chugging estus when they realize they're losing
is there any better way to look like a bitch?
>>
Straightswords just need their stagger reduced to every other hit or so instead of every hit.

Best way to fix them, really.
>>
File: You tried Part 1.webm (3 MB, 711x400) Image search: [Google]
You tried Part 1.webm
3 MB, 711x400
>>335201201
As a note for this one webm

>invade
>host was at bonfire with 2 others
>wouldn't leave
>I left for the bridge
>Host sat at bonfire for 15 minutes
>he brought in 7 phantoms
>6 of them left
>the last one followed him and died at the tunnel
I was in his world for 23 minutes.
>>
>>335201217

Yeah it's the stunlocking thats the problem. Just isn't fun to fight against. They'll have their insane speed for their reach.

I can't parry in this game either. Get 95% in the other souls games but in this one you have to sort of wait until they hit you.
>>
>>335201217
Actually that would be a very good solution. I don't want a big nerf really.
>>
File: 450-gdwlcf.jpg (22 KB, 449x300) Image search: [Google]
450-gdwlcf.jpg
22 KB, 449x300
>invade in archives
>see host has two phantoms
>fuck this, run away and climb the big ladder
>they are all chasing me up the ladder
>get to the very top
>kick off first phantom
>dies instantly when he hits the ground
>do the same thing to the second phantom
>keking intensifies
>the host tries to slide down but i catch him and stun lock him with kicks
>falls but doesn't die
>jump off ladder and kill him with a plunging attack
fuckers would have ganked me, but in the gates of Thermopylae, numbers count for nothing
>>
File: You tried Part 2.webm (3 MB, 533x300) Image search: [Google]
You tried Part 2.webm
3 MB, 533x300
>>335201318
>>
>Chameleon
>host uses giant seed

JOKE'S ON YOU NIGGER
>>
>>335201318
>>335201201

I remember you saying last night the guy just kept chicken-shitting and summoning people until you finally got him.

ALmost every other world I invade is some faggot hiding behind a bunch of phantoms and running off.

PvP in 3 is probably the most unfun and infuriating shit I've experienced of all Souls games.
>>
>>335201194
Is bleed good if you haven't touched luck? Thinking of making a bleed corvian great knife. Thing attacks wicked fast and range isn't abbysmal for a dagger.
>>
>>335201318
I never would have thought that watching people pussy foot this hard in Souls games would annoy me.

Like fuck, the bonfire in that case isn't very far away at all either.
Grow some stones and run in fuckers.
>>
>>335198579
>Go to the bonfire at Pontiff
>Wait by the Anor Londo Silver Knights with great bows
>Use young tree branch
>Wait for fuckers to try and run by and smack em
>No one every makes it up
>One time a guy got so bored looking for me he literally just killed himself before making it to me
O-ok
>>
Are greatshields viable in PvP? I pirated but Im gonna buy soon. I like yhorms shield a lot but how good is it actually?
>>
>>335201423
I had another fight last night that I the guy kept summoning his friends (same names over and over) I killed 9 phantoms in the world, and the host wouldn't come any closer. He sat on the edge before you could drop down to the stone bridge, He killed all the bones and ran back the the bonfire.

Seriously, 9 fucking phantoms.

>>335201538
It happens all the time, I've gotten to the point I make the environment as painful as possible for them.
>>
File: 20160422174950_1.jpg (479 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160422174950_1.jpg
479 KB, 1920x1080
Aldrich faithful is fun enough.

At least we can counter gank the gank squads.
>>
File: 1440128651762.jpg (30 KB, 253x316) Image search: [Google]
1440128651762.jpg
30 KB, 253x316
>>335201345

Yeah same here. I've never been good at parrying, even after practicing for ever.

Most of my parries have followed eating a hit or two prior.

I mean, I use a Lothric Knight Sword, so I'm a LS fag as well, but fighting other LS fags has given me the insight to experience personally how utterly fucking frustrating and exhausting it is fighting someone with a LS.

What's worse though is most don't even utilize weapon arts or any tactile methods. Just rush right in flailing around trying to wombo you. I've pulled off some great arts kills, but gotta be careful because they're easy as shit to parry. Throws people off sometimes though because they don't expect you to even bother going 2H and womping them with the L2-R1 slash.
>>
>>335199660
>invade
>host has two phantoms
>wreck their shit and go to work on the host
>starts healing like the fist of the north star once he realizes he's losing
>summon two more phantoms
>kill one while damaging the host
>remaining phantom backstabs me as I'm about to kill the host
I'm still salty, that kill should have been mine.
>>
>playing 3 person coop
>host has me and a purple
>when host is not looking or busy the purple guy would take a hit on me
What do I do?
>>
>>335201485
It's decent to ok without luck investment. If you're against bad players, it's fun to see them panic but any decent player will probably parry you if you aren't too careful or get reckless.
>>
>>335201194
I guarantee you're not destroying anyone decent with those weapons. Respect for playing with what's fun for you, but reapers are really, really fucking bad right now and whips aren't that far behind.

Reapers are literally straight swords with a shittier, slower moveset, less range, and a more useless weapon art. They were pretty bad in DS2 outside of the Scythe of Want, but what they've done to them in 3 (along with fist weapons) is flat out shameful.

>>335201485
Bleed doesn't scale incredibly well with Luck, but it's decent. Basically you want enough Luck to bleed on a full combo versus someone with moderate bleed resist (using Carthus Rouge of course). Usually that's around ~36 Bleed but it depends on the weapon and their armor. You could use a bleed build without Luck but I wouldn't expect bleed to be a large component of your damage.
>>
>>335201485

I went up to 30 luck with my katanas and had a few instant-bleed attacks that wrecked people. Went into a group of phantoms vs invaders at one invasion and just bled both the host and his 2 phantoms dead in seconds.
>>
>>335201570
Greatshields are broken with poke weapons (usually spears and thrusting swords). The guardbreak is shit and both takes too long to go off and doesn't actually guardbreak large shields anymore. So you can literally turtle behind a greatshield, wait for them to attempt an attack, and instantly poke them twice with an undodgable attack
>>
>trying to ruin someones game
> getting ganked

the guilty pay the price
>>
File: office_space_18.png (1 MB, 1399x787) Image search: [Google]
office_space_18.png
1 MB, 1399x787
Yeeeeeeeeeeeah I'm gonna have to go ahead and ask you guys to post all of your DS3 invasion webm's...
>>
>>335201626
Good sir, what weapon is that?
>>
File: 1446994428635.png (170 KB, 419x403) Image search: [Google]
1446994428635.png
170 KB, 419x403
>invade as a purple
>wait for them to get near some mobs
>hunter charm, kunai knives, rope bombs, poison mist
>end it with chaos pillar

Feels good being purple.

>tfw you get summoned in the catacombs and you lead people into traps on purpose
>tfw leading hosts towards the lower portion of ithryl
>>
File: 1438791689409.png (91 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1438791689409.png
91 KB, 500x500
>>335201608
I mean, I just don't get the point.

If you're so worried about losing souls, warp out and spend them.
If you're worried about being invaded, just don't go embered.
If you're so shit you can't even reach a boss alone, get fucking better.

I mean, I guess I understand wanting to co-op with friends, but then half the fun is taking the good with the bad in that case.
And you still lose nothing if you die.
>>
File: 1333834184049.jpg (234 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1333834184049.jpg
234 KB, 450x450
The only "true" invasions. Duels are nice for weapon/parry practice and that's it.

Embrace the chaos, prune the weak, become the dickwraith.
>>
>>335201904
Carthus Curved sword. From the Skeletons in the catacombs. There's actually a really good place to farm them right at the first bonfire in there near the rolling skeleton ball. There are two of them right near it.

It's very fast and has great range for a curved sword. It also has a normal kick instead of a shitty backflip.
>>
>>335201886
>being shit at the game
>not learning from defeat
>thinking hiding behind phantoms will stop me
>>
File: Helping as a white ghost.webm (3 MB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
Helping as a white ghost.webm
3 MB, 720x405
>>
File: 1397053580200.gif (2 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1397053580200.gif
2 MB, 300x225
>mfw hosts disconnect right before I kill them
>when they're at a fucking bonfire
What the fuck is wrong with some people?
>>
>>335198579
Yeah.
>How bad?
Medium
>3 retards?
Sometimes I get turbo fucked, other times I manage to take them down. I try to put up as much resistance as possible, no matter the outcome.
>What weapons?
Caestus. Call them shit if you want, but the running L1 is godly for pursuing healing/shielding niggas, and the poise+jojo game is pretty sweet. I've managed to kill both phantoms in an L1 combo before moving on to the host.
>>
File: 0 (2).png (214 KB, 625x475) Image search: [Google]
0 (2).png
214 KB, 625x475
I'm using a halberd atm and doing pretty ok in PVP, maybe 1 in 5 loss ratio, however the one thing I have problems with is parry fishers.

Is it possible to go anything to counter them with a halberd or are every single one of its moves parryable?
>>
Is it me or do you trade hits a fucking LOT in this game? Plus rolling out of one attack gets you hit by the follow up. That and magic being absolute junk is hurting my urge to keep playing my new pyromancer
>>
File: 1461246116707.jpg (53 KB, 640x620) Image search: [Google]
1461246116707.jpg
53 KB, 640x620
>ITT: t. Invader Salt

>it's another "Invader whines that he can't be an asshole and says its unfair to play co-op with friends or that its cheap to heal" episode
>>
>invade
>get rolled by the goonsquad the instant I find them
>they all bow afterwards

WHY MUST THEY DID THIS?
IT MAKES ME SO FUCKING MAD THAT WASN'T A DUEL, THAT WASN'T ANYTHING OTHER THAN THREE PEOPLE WALKING AT ME AND MASHING RIGHT BUMPER
>>
I actually manage to take out two in a 1v4 but then I fell to r1 spam. I think it was a bad idea giving invasion priority to hosts with many phantoms, instead of just invaded hosts with many phantoms. Now it just fucks up invasions instead of adding risk to summoning an army.
>>
>>335202225
Jump attacks.
Charged r2s.
>>
File: 1395086125963.png (367 KB, 384x800) Image search: [Google]
1395086125963.png
367 KB, 384x800
>Grape Invade
>Hide until more phantoms show
>Poison/Toxic/Acid clouds everywhere
>run into the fray and spam Sacred Flame, Chaos Firestorms, grabbing people and exploding them indiscriminately
>>
>>335202041
>Get invaded the moment I beat Ancient Wyvern
>Like couldn't even sit down at the bonfire a couple steps away
>Walk into the main room
>See some guy warp in like a normal invasion
>Oh, it's him!
>Go to hit it
>Mid-swing I realize it's not a phantom and it doesn't have a name
>Oh no
>Phantom leaps out from behind and puts me in a fuck sandwich

On one hand I was mad since the guy was a Katanafag, but on the other I was laughing because it was pretty funny all around.
>>
File: You were indicted.gif (262 KB, 441x228) Image search: [Google]
You were indicted.gif
262 KB, 441x228
>>335198579
>Joke invade in the catherdral with my fists
>Its a 3-man squad
>Book it to the sluice with my ghost ring
>As they charge across so do I
>Running punch the first phantom, falls to his death
>Lucky parry the 2nd and kick him off
>Host starts running
>Runs to Rosa's fog door
>Gets gangrapped by the grubs
>Backs off to get a sippy quickly
>Bumrush and punch him for his last 6 HP
>Spam HEY! on his corpse
Best place to invade so far
>>
File: 345.jpg (31 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
345.jpg
31 KB, 600x338
>>335202254
>>
>>335202225
Learn to bait them. Parry spammers are a joke. Most of the time I sprint at them and once I get a close enough distance they parry, then boom I go for the kill.
>>
>>335202153
>put up as much resistance as possible
While this is neat, killing yourself is a better final fuck you I think.
>>
File: dank1.webm (2 MB, 1080x608) Image search: [Google]
dank1.webm
2 MB, 1080x608
>>
pvp in souls was a mistake.
>>
>be a dick
>surprised people dont like you and gang up on you
You brought this on yourself

Go duel
>>
>cant find the host and his phantoms
>call in an elevator
>3 niggers come running out of it shank me and mug my souls
just another day in the life of a mound maker
>>
How do you get into the bottom of the pit under the suspension bridge just before High Lord Wolnir? I'm in the demon ruins and just deactivated the giant Avelyn. It looks like it would connect, but I'm not seeing a path leading there.
>>
>>335202462
This form of PvP is

You should invade in as an NPC thats buffed, not your own character.
>>
>>335202601
that is retarded
>>
>>335202282
>Charged r2s.
So just a regular tap R2 can be parried I take it?

>>335202362
I've been trying to get better at baiting, but a lot of the time I just end up shooting the cunts with my Avelyn because they refuse to interact in any way other than waddle their faggy buckler occasionally.
>>
I'm still mad there's no indicting.
That message was hilarious as fuck in-game hatemail.
>>
File: 1432165211842.jpg (273 KB, 3200x1800) Image search: [Google]
1432165211842.jpg
273 KB, 3200x1800
>>335202254
Why would invaders whine when there's plenty of ways to fuck people over now?

>Farron dart has insane knockback
>Can get Chaos orb and pillar relatively easily
>Acid Surge is brought back
>Sacred flame to catch people off guard
>Kunai knives, firebombs, magic/lightning urns
>Carthus flame + Witch's ring
>Persistant mercury, soul stream and twisted wall of light
>That ring from Tsolrig that does more stamina damage toward anyone guarding
>>
>>335202343
>invade in farron keep
>use atonement and lure tree niggers to the host and watch them rape him and his phantoms

>invade in catacombs
>wait by the bridge and cut it as a five man squad crosses it
That one is my most favorite yet.
>>
It's less the ganksquads and more the R1 straightsword spam followed up by emote spam.
>>
>>335202679
It would be fair and balanced, unlike the absolute turd of PvP we have now
>>
>invade
>everyone in T pose

HOW THE FUCK DO I FIX THIS
>>
>>335201608
And that's why you invade as a grape.
>>
>>335202747
>>That ring from Tsolrig that does more stamina damage toward anyone guarding
I just got this last night.
>>
Random question: Did From disable taunting after kills, like if the opponent does so you can't see it on your screen?
I ask because in previous games dying to another player would result in you getting mass gesture spammed until you return to your world/respawn, and while that NEVER happens here, your opponents tend to just stand around your corpse for a good 5 seconds before waltzing off.
So either this community spontaneously took a giant leap in sportsmanship, or this is some attempt by From to minimize toxicity or whatever because people get upset over taunts.
>>
>>335202225

You can run through people when they are parry baiting since their model isn't blocking yours during animation. Run through and backstab them.
>>
>>335200231
parries are actually 360 degrees now.
>>
>>335202747
Because they aren't dickwraiths, those niggas ain't our niggas
>>
>no gravelord equivalent
>no indictments
>two covenants that are blueberries
>two covenants that are forest defenders

Are Mound Makers the only semi interesting addition, covenant wise? It's kind of pathetic.
>>
how do I get in on this estoc shit. I want to be the biggest pain in the ass possible
>>
File: 1461376868995.png (773 KB, 800x607) Image search: [Google]
1461376868995.png
773 KB, 800x607
>killing two ghosts at the same time with gundyr's halbert R2
>>
>>335198579
I don't know why people is so angry at gank squads, most of the time I am by myself and if I summon someone I am unable to summon another one to protect myself from those fucking reds.
>>
Charged R2s with heavy weapons should have hyper armor throughout the entire thing.
>>
>>335202865
I see it all the time when I die.
Lots of bows and squats as well.

Might just be your shiternet.
>>
>>335199660
>try to play with fun weapons
>useless, get demolished
>try to use hybrid builds
>terrible, get demolished harder
>try to parry r1 spammers
>they have 6000 ping and rubberband everywhere with hoverboarding, no clue what to do, apparently die to epilepsy
>try to make a sweepy str build
>get parried instantly on every swing by everyone I meet
>dex estoc dodge ring build with offhand buckler to pretend I will parry
>mercilessly destroy everyone I find
I didn't want to become this, but this shitty pvp left me no choice.
I would rather use that cool ass laser sword from the princes with the magic reflecting shield and go full paladin, but that just gets you streamrolled by faggots who shouldn't even be allowed on the servers.
>>
>>335198779
I had a 3v1 situation where I ended up winning
>At Irithyll of the Boreal Valley
>Start going towards host, his two friends come out to get me
>I retreat back behind the one fire maiden and the three sword undead
>Get them to trigger these individuals
>Now I have a fire maiden's flame pillars, and 3 undead, as I divide and conquer in the courtyard around the fountain
>take out each phantom individually while the Host gets a smart idea to try and take down the fire maiden
>then go for host of embers
>he tries to run for the church bonfire
>2nd fire maiden manages to hit him and stumble him
>I finish him off

Unless they are trolling phantoms with giant's seed and their friends, you gotta learn to use mobs and the environment to your advantage.

Also, for any of Rosario's Fingers that try to invade in pairs, or shortly one after the other, try to work together.
>>
File: double hornetan.webm (2 MB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
double hornetan.webm
2 MB, 1024x576
2 vs 2 is the best form of DS3 pvp.
>>
>>335198579

>get invaded while i have summons
>runs into mobs
>its cool, lets do this

>get invaded while while I'm alone in a 1v1
>guy runs into mobs
>alt f4
>>
>>335202789
This. Fix the straight swords, that alone changes everything.
>>
>>335203116
I actually got the timing, frames, and range down on FGS. I patrol Farron's Keep and invade as an abyss watcher.
Pretty fun, even if the weapon does fuck all damage
>>
Why don't you guys use red sign soapstones if you hate ganking so much?
>>
>>335199940
all they had to do was make ds2 without soul memory. The level designs are better than 1, but the combat and pvp are much worse than 2.
>>
File: 20160421012131_1.jpg (497 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160421012131_1.jpg
497 KB, 1920x1080
>get invaded
>decide to hide with a branch
>the corpse near me starts moving
>the invader had the same idea
>at the exact same spot
spooky
>>
I don't get why 2 reds can actually hurt each other when invading.
>>
>>335202343
>sippy quickly
every fucking time
>>
>>335203142

You shouldn't alt+f4 there is talk about getting soft ban if you do it enough. Just roll off a cliff if you don't feel like fighting the invader.
>>
File: 1461255559966.gif (94 KB, 514x510) Image search: [Google]
1461255559966.gif
94 KB, 514x510
>>335198579
>>Have you fucked up another person's play?
Not via invasions but coop.

>Dragonpeak runathon
>Dragon "boss battle"
>Ditch the host, run straight up towards the top.
>Jump down, kill the dragon and claim the glory for myself
>>
>>335199821
>estoc shitter
you deserve everything people throw on you
>>
>>335203141
>that smoothness
I am hard with jealosy.
>>
>>335203116
Agreed. I'm just gonna noob it out on my twink. I keep getting 4v1s where the all four players just sit at the bonfire; if I'm gonna win those fights it's time to join the R1 club
>>
>>335203327
>Estoc has been one of the best weapons since DS1
>suddenly now its the shitter weapon
Polly doesnt like something because other parrots say so? Polly needs to get good.
>>
>>335203116
>being parried on str build when pretty much all ultra weapons have parry immunity on 2hr1 except for vertical UGS
>>
>>335203442
"Shitter weapon" mean it's so good that usually only shitters who can't win otherwise use it

Like the DS2 Chaos Blade
>>
>Irithyll of the Boreal Valley
>Invading as an Abyss Watcher (full build, etc)
>In the 3rd area, with the dogs and the invisible undead mages
>meet the players on the steps, use the beckon emote, start walking away
>they start running and trying to give chase, dogs stop them
>I just keep casually walking away
>mobs keep slowing their progress as they barely try to keep up
>We meet up at the boss fog door
>the two phantoms stand back, apparently the host wants to honor duel me
>we both fully drain our estus flasks
>we duel, part way through the other two phantoms join in
>manage to at least take one of them down

Sometimes, it is the faggotry that makes for the best fights.
>>
>>335203442
It was the shitter weapon since des.
>>
so what are the best PvP strength weapons?
>>
>>335203320
>be summoned by some faggot with any combination of weed, swag, teh best praise the sun or any lel so fawny meme name
>act friendly then stay out of the boss fog so they have to fight them buffed, alone
Fuck all of you.
>>
>>335198579
I have an okay story
>Be me in catacombs
>invade and sneak ahead of host and his two bros
>Go to bridge zone, cut off bridge, trigger skeleton swarm
>*sunbro 1 has died*
>*sunbro 2 has died*

It took the host about four more summons and twenty minutes to finally fight his way back.
>>
How does the invasion work this time around?
You can't invade anyone with weapons lower than you, right?

And the level difference is 20 or so levels, right?
>>
>>335203520
And only now you idiots start calling it a shitter weapon? There are plenty of weapons that are infinitely better than estoc like the Halberd in DS3

Seems like you are meme spouting some arbitrary bullshit because you think it makes you sound cool kid.

>>335203589
Oh boy revisionist history, my favorite.
>>
>>335203597
Halberds, Dark Knight Greataxe, Straight Swords
>>
File: 10.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
10.webm
3 MB, 800x450
Having some fun with these memey spin2win axes.
>>
>Invade
>3 phantoms
>after getting a skittles worth of health off a single member of the sausage fest they back off to heal like they were in mortal danger
>they trap you literally in a corner and spam r1
>after killing you while basically holding you down and gang raping you they all taunt and spaz out like they are the best ever at everything

10/10 souls experience
>>
>>335203634
You can invade anyone with like 3 weapon levels lower than you + 10 levels lower than you and 30 levels higher than you.
>>
File: 1454462901156.gif (152 KB, 500x516) Image search: [Google]
1454462901156.gif
152 KB, 500x516
>>335203142
>get invaded last night
>1v1
>guy runs off mid fight
>he starts trying to get me to pull npcs
>I kill each npc 1 at a time until he is stuck in a corner alone
>He ports out
I fucked kek'd. I must have appeared as some A class demon to him to run so badly.
>>
>>335203685
all halberds? I don't have Gundyr's yet
>>
>>335203667
>And only now you idiots start calling it a shitter weapon
No? People were bitching about thrusting weapons throughout almost the entirety of DaS2 once Santier's was nerfed. I can't speak for DaS since I didn't PvP in it, but Estoc/Thrusting Swords in general being broken is certainly nothing new

>>335203743
It's +/- 2 upgrade levels. SL range depends on covenant, usually 10 down and anywhere from 20 - 40 up
>>
>>335203716
That guy has the reaction time of a slug

why are souls players so shit at vidya
>>
>>335203623
That's not always the case. Sometimes I can't even enter the fog and it annoys me how much time I wasted waiting.
>>
I started as an assasin and love my estoc, get fucked.
>>
>>335203667
>revisionist history
you never saw des estoc turtles, didn't you, you piece of trash
or fatal estoc 1hko backstabs
>>
>>335203628
>Be me
I did not see that coming, great story man.
>>
>Go to the Old Wolf of Farron bonfire
>Decide to invade for shits and giggles
>End up invading a fight club
>Host greets me, so does a Zorro build and a Drang Twin Spear build
>A Mound Maker joins in
>The host watches while we have round robin fights (1v1, winner takes the next in line)
>We end up doing this for about 2 hours
>I end up learning a lot about my weapon, the timing, stamina, etc. More than I ever did from fighting normal enemies or bosses

As much as I don't like honor duels, they did help me learn some shit about combat
>>
>invaded in the archives
>see host health bar depleting by the big wax pool
>run over and just kinda stalk him and his phantom
>surprised they didn't see a red phantom just standing on top of a book shelf
>chase after them
>rapier stab rb phantom to death
>host was chasing me while I was chasing phantom
>turn around to host
>it's raep time
>chase and stab him while he tried to do anything to survive
>hands from bookshelfs bitch slapping him
>he dies
>spam 'I'm sorry" carvings on him
Felt good.
Seriously though, the irithyll rapier with decent dex and endurance with that ring that makes them waste more stamina while guarding is open as fuck. Rarely lose at pvp.
>>
File: 31.jpg (2 MB, 3200x1800) Image search: [Google]
31.jpg
2 MB, 3200x1800
>>335203250
>get invaded
>just use a branch and walk away
>>
>>335203628
God damn it I wish invader could lay traps.
>>
File: 1432535544173.jpg (41 KB, 379x329) Image search: [Google]
1432535544173.jpg
41 KB, 379x329
>>335203743
>>335203814
So if I'm level 30 I can technically invade anywhere from level 20 to level 60?

Not bad.
>>
>>335203814
>Estoc/Thrusting Swords in general being broken is certainly nothing new
But they're not, there are better weapons than them in every Souls games. You really do just suck and love parroting /v/ dont you

>>335203831
>you never saw des estoc turtles, didn't you, you piece of trash
Oh my gawd poeple use similar weapons! My stars and stripes!

>or fatal estoc 1hko backstabs
Woopdefuckingdo, a huge number of weapons ko'ed in one hit
>>
>>335203805
Glaive, Lucerne and Black Knight Glaive (basically the ones with Spin Sweep) are all extremely good. Gundyr's is good but a little bit gimmicky; the charge is extremely easy to parry but if you're doing low SL where they haven't seen the weapon you will annihilate people with it. The rest of the Halberds have perseverance or some other crap and aren't that great

Forgot to mention that some of the Greataxes are pretty good outside of the BKGA. I see Yhorm's and the Dragonslayer Armour one quite a bit
>>
as an Invader I'm not even going to pretend honor is a thing for a solid minute but if I had a quarter for every fight where a host knocks me down to low health and I refuse to heal then In one fell swoop knock them down to the last titty of health to have them roll away and chug

I'de be fucking rich right now
>>
>summoned for honorabru duel
>host chugs empty estus for a while, indicating he wants me to empty my sippies, i do so and we bow
>halfway into the fight as im about to win, he backs out and heals
>NANI?.jpg
>fucker tricked me with an empty ashen estus
>fight for as long as i can, last through three heals before dying
i aint even mad, thats cheeky as fuck and i appreciate seeing some original shit.
>>
>>335204013
You'd be surprised how effective changing the positions of elevators can be.
>>
File: 1454298886281.jpg (64 KB, 640x617) Image search: [Google]
1454298886281.jpg
64 KB, 640x617
>>335204013
You can drop traps when you get summoned as a grapist.
I love rope bombs
>>
>>335203817
Well he is a katana user after all.
>>
>>335203805
All halberds. Fact is the longer your weapon and the faster it hits the better it is for PvP.

Haven't tried Pike yet, but I assume its OP as fuck.
>>
>>335203303
then he wins tho senpai
>>
>>335204149
>falling for that
Nigga you dumb.
>>
>>335204149
>empty ashen flask

That is fucking brilliant
>>
File: astorafunsword.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
astorafunsword.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>
>>335204057
The Ice Rapier was extremely overpowered in DS2. Estoc was arguably too strong in DS2 as well and is certainly overpowered in DS3. I'm not parroting anything; I sunk hundreds of hours in DaS2 and I used thrusting swords for a decent chunk of that playtime. I've been playing with the Estoc for the better part of 20 hours in DS3 at different SL ranges and I can confidently say that it is far too strong given the way they reworked poise.

I don't give a shit that people use it, but don't pretend that it's balanced. You sound like someone who is just salty that people are shitting on your weapon of choice
>>
>>335204313
I barely see anynody use ash estus in this game, I forgot it was even a thing honestly.
>>
>>335204149
>fucker tricked me with an empty ashen estus
KEK. I should try this and see what reaction that I can get.
>>
>summon phantom
>he buffs in front of you or taunts

hey, free backstab!

>starts chugging like a little bitch and running for the mobs

literally every time.
>>
>>335204415
the standard rapier was pretty good in 2 as well, counter hit damage was just fucking ridiculous in that game
>>
>Farron Keep
>Dried Finger
>White Branch
>Seed of Tree of Giants
>Hide and wait

Is this a recipe for disaster or hours of entertainment?
>>
>>335204084
This is the first DS that the BKGA is actually good isn't it?
>>
>>335204415
>I'm not parroting anything
>as he proceeds to parrot nothing but memes and baseless claims
Okay parrot, you keep spouting those /v/ memes
>>
File: 5.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
5.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>335203805
Swordspear is pretty fun, its moveset is a hybrid between halberd and spear, and the lightning bolt is hilarious but also great for punishing chuggers and people trying to escape.
>>
>invade
>Host's character model has no animations
>Can't tell when he's attacking to blocking.
DaS 3 is a great game but this bullshit right is the reason I barely PvP
>>
>>335204415
>I don't give a shit that people use it, but don't pretend that it's balanced.
>implying the Estoc or any rapier is good
Halberds hit as fast, as often, harder and at a further range

Rapiers are shit and so are you.
>>
File: 1430108300838.png (557 KB, 617x657) Image search: [Google]
1430108300838.png
557 KB, 617x657
>purps
>ring of no fall damage
>jump off cliff, make it look like im pussing out
>hosts phantoms both jump after me seeing as I survived
>One dies immediately and the other gets killed as hes trying to recover
>objective achieved
Havent laughed that hard in ages.
>>
>>335204494
Yea definitely, like I said thrusting swords in general were very good in DS2 for very obvious reasons: high damage, long range, fast, light, and easy to use. The Espada Ropera was good as well

>>335204664
>Halberds hit as fast
Complete and utter bullshit. The only halberd attack that is even close to the speed of an Estoc R1 is the running attack, and even that is still slower. Halberds are very strong as well so I'm not sure what argument you're trying to make.

>>335204592
You haven't made a single decent post in this entire thread. Do you have any actual argument to make or are you just going to stick your head in the sand?
>>
>>335204256
Fight me faggot.
>>
File: 1391603251282.png (489 KB, 571x540) Image search: [Google]
1391603251282.png
489 KB, 571x540
>>335204664
>Halberds hit as fast
>as rapiers
Are you mentally deficient? I think you may have suffered from some brain damage after suffocating on so much bullshit.
>>
>>335204737
>ring of no fall damage
nani?
>>
>get summoned for duel arena
>two host of embers
>usually everyone I fight doesn't use estus flask
>start fighting one of them
>about to kill him
>rolls away and chugs like there's no tomorrow
>ehh whatever not like it's an actual rule
>start attacking again
>almost kill him
>he ran out of flask
>other host comes running out of nowhere and backstabs me
>they combo me till I die
I mean, I get that those are self imposed rules and shit but fuck man come the fuck on, do you really have to baby your friend through the game including pvp fights?
>>
>>335204664
I use a halberd, they absoloutely do not hit as fast, people can even roll out of the second swing
>>
File: 1398965206844.jpg (94 KB, 544x479) Image search: [Google]
1398965206844.jpg
94 KB, 544x479
>>335204664
>Halberds hit as fast, as often
maybe you should try actually playing the game we're talking about
>>
>>335204932
kitty ring/spook
>>
>>335204883
*parries ur typical sprint R1 spam*

nothing personnel, kid
>>
>>335204932
Sirris questline gives a ring that removes fall damage
>>
>>335204836
>>335204915
>>335204970
>>335204979
>m-ma shitty rapier is good!
>s-stop pointing out I s-suck!
Already tested it, a Halberd hits as fast as a rapier with its R1. How about you learn about the game before you post faggots? I cant believe /v/ is this shit as Souls.
>>
>>335204932
He means silvercat ring. Too bad it's such a bitch to get this time.
>>
File: 1415745490430.png (748 KB, 1300x1300) Image search: [Google]
1415745490430.png
748 KB, 1300x1300
>>335204737
My nigga.

Have you tried out poison mist + forbidden flame + Farron ring?

Or even better

Acid surge + Chaos pillar

Also, since I usually just use spook, where do you get that ring?
>>
>>335204961
shhh sshhhhh

let them feel good about winning their first pvp ever!!!! together!!!!
>>
>>335204836
>You haven't made a single decent post in this entire thread
I made plenty, you ignored them and attempted to move the goalposts to save face. Not my fault you have no argument.

No more replies for you shitposting parrot.
>>
Drang twinspears are just too fun. Tons of moves, and the rolling l1 is just godlike. Just a shame it's so boring when one-handed, I wish I could parry instead of using that shitty charge.
>>
>>335205017
>memer
Should have known you were brain dead on top of being a pussy.
>>
>pretend to be hosting FC
>backstab them as they wait
>>
File: 1376687473153.jpg (15 KB, 264x281) Image search: [Google]
1376687473153.jpg
15 KB, 264x281
>>335205138
not him, but you haven't said anything regarding why you think the estoc is bad/balanced in this game. you just called every memers and parrots like 5 times. some reddit tier shit friendo
>>
File: 1402661874890.png (366 KB, 1229x1031) Image search: [Google]
1402661874890.png
366 KB, 1229x1031
>>335205058
>it's a rapierbabby falseflagging to try and distract people from how broken rapiers are episode
>>
I always play these games in offline mode. I have enough trouble dealing with getting through the games as they are, I don't need to add on having to deal with other people into the mix. If I wanted to play a multiplayer game I'd play a multiplayer game.
>>
>>335205080
Tenchu Z
>>
>>335205228
hey faggot

stop sucking at the game and you won't have a hard time

or just don't use an ember
>>
>Invade someone
>Host runs back to bonfire
>Summons as many white phantoms as he can
>Shields up until they spawn in
>I get fucked up by a clown squad

Every time. This is why I stick to PvP;ing outside Pontiffs room.
>>
>>335205228

Dark souls is a multiplayer game.....
>>
>>335205228
But online makes it multiplayer...
>>
>>335205138
>I made plenty
Link to some of your compelling arguments on the Estoc's balance then, because I can't find them
>>
File: where do you think we are.jpg (151 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
where do you think we are.jpg
151 KB, 500x375
>>335205160
We're both posting on /v/, I think it's safe to say everyone here is braindead by this point.
>>
>>335204084
What's the best infusion for the Glaive and others? I'm running pure STR.
>>
File: astorafunsword2.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
astorafunsword2.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>335204382
>>
Yup
>How bad did you do it?
He sent me a message before he disconnected and whine about it afterwards
No actually. I've been very successful today
Exile Greatsword and Executioner Greatsword
Because it's bugged.
>>
i've given up on invasions due to ganks and just use the finger in my world.

Even when it's one on one more often than not there's so many stupid fuckers running to a group of enemies and sit there for an hour until the next invader comes whom I subsequently kill and then the very same asshole tries to lure me into another group.

I swear this community is fucking retarded.
>>
>>335205312
Even without the kick ring you can guardbreak like 90% of all players with just one kick when invading. Problem is people who just roll around and do nothing. Even if you get a long-ass weapon and learn the timing to punish rolls, if they're too light they'll just roll too far.
>>
>>335202254
>waaaaah im so shit I need summons to steamro- I mean play the game
>>
Grapebros are always so willing to fuck up fight clubs its actually hilarious,

if you ever invade as grape and see another grape in a fight club just go for the host, 7/10 times they help you whoop the hosts ass and fight all the redbabbies
>>
>>335205465
Heavy for pure STR, although you should check refined because some of the infusions are a little wonky like in DaS2
>>
>>335205518

U bad lol
>>
File: 1405410447980.jpg (11 KB, 211x290) Image search: [Google]
1405410447980.jpg
11 KB, 211x290
>>335205226
>mfw rapierbabbies try to stop my executioner's great sword
>throw on that ring from Tsolrig if they decide to sit there and shield
>mfw carthus flame weapon + witch's ring
>>
>>335205064
Im sitting in furries of farron territory, I need to get a move on to better items already, Ive just been having a blast in this area and havent progressed yet, intend to make a gimmick build here to mess around with people. The ring is from Sirris questline if I remember right, the cat ring.
>>
>>335205517
You have to be level thirty and no higher than a +3 weapon to be successfully summoned for farron presently, apparently. Hope they fix it soon.
>>
>friend ask me to trade him some twinkling titanite
>go to that dragon temple
>kill the summoner and the npc
>while we're trading he gets invaded
>let him fight the guy by himself
>he gets lured into that ambush with the two lizard men coming from both sides
>decide to go help
>kill invader and one of the lizard men
>see at sorry to invader
>while this is happening friend got parried twice by lizard man
>health is almost 0
>helped him out while trying to stop laughter
Fuck just typing that was making me giggle like a school girl. Nigger got parried twice by a fucking easy ass enemy.
>>
File: 1459837454109.jpg (163 KB, 531x517) Image search: [Google]
1459837454109.jpg
163 KB, 531x517
>just finish dark souls 1
>really want to try out playing online mode in DS3
>have the money to buy it in steam items but steam refuses to let me sell my items because I don't have some mobile authenticator bullshit
>>
File: 1395633282221.png (79 KB, 291x343) Image search: [Google]
1395633282221.png
79 KB, 291x343
>Get summoned in the catacombs as a purple in the xanthous crown
>The host is also wearing the xanthous crown
>Made no intention to help him, we got pretty far
>Then the skeleton ball killed him

I'll never forget you, Xanthous crown friend.
>>
>>335205381
>>335205313

I mean dedicated multiplayer games, not this half integrated shit. If you enjoy it that's fine, but I don't want anything to do with it.
>>
>invade
>oh boi I hope I dont get ganked
>only the host
>no animations and lagging
>cant tell what he is doing and promptly get r1 spam locked to death

Why does this game hate pvp? Moreover why do I get matched with people from Bulgaria when Im from the US. Why have they not fixed this.
>>
File: 1461259674560.jpg (260 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1461259674560.jpg
260 KB, 800x800
>get invaded at Catacombs
>the dude keeps turtling with a shield and i couldnt notice what weapon he was using
>Proceed to rape him using claymore.

The guy didnt even managed to attack i just attacked till he got guard break and destroyed his anus
>>
File: 1431819785845.jpg (167 KB, 1056x1072) Image search: [Google]
1431819785845.jpg
167 KB, 1056x1072
>>335205680
>we terminus est now.
>>
>>335205931
I will mobile authenticate for you my friend
>>
>>335198579
>be me, ng+ in irithyll
>summon phantom
>get invaded
>get invaded again
>phantom dies
>ofuck
>summon another phantom
>summon another in case one fails
>2 phantoms vs 2 invaders
>use dried finger for lulz
>invaded again
>have way of blue and 2 get sumonned through concord
>when phantoms die summon red signs
it was so hilarious
>>
>>335205592
>having fun is bad
So this is what /v/ has become.
>>
Large club or great club?
>>
>>335202225
Oroboro the ninja has a video up on dead-angles which is pretty informative. Apparently if you free-aim your swings to the side of your enemy it's impossible to parry.
>>
>>335206638
Whichever's the bigger one. Thing annihilates shieldbabbies.
>>
File: mptea.gif (2 MB, 177x205) Image search: [Google]
mptea.gif
2 MB, 177x205
>>335198579
>Doing Aldritch co-op with Pyro character
>Just me and Host
>Someone invades
>He bows towards me, I bow back, Host uses sit gesture
>Do some footsie then I bait him into a rolling attack parry with a fireball
>Riposte
>He then runs away to the Silver Knights and chugs

Reds only ever want Honor Duels when they're winning.
>>
Anyone figure out how to fix the framerate issues yet? Literally unplayable for me since the last patch.
>>
>>335202225
If you can tell someone is parry fishing just walk up and kick them. You cant tell theyre trying to do it when they stand still, use a small shield or just barely attack, just walk up and boot them, they practically let you do it.
>>
>>335206834
Was racist
>>
>>335198579

There was one time I invded a 3 man squad at Anor Londo. I ran away from them and they gave chase to me. As they chased me up the stairwell where the giant is. I pulled my Yhorms Machete and gave them a good whack. It was actually pretty funny.
>>
>>335203667
>being this retarded
YOU'RE A SHITTER
YOU USE A SHITTER WEAPON FOR BABIES
>>
>>335198579
>Use red eye
>Have white ring on
>Run around till I find pack of Sun bros, a blue, and a white.
>Oh great
>Wait it out
>One sun bro dies
>White guy dies and I assume his role
>MFW they don't notice
>Proceed to follow them and act helpful
>They run into fat lady evangelist
>My moment
>Pull out great scythe and fuck hosts day up after he got fire hugged.
>Blue sent just looks at me and bows.
>Mission completed.
>>
>>335198579
Anyone else bored of dark souls 3?

I feel like the hype has worn off.
>>
File: 1403815976302.jpg (177 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1403815976302.jpg
177 KB, 1024x1024
>>335205830
If you're going for a gimmick build, here's what I suggest.

>2 attunement slots + that ring from the blind lady
>14 faith, 18 int for pyromancies and that tinder weapon that drops in Ithryll
>Throw some points in dex and str for a weapon of your choice and the tinder thing because of that amazing weapon skill
>Grab the executioner great sword in the graveyard near the cathedral
>Grab the ring from Tsolrig, cheese him with the lava is the best way
>Grab the old witch's ring in demon ruins
>Grab the mimic head for shits and giggles
>Grants access to Force, Acid surge, poison mist, Carthus flame, Chaos pillar and Chaos fire ball, Chameleon, Farron dart

And then just 600 Kunais for 30,000 souls and buy some undead hunter charms and you're good to go.

You're gonna have to get past abyss watchers at a low level, but it's insanely worth it.
It's the build I'm running now.

And you'll even be able to get past Pontiff if you get your weapon to +6. And you'll STILL be able to invade people at a pretty low level, with a decent weapon, and fend for yourself with gank squads.
>>
I invaded a dude with infinite health who had mad shit on his profile about how he loved cheating in games and would never stop. Lured him up to the silver knights and kicked his ass the fuck off. Fuck cheaters
>>
>>335206834

Pretty much. Notice how all the people complaining are red babies. In DaS1 it was easy to fuck with the host when they had a big disadvantage with the world plus invaders against him. Now that hosts have a bit of back up red fags claim foul, unfair, ruined. Its pretty hilarious now that meme dickwraiths cant rush and spam R1 when the host is distracted to win anymore.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQCL6QTP27E&feature=youtu.be

Rate my pvp skills
>>
My fav invasion yet
RIP Sanic Smough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GiGVi2P6x8
>>
\>90% of invasions are assholes looking for pvp
>But that 10%
>That 10% that is a genuinely new player who is getting invaded and he doesn't know how to fucking deal with it
>That moment when you kill his phantoms
>He's running away
>He's panicked
>he doesn't know what to do

Its just the best.
>>
Got summoned at the Cleanisng Chapel bonfire as a mad invader to a world with 3 people, white phantom, sunbro and host.

Ran up into the graveyard, they can't catch up too many undead worm spewers. Run over bridge, white phantom falls down, fucken see you never.

Sunbro charges after me, pull him up to the roof with the crossbow shits. Host in pursuit.

Kill sunbro 1v1, Host gets slaughtered by a cluster of mobs he'd pulled with him.

Patches squat on his face as I fade out.
>>
>>335207473
IT's probably higher because the game is new. It's the greatest feeling
>>
>>335206550

That's pretty much the definition of what/v/ has always been

>get out
>>
>>335207168
I invade as the crazy homeless man
>Master attire
>Loincloth
>Ghostring
>Use items like Firebombs and Dungpies
>Run in random directions instead of straight lines
>Use voiced emotes when they cant see me
Gotta say its the most fun I've had invading in this game
>>
I've always played pvp in these games fighting directly and being a big honorfag. Thinking of doing a sneaky dickhead character, where I use the sneak ring to hide from the host and wait to ambush them at positions with projectiles and shit, with fighting head to head as a last resort.
If anyone's done this sort of thing before, is it actually fun in practice, and do you have any recommendations?
>>
So how viable are whips this time around I kinda wanna go for a Belmont build
>>
Is there a way to get easy quick souls?

Soul of Cinder runs are netting like 20k per run.
>>
>invading randoms
>run into fight club
>backstab the host
>every reds dueling went after me

every time.

fightclubs are the worst
>>
God damn, I love bullying all the fags who co-op their way through the game
>>
>>335207850

>Make a Shrek Character with a Great Club
>Hang around the Crucifixion Woods/Farron Keep and invade

Yeah it can be pretty fun mang.
>>
>use ashen flask
>other guy uses estus

Why so pissy?
>>
File: v61255136s3369e3779a.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
v61255136s3369e3779a.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>335201318
>>
File: wew dexboy.webm (1 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
wew dexboy.webm
1 MB, 720x404
>>335205228
>all these people replying angrily to this post
I invade all the time and have NO PROBLEM with offline players. He doesn't want invasions so he goes offline, fucking good. The people I really have an issue with are people who summon for anything ever on their first playthrough, you may as well watch a fucking lets play.

If you summoned for a boss you did NOT actually beat the boss, plain and simple. I can maybe give some leeway for any boss in numbers greater than 2 but you are still a bitch nigger if you summon for it.
>>
>>335208083
The fuck did you expect to happen?
>>
>>335208083
>invade in fightclub area
>encounter fightclub
>intentionally break the "rules" of fightclub
>WOOOW FUCKING FIGHTCLUB WHAT A LOAD OF SHIT
>>
>>335208251
we all gank up on host like a true darkwraith
>>
>>335207967
Fastest I've found is at that archdragon shithole, that bonfire where the mage spawns the bastard sword knight infinitely. Equip silver serpent ring, shield of want and mimic helm and every time you kill the knight you'll get like 8k+, it spawns infinitely and you can kill it in like 5 seconds so that's 8k ever 10 seconds or so.
>>
>>335208354
In an honor duel world? You dumb?
>>
>>335208246
>that slav squat at the end
Nice.
>>
>>335208083
>participating in fightclub
>i'm fighting another red phantom, a red sunbro, a white phantom, a blue, and a grape are spectating
>absolute mad phantom joins and whacks the host
>total fucking chaos ensues as a war erupts between ~6 different phantoms, people immediately subconsciously ally with phantom racism

I wish there was a big colliseum like the brotherhood of blood except it always matched at least 4 people together.
>>
god damn this PvP is fucking retarded

>red soapstone down
>get summoned in
>either summoned into a game with 4 phantoms or one estoc faggot
>get gank squaded or poked to death

???? what the fuck do I do? latency seems to be an incredibly huge factor. I make contact 500 times but only one does damage.
>>
>>335207850
>Voiced emotes

I know you can get one from that crow.

Where can you get others?

>>335207967
Get the mimic head and farm the enemies that show up near the pontiff shortcut.
40K souls easily.
>>
Just got the ring of favor ,does it break if you take it off?
>>
>>335198579
>coop as grape
>treat it as white but with friendly fire and if the host has brain damage I get free bones
>most people pretty open to trusting me cause I am not a gay
>summoned by a dude wearing full solaire in crablands
>suspicious because sunfags are always intolerable douchers to me
>kill mobs
>he stands around a lot watching me
>fight the black knight
>schooling it pretty well
>host walks up and backstabs me
>knight picks up the execute
>it kills him before I fade out
Why any of that.
You summoned me, you retarded dipshit. What the fuck was the goal?
Fuck sunbabies.
>>
>>335209041
How do you feel knowing your king died?
>>
>>335202254
What are you talking about? Those of us that want to be assholes have never been happier. I just summon two phantoms and wait.
>>
>found some fucker and his buddies.
>Working on a one shot build for hours.
>Twinkling dragon torso stone, heavy dark sword plus 10, 75 strength, Lloyds ring, and a knight ring.
>They are all standing in a row.
>Bow to them with respect. Use roar with torso stone.
>Do 1200 damage. They all die in one hit.
>jump off a cliff at the kiln of the first flame for good measure.
> get called a hacker
>>
File: 1396884166082.png (265 KB, 498x750) Image search: [Google]
1396884166082.png
265 KB, 498x750
>>335209041
I always target sunshitters first, if possible.
Especially as a purple.
>>
>>335208998
Nope tested it earlier today
>>
>>335208484
I feel dumb for originally wearing a shield (never really done invasions/PvP focus before) but I was having a lot of fun with invasions despite getting plenty of gank matchups or host instantly starting boss. Prior to that moment in the webm, I managed to kill their white phantom, and the blue sentinel that summoned d/c'd mid-duel up on the rocks. No idea if host was AFK or legit tunnel visioning; either way enjoyed knocking them off.

I wish I was still in the level range to invade in the catacombs consistently. That place was fun to invade. Been trying at Boreal Valley but so many people there seem to have Giant Seeds.
>>
>>335203817
>hurr durr what is lag
>>
See many people don't understand this and complain
They complain about the 2-3 phantoms and gank squads
You see when you're an invader, you're not some silly CPU enemy
You're an invader coming here to fuck shit up
and that does not always mean go and swing swords and kill errything

Use deceit, trickery, whatever it takes
>>
>>335209568
>giant seeds
I love invading and instantl seeing the giant seed pop.
Like how much of a bitch does someone have to be to panic that hard? At least wait until they get in the middle of a packed hallway or something.
>>
What weapon should I get as a sorcerer? Apparently every staff has its own weird scaling with spell power and that's obscure as fuck.
>>
>>335209041
Are you seriously saying that you cannot comprehend how betraying another player is amusing and yet you joined the grape apes?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 100

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.