[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Bungie abandoned Halo for this What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
>Bungie abandoned Halo for this

What went wrong?
>>
Not much, have you played it recently? It's in a really good place right now.
>>
>>335087594
Not him but wasn't there Year 3 update that involved fighting Taken players? Give me a rundown
>>
Activision
>>
>>335086073
nothing for them, they are earning way more money now

do you remember how much money this shit made in its opening week?
>>
>>335086073

>A first person shooter that's always online
>If you don't keep your subscription payments up you won't be able to play anymore and any progress was for nothing until you pay up again

That's what went wrong
>>
I believe that the majority of the problems Destiny has are from Activision meddling.

>>335087594
No it isn't. It's better, but not quite where it should be. PvP is still a mess and there's literally two endgame activities for anyone who doesn't want to play Crucible. A raid and an arena mode. The other two raids are completely useless to anyone who bought the game after Taken King came out and should be updated.

>>335090269
Destiny itself does not have sub fee. It requires PSN Plus and XBL Gold, sure, but not a fee of its own.
>>
>>335090490

That's the fee i was referring too.
>>
>>335086073
>what went wrong
Bungo signing on with Activision.
>>
>>335090915
thats every game with multiplayer this gen, you stupid cunt
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-28-19-16-07.jpg (297 KB, 768x771) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-28-19-16-07.jpg
297 KB, 768x771
Idk, something did, it was confirmed by Marty O'Donnell

Supposedly Activision had them re-do the story and wanted to introduce an expansion focused plan in summer 2013

They had to scramble and remove areas like old Chicago, ghost ship, Mars ruins, and Europa. These areas were nearly complete and would be used as expansion content down the line, as well as no longer fitting within the redone story.
>>
Very few old Bungie people are still working there.

It's a shell of itself, owned by Actiblizzard Inc. money.

Halo was never good.
>>
>>335091153
On consoles, yes. This is the future you chose. If it were on PC it wouldn't be an issue.
>>
>>335086073
>500 HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>335088542
The recent spring update that was just released is basically house of wolves 2.0. Prison of elders focus, a lot of needed quality of life improvements and a leveling system that actually makes sense for once.

The kings fall raid isn't the only way to reach max light anymore so you don't need to rely on a bunch of retards to not wipe on simple mechanics over and over. Anything that can give you end game drops (elders sigil, challenge of elders post game rewards, faction packages, nightfalls, strikes etc) will give 330-335 items depending on your level. You can also get there with exclusively exotic engrams since they decrypt up to 5 light higher than your current level.

Pvp is currently the most balanced it's ever been. Every weapon type has viable and competitive options now, there are a few seemingly dominant choices but it is nowhere near as bad as the suros/thorn/tlw/pulse rifle metas. In comparison, house of wolves changes didn't last too long before people got seriously fucking bitter (etheric light made getting max level too easy, pvp went to shit for 6 months straight, skolas was too damn hard for the average player until they nerfed him, quodron too).

>>335090490
The only major problems I'm seeing in pvp right now are the damage referee (which seems to do fucking nothing) and the general lag and melee hit detection. I'm not sure why they haven't brought those issue up lately.

With the way loot drops now it makes a lot of the current activities worth it at endgame. CoE is easy as shit to farm for 335 items and legendary engrams, same for heroic strikes. Patrol still has the most efficient reputation gain and you can farm exotics off of the taken champions. Even the old poe activities can get you a pretty significant amount of rep for variks. And I don't know about you but I have plenty of people who still fuck around in the old raids, it would be great if they were brought forward though I admit.
>>
>Abandoned

It was actually stolen from them
>>
>>335086073
how dare you to even compare a master piece like destiny with a pile of shit like halo?
>>
>>335091396
If it were on PC it would have to have its own servers rather than piggyback off of Microsofts or sonys, then it WOULD have had its own subscription
>>
>>335086073
bungie dropped halo on a high note. Yeah reach exists but it was made as an experiment to really test how far they could push an engine with special effects
>>
File: night terrors by animeflux.jpg (26 KB, 387x357) Image search: [Google]
night terrors by animeflux.jpg
26 KB, 387x357
>>335091830
>The kings fall raid isn't the only way to reach max light anymore so you don't need to rely on a bunch of retards to not wipe on simple mechanics over and over.
Thank fucking christ, this was my biggest issue considering I hate playing Strikes/Raids with niggers that can't coordinate smoothly
>tfw 99% of the time I have 3x as many precision kills as the next guy on my team
>>
>>335092424
This is precisely why im taking a brake form the raid for awhile. Since everyone will be over 320 by the end of the week, all the people who never had experience with the raid will come in and pretend that they know what to do.
>>
>>335092138
they'd probably do dedicated servers
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.