[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>game is good >game ends on a cliffhanger >sequel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5
>game is good
>game ends on a cliffhanger
>sequel teased
>get's canceled or stays in development hell indefinitely

why is this allowed and why aren't the people who do this executed for treason ?
>>
File: 43dds461.png (404 KB, 508x514) Image search: [Google]
43dds461.png
404 KB, 508x514
>Ends on a cliffhanger
>Does not get a sequel because it's too underrated
>>
>>335085181

Why are you spamming /v/ with p&s image threads? Yes i know it's you the pattern is easy to find along with archive usage.
>>
Is that a humanized Lyra Heartstrings?
>>
File: 1423924700897.png (173 KB, 431x269) Image search: [Google]
1423924700897.png
173 KB, 431x269
>First game comes out
>It's an incredible cult classic action RPG in the modern day (of '97, of course)
>Second game is released
>It's a fucking radical action game that's Resident Evil + Final Fantasy spells
>Series disappears forever
>Takes an eternity to be released on PS3
>A third game is finally released
>It's on the fucking PSP
>It's a fucking Gears of War clone littered with unbelievable plot holes, weapons that hit like a handful of sand even when fully upgraded, no fucking powers whatsoever except for some body-jumping bullshit, and Senran Kagura-style clothing damage for no fucking reason whatsoever (and this is coming from someone who loves Underage Panty Quest games, but keep that shit out of games where it doesn't belong)

I fucking despise The 3rd Birthday with every ounce of my fucking soul

Sometimes you don't want that sequel, anon
>>
Rage and Bulletstorm weren't amazing games but they were pretty good and deserved to have sequels more than most of the shit that gets sequels these days.
>>
>>335085780

i think op's just an avatarfag suffering from short term memory loss
>>
>ZTD was saved from this fate from the sheer will of the ZE fanbase

I still can't believe it happened. It's awesome.
>>
File: comfy nelson .jpg (85 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
comfy nelson .jpg
85 KB, 512x384
>>335085940

>game comes out
>ends
>game ties up loose ends
>everything is just fine in the end
>get a sequel that fucks everything up
>the sequel flops
>never get a game after
>>
>>335086486
>Game comes out
>Play it at your cousin's, it's amazing and you beg your mom for a PS2
>It's even more fun now that you have it
>You borrow the sequel from a friend
>It's amazing
>You buy the third game
>It's even better
>A fourth game is released
>It's... Good co-op fun
>Some PSP bullshit comes out but who cares
>A PS3 game comes out and it's alright
>Then another one but it was like five minutes long so who cares
>Finally, the third PS3 game comes out, the absolute best in the series, nothing will ever top this
>And nothing does
>Because the developer apparently hit themselves in the head and forgot what made the series so good to begin with
>And just start shitting out shovelware-tier trash with the IP hastily duct-taped to it
>They attempt to rekindle that spark and release a mediocre fart of a game
>Silence
>A reboot that feels more like the preview of the game comes out and it still has that fucking hoverboard bullshit that is the only time in my life I have ever broken a controller over and I'm not about to break a PS4 controller over it too god dammit

Ratchet had a hard life
>>
>>335087028

so did clank
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.