[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: The game where the fanbase split off Fucking pic related,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: Assassins_Creed_III_Soundtrack.jpg (90 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Assassins_Creed_III_Soundtrack.jpg
90 KB, 600x600
ITT: The game where the fanbase split off

Fucking pic related, I didn't get into AC until recently so I binged through all of the main ones and some of the spin-offs and AC III now I see why it's considered shit. That ending made me want to off myself.

So the shitty ending of Desmond led to

1. A lot of fans angry and stopped playing altogether

2. Continued on
>>
I wanted to kill myself after that game too.

It was worse for me thought because I had already played the games year prior AC3 came out. The marketing for this game was unbelievable for me. I waited 3 years for a real sequel to AC2, which is still one of my favourites, because Brotherhood and Revelations were like expansions.

I was so happy to actually see the number 3 beside the logo.

Goddamn. I learned a really valuable lesson though because of it. I guess that's a pro?

Another one that comes to mind is ME3, same shit in the same fucking year. God 2012 was horrible. It also divided people somehow, because there are actually people that liked it and are hyped for Andromeda. I would've thought that it would kill Mass Effect.
>>
File: Final_Fantasy_XIII_EU_box_art.jpg (62 KB, 250x310) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_XIII_EU_box_art.jpg
62 KB, 250x310
Vast majority of players loathed it, including die hard fans of the series.

After XII it was considered an enormous step down in quality and mismanagement.

Kitase should be fucking ashamed he even had any part of it, especially after directing games like VI and Chrono Trigger himself.
>>
Dark Souls II
>>
Halo 4
bfbc
tf2 going f2p
hitman absolution
SC conviction
tomb raider angel or darkness
tomb raider 2016
gta4
saints row 3
metroid prime
metroid other m
Tekken 4
>>
mg1
mg2
mgs 2
mgs3
mgs4
mgs po
mgspw
mgr
mgsv
mga
mga2
mgs - gbc
>>
File: Fallout_3_cover_art[1].png (169 KB, 256x429) Image search: [Google]
Fallout_3_cover_art[1].png
169 KB, 256x429
>>
>>335085895
It should've split off at Dark Souls, because that game was an awful rehash of DeS
>>
>>335085895
Quick question, since I've been avoiding /v/ since it got released in Japan.
Has Dark Souls 3 repaired the fanbase? Can we all agree that 3 is actually good, or at least that no entry will be as good as 1?
>>
Persona 4
It made everyone play Persona 2 for the first time and pretend that they liked it more all along
>>
File: Diablo_III_cover[1].png (122 KB, 255x354) Image search: [Google]
Diablo_III_cover[1].png
122 KB, 255x354
>>
File: latest[1].png (167 KB, 428x200) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
167 KB, 428x200
>>
>>335086348
protag dies
>>
File: logo-ffx[1].png (31 KB, 414x251) Image search: [Google]
logo-ffx[1].png
31 KB, 414x251
never should have had voiced protagonists
>>
>>335084891
This is the worst game I've ever played purely because of how fucking shite the writing, the characters, the revamped mechanics, how boring the world was, and I pre-orderedit. Fuck. God damn this game is such a piece of shit. Last thing I'll ever pre-order.
>>
>>335086275
Tbh I get the feeling that everyone who liked mg1 liked mg2 and mgs
The fan base did split after each game after that though
>>
>>335086613
be glad you didn't play AC Liberation
>>
>>335086759
And I won't, 3 killed it for me. What a overmarketed piece of shit.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.