[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats the deal with the people who bitch about Estus drinking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (121 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
121 KB, 1280x720
Whats the deal with the people who bitch about Estus drinking in PVP? I mean are they mad that the playing field is now even?
>>
File: 1454384621400.gif (786 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
1454384621400.gif
786 KB, 620x349
It's boring to roll around and sippy sippy Sunny D for 10 minutes before you both run out and the actual fight starts.
>>
If you get invaded or summoned as Blue Sentinels or Darkmoon Blades, sure yeah sippy as much as you want. Same for Aldrich fuckers, Mound Makers and Farron's Watchfurries.

But if you summon an invader from their sign and still heal, you're a dick. The idea is to have a quick and fair PVP bout.
>>
>>335074783
how does this work with invading, is my estus halved or do I get a specific amount depending on something else.
>>
Healing with humanity was cool because it has such a long animation and so you can be punished for attempting to do it while you're near the opponent.

Estus drinking is so fast that it's easy to drink and roll and get away. Healing shouldn't be easy
>>
It extends fights to unreasonable levels as there's no good way to punish them
>>
What is with all these faggots that don't like dawn out fights? I would prefer one to go for a few minutes rather than a few seconds
>>
>>335075319
It's halved.
>>
Jesus I love to backstab hosts in fightclubs with Yhorm's Great Machete + Hornet Ring.

Everyone gets confused and I just spam clapping gesture.
>>
>>335074783
Just like BB its boring. It eliminates mistakes and allows random factors to come into play. Someone could barely heal and rape the other dude who is healing all day who gets one lucky situation and wins.

Everyone who heals is either a r1 hyper armor retard or a parry fisher. Both just healing constantly looking for their one situation to win at also

>>335074974
this. Even if both players were even the fights last so long and for what? it adds no more depth just makes one fight really long because people can't commit to their mistakes/efforts.
>>
>>335075291
this, I also don't mind if someone is going with one or two summons through the level as long as they at least try to get to the boss/proceed through the level. Just now I was invading in Road of Sacrifice, the Host is up at the halfway fortress bonfire, looks like he wants to battle me there, turns out it was a trap by him and his phantom buddy, fuck off out of there and run towards enemies, we all stand there looking at each other for an eternity, they refuse to engage me no matter what if it's not a 3 vs 1, Blue sentinel turns up too, Black crystal out. I don't really mind dying and having odds against me, but it's like the Forest in DS1 only everywhere now.
>>
undead hunter talisman should last until the one who used it on you dies

that would be fine
>>
>>335075365

Dark Souls 2 healing was also fine, it took a while and it wasn't fucking instant.

Why would they ignore the many things that DaS2 did right?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.