[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one was the better game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6
File: wwtp.png (971 KB, 803x437) Image search: [Google]
wwtp.png
971 KB, 803x437
Which one was the better game?
>>
>>335051494

wind waker for sure, but I don't have a huge problem with TP either. they're both pretty great.
>>
From HD remake perspective or the original games?
>>
wind waker. gave up playing tp during the first dungeon it was so bad
>>
>One of the better entries in the franchise that was ambitous and innovative despitef being woefully unfinished
vs
>The third worst game in the franchise that is almost solely responsible for all of the popular criticism of the series today

Hmm.
>>
>>335051494
Wind Waker

I haven't played WW but TP was just so fucking boring I can't imagine WW being that bad.

Plus it looks really comfy
>>
>>335051634
That's the monkey one right?
>>
Anyone who says TP is >19 years old
>>
>>335051887
>>The third worst game in the franchise

Come on man, Wind Waker wasn't THAT bad.
>>
>>335051887
>People think unfinished Zeldas exist
Listen I don't like any of the 3D games that much but they do the opposite of that if anything. It's the most overproduced franchise of all time. Too many cooks.
>>
Parts of TP were fun. Just not the game as a whole. I would say if they had put the fishing game portion from the Wii into its own little thing like the River King I would play the shit out of a game like that.

Or even some of the puzzles from the ice dungeon.

Or even how the combat as a whole was better than most Zelda games because it was proactive.

Just as a whole it was more story orientated like most modern zeldas, but to the point where it got boring. Like the first three hours of the game is just interaction with people and then finding Zelda in that tower before FINALLY getting to the dungeon with the monkeys in it.

And then they kill that dungeon and any fun you would have had with the puzzles by having the monkey lead you around and literally show you how to solve the puzzles with the boomerang and the lantern.

It's literally Zelda for babies who just want story.

Wind Waker on the otherhand has story and it leads you to these easy dungeons at first and then you just get set out on the free world after a bit of time and the game really begins after that. Like you want to see every single island and there is always unique and fun stuff, not to mention the puzzles are actually fun and they don't hold your hand for the first portion of the game.

Wind Waker by far is the better Zelda game. It's probably the best 3D Zelda game I would argue.
>>
TP speedruns are a lot of fun to watch.

WW was okay with storage but since everyone runs the HD version now it's just tedious bullshit.
>>
>>335052229
go back to school anon
>>
Overall I've always liked TP more for having more dungeons and better bosses.

WWHD is a much better remake than TPHD though.
>>
>>335051494
I enjoy Wind Waker because it was made out of some artistic vision, as opposed to Twilight Princess, which was made to pander to the OoT audience.
>>
>>335051494
I Just started to play tphd yesterday, and it seems like the controls are more sluggish than the gc version.
>>
File: 200px-Neckbeards.png (208 KB, 560x546) Image search: [Google]
200px-Neckbeards.png
208 KB, 560x546
>>335051556
>10yrs ago no one would say this
>only hipsters say this in 2016

a zelda game without a world map to explore and travel is not a zelda game. Boat hoping from island to island the size of an 10 acre farm (or smaller) is no fun.
>>
>>335053554
The HD version of Twilight Princess is horribly made. The studio that made it honestly probably had no idea what the hell they were doing. I fell through walls and ceilings at least a good 8 or so times during my playthrough and it is definitely more sluggish and less finely tuned than the original.
>>
As someone plays Zelda games for the main quests, Twilight Princess.

Wind Waker by far and away has the worst dungeon set out of all the 3D Zelda games, and they're isn't enough meaningful side quests and rewarding exploration to make up for that.

Twilight Princess, on the other hand, has some of the best dungeons in the series, and the pacing improves considerably after the first three temples. (Compared to Wind Waker, where the pacing gets worse.) It's the second-worst of the 3D games in terms of side content, but that's easier to forgive in my eyes than a lackluster main quest.
>>
>>335053672
You literally just cut out the middle man and it's the exact same formula as other Zelda games but with more to do in between trips.
>>
>>335051887
>that is almost solely responsible for all of the popular criticism of the series today
OOT?
>>335051949
>I have no argument so I must comfy
>>335052229
Yeah TP fans are mature enough not to fall for unfinished, cel-shaded artistic visions of autism, I agree.
>>335053087
>what are cut dungeons
>>335053130
>story orientated
>>335053458
It was made out of something, alright.
>>
The answer depends entirely on whether or not you enjoyed the ocean

if you didnt, you wont like WW
>>
>>335053679
Never clipped through walls, but yeah Epona controls like fucking garbage. Also the UI fucks up at times; the rupee in particular will come in and out lower and to the right of where it is now when you run across little bridges and stuff.
>>
>>335053845
Um, cut dungeons are dungeons they cut because they didn't want to put them in the game.

The current Zelda in production is proof that they can take as much time as they want, even if they have to skip a console.
>>
>>335053672
>wind waker sucks because there's no exploration or side quests!
>>335053728
>wind waker sucks because the main quest is awful!
in either case, TP had fuckall for side quests and exploration, a smaller and somehow emptier world than WW, and some of the shittiest dungeon progression/items in any zelda game (wow, I sure do love getting an item that ceases to be useful the second I leave the dungeon!).

And that owl statue bullshit was 100 times worse than the triforce quest.
>>
>>335053728
Twilight Princess's pacing gets worse I think, the stuff you have to do between Temples in that game is worse than any Zelda I've played
>>
File: empty.jpg (11 KB, 580x349) Image search: [Google]
empty.jpg
11 KB, 580x349
>>335054135
>they cut because they didn't want to put them in the game
Wow, I had no idea.
>The current Zelda in production is proof that they can take as much time as they want
So why didn't they with WW? Are you telling me big empty islands that were clearly meant to have dungeons but didn't are ok just because they decided to ship it that way? That it shouldn't have any bearing on a comparative discussion of two games?
>>
>>335053672
I said it 10 years ago and I still say it now. The only people that were opposed to Wind Waker when it was announced were children who were afraid of looking immature.
>>
>>335051494
WW HD had more effort put into it. TP HD feels lazy.
I still like TP better
>>
all the padding in Twilight Princess makes the game unbearable
>>
>>335053845
>>I have no argument so I must comfy

I did have one, it's that TP is a boring slog
>>
File: windwakerhd_charts.jpg (64 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
windwakerhd_charts.jpg
64 KB, 600x338
>>335054929
You're in for a treat when you play WW then.
>>
>>335055258
the long sailing appeals to me

bug collecting does not
>>
>>335055258
That was mostly fixed in WWHD. Those tedious wolf segments though...
>>
>>335055413
>I like long boring slogs as long as they're on a boat
This is why there's a Zelda game with a train.
>>
Wind Waker was affected mainly by pacing issues, which were largely fixed in the HD version regardless of some of the whining you hear from butthurt TPfags on this board.

Twilight Princess had a really strong main quest but really weak side content. Really depends on what you're looking for.
>>
>>335051494
Hey guys.

Twilight Princess was the better game.

I played Wind Waker first by the way.
>>
>>335054218
>TP had fuckall for side quests and exploration

I already said TP is inferior in the side quest department. Don't know what you're trying to prove there.

>a smaller and somehow emptier world than WW

Highly debatable. Wind Waker was mostly barren sea just as much as TP was barren grasslands, if not moreso.

>and some of the shittiest dungeon progression/items in any zelda game (wow, I sure do love getting an item that ceases to be useful the second I leave the dungeon!).

People really need to stop exaggerating over this. Out of all the items in TP, only maybe 3 get any kind of shaft outside of their dungeons (one of which because it was practically replaced). Regardless, TP has the largest arsenal out of all the Zelda games. Wind Waker's items may have been used more evenly, but that's also hardly an impressive feat considering it has fewer items than TP does.

TP's could've done better with item usefulness, I'll agree, but the items themselves were great when you actually did get to use them. Arguably the best arsenal in the series.

>And that owl statue bullshit was 100 times worse than the triforce quest.

It really wasn't. If you actually payed attention to your surroundings while traversing the overworld beforehand, most of the statue locations took almost no time at all to find.

>>335054493
The only part after the first three dungeons that isn't just "head to the temple" is the Dominion Rod quest to get to the City in the Sky. Now compare that to everything you had to go through just to be able to even get near the dungeons in the first half of the game.
>>
File: 1460789518974.gif (1 MB, 296x160) Image search: [Google]
1460789518974.gif
1 MB, 296x160
>>335056660
So did most people. What's your point?
>>
>>335051494
I played TP first, didn't play WW until the HD version came out. I liked WW better.
>>
>>335051494
WW for me. TP feels kinda like a casualized modern version of OoT, while not bad, doesn't surpass the original.
>>
File: 1372274700507.jpg (113 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1372274700507.jpg
113 KB, 960x720
>Wind Waker
Has arguably the best art style, great game, memorable and nostalgic.

>Twilight Princess: Not old enough to be as nostalgic as other Zeldas, overall the best adventure in 3D Zeldas (Majora's Mask is just as good but in a different way), has the best version of the fishing game, has Midna, has arguably the best bunch of antagonists, is the most "complete" Zelda game.

Majora's Mask is the only Zelda game that's unanimously perfect
>>
>>335057293
>Majora's Mask is the only Zelda game that's unanimously perfect

It had shitty dungeons outside of the last one.
>>
>>335057293
>is the most "complete" Zelda game

Just because its main quest didn't completely shit the bed doesn't mean it was a "complete" Zelda game. TP's content outside of dungeons is so lacking it hurts, even fucking SS (which I think is worse overall than TP by the way) had more to do in Skyloft than all of TP's overworld combined.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.