[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some historical settings or events that would make good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: 1454888234246.jpg (168 KB, 768x714) Image search: [Google]
1454888234246.jpg
168 KB, 768x714
What are some historical settings or events that would make good vidya?
>>
Basically everything pre-60s.
>>
>>335048617
I would like to play as Oda Nobunga slahing rebel scum.
>>
>>335049986
There are like 5 samurai warriors games dude
>>
I'd like to play as a crusader destroying mudslimes but it's not politically correct so it won't become a game
>>
slave era
>>
File: rome chan.png (48 KB, 700x1000) Image search: [Google]
rome chan.png
48 KB, 700x1000
>>335048617

I'm making a tactical RPG that uses events from the First Punic War

you should read up on it, it's got some batshit instance events

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Punic_War

>In 288 BC, the Mamertines, a group of Italian (Campanian) mercenaries originally hired by Agathocles of Syracuse, occupied the city of Messana (modern Messina) in the northeastern tip of Sicily, killing all the men and taking the women as their wives.[13] At the same time, a group of Roman troops made up of Campanian "citizens without the vote" also seized control of Rhegium, which lies across the straits on the mainland of Italy. In 270 BC, the Romans regained control of Rhegium and severely punished the survivors of the revolt. In Sicily, the Mamertines ravaged the countryside and collided with the expanding regional empire of the independent city of Syracuse. Hiero II, tyrant of Syracuse, defeated the Mamertines near Mylae on the Longanus River.[14] Following the defeat at the river Longanus, the Mamertines appealed to both Rome and Carthage for assistance, and acting first, the Carthaginians approached Hiero to take no further action and convinced the Mamertines to accept a Carthaginian garrison in Messana. Either unhappy with the prospect of a Carthaginian garrison or convinced that the recent alliance between Rome and Carthage against Pyrrhus reflected cordial relations between the two, the Mamertines petitioned Rome for an alliance, hoping for more reliable protection. However, the rivalry between Rome and Carthage had grown since the war with Pyrrhus; therefore, according to Warmington, an alliance with both powers was simply no longer feasible.[15]

>[...] Leaving the Carthaginians alone at Messana would give them a free hand to deal with Syracuse. After the Syracusans had been defeated, the Carthaginian takeover of Sicily would essentially be complete.[16]
>>
>>335050563
there are plenty of games that simulate the crusades

crusader kings 2
>>
>>335050563
>I'd like to play as a crusader destroying mudslimes but it's not politically correct so it won't become a game

Medieval total war 2 lets you do this. And the kingdoms expansion has a special crusader campaign.
>>
>>335050563
Go play Crusader Kings 2.
>>
30 years war is heavily underrepresented
>>
File: lastbladecd.jpg (79 KB, 714x714) Image search: [Google]
lastbladecd.jpg
79 KB, 714x714
>>335048617
The downfall of the Samurai due to new weapons, tech, and the pressure of trading with foreigners probably made me love this game a lot more than I should.
>>
The viking era, but more specifically the time just after the colonization of Iceland.
>New land of Greenland to explore
>Indjuns to the west
>Feudalism in Iceland
>Raiding the British to the south
>Trading with the slavs to the east
>Exploring Byzantine to the south-east
>>
Finno korean hyperwar would be a cool setting desu
Or something in the great finnish empire
Maybe in the gayreek colonies where you fight off savages
>>
I'd love a game about exploration of siberia
>>
File: 1459266318146.jpg (84 KB, 603x483) Image search: [Google]
1459266318146.jpg
84 KB, 603x483
The Finno-Korean Hyper War naturally
>>
>>335048617
17th century is underrepresented.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.