[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This game is the most overated game of all time, prove me wrong.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: Half-Life_2_cover.jpg (67 KB, 300x428) Image search: [Google]
Half-Life_2_cover.jpg
67 KB, 300x428
This game is the most overated game of all time, prove me wrong.

>Pro tip
>You can't
>>
Episode 2 is.
>>
File: 1412216606407s.jpg (6 KB, 231x244) Image search: [Google]
1412216606407s.jpg
6 KB, 231x244
>it's another "/v/ hates on a great game for no reason" episode
>>
it is but nowhere as much as L4D2
and some people say it's better than KF1
>>
File: 1421502435955.jpg (16 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1421502435955.jpg
16 KB, 200x200
>>335043951
>He likes it vehicle segments make up half the game with an obvious blockade that you have to stop and remove every 15 mins
>>
Let's discuss the word overrated.

To overrate is to attribute to something more value than that item deserves.

The value of hl2 to an individual will vary wildly, and is thus subjective. When the value of an item is subjective, applying the term 'overrated' is nonsensical.

Bait taken, examined, dismantled, and thrown into the trash :)
>>
I can't.
I'm so glad I only started playing Half-Life recently, because after HL1 I would've been so disappointed if I was hyped for 2.
>But you didn't play it at launch!
Good games are timeless
>>
>>335044820
I actually loved HL 1 but 2 is just shit to me. Its an alright game but everyone hyped it up to be the best thing since sliced bread and it fell incredibly short of the hype.
>>
When do you ever really hear anyone praising it anymore? Sure it was held with praise for a long time, but beyond "LOL EPISODE 3" you don't hear anyone talking about it anymore.

I enjoyed it, I remember having a good time, especially with getting the gnome achievement.
>>
File: 116qanl.jpg (85 KB, 960x861) Image search: [Google]
116qanl.jpg
85 KB, 960x861
>>335043557
Replace pokemon with half-life
>>
>>335044558
The how can anything be overrated?
>>
File: Oy vey.jpg (6 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
Oy vey.jpg
6 KB, 184x184
>>335043557
For you
>>
>>335045286
>half-life should have ended at Gold & Silver
>These new half-life aren't how half-life are supposed to look.
>X Gen ruined half-life for me
>Rationalizer allows for rationalization of any flaws of the previous gen.
>Those exploits and glitches are what gave the game its charm
>Thick lense assures you never see how bad the gen truly is.
>Shit-colored lense blends in perfectly with games from the previous generation, ensuring optimal nostalgia
>Hoennbabby pls go
What the fuck is this thing referring to?
>>
>>335045383
When an item's over-value becomes detrimental for some reason. Like the dog at the beginning of dead rising.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.