[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>invade in crucifixion woods, lvl 25 with +1 reenforced weapon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
File: icon.250xauto[1].jpg (18 KB, 250x351) Image search: [Google]
icon.250xauto[1].jpg
18 KB, 250x351
>invade in crucifixion woods, lvl 25 with +1 reenforced weapon in NG
>host and phantom in dancer gear and using the dragonslayer greataxe
What the everloving fuck. it's like reverse twinking, how the fuck are they doing it?
>>
They killed the dancer at the beginning, then went up through Lothric Castle and killed Dragonslayer Armor.
What's wrong, bud? You not able to do it?
>>
>>335035330
>killed the dancer and dragonslayer with weapons not exceeding +1 and a SL not above 30
I'm not saying it's impossible, but I've seen it one too many times. Does summoning phantoms really make it that easy?
>>
>>335035495
no not really both you and the phantoms have to be really good to be able to beat dancer and dragonslayer at a low soul level
>>
>>335035495
They might've used to glitch on Dancer to make Sword Master invincible, but regardless they had to have killed Dragonslayer Armor legitimately.
>>
>>335035621
I guess I've just gotten unlucky enough to run into at least five groups capable of doing it. I figured I was missing some secret cheesing sequence break or something.
>>
>>335035779
What he said. But after defeating the dancer you have access to the componets that could get you a +9 weapon. So in all reality Dragonslayer wouldn't even be a problem.
>>
>>335036128
if they had a +9/+4 weapon, OP wouldn't be able to invade them
>>
>>335035621
doesnt the password remove the level limits for coop
so you can just summon a high level friend to beat the boss for you
>>
>>335036454
You get synced down to the host. How much though I don't really know.
>>
File: 1418433171237.png (305 KB, 534x486) Image search: [Google]
1418433171237.png
305 KB, 534x486
>>335035147
I think I know how they did it...
>>
File: 1453836999716.jpg (79 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1453836999716.jpg
79 KB, 640x960
Anyone know if unique +5 weapons count as +10 when factoring coop?
Im level 35 with a +5 anri sword and now i cant cant see summon signs are even get invaded by aldrich anymore.
>>
>>335037912
yes they do
>>
>haven't played ds2 in months
>boot that shit up
>have a bunch of cracked red eye orbs
>never invaded before
>fuck it, let's go
>5 minutes later i can finally see what's it all about
>this is fucking fun
>time flies and suddenly out of orbs
HOW DO I GET MORE
>>
>>335038027
What level should i be at to catch up with the other +10 players?
>>
>>335036307
Actually he would. His weapon wouldn't count towards the invasion.

There is no Soul memory in this game bud.
You can easily be level 20 and have a +9 weapon.
>>
>>335038891
He can't invade a host who has a +9 weapon with a +1 weapon.
>>
>>335038891
>he doesn't know about weapon memory
Fucking lmao
>>
>>335039038
And who and what says he can't?
Because I was.
>>
>>335038202
http://darksouls2.wiki.fextralife.com/Cracked+Red+Eye+Orb
Welcome to yet another reason Dark Souls 2 sucks.
>>
>>335039128
Dark Souls 3 takes into account your weapon level and soul level.
http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Summon+Range+Calculator
>>
>>335039038
What if he is invading host who is playing with someone via password? There is no level restrictions to summon then and that summon can have +10 weapons while host still has +1 or something. Does invaders scale with summon weapons then?
>>
>>335039128
Game looks at both your level and weapon level when linking multiplayer. +9 weapon users cant link with anyone below +6. I was hoping +5 unique weapons were calculated differently, but it seems they count as +10.
>>
>>335039629
they count as follows
+1 = +2
+2 = +4
+3 = +6
+4 = +8
+5 = +10
>>
>>335039038
I am assuming you can still invade infinitely up, including weapon levels.
>>
>>335039410
Linking through passwords is unrestricted.
My problem is no one is invading me. I think my level my be too low for my weapon level.
>>
>>335040182
So invaders with same level as high level summon, lets say around 60-80, can invade host world, who could be as low as 10?

Or is it unrestricted for just people using those passwords?
>>
File: 1460334231882.jpg (79 KB, 576x720) Image search: [Google]
1460334231882.jpg
79 KB, 576x720
>tfw invading as a grapist with the mimic head and throwing kunai knives and undead hunter charms at groups

Should I invest in some fire bombs?
Should I just start using force to launch people into mobs after using hunting charms?

On top of that, where can I get that forbidden flame pyromancy? The one that makes corpses explode.

I need it for reasons.
>>
>Red Phantom invades at entrance to Farron Swamp
>Watchdog immediately after
>Gold sign appears at my feet
>Both Exile Knights at gate are aggroed
>Watchdog is glitched so his moves dont show
>Watchdog and Red Knight immediately go at it
>Gold Knight dives in on watchdog
>I backstab Red Knight and he dies
>Both exiles are now charging me
>Gold Knight is dying to Watch dogs glitched attacks
>I run past the exiles and runnin thrust the fuck out of the Watchdog
>His final attack still registers
>He and Gold both die
>Finish off the exiles
>BATTLE ROYAL
>LAST MAN STANDING

thats my pvp story
>>
>>335040596
No. Linking is determined by host, but if a host summons someone through a password that person can be any level, and the invader will link off the low level host and find himself in a pickle with the high levelled friend.
>>
>>335035330
Or they drop traded like the rest of us.
>>
>>335040764
>BATTLE ROYAL
why the fuck am i so triggered by this

perhaps its because you tried to make a joke using that phrase and completely fucked it up with ROYAL instead of ROYALE. you dumb fuck.
>>
>>335040712
>The one that makes corpses explode.

I don't think that exists

Unless you're talking about Dead Again, which you can buy from Irina
>>
>>335042571
Also, to save you some disappointment

Dead Again doesn't work as an invader
>>
>>335038202
>tfw DS3 has the full orb and you can get it very early in the game

Invading all day every day.
>>
Who else says fuck you to "honorable" duels and plays the game the way it was intended? Undead Hunter Charms, escape firebombs, hiding, luring people to mobs or other fucked up spots is what you should be doing. Invaders are pushing themselves on others for their own benefit (Embers, covenant progress and level reset) while the host stands to lose his level progress, sunbros stand to lose their current progress towards a sunlight medal while Blues and Darkmoons also need every rare defensive invasion they can get. It's perfectly reasonable that both sides are doing their best to fuck each other over. I don't use white phantoms myself as a host, but I can perfectly understand hosts who wish to gang up on me since he has a lot more to lose.

Making Red Eye Orb users be able to invade even when not in Ember form (returning to DeS' system) was the single best change From Software did to online play. When I invaded, I did so with the very clear purpose of helping advance the game in my own world instead of PvP just being an useless pastime like DaS1 or 2. However they really shouldn't have removed Blue Eye Orb as right now there are zero downsides to invading people, unlike DeS which punished invaders with lower soul form HP, or DaS1 and 2 that punished Dickwraiths with Sin invaders.
>>
Ive played every Souls bit never really played online so i figured this time id give it a go and im having quite a bit of fun. Whenever it's 1v1 i usually win. And sometimes 2v1 but rarely. Bit alot of the time its 3v1 and i can't do shit but be an annoyance. Any tips for dealing with more than 1?

My favorite invading story so far;
> invade Boreal Valley
> walking down path
> host runs up stairs
> purple runs up stairs
> both wave
> wave back
> prepare myself for anal devastation
> both turn and run
> purple fighting another purple
> host sits and watches
> wut
> what do i do here...
> sit with host
> the purple that ran up wins
> host gets up and points at me
> herewego.jpeg
> i have him down to an inch of health
> purple realizes i'll win and jumps in
> kill host
> purple collapses and lets me kill him

Was fun to have a group of 4 that wasn't a gank squad
>>
>>335044485
>Any tips for dealing with more than 1?
For fights:
-Invade in levels with good support mobs, either big HP hard hitters or ranged ones. Also preferably cramped areas. Invading in a wide open area with no mobs is just asking to get gangfucked.
-Hide and play dirty, either go behind corners or use White Branches. Getting out of host group's line of sight sooner or later makes them think it's safe to advance or pull a few mobs.
-If you need to escape run towards mobs while using the bombs that are thrown backwards.
-Use Undead Hunter Charms. Best time to throw them is when they're sipping their first Estus, or are attacking a mob / another invader.
-If a Blue / Darkmoon invader gets summoned IIRC like you, they can't be damaged by mobs so it's likely they're actively looking for you. Host and his phantoms on the other hand have to deal with mobs first, so take that time to rid yourself of the Blue / Darkmoon player.
-Most of the time you should be prioritizing the host, but remember that all phantoms have less max Estus and killing them also nets you one Estus back.

For covenants:
-If you're Aldrich's Faithful you can get summoned alongside another friendly invader, as that area disregards the Dried Finger requirement.
-I haven't tried this myself, but I hear using Red Eye Orb as a Sunbro has a higher chance of putting you into worlds where there's already one invader. However you two can damage each other.
-Mound-Makers always prioritize worlds with most players (white, sunbro, blue, red, another grapebro etc.). Can either help you or fuck you over.
>>
File: 1457633839604.jpg (278 KB, 1400x1680) Image search: [Google]
1457633839604.jpg
278 KB, 1400x1680
What are the recommended levels for areas and has a pvp meta developed yet?
>>
>>335045438
I try to do most of that. Ive been invading at the first Boreal Valley bonfire becauae i figure i'll get the new to area guys that dont realize how annoying the dancers are. But i'll run to mobs and all 3 of them will literally just stand out of range and not move. I keep going and they never follow. I eventually just ran to the water part and sat and waited for about 45 minutes and eventually they all died. But i tried doing that again, and this happens a lot, when the two summons die the host just disconnects. Why the fuck play this game if you're such a shitter? Is there a system in place to deal with disconnectors?

I didnt know the Aldrich or Sunbro thing. Ill try those. Thanks man
>>
>>335046348
>Is there a system in place to deal with disconnectors?
If you ALT+F4 too many times or pull the plug during online your character becomes unable to summon or be summoned, but can be invaded. You get one copy of a one use item (Way of White Circlet) that restores your online connectivity to other worlds if you illegally disconnected too many times. However as I've understood it the game counts illegal disconnects per character, rather than permanently tying them to the player's account.
>>
>>335036607
Quite a bit, actually.

I do it with my buddy and my Stamina and HP fucking plummet
>>
File: Green Lex Luthor.jpg (36 KB, 628x599) Image search: [Google]
Green Lex Luthor.jpg
36 KB, 628x599
>>335042841
>Dead Again doesn't work as an invader
Seriously?
>>
>>335046946
They can still get invaded? Wouldnt they just continue to disconnect then? I suppose preventing summons for a majority of the shitty players is a good thing though.

I think they should reward the invader with whatever they're after if the host disconnects. Spending half an hour fighting summons just for the host to quit and getting nothing for wasting my time is pretty annoying.
>>
>>335047938
The problem with the system is that in penalizes you for any sort of disconnect (bugs, server crashes, loss of internet) and its uncertain if its a temporary penalty or if you are screwed over for that character.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.